pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Invert

Old 01-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
Chickenmunga
The Colonel's Finest

Lightbulb Mini homebrew modifications *Do So At Own Risk*

It seems there is a growing number of small upgrades you can do to the Mini to increase the user friendliness of the marker. They may not change performance or efficiency, but they make general maintenance and adjustments easier. In this thread, I hope to share my findings to help others make the Mini more user friendly as well.

If you would like to add a homebrew mod, please include necessary tools, steps, and parts that are required, along with good quality pictures. it helps to set your camera to the 'macro' setting for close up shots.

This thread is not for adjustments or aftermarket accessories, such as buying new bolts, adjusting trigger pull, or dwell settings. Those are good to know, but belong in seperate threads.

Just because this can't be stated enough (Thanks Crede! ):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede
Please read these threads in the Custom Modification section before posting:

Procedure for posting a modification

Common Sense Rule

***Readers should note that modifications to one's marker can void warranties and cause damage if not done properly. It is not wise to modify one's marker personally if one does not fully understand the procedure and feels comfortable doing so. That said, PBReview, the staff, or the contributors to this thread do not accept any responsibility if damage or a voiding of your warranty to your marker resulting from one of these modifications should occur.***

Redz Pepperstickz
VLocity Jr with Gangstar chip
Crossfire 45/45 LP tank

Feedback +1/0-

Last edited by Chickenmunga : 01-06-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Chickenmunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:56 AM   #2
Chickenmunga
The Colonel's Finest

Front Grip thumbscrew mod

This mod originally created by http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post42979267

Level of Difficulty:

Low

Cost:

Under $5

Materials needed:

PC case thumbscrew, found at Best Buy, etc.

Directions:

1. Remove the front grip screw that holds the cover plate.
2. Use the PC case thumbscrew to hold in the cover plate

Redz Pepperstickz
Crossfire 45/45 LP tank

Feedback +1/0-

Last edited by Chickenmunga : 01-06-2008 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Moved pictures
Old 01-05-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
Chickenmunga
The Colonel's Finest

Trigger magnet mod

I don't know who the original poster was of this mod, but here it is again for your reference.

Level of Difficulty:

Low

Cost:

Approximately $2

Materials needed:

Package of two rare earth magnets, round, about 1/8" tall. Found at RadioShack

Directions:

1. Locate the exposed magnet that sits directly behind the lower trigger adjustment screw (the rear stop screw).
2. Place one of the rare earth magnets you purchased on top of the exposed magnet (the magnetic force should attact them)

You do not need to glue the magnet in place, the magnetism should do well enough

Redz Pepperstickz
Crossfire 45/45 LP tank

Feedback +1/0-

Last edited by Chickenmunga : 01-06-2008 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Moved pictures
Old 01-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
Crede777
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Crede777
Stuck for the time being.

Please read these threads in the Custom Modification section before posting:

Procedure for posting a modification

Common Sense Rule

***Readers should note that modifications to one's marker can void warranties and cause damage if not done properly. It is not wise to modify one's marker personally if one does not fully understand the procedure and feels comfortable doing so. That said, PBReview, the staff, or the contributors to this thread do not accept any responsibility if damage or a voiding of your warranty to your marker resulting from one of these modifications should occur.***
This space is reserved for Chris (f2f4) and those in service to our country.

Denison '10

Last edited by Crede777 : 01-05-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:26 AM   #5
Chickenmunga
The Colonel's Finest

Feedneck thumbscrew

Original writeup from RobertSims at PBN

Level of Difficulty:

Medium (provided you don't loctite the wrong item, everything can be reversed to stock, even after you are done)

Cost:

Under $10

Materials Needed:

-A clamping knob with female insert size 8-32
-Threaded rod size 8-32 (this is also called allthread). You should only need about 2 inches, but it's usually sold in 3 feet. Find a bunch of Mini friends and spread the wealth!
-Hacksaw with a metal cutting blade (You could use a Dremel with a cutting wheel, but it doesn't work as well - slow and easy wins the race)
-two wooden blocks
-Vice
-Red Loctite
-(optional) tap and die set

Directions:

1. Place the threaded rod in the vice between the wooden blocks. The blocks help prevent the threading from being damaged.
2. Using the hacksaw, cut the threaded rod down to approximately 1 1/4"
3. Disassemble your stock feedneck's screw, brass nut, and clamp.
4. Using the 1 1/4" long threaded rod you just cut, try to screw one end into the clamping knob, and screw the other into the stock brass nut that sits inside the clamp. If at any point it becomes hard to thread, use the tap and die set to correct the threading on the threaded rod.
5. Disassemble everything in step 4, then reassemble it on the feedneck. Test to see that the threaded rod is the correct size by testing the clamp's full range of motion and ensuring that the feedneck can be clamped down far enough. If needed, go back to step 1 to shorten the rod.
6. Disassemble everything again
7. Add A LITTLE red loctite to the hole in the clamping knob, or on the portion of the threaded rod that will screw into the clamping knob. Screw the clamping knob onto the threaded rod and let it dry overnight.
8. Assemble the new thumbscrew you have just made, the stock brass nut, and the clamp onto the feedneck.

Notes:

-Your best friend is patience, a straight cut, and knowing that you can always make things shorter but not longer.
-With my personal project, my threaded rod extends just under 1" from the knob. You might decide longer or smaller is better
-On my first try, I decided that things would look better if I rounded the edges of the knob that would butt up against the feedneck so that the knob would have a better fit into the countersink of the feedneck. Unfortunately, with the knob I have, it just ended up looking bad because I wore the plastic down to the inner metal of the knob. Even if that had worked, getting back to a polished finish on the plastic is beyond my knowledge. Just leave the knob the way it looks, it's fine.

Redz Pepperstickz
Crossfire 45/45 LP tank

Feedback +1/0-

Last edited by Chickenmunga : 01-06-2008 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Added pictures, fixed some word choices
Old 01-10-2008, 07:34 AM   #6
stangdude22

Can someone shed some light on the magnet/trigger mod? Does it make the trigger more responsive?
stangdude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:44 AM   #7
Uziel Gal
Legend

It's basically going to make the trigger pull heavier, or more importantly, increase the return strength.

Some people won't like that of course, because they assume lighter has to be better, but if you can get used to the heavier pull it's actually an advantage - trigger bounce is less likely, and the quicker the trigger resets between shots the quicker it is ready to be pulled again.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:23 PM   #8
asiantay

Here's a minor suggestion for the feedneck mod: buy a rubber grommet (usually found in the same aisle as the knob) and put that between the nob and the feedneck to prevent scratches. It works fine for me.
asiantay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #9
bikegames59

I like it lighter, you need lot of time to get use to heavier
bikegames59 is offline   Reply With Quote