pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Tourney Talk

Old 03-09-2002, 02:38 PM   #1
PaintballerX
Banned

Post Team Drills (Please Contribute)

Hey everybody,

I was looking around, and saw that there wasn't a thread with anything to do with drills to practice with. Well, being the helpful, kind, and caring (rigghhtttttt) guy I am, I decided to help some new and used and abused teams out with some stuff to try next practice.

No More Wusses Drill

Ever had a game where nobody moved up, and you got bunkered every 30 seconds? Well, try this drill a few times, and that will be no more:

This drill needs a large field, preferably a big Sup'Air or Hyperball to work to it's full potential. There will be a certain number of shooters and a certain number of runners. The basic ratio of shooters and runners (respectively) should be around 1:3, more or less depending on the level of challenge you want. The shooters start at one end, and must stay at the first bunker they start at, and can't stand out in the open. The runners start behind the very far back bunker, and a ref calls the game (3, 2, 1, GO GO GO GO!). The runners do either of the following: (EASY) tag a bunker that is approximately 15 feet in front of the closest shooter, or (HARD), tag the bunkers of the shooters (the shooters must wait 10 seconds before they are back in). Play this as a regeneration game, where if you are shot out, you go back to the far back bunker and restart. This drill should be timed by the ref for 20-30 minutes. VARIATION: all the runners also can carry their markers, with 5-20 shots in them, depending again on the level of challenge you want.

That's my favorite one guys, anyone want to add a couple or three more?
PaintballerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 09:31 PM   #2
cockerking14

Send a message via AIM to cockerking14
Hey do u live by killeen?

See you when i am in your bunker.
cockerking14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 09:36 PM   #3
cockerking14

Send a message via AIM to cockerking14
Ya i got a snap shooting drill

If you have two stand ups (approx 15ft away) have a guy in each practice snap shooting back at each other. have the ref call when time is up. then from then on move anywhere. but the trick is you only got 1min after time is up to take your oppenent out.

See you when i am in your bunker.
cockerking14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 06:32 AM   #4
cardbordwarrior
brook burke fanatic

Send a message via AIM to cardbordwarrior
on a field have one team with back players with thier guns and then have the front and mid guys w/out guns sprint to bunkers and practice breakout.
cardbordwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 06:54 AM   #5
PaintballerX
Banned

*STUCK*

Damn, never works for me. Someone suggest a sticky for this thread, quick!
Old 03-10-2002, 10:29 AM   #6
Paint Bulley
Super POSER

Location: Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and
Send a message via ICQ to Paint Bulley Send a message via AIM to Paint Bulley Send a message via Yahoo to Paint Bulley
YOu could have a guy behind a bunker, and then the bunker in front of him, have a soup can that you can se half of....

The guy has to snap shoot the can like it was a persons toe.. you could also tape the soup can higher up the bunker like it was an elbow or something...

Also from what I've heard points are very very important, so you could have the team vs. 1 final guy, and all the guy has to do is take one of them with him to lower there score... So the team has to work together, and play it safe like they need every last point, and all this guy has to do is take on with him....
Paint Bulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 10:48 AM   #7
Slayerized
Adměněstrator

Drills

Yeah, I think I can come up with a couple. Kinda difficult to type, but I'll try.

Rabbit Drill:
One player(usually a front player) is the rabbit. He has to make his way up the field through a series of bunkers, usually about 8. The rabbit is a rabbit, and therefore cannot shoot a gun, so no marker for him. There are 2 or 3 other people, the foxes who set up in bunkers away from the main 8, and try to shoot the Rabbit. The Rabbit has to be fast, and make good use of his cover not to get shot. Also reffered to as the Gauntlet.I've got some more, but I'll do them later.
Get this thing stickied!
Slayerized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 07:56 PM   #8
DasBaldDog
Certified SP Tech

NO GUTS NO GLORY DRILL

This is a movement drill.

Play on a good sized field (ie 5 or 10 man sized)

One side has 5 people, the other side has either 1 or 2.

The side with 5 people has full hoppers, harnesses.

The side with 1/2 people has guns but must keep hoppers empty and must wear full harnesses.

The idea is that 5 side start with 2 men on the front (around mid field), 1 in the middle and 2 in the back. The team with 2 use movement strategies to move through the field without being shot (if you get nailed just keep going) much. When skill improves you will be able to run the field with NO hits. As you arrive at the latitude or run past the shooters, they can no longer fire on you.

Before you ridicule this technique, my former team LOVED this drill and whenever we played, we could RULE with either hopperball or even playing with pumps against semi's. Movement is LIFE in paintball.

DasBaldDog: The First Non-Factory Shocker Tech(

If you wish to talk to me on AOL Instant Messenger, please PM me with your screenname.

That's Right... I said it!

Don't send me to Davy Jones' Locker.... Just ship me Danial Jones' Shocker

Last edited by DasBaldDog : 03-14-2002 at 11:13 AM.
DasBaldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 08:05 AM   #9
PaintballerX
Banned

Re: Drills

Quote:
Originally posted by Slayerized
Get this thing stickied!
Yeah, Das, where's the glue?
Old 03-15-2002, 11:50 PM   #10
KlumpDud

This is a drill to primarily train the back players, but can be helpful for everyone. This drill will improve your ability to cover your teammates.

Assuming you have 5 players:

2 Players (with their markers) go in 2 back bunkers. They may not move from the bunker. We will refer to these 2 players as "Turret" players.

A flag is placed somewhat near the 2 "Turret" players equal distance from each.

On the other side of the field, you will have 1 shooter (with his marker) and 2 runners (without their markers).

When someone yells "GO!", the team of 3 (1 shooter + 2 runners) must work their way up the field. The objective is for one of the runners to grab the flag without being shot out. The shooter must work to cover his runners by laying paint down on the 2 "Turret" players so that they cannot shoot out the runners. The drill is over if the flag is grabbed by a runner (without the runner being shot) or if both "Turret" players are eliminated.

You can add variations with the number of runners, and also allowing the "Turret" players to be reincarnated after a pre-determined amount of time (e.g. 20-30 seconds)

Enjoy!
KlumpDud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 06:02 PM   #11
anchorite
JD4EVER...

Send a message via ICQ to anchorite Send a message via AIM to anchorite
alright... I have two drills.
both include lots of running.

1) break up your team into teams of two. one front player and one back player. have each team start in the starting gates, and call the game to start like a normal game. (with 30 second silent countdown).
each pair of players then proceeds to break. both of the front players carry markers, the object is to get to the center 50 (or flag. whatever is more convienint) off of break. The back players break as normal, but must immeditley shoot at the front player from the oppisite team. (front players may, and are encouraged to, shoot at the opposite front players as well)
the first team to eliminate an opposing player wins.

send the winning team immediatley back to starting gate, and sub another team in for the losing team. start the silent 30 sec countdown again.

this drill both helps back players sweet spot front players off break, and helps front players learn to shoot and run very quickly.

2) set up cans behind a bunker, in the center of a field. have a player run from behind one bunker, past the bunker with the cans, to a bunker one or two bunkers in behind it.
while running, that player is to take no more than three shots at the cans. if he hits him, he is done until the next round.
if he misses, he gets back in line with the other players, and does it again, until he hits it.
players are timed, and encouraged to hit the cans and get behind the bunker as quickly as possible.

I got more. but I dont feel like typing them.
my favorite drill is 3v3 centerflag.
anchorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 10:56 PM   #12
DeathSilence
Light Fade, Dark Stays

Send a message via AIM to DeathSilence Send a message via Yahoo to DeathSilence
Close Combat!

ok here is a really good drill for close 1 on 1 action.

Have 2 bunkers (i would choose spools) about 15 steps apart. 1 guy behind each bunker and set a cone or something in the middle flag or so in between the 2 bunkes make sure the distance from each side is even to the flag or cone 7.5 steps. then ahve the players lok at there bunkers not being able to see the other person untill u say go then have someone say go and they work the other person from left to right side picking what ever side they wanna shot on. switching it up. U wanan gain controll over the other person and keep them tucked in so u can make it to the cone first then game is over or u can eliminate the other person. this also works good with a double stand up if u want 2 peeps to play. games should be short.
DeathSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 08:44 PM   #13
blinkpk11
Wasted & Ready

Send a message via AIM to blinkpk11
little 2v2 drill that works on team work and snapshooting
start out with 2 teams each with 1 front man and one back guy. set up on a mirror field so each player is in the mirror of the other, e.i. one back player is in the back right, then the other is in the same bunker on the other side. now the front players should line up right with the back player in a straight line. players are encouraged to shoot with their off hand. the front players snapshoot at each other and the back player while the back guys provide cover. 1 elimination ends it so keep tight in your bunkers.
blinkpk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 06:07 AM   #14
PaintballerX
Banned

Pictures, anyone?

This thread would be even MORE helpful with some pictures of where you play and the bunkers that you talk about circled or highlited...just a thought.
Old 04-21-2002, 08:45 AM   #15
NoVeLTeK
I 0wn j00

ok i have one, this is what our team does

say u have 5 guys, u put 3 guys on one side, and 2 guys on the other

the 3 guys (hopefuly back players)have to pick a bunker, and stay behind it without moviing to another bucnker, while the team of 2 can move to wherever they want
NoVeLTeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 03:12 PM   #16
whatdaheckwasth
damn ok! who did that

i have one but its rather simple and fast 1vs1
it will improve avasion tactics and help to avoid bunkering

just give one guy a paintball gun and tell another one a head start then tell the guy with the gun to hunt him down
Old 04-24-2002, 03:18 PM   #17
123justin
PBreview Security Gaurd

Talking

I suggest that all your front men try this excercise. Make sure you get a lot of speed and know where your opponent is at ALL TIMES! Oh yeah, try to land on the ground, not on top of your opponent.
Attached Images To view attachments your post count must be 0 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

2002 WGP Black Magic

KOREAN PRYDE

WGP Autococker PRYDE

Christian Paintball Players Association (CPPA) Member #978
www.christianpaintball.com
The Lord is my Shepard
123justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 03:20 PM   #18
automagdude
Team Outcasts

Send a message via AIM to automagdude
dude

i got one drill for the back players. It is the front vs. the backs. there has to be one more front than back. The backs play as the normally do, but they have one more dude against them. This drill helps the backs to find the people and kept them down. Because front players are better up front and if they get up to the back players the backs players are screw because they A. get bunker or B. Get posted up and get shot. I type this quick soo it might be confussing
automagdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 05:26 PM   #19
whatdaheckwasth
damn ok! who did that

123justin dude that must have hurt it looks like the guy in the air stuck his barrel wright in the guys croch owww hope he was wereing a cup
Old 06-06-2002, 02:30 PM   #20
Cschlaak

Send a message via ICQ to Cschlaak Send a message via AIM to Cschlaak
Justin, that picture is awesome....is one of those people you? :drop: :drop: :drop:

In conclusion, Libya is a land of contrast.
Cschlaak is offline   Reply With Quote