pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 01-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #10001
OWNAGE
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballjames View Post
Speaking of songs from commercials. Does anyone know what the song from the Heineken commercial where they're all in a cab and the cab driver is sing too?
Biz Markie-Just A Friend

www.APD-Direct.com - Arizona's only authorized dealer for the DLX Luxe
Fort Adobe Paintball Complex - Play on Turf

Green/Purple CCM Series 6 Pump + Gear Stolen!
OWNAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:47 PM   #10002
thepeashooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWNAGE View Post
I think I got it this time: Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis
Big Box of cookies are in the mail for you.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #10003
Headhunter

So wife and I watched UFC:108 on PPV and just have a silly question, understanding that it is a live broadcast; why show the prelims AGAIN!? If I'm paying 'X' amount of money, I would think that you would show live fights, not the fights I saw for free on another channel, or do they always do that. Our first PPV, so kinda felt a little ripped off when they showed prelim fights.

And what are the people who are in the arena doing at that time, watching the samething on the jumbo-tron?
Recreational Paintball Player with a Professional Attitude POG#854

Quote:
Originally Posted by llSmithll
i live in missouri....our dog sled teams are not that competitive....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Wayz View Post
I know this is a forum, but do you plan on doing any research yourself or are you planning on having all of us spoonfeed it to you?
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #10004
Lopez17
Administrator

They show the prelim fights to fill up space in the broadcast so they don't have dead time between the events people are paying to see. So if they know it's going to be a few minutes before the headliners can get out of their locker rooms and out to the octagon and however long it takes to swab down the mats and clean up any blood, they'll air a good prelim bout.

Lately some of the prelim fights have been better than the events I paid to see.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaster
I'd have given someone's arm for a U-Haul and 20 minutes alone with a forklift.
Lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #10005
paintballjames
Umbram Fugat Veritas

Send a message via AIM to paintballjames
Quote:
Originally Posted by OWNAGE View Post
Biz Markie-Just A Friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post

edit: james, Biz Markie - Just A Friend
Yeah thats it. Thanks guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by FertileTurtle
I just came.

EDIT:back inside.

paintballjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #10006
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Send a message via AIM to speedy2k4
watching live fight events varies a lot from one to another, it kind of has to. if all the prelim fights went to decision it would take 4 times as long as if they are all first round ko's and broadcasters cant plan that ahead of time.

i didnt watch the 108 ppv because it didnt sound interesting to me and half the original fight card was out with injuries, but i believe they showed 2 more fights on the free prelim broadcast than originally planned because they were pretty quick.

the PPV portion starts at x time regardless of how many prelim/undercard matches have been shown. if they happen to burn through all of them before the PPV starts, they replay the best ones to fill the gap until the headline fights. and depending on where the event is held people may or may not get there to watch prelims in person, seats dont often fill until later on.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #10007
Headhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez17 View Post
They show the prelim fights to fill up space in the broadcast so they don't have dead time between the events people are paying to see. So if they know it's going to be a few minutes before the headliners can get out of their locker rooms and out to the octagon and however long it takes to swab down the mats and clean up any blood, they'll air a good prelim bout.

Lately some of the prelim fights have been better than the events I paid to see.
Quote:
watching live fight events varies a lot from one to another, it kind of has to. if all the prelim fights went to decision it would take 4 times as long as if they are all first round ko's and broadcasters cant plan that ahead of time.

i didnt watch the 108 ppv because it didnt sound interesting to me and half the original fight card was out with injuries, but i believe they showed 2 more fights on the free prelim broadcast than originally planned because they were pretty quick.

the PPV portion starts at x time regardless of how many prelim/undercard matches have been shown. if they happen to burn through all of them before the PPV starts, they replay the best ones to fill the gap until the headline fights. and depending on where the event is held people may or may not get there to watch prelims in person, seats dont often fill until later on.
Yeah, was kind of thinking the same thing as far as filling in time, there were a couple of interesting fights, but I'm not familiar enough with the names yet. I know the one guy is nick-named 'McLovin' and he went up against a Brit and was TKO'd. The Main Event was pretty good IMO. The prelims are what prompted us to order. That and it would be our first PPV. Have to see maybe we'll do it again, depending on who is fighting.
Recreational Paintball Player with a Professional Attitude POG#854

Quote:
Originally Posted by llSmithll
i live in missouri....our dog sled teams are not that competitive....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Wayz View Post
I know this is a forum, but do you plan on doing any research yourself or are you planning on having all of us spoonfeed it to you?
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #10008
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

im definately getting the PPV if rashad and rampage ever get around to fighting eachother because of pure hostility. and whoever fights machida next id watch. and i think one of the most entertaining mma fighters to watch is clay guida, although i dont think he has ever headlined, ive never seen a boring fight with that dude.

ufc 109 might actually be good. couture vs coleman as the main event, those dudes will still be fighting when they are in wheelchairs. josh koscheck vs thiago alves i think and noguiera vs vera. i probably wont buy it but hopefully someone i know will have it

im definately gonna buy the PPV for the mayweather vs pacquiao boxing in march
Old 01-05-2010, 12:25 AM   #10009
Fireaznboy
Geass

Send a message via AIM to Fireaznboy
UFC 108 Showed that again, rashad is not that good of a striker.

Don't dance around like Roy Jones and pull some Lay n' Pray BS.

Thiago should've taunted earlier. sigh.

EDIT: Haven't you heard speedy? its Shogun Machida again. May

Music=Fuel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedthephish View Post
Its like Phone Booth

But without Colin Ferral

Or a Phone Booth.
Fireaznboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:41 AM   #10010
pantzaroff16

Just dropped my first 2 nukes ever tonight. I have accomplished much.
pantzaroff16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:02 AM   #10011
OWNAGE
Super Moderator

trophy - thanks for reminding me to look at post count. I got the 1000th post

www.APD-Direct.com - Arizona's only authorized dealer for the DLX Luxe
Fort Adobe Paintball Complex - Play on Turf

Green/Purple CCM Series 6 Pump + Gear Stolen!
OWNAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:56 AM   #10012
Fireaznboy
Geass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantzaroff16 View Post
good stuff man. I just pulled off a 32 - 0 all kill streak. Wish i had a nuke =[

Music=Fuel
Quote:
Its like Phone Booth

But without Colin Ferral

Or a Phone Booth.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:54 AM   #10013
spydadude
Bаnned

Send a message via AIM to spydadude
For some reason, I can always count on getting around 4-5 kills per life, but my first reward is the harrier at 7. After I get my 4 or 5 kills, I aways get camped or shotgunned in the back.

I hate MW2 sometimes.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #10014
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireaznboy View Post
EDIT: Haven't you heard speedy? its Shogun Machida again. May
shogun wont beat machida. i dont think anyone is gonna knock him out standing, that karate stance is too goofy for people to handle. either gotta destroy his front knee or take him down without getting caught and be quick enough to submit him. lightheavyweight division is primarily filled with strikers and i think that helps machida. even guys with black or brown belts in bjj seem content to throw punches for 3 or 5 rounds in that division. not saying machida cant defend submissions, but i feel like people could handle him more on the ground.

and i just saw the plans for UFC 111, Mir vs Carwin for interim heavyweight championship AND GSP vs Hardy for welterweight championship, march 27th in jersey. id love to see that one live. mir seems to enjoy fighting dudes whos fists are the size of his head. feel like gsp will dominate hardy but hardy is one of the craziest brits ive seen, and he can definately turn lights out
Old 01-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #10015
paintballjames
Umbram Fugat Veritas

Send a message via AIM to paintballjames
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantzaroff16 View Post
I've dropped 3 in my MW2 career. Its so much fun. What I didn't know is that you can EMP during the nuke countdown and it negates it. I didn't know that but my friend said it happened a TD match he was playing yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydadude View Post
For some reason, I can always count on getting around 4-5 kills per life, but my first reward is the harrier at 7. After I get my 4 or 5 kills, I aways get camped or shotgunned in the back.

I hate MW2 sometimes.

I have just gotten used to that by now. I accept that almost every life I'm going to get my UAV and care package but getting my harrier or pavlow is kinda rare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FertileTurtle
I just came.

EDIT:back inside.

paintballjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #10016
dm4monkey
insert witty comment here

Quote:
shogun wont beat machida.
Yea, too bad Machida got completely manhandled by him last time but the fixed judges shafted him. Shogun's gonna whoop him again because Machida can't handle the pressure he brings. Everyone else kept range on Machida and paid for it. Shogun sees the straight left counters that Machida takes most people out on, absorbs it and completely destroys him with some absurd power and a tough chin.
red reloader B
cp direct mount

grey to black a-bomb intimidator clicky
techna scythe II
predator board
45/4500 air america
smoke halo b
black cp rail w/ on/off
dm4monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:44 AM   #10017
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

it was a close fight the first time, maybe the judges screwed shogun, but i dont think machida got manhandled. he looked more hurt, but i dont know that he actually was. he was getting worked the last 3 rounds but machida just always looks a little timid and shogun doesnt seem to show any pain. i think machida is gonna be prepared as if he were fighting a grizzly bear for chapter 2 rather than a man and he will be good to go.

should be a good fight, both are awesome fighters and both of them were classy about the decision last time. but i still say machida wins again.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:57 PM   #10018
Fireaznboy
Geass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm4monkey View Post
Yea, too bad Machida got completely manhandled by him last time but the fixed judges shafted him. Shogun's gonna whoop him again because Machida can't handle the pressure he brings. Everyone else kept range on Machida and paid for it. Shogun sees the straight left counters that Machida takes most people out on, absorbs it and completely destroys him with some absurd power and a tough chin.
this.

It's gonna be a great fight again. Unless machida wants to stay in his karate mentality and doesnt want to adjust to something different.

Keep in mind shogun injured machida's knee with his kicks. Machida hasn't been beaten, but he has been exposed.

Music=Fuel
Quote:
Its like Phone Booth

But without Colin Ferral

Or a Phone Booth.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #10019
Fireaznboy
Geass

Quote:
shogun wont beat machida. i dont think anyone is gonna knock him out standing, that karate stance is too goofy for people to handle. either gotta destroy his front knee or take him down without getting caught and be quick enough to submit him. lightheavyweight division is primarily filled with strikers and i think that helps machida. even guys with black or brown belts in bjj seem content to throw punches for 3 or 5 rounds in that division. not saying machida cant defend submissions, but i feel like people could handle him more on the ground.

and i just saw the plans for UFC 111, Mir vs Carwin for interim heavyweight championship AND GSP vs Hardy for welterweight championship, march 27th in jersey. id love to see that one live. mir seems to enjoy fighting dudes whos fists are the size of his head. feel like gsp will dominate hardy but hardy is one of the craziest brits ive seen, and he can definately turn lights out
GSP will do his LnP.

Music=Fuel
Quote:
Its like Phone Booth

But without Colin Ferral

Or a Phone Booth.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #10020
dm4monkey
insert witty comment here

I don't understand how anyone could have scored the Machida v Shogun fight anything less than 4-1 Shogun. I still think he won all 5 rounds.
red reloader B
cp direct mount

grey to black a-bomb intimidator clicky
techna scythe II
predator board
45/4500 air america
smoke halo b
black cp rail w/ on/off
dm4monkey is offline   Reply With Quote