pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 02-10-2010, 07:30 PM   #10421
f2f4

You know what's awesome? I can get that bike NEW for $8k.

I know, right? Freaking sweet.

Motorcycle: Better mileage than a hybrid, and 12x more fun.
Plus you can ride through traffic jams. Plus finding parking is a breeze. When you're just going to the beach with some stuff in a backpack, or seeing a friend, or carving a twisty road, a bike is all you need.
I never understood why I see all these SUVs on the freeway, with ONE person inside, stuck in rush hour downtown. Makes no sense. The one time a year I need a truck, I'll RENT one. For $40. The end. The rest of the time: a small car, motorcycle, and bicycle [yes, I love pedaling my road bike to the cafe for a bagel and latte] will do me just fine.

[After doing all kinds of photoshoots for sportbikes and covering AMA championship races with ESPN and SpeedTV, I love sportbikes. But why won't I buy one? Comfort, price, safety, and utility. They are great on the track, but in the real world... <3 Standards and Cafes. Plus classic bikes are HOT]

Just about any midrange motorbike will make most cars look like they're in reverse. That's enough for me. I don't need 200 MPH on the highway - over 100 is more than enough, haha.

My logic for getting a bike is this.
1) On my trips, My car is either completely loaded up with gear (SCUBA, mountain bikes, climbing gear, whatever), or EMPTY with just me in the driver's seat, driving 50-100 miles to see a friend or volunteer or go to NYC or whatever.

2) See #1 ^^^ On all those trips with just me and maybe a little bit of stuff, I can have way more fun, use less fuel, and get there in less time (traffic, speed, splitting lanes, etc) on the bike.

3) A green British cafe racer with a rider wearing a white scarf, rally helmet, and goggles is SEXY.
Or I'm biased. Prolly the latter.

TL;DR: America needs more motorcycles and less SUVs.

Well that was a nice rant.

Last edited by f2f4 : 02-10-2010 at 07:39 PM.
f2f4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #10422
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Send a message via AIM to speedy2k4
the only downside to motorcycles is that i probably would have died or been stuck on a hospital bed for a month 3 times, rather than having to replace 3 rear bumpers. im moving somewhere people suck less at driving before i go 2 wheeled.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:30 AM   #10423
f2f4

Yeah, I've been regaled with stories of stupid McSoccerMomExcursion drivers swerving into lanes while drinking a soda and talking on a cell phone.

The upside is that it gives one a perfect excuse to kick the side of those monstrosities before opening up, assuming they stop before impacting you.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:51 AM   #10424
trophyman582
Bаnned

Send a message via AIM to trophyman582 Send a message via MSN to trophyman582 Send a message via Yahoo to trophyman582
I'd actually love to see that, provided it wasn't my Jeep that they were kicking.
Lies. A more accurate assessment would be "half of the posters on this forum are at least functionally retarded."
Check out my MiniCity!
trophyman582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:04 AM   #10425
lotus_esprit5

Send a message via AIM to lotus_esprit5
Eff, you've got the right idea man. Motorcycle + compact car + bicycle (or at least the last two) is a trend more people need to get into. Small cars are so much more fun to drive, cheaper, more fuel efficient, safer, etc than SUV's.

Now that I live in the city I need to bring my bike down here, I'd ride it all the time. Most of the places I go to are within a mile and a half of my apartment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzng_spyderman View Post
<-- legend. like a mod, but without powers or motivation.
lotus_esprit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #10426
banderson
I get Jack - Legend

Send a message via AIM to banderson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Wayz View Post
I thought you were dating a 17 year old with a crazy ex bf?
Make that a 16 and you would be taking about Jason.

My GF has no crazies in her closet. And she is two years younger than me, 20.
Now that you mention it I do have an arm of steel, and the other one is kinda week, but shrug. I won't mind breaking in a virgin since I is a virgin too, we can suck in bed together and no one will know the difference.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #10427
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Location: Gainesville, Florida, HOME OF THE MIGHTY GATORS aka TITLETOWN,USA
Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2f4 View Post
LIEK OH MY GOOOOHD JESUS! OMG OMG I FEEL HIS JOY AND SPIRIT!

OH, also, saving up for this:

I totally helped you pick that out, and gave you the idea for a rally helmet, goggles and a scarf. Do i get credited wif dis? NOES.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."
Evil_Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #10428
banderson
I get Jack - Legend

I have been setting here doing homework, but see this... I am off to ride for awhile. Probably only last 30min since it is 20 outside.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #10429
FertileTurtle
mokal

i seriously think something in my head exploded. this is the most pain i've been in as long as i can remember. it's a constant pain, but every couple seconds it hits hard and about knocks me over. on the verge of tears, here.
FertileTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #10430
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by banderson View Post
I won't mind breaking in a virgin since I is a virgin too, we can suck in bed together and no one will know the difference.
Thursday, Ferbruary 11th, 2010 - 2:27pm EST

First time in interwebz history anyone has admitted this.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #10431
banderson
I get Jack - Legend

Haha I'm glad I could make history.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #10432
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

anarchy ot, making history on the daily.

and this just in: classes cancelled tomorrow. off all week ftw. actually had a dude in a bobcat plow our street too, so i dont have to drive down the road sideways anymore. and i hooked him up with a $10 starbucks giftcard that has been in my wallet since christmas so he wouldnt dump 8 feet of snow at the foot of my driveway. he put it on the neighbors instead

although i saw several crews on other roads actually loading the piles of snow into dump trucks and dumping it in the river or abandoned parking lots. too much for the side of the road, they were starting to bury stop signs and such. not to mention 6+ feet of snow covering all the sidewalks.\

and lolwtfbbq@1ftofsnowindallastexas. al gore's weather machine is malfunctioning!

edit- songs of the night:

The Strokes - 12:51
Arctic Monkeys - Fluorescent Adolescent

Last edited by speedy2k4 : 02-11-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #10433
spydadude
Bаnned

Send a message via AIM to spydadude
^Both of those are pretty sweet songs. I used to listen to bands like that all the time.

I've been getting into more techno/indie-type stuff anymore, so I've been listening to thehoodinternet.com's stuff. They're really good for mashups. I also listen to a lot more punk and less rap and metalcore than I have in the past. But, I'm going to a Fall Of Troy concert in a couple weeks. Score.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #10434
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

add one more song to that list

We Are Scientists - This Scene Is Dead

and ill probably be seeing muse and silversun pickups in march. they are supposed to be pretty good live
Old 02-11-2010, 06:10 PM   #10435
f2f4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Wayz View Post
I totally helped you pick that out, and gave you the idea for a rally helmet, goggles and a scarf. Do i get credited wif dis? NOES.
Sorry bout that, lemme make it up to you.

ATTN ALL: Goto Evil for motorbike advice. He'll hook you up.

- Sincerely, meatwad.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #10436
A-5best
Virtů

Send a message via AIM to A-5best
Anyone watch archer on FX? Its pretty funny, I quite enjoy it.

Been listening to a lot of music lately. Anyone heard of Tonedeff? Diggin his stuff. Check out TNT and Porcelain.
This one with the thin skinWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW_WWWWWWWWWWWOr a rational man?
Who should learn to laugh at himself
At himself
A-5best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #10437
Paintballrocks

Send a message via AIM to Paintballrocks Send a message via MSN to Paintballrocks
So.. I come to you guys with a question.

Should I go with an 05 or so Mustang GT or an 05 or so Nissan 350z? I say or so because im comparing prices to mileage. Those are the year ranges I am looking at tho.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #10438
FertileTurtle
mokal

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-5best View Post
Been listening to a lot of music lately. Anyone heard of Tonedeff? Diggin his stuff. Check out TNT and Porcelain.

at Porcelain.
FertileTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #10439
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballrocks View Post
So.. I come to you guys with a question.

Should I go with an 05 or so Mustang GT or an 05 or so Nissan 350z? I say or so because im comparing prices to mileage. Those are the year ranges I am looking at tho.
tough question to answer, two completely different style cars.

that being said, one of my friends has an 05 gt, ive driven it, and i didnt like it at all. has a good bit of power, but really didnt seem that quick off the line and handled poorly. then again im pretty picky with handling.

another friend was going to buy a 350z, test drove it and said he liked it a lot, but he decided it wasnt worth the price and insurance and bought a jetta gli. ive never driven one so im not sure.

if i had to choose between the two id pick the 350z. from what ive heard it handles smoother off the lot and i believe they both have right around 300hp. the only real advantage i see the mustang having is limitless aftermarket parts, but its not like its hard to get parts for a 350z. of course id buy a bmw or evo before either of those, but its your money.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:11 PM   #10440
Paintballrocks

Send a message via AIM to Paintballrocks Send a message via MSN to Paintballrocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
tough question to answer, two completely different style cars.

that being said, one of my friends has an 05 gt, ive driven it, and i didnt like it at all. has a good bit of power, but really didnt seem that quick off the line and handled poorly. then again im pretty picky with handling.

another friend was going to buy a 350z, test drove it and said he liked it a lot, but he decided it wasnt worth the price and insurance and bought a jetta gli. ive never driven one so im not sure.

if i had to choose between the two id pick the 350z. from what ive heard it handles smoother off the lot and i believe they both have right around 300hp. the only real advantage i see the mustang having is limitless aftermarket parts, but its not like its hard to get parts for a 350z. of course id buy a bmw or evo before either of those, but its your money.
Just two cars Ive always loved. Thats why Ive sorta decided Id like to get them.