pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 02-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #10441
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Send a message via AIM to speedy2k4
neither are bad cars by any means. just depends on what you want. test drive them if you havent, check what deals you can get and check to see how much each would cost to insure.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:07 PM   #10442
A-5best
Virtů

Send a message via AIM to A-5best
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
if i had to choose between the two id pick the 350z. from what ive heard it handles smoother off the lot and i believe they both have right around 300hp. the only real advantage i see the mustang having is limitless aftermarket parts, but its not like its hard to get parts for a 350z. of course id buy a bmw or evo before either of those, but its your money.
This. However be aware that the 350z isnt very mod friendly and if you want large whp gains your going to need to go FI which is $$.
This one with the thin skinWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW_WWWWWWWWWWWOr a rational man?
Who should learn to laugh at himself
At himself
A-5best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:53 AM   #10443
spydyrodeo
Neat Purple Title

Send a message via AIM to spydyrodeo Send a message via Yahoo to spydyrodeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FertileTurtle View Post
i seriously think something in my head exploded. this is the most pain i've been in as long as i can remember. it's a constant pain, but every couple seconds it hits hard and about knocks me over. on the verge of tears, here.
Migraine.

We're you seeing zig zaggy lines in your peripheral vision before this happened or currently while it was happening? Was your vision blurry at all? Are you sensitive to any light? I get them occasionally to and once it hits my day is OVER.

FAMILY, FAITH, FLAG, AND FIREARMS...THESE I'D DIE FOR.
XBL gamertag: MT tman186.
PSN: whitefang5412
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMongoose View Post
I have a 6th grade education but have alot of common sense.
spydyrodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:42 AM   #10444
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Location: Gainesville, Florida, HOME OF THE MIGHTY GATORS aka TITLETOWN,USA
Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballrocks View Post
So.. I come to you guys with a question.

Should I go with an 05 or so Mustang GT or an 05 or so Nissan 350z? I say or so because im comparing prices to mileage. Those are the year ranges I am looking at tho.
They're both *********e cars.

Wait.... aren't you the guy that was nailing his friends gf on the sly?

NVM.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."
Evil_Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #10445
spydadude
Bаnned

Send a message via AIM to spydadude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Wayz View Post
I actually agree. Mainly, the only type of people I know that drive either of these are total *********s. I only now one guy with a mustang that isn't a turd, and he's a real good friend.

Might I suggest something like a WRX? It's got a good amount of power and handles pretty well. It's also probably cheaper and you can put some good aftermarket parts into it...
Old 02-12-2010, 09:22 AM   #10446
FertileTurtle
mokal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydyrodeo View Post
Migraine.

We're you seeing zig zaggy lines in your peripheral vision before this happened or currently while it was happening? Was your vision blurry at all? Are you sensitive to any light? I get them occasionally to and once it hits my day is OVER.

Nope, no lines, no sensitivity, no blurriness. It actually went away a couple times last night. Woke me up at about one. Stood there in the middle of my room grimacing for about 20-30 minutes and it started to recede. Just got up for the day, hoping it's done for.
FertileTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:24 AM   #10447
FertileTurtle
mokal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballrocks View Post
So.. I come to you guys with a question.

Should I go with an 05 or so Mustang GT or an 05 or so Nissan 350z? I say or so because im comparing prices to mileage. Those are the year ranges I am looking at tho.
This
FertileTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:37 AM   #10448
Paintballrocks

Send a message via AIM to Paintballrocks Send a message via MSN to Paintballrocks
Quote:

Wait.... aren't you the guy that was nailing his friends gf on the sly?

NVM.
No. Thats def not me. Im not a turd, those are just two cars that Id really enjoy.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #10449
A-5best
Virtů

Maybe its cause Im sick but I cant even think of a cuss word that is *********e. *********s I imagine is a hygienic product used by woman?

I hate being sick, all cause some damn kid in my dorm decided to sleep in my bed. WTF who does that?

PBrocks Id take an evo or WRX before both of those but they are gonna be a bit more pricey generally and are kinda hard to find not beat on. Or you could get a BMW like me and be stuntin.
At himself
Old 02-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #10450
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-5best View Post
I cant even think of a cuss word that is *********e.

Id take an evo or WRX before both of those but they are hard to find not beat on.
^ those.

and i know 3 people who own mustangs, one is a blue '05 gt, another is a white '05, and one is a yellow '69 (?)

only one i would be seen driving is the classic, but then again it drives like a car that is 40 years old and smells like gasoline mixed with burnt hair.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #10451
banderson
I get Jack - Legend

Send a message via AIM to banderson
Only Mustang I would be caught dead driving would be a classic. This guy down the street has a red '65 soft top... Very sexy.
The new mustangs are just retarded, they might as well be ricers. Guess if you are nailing your best friends girl though it doesn't matter what kinda of car you drive
Old 02-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #10452
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

new challenger > new camaro > new mustang imo. of course they are priced in that same order.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #10453
Paintballrocks

Send a message via AIM to Paintballrocks Send a message via MSN to Paintballrocks
Meh. I dont see what the point is in some people raggin them. I could understand it if I was 16 years old and my parents were buying it for me, but Im actually buying it for myself and my parents are helping out on insurance because they want me to have something newer.

I cant find a decent WRX Sti in my price range with decent mileage and Im assuming when your say Evo youre talking Lancers right?
Old 02-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #10454
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

different cars collect different stereotypes, doesnt necessarily hold much truth. i drive a honda civic with full bolt on mods. however, i dont have flame decals all over the car, it doesnt have a giant wing that cost me more than the car itself, it doesnt sound like a lawnmower, i dont try to race everyone who pulls up next to me, and i am not of mexican descent.

i havent been impressed with new mustangs, id prefer a classic or even a fox body (ugly, but ive seen some sick 5.0 builds) but thats just my personal opinion. and like i said i havent actually driven a 350z so all i know is what ive read or been told. ultimately you should spend your money on what you want and can afford, not what someone online or in a magazine review tells you to. just be sure to give it an agressive test drive (make the salesman as nervous as possibly without breaking any laws) and compare it to others before you sign the papers.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #10455
A-5best
Virtů

If youre looking to buy new, the mustang is coming out with pretty substantial gains in HP this year I think...

If you just want cheap and fast(in a straight line) build up a 5.0 or swap a civic.
At himself
Old 02-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #10456
Paintballrocks

Well see this is my thinking about it. They are both going to go plenty fast for what I would need to be doing legally anyhow. I dont plan on sinking a ton of money into either of the cars. Im leaning towards the Z because it is only a 2 seater and that appeals to me because I dont wanna be the "ride". Before I totalled my car last march I was everyones ride and thats just not gonna fly after theyve neglected to be as courteous to me. Secondly I wanna read some more reviews but I believe it handles better than the GT. Not to mention they arent as common around here as the Mustang. Fortunately I have a friend whose grandparents own a GT and another "friend" who owns a Z. I plan on driving both of those and test driving before I buy obviously.

Ive gotta come up with five hundred dollars before I buy anything tho. Im wanting to make a one thousand dollar down payment on whatever I buy.

Edit: and speedy I understand completely. As long as it doesnt sound like a pissed off bumblebee all the way. lol. Im just looking for something that will be "nice" as soon as I get it. Id love to do a few things to it but Ive got a social life to attend to so yano. Thats some more of my thinking behind it.

Last edited by Paintballrocks : 02-12-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Paintballrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:52 PM   #10457
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

yeah, you can only go so fast without incurring an excess of speeding tickets. not to mention around here they can cuff you for going 20mph over the limit. kind of why i focus more on cars that handle well rather than power, although having good pickup for ramps and passing lanes is always fun.

one other thing that just popped into my mind was interior, and i believe the 350z surpasses the mustang in that category. dunno why i didnt think of that sooner since its one of my favorite things about my car.

and i know what you mean about having to drive other people around, civic coupe doesnt have a lot of room in the back but my car has the best sound system of any of my friends cars. i generally dont mind as long as i am compensated for gas, and seeing as how i get ~35+ mpg its another reason people want me to drive. but mostly it gets irritating when people expect me to drive home when we go out drinking. i dont **** around drinking and driving, and only a few of my friends can drive stick well enough to take my car home.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #10458
lotus_esprit5

Send a message via AIM to lotus_esprit5
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
only a few of my friends can drive stick well enough to take my car home.
This is why I rarely have to take my car when a bunch of us go out If I have too much to drink then we're stranded because most of my friends can't drive stick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzng_spyderman View Post
<-- legend. like a mod, but without powers or motivation.
lotus_esprit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #10459
banderson
I get Jack - Legend

Send a message via AIM to banderson
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_esprit5 View Post
...most of my friends can't drive my stick.
I could drive your stick, babe... All night long
Old 02-13-2010, 10:35 AM   #10460
Headhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by banderson View Post
I could drive your stick, babe... All night long
Eeww?
Recreational Paintball Player with a Professional Attitude POG#854

Quote:
Originally Posted by llSmithll
i live in missouri....our dog sled teams are not that competitive....
Quote:
I know this is a forum, but do you plan on doing any research yourself or are you planning on having all of us spoonfeed it to you?
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote