pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 03-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #10821
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Send a message via AIM to speedy2k4
Healthcare is going to go downhill just as fast as education. In my time in high school, I saw first hand the best teachers quit because they didn't want to deal with the politics and the system being forced on them. Doctors will do the exact same thing.

I also see education and healthcare tax money wasted every single day on people who could pay for themselves, but choose not to. Why spend money on stuff you need, when you can buiy a big screen TV and have the government pay for the necessities? My "middle class" parents have worked two full time jobs to support me and pay their taxes, yet we live with less material posessions than people I know who don't work and recieve government support.

It frustrates me that it is my generation that put Obama in office. The 18-25 group which normally represents a small portion of votes all went out to vote for Obama. Voting is one of the greatest things about this country, but the fact is that most of the people who don't normally vote, really don't know anything about politics. So people voted for Obama without understanding his intentions, or were naive enough to think that he could solve all the country's problems without raising taxes or increasing the deficit (which any intelligent person would know is impossible.)

I normally don't get involved in politics either, but I'm working hard to get my degree, so I can get a good paying job. And because of that, I will be paying out of MY pocket for things that I don't want. And it's not just me, it is the MAJORITY of the country. I feel offended that Obama is able to pass a bill that the majority of the country opposes, because to me that says "We don't think you are responsible or intelligent enough to make your own choices in life, therefor the government will make them for you."
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:28 PM   #10822
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Double post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabango$ View Post
I'm moving to Jackson Wyoming to work at Jackson Hole Ski resort
Snake river guide out of Jackson Hole > ski resort.

Although I don't know if I would want to live there. Beautiful place, but the average IQ of tourists at Jackson Hole is about 4. And they outnumber you a million to one.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #10823
spydadude
Bаnned

Send a message via AIM to spydadude
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbAllWiZZ View Post
Eh, the president doesnt matter. Its all run by the military head honchos. Obama is just the PR and the fall guy. Either way, we've already been infiltrated by the reptilians so were doomed no matter what..:maybe:
If that was a V reference, then awesome. I know a kid on that show. We went to middle and high school together.

This whole thing just makes me more apathetic towards politics. Nobody knows how it's gonna work out, and now we just have to sit and watch while everyone bickers.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #10824
wabango$
*sigh*

Send a message via AIM to wabango$ Send a message via MSN to wabango$
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
Double post:

Snake river guide out of Jackson Hole > ski resort.

Although I don't know if I would want to live there. Beautiful place, but the average IQ of tourists at Jackson Hole is about 4. And they outnumber you a million to one.
Another man's hell is another man's heaven I guess, or vice versa. I got on lucky in my opinion, You wouldn't expect how many people are trying to get the same job. I was going for Sun Valley, Idaho but Idaho seems to boring even though I consider Sun Valley one of the most beautiful ski resorts in America. Cool thing about tourists is they're always different . I was once a tourist to Jackson Hole myself, back when my IQ was 4.

wabango$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:11 PM   #10825
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Quote:
Cool thing about tourists is they're always different .
It seems that way for the first week or two. I don't think I could deal with it for very long.

I would like to get a summer job at Deep Creek lake, but DCL isn't close to the level of tourists in Jackson Hole. Plus, way more babes in bikinis at DCL.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #10826
wabango$
*sigh*

Quote:
It seems that way for the first week or two. I don't think I could deal with it for very long.

I would like to get a summer job at Deep Creek lake, but DCL isn't close to the level of tourists in Jackson Hole. Plus, way more babes in bikinis at DCL.
I think to it like being a ref at a field, or this website for that matter, keep answering the same questions everyday and I'll have it made. A lot of places are nice but getting the job you want at that certain place is next to impossible, I didn't want Jackson Hole but I'm not complaining, it gets me out of Missouri.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:24 PM   #10827
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Actually, comparing it to a paintball ref is pretty good. But I lost a lot of faith in the human species in the time I spent reffing. One big /facepalm.

Obviously, any job is nice if it means living where you want to live. I just think there are nicer places out there than Jackson Hole.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #10828
spydadude
Bаnned

You lose a lot more faith in humanity working at a movie theater. Trust me.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #10829
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3335819

I'm actually in shock about some of the offers people have pm'd me. Not only can they not read, but people think PMR = Ego8 in value. And think I will ship first to someone with 3/1/1 feedback.

And of course all the people who post decent offers only log on once a week/don't reply to pm's.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #10830
Fireaznboy
Geass

Send a message via AIM to Fireaznboy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOAcRKZxjy4

:[

Music=Fuel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedthephish View Post
Its like Phone Booth

But without Colin Ferral

Or a Phone Booth.
Fireaznboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:15 AM   #10831
trophyman582
Bаnned

Send a message via AIM to trophyman582 Send a message via MSN to trophyman582 Send a message via Yahoo to trophyman582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireaznboy View Post
Not gonna lie, that brought me to tears. I've lost two dogs and those are some of the only times that I've broken down and actually cried.
Lies. A more accurate assessment would be "half of the posters on this forum are at least functionally retarded."
Check out my MiniCity!
trophyman582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:30 AM   #10832
wabango$
*sigh*

Quote:
Actually, comparing it to a paintball ref is pretty good. But I lost a lot of faith in the human species in the time I spent reffing. One big /facepalm.
This will sound nerdy but don't care, I feel like a Jedi who has went through countless/pointless virtues in my years of being a Ref to help the better of n00bs. I'll never do it again though, it's a crap job for teenagers and border line slavery and to be honest I think it's what truly burnt me out on Paintball or driving all day looking for a whack tournament.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #10833
PbAllWiZZ
I'm pretty Rank

Send a message via AIM to PbAllWiZZ
Paintball just got lame. Im happy I played and quit when I did. Nothing new really seems to come about anymore. I just started skating instead. So much cheaper, so much easier to do (as far as places and times to do it), and its plain fun. So simple too. No need for hundreds of pieces of gear.
WAR AGINST RAP!!!
My OldTeam,The Ratpack Homepage
EC Productions [b]
NE PBR Day
PUNK FOR LIFE
PbAllWiZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #10834
Fireaznboy
Geass

Send a message via AIM to Fireaznboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbAllWiZZ View Post
Paintball just got lame. Im happy I played and quit when I did. Nothing new really seems to come about anymore. I just started skating instead. So much cheaper, so much easier to do (as far as places and times to do it), and its plain fun. So simple too. No need for hundreds of pieces of gear.
yeah 30 dollar blanks that last 2 months > 60dollar cases of paint for a day.

Music=Fuel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedthephish View Post
Its like Phone Booth

But without Colin Ferral

Or a Phone Booth.
Fireaznboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:12 PM   #10835
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

I haven't paid over $30 for a case of paint since '05 and usually get it for free, probably the only reason I still play. And I always though driving for hours at 5am trying to find some whack tournament was one of the best parts. But yeah, definately easy to get burned out, and I don't play nearly as much as I used to.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:55 PM   #10836
paintballjames
Umbram Fugat Veritas

Send a message via AIM to paintballjames
how do you get paint for free?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FertileTurtle
I just came.

EDIT:back inside.

paintballjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #10837
thepeashooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballjames View Post
how do you get paint for free?
giving hand shandys doesnt count as free.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:15 PM   #10838
lotus_esprit5

Send a message via AIM to lotus_esprit5
Quote:
I'll never do it again though, it's a crap job for teenagers and border line slavery and to be honest I think it's what truly burnt me out on Paintball or driving all day looking for a whack tournament.
I did it for awhile and it was great. Got paid $8 an hour, hung out all day at a place I loved hanging out at (paintball shop/field) with lots of people I got along well with, got tons of discounts, had a cool boss, made my own work schedule, and didn't have to work during the week.

But the employment situation at that field was much better than at some other fields, where they don't pay as well or only pay in paint. It was long hours too and not as fun when the weather was bad, but I didn't even mind that too much. We just made fires when it was cold out. And working 11 hours in a day wasn't too bad because it meant I could make $88 in a day, pretty good for a teenager, especially since minimum wage in Georgia was $5.15 at the time.

And I reffed for some celebrities, so that was cool too. Anyone heard of Story of the Year and Lil Bowow? I actually mentioned that experience when I had an employment interview for a law clerk position recently. Who'd expect paintball to help my legal career?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzng_spyderman View Post
<-- legend. like a mod, but without powers or motivation.

Last edited by lotus_esprit5 : 03-25-2010 at 04:27 PM.
lotus_esprit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:15 PM   #10839
spydadude
Bаnned

Haha, Story of the Year came through? That's awesome.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #10840
FertileTurtle
mokal

Anybody watching the Xavier K-State game? Just went into OT about a minute ago. freaking awesome game.
FertileTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote