pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 03-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #10841
PbAllWiZZ
I'm pretty Rank

Send a message via AIM to PbAllWiZZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireaznboy View Post
yeah 30 dollar blanks that last 2 months > 60dollar cases of paint for a day.
Exactly. But shoes are really what drain my money. Ive been kinda hit for cash lately, and these Vans TNT II's are practically melting off my feet.
WAR AGINST RAP!!!
My OldTeam,The Ratpack Homepage
EC Productions [b]
NE PBR Day
PUNK FOR LIFE
PbAllWiZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:16 AM   #10842
Fireaznboy
Geass

Send a message via AIM to Fireaznboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbAllWiZZ View Post
Exactly. But shoes are really what drain my money. Ive been kinda hit for cash lately, and these Vans TNT II's are practically melting off my feet.
Shoes. Yep, haha costly, but if you know what you like, and know how to skate em you can make em last for a lifetime.

I had my Es's last me forever before i picked up a new pair. Learning new stuff is what kills the shoes :[. I destroyed my shoes when i was trying to learn all flip tricks.

EDIT: If you have "Industrial" over there, find warehouse sales zomg cheap stuff, even if it is a season or two old. Got SB's for like 35 though some tag swapping was done for a few *blush*

Music=Fuel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedthephish View Post
Its like Phone Booth

But without Colin Ferral

Or a Phone Booth.
Fireaznboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:31 AM   #10843
spydadude
Bаnned

Send a message via AIM to spydadude
Kohls sells some Nikes that are 6.0's but not branded with 6.0. They're really cheap.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:51 PM   #10844
inuyasharox4776
It's the E talking.

Send a message via AIM to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via MSN to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via Yahoo to inuyasharox4776
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_esprit5 View Post
I did it for awhile and it was great. Got paid $8 an hour, hung out all day at a place I loved hanging out at (paintball shop/field) with lots of people I got along well with, got tons of discounts, had a cool boss, made my own work schedule, and didn't have to work during the week.

But the employment situation at that field was much better than at some other fields, where they don't pay as well or only pay in paint. It was long hours too and not as fun when the weather was bad, but I didn't even mind that too much. We just made fires when it was cold out. And working 11 hours in a day wasn't too bad because it meant I could make $88 in a day, pretty good for a teenager, especially since minimum wage in Georgia was $5.15 at the time.

And I reffed for some celebrities, so that was cool too. Anyone heard of Story of the Year and Lil Bowow? I actually mentioned that experience when I had an employment interview for a law clerk position recently. Who'd expect paintball to help my legal career?
5.15/hr? Holy crap, and I though 8.00$ was bad here in CA.
inuyasharox4776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #10845
trophyman582
Bаnned

Send a message via AIM to trophyman582 Send a message via MSN to trophyman582 Send a message via Yahoo to trophyman582
I made $6.50 an hour for 4 years working at the same place. They just raised minimum wage last year here.
Lies. A more accurate assessment would be "half of the posters on this forum are at least functionally retarded."
Check out my MiniCity!
trophyman582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:21 PM   #10846
OWNAGE
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasharox4776 View Post
5.15/hr? Holy crap, and I though 8.00$ was bad here in CA.
Cost of living is a lot higher in CA than GA.

www.APD-Direct.com - Arizona's only authorized dealer for the DLX Luxe
Fort Adobe Paintball Complex - Play on Turf

Green/Purple CCM Series 6 Pump + Gear Stolen!
OWNAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:21 AM   #10847
lotus_esprit5

Send a message via AIM to lotus_esprit5
Yeah it was $5.15 for ages, it was utter crap. I got paid $5.50 an hour at my first job.

Since then they've raised minimum wage to like $7.15 or $7.50 or whatever it is now, and it was about freaking time. I mean, the fact that it went up by 2 dollars just goes to show that they ignored it and kept it too low for WAY too long.

I know California is a more expensive place to live than Georgia, but $5.15 flat out sucks no matter where you live. Working an 8 hour day for $40 is retarded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzng_spyderman View Post
<-- legend. like a mod, but without powers or motivation.
lotus_esprit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #10848
inuyasharox4776
It's the E talking.

Send a message via AIM to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via MSN to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via Yahoo to inuyasharox4776
Scary ****.

I lifted my car on a Craftsman jack I just bought yesterday to change my oil. I lifted it up on the correct jack point, put the car on jack stands. I was going into my garage to get the oil, and then I go to my car. Right as I am about to go underneath my car, my bimmer begins to shift and it falls off both the jacks and lift. I pull the lift from underneath my car and it was totally bent, I couldnt even relieve the pressure off of it and one of the jack stands got pinned underneath my car and left a nice hole on the bottom. Luckily another neighbor had a lift so I could pull out the jack stand. If I had another 15 seconds to get underneath the car I would've been dead.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #10849
paintballjames
Umbram Fugat Veritas

Send a message via AIM to paintballjames
Step 2: get a settlement from the jack company for making faulty/potentially life threatening ****?

Glad your ok though. I've luckily never had that happen before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FertileTurtle
I just came.

EDIT:back inside.

paintballjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:41 PM   #10850
inuyasharox4776
It's the E talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballjames View Post
Step 2: get a settlement from the jack company for making faulty/potentially life threatening ****?

Glad your ok though. I've luckily never had that happen before.
I don't want to go through the trouble. I'm ok with the 90$ refund I got. There are no exchanges for being dead. Unless your a zombie, of course.

Anyways, my car is ****ed beyond belief. My engine now sounds like a diesel truck, and its not because of the faulty lift. I'm beginning to look into selling it for parts or something, because pretty soon I doubt it will be drivable.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 AM   #10851
paintballjames
Umbram Fugat Veritas

Send a message via AIM to paintballjames
Didn't you just get a new car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FertileTurtle
I just came.

EDIT:back inside.

paintballjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:43 AM   #10852
spydadude
Bаnned

I don't think so.

I ended up not getting that bimmer. He decided he wanted a lot more for it in the end. So lame.

So I didn't party last night. Ended up chilling and watching Hurt Locker with some friends. This guy invites over this girl that's been digging him, because she didn't wanna be all alone, and he figured he could pawn her off on one of his friends, because he's got a girlfriend. He tells us she's a five. She's at least a 7, and it's rare that I even rate women. So she's talking to us, and she's like "Oh man, this looks like that level from, uh, Modern Warfare 2." So now her and I are talking games for some reason, and I haven't played MW2 in a few months. So she's about to leave, and throws a big stink about how she has to walk across campus to get back. I offer to take her back, just because I live near her. So we're on the way back, and just chatting about school, when she goes, "So, Jay, how good of friends are you and Jesus?" She wanted me to find God, and started getting Evangelical on me, even though I told her I came from a christian upbringing and I'm just agnostic right now. So after this, I walk back to my friend's place, where they're watching Bruno. I was like, "Did you know she was an evangelical?" Apparently, they all knew. Jesus Christ.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #10853
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Send a message via AIM to speedy2k4
Women cause more deaths per year than car crashes, heart disease and IED's combined.

That will be all.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #10854
wabango$
*sigh*

Send a message via AIM to wabango$ Send a message via MSN to wabango$
Kansas State lost, which means the planet will blow up in 2012. Absolute B/S!

OH YEAH, add me on xbox live, I won't be on here much anymore after the move I don't think. Xbox live gammertag; WeedMountain

As spelled, but the letters have to be bold and red.

Last edited by wabango$ : 03-28-2010 at 06:18 PM.
wabango$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #10855
ems
Body bagged

KANSAS LOST? (MY tv DIED two weeks ago)

well the world most likely will blow up so...

wabago what games you play? i may add you.
ems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #10856
wabango$
*sigh*

Send a message via AIM to wabango$ Send a message via MSN to wabango$
Quote:
Originally Posted by ems View Post
KANSAS LOST? (MY tv DIED two weeks ago)

well the world most likely will blow up so...

wabango$ what games you play? i may add you.

Yeah man it was a **** decision and poor playing on Kansas' part, but Butler ran over Syracuse as well.

I got Bad Company 2, Halo2/3, and not much else lol. Sold all my games for money, now I'm trying to build my collection back up, any suggestions?

wabango$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:18 AM   #10857
lotus_esprit5

Send a message via AIM to lotus_esprit5
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydadude View Post
So we're on the way back, and just chatting about school, when she goes, "So, Jay, how good of friends are you and Jesus?"
lawl this kind of thing doesn't happen to me very much anymore, I think just because the people I hang out with don't tend to attract a lot of uber christians to the group so I'm never really around any.

But a week or two ago some girl I randomly met through a temp job I was doing tried inviting me to her bible study at GSU since that's where I'm going to law school. To be fair she was really nice about it and not as in-your-face as other people can be, but still too persistent for my liking. When I say "no" because it's "not my thing" that's my polite way of saying the conversation is over, it doesn't mean you should keep prodding me about how it's all really "relaxed," "nondenominational," and how I may "learn something." It does mean that if I want to learn more it will be on my own prerogative and from a CREDIBLE ACADEMIC SOURCE, not a bunch of well-intentioned crackpots who are waiting with baited breath for the day a jewish zombie comes to wisk them away to never-never land. Somehow that sort of thinking tends to destroy a person's credibility.

Ok I was nicer about it than that but when she started pressing me I think she got a little more than she bargained for. Then we had a very nice conversation about fitness, I wrote down some tips to help her put together a good fat-loss plan, and sent her on her way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzng_spyderman View Post
<-- legend. like a mod, but without powers or motivation.

Last edited by lotus_esprit5 : 03-29-2010 at 09:20 AM.
lotus_esprit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #10858
spydadude
Bаnned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_esprit5 View Post
lawl this kind of thing doesn't happen to me very much anymore, I think just because the people I hang out with don't tend to attract a lot of uber christians to the group so I'm never really around any.
The group I hang out with is the same, she just got called over by a mutual friend. I've never had an issue with religion. I've just never enjoyed getting prodded by someone who wants me to make a decision right on the spot.

Also, last night, I ended up going to a drag show with a bunch of friends. The girl from the previous story suddenly got sick at the last minute when she found out what we were going to see...
Old 03-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #10859
dm4monkey
insert witty comment here

Bahaha, just went to a drill competition at Villanova and beat the Naval Academy at Platoon trick drill.
red reloader B
cp direct mount

grey to black a-bomb intimidator clicky
techna scythe II
predator board
45/4500 air america
smoke halo b
black cp rail w/ on/off
dm4monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #10860
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Location: Gainesville, Florida, HOME OF THE MIGHTY GATORS aka TITLETOWN,USA
Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
This just in, my bike has to be completely rewired, and is leaking oil from the scavenger pump. Rear brake line/piston has air in it that won't bleed out, and as i mentioned, doesn't trigger any sort of light when depressed. Also, the mechanic didn't bother to check the size of the nuts he put on the lugs of my three hundred dollar custom seat, and didn't bother to put lock washers on either, so the lugs are now galled and have to be re threaded. As an added bonus, he also locked the front nose bar completely down, so instead of pivoting when it hits bumps, it bent the metal back and forth. if that sum***** wasn't out of the country I'd kill him.

ANGRY!!!!!!!!!
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."
Evil_Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote