pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 05-09-2008, 02:01 PM   #1121
Samrog777

I'd really like to buy some nice headphones, but I can't afford them to tell you the truth. The other problem is my need to use earbuds... I ALWAYS have my ipod in my pocket, just for convenience's sake, and I can't exactly fit real headphones in there.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #1122
Fireaznboy
Geass

Send a message via AIM to Fireaznboy
<3 my cheapo koss earbuds. Just as good as the 50$ sony's at walmart.

Music=Fuel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedthephish View Post
Its like Phone Booth

But without Colin Ferral

Or a Phone Booth.
Fireaznboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #1123
Zaunji
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Zaunji
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimAssasin View Post
my ears are fine listening to the $20 head phones i got at the airport.
I'm happy with the headphones that I got with my walkman 4 years ago.

I got to do track today at school, and I got 5th place in 1500m. Which is good for me.
Zaunji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:52 PM   #1124
PbAllWiZZ
I'm pretty Rank

Send a message via AIM to PbAllWiZZ
I got woken up at 7 AM by the kid who does our lawn. Honestly. Whats that all about? I had another five hours of sleep ahead of me, and he goes and wakes me up.

Sentry turret will happen.
WAR AGINST RAP!!!
My OldTeam,The Ratpack Homepage
EC Productions [b]
NE PBR Day
PUNK FOR LIFE
PbAllWiZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #1125
paintballjames
Umbram Fugat Veritas

Send a message via AIM to paintballjames
We just won our game 13-2. I had a great game.

Whats AOT doing tonight?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FertileTurtle
I just came.

EDIT:back inside.

paintballjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #1126
Zaunji
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Zaunji
I have no money, my xbox headset is broken and my friends live far away.
So I'll just jam out on my guitar.

Tim Hortons better call back about my job.
Zaunji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #1127
GranDream
This is the Final Cut

Send a message via AIM to GranDream
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbAllWiZZ View Post
I got woken up at 7 AM by the kid who does our lawn. Honestly. Whats that all about? I had another five hours of sleep ahead of me, and he goes and wakes me up.

Sentry turret will happen.
Yeah, I had to wake up at 6. Normally work has me come in at like 4 in the afternoon, but today they decided it would be funny to schedule me to open the store.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #1128
kjpmkjp
Audiophool-In-Training

Send a message via MSN to kjpmkjp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrog777 View Post
I'd really like to buy some nice headphones, but I can't afford them to tell you the truth. The other problem is my need to use earbuds... I ALWAYS have my ipod in my pocket, just for convenience's sake, and I can't exactly fit real headphones in there.
Buy IEMs. Etymotic, Shure, Denon, Jays, Audio-Technica, Sony, Sennheiser, Ultimate Ears, Westone, and more. They all make very good quality In-Ear-Monitors, and they'll fit in your pocket with no problem. Though keep in mind that wrapping the cord around the iPod/DAP will significantly reduce it's (the headphones) lifespan.

As for price, it all depends on how much you're willing to drop, and what you call affordable. I'm sure most people aren't interested in paying $300+ for IEMs, but some are. From the companies I listed, some make models as low as $40 (cheaper if you buy used, obviously).

Qucikie Pics of the DJ1-Pro's, and the MB Quart QP 70:

Sorry for the crappy quality, I just snapped them off. My friend wanted to see them, and wasn't planning on waiting <_<

Last edited by kjpmkjp : 05-09-2008 at 07:05 PM.
kjpmkjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:42 PM   #1129
inuyasharox4776
It's the E talking.

Send a message via AIM to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via MSN to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via Yahoo to inuyasharox4776
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjpmkjp View Post
Though keep in mind that wrapping the cord around the iPod/DAP will significantly reduce it's (the headphones) lifespan.
ugh that sucks. I dont have the time to always wrap/unwrap my shures from its case so i just wrap it around my ipod.
edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARj-sWYQs4Y Good stuff.

Last edited by inuyasharox4776 : 05-09-2008 at 08:40 PM.
inuyasharox4776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:38 PM   #1130
soccerjacks12
My Killer Puppy ate Santa

I have two pairs of ipod earbuds that I use when I ride my bike/run/snowboard or if convenient storage is needed. Otherwise I have some really nice Sennheisers I got for Christmas that I use for travel.
Anarchy OG Midwest Posse OG
soccerjacks12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:47 PM   #1131
trophyman582
Bаnned

Send a message via AIM to trophyman582 Send a message via MSN to trophyman582 Send a message via Yahoo to trophyman582
I can't listen to music when I'm snowboarding for some reason. I love to be completely focused on what I'm into, and of course I love the sound of the snow whipping past you at what seems like 100mph.
Lies. A more accurate assessment would be "half of the posters on this forum are at least functionally retarded."
Check out my MiniCity!
trophyman582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:13 PM   #1132
kjpmkjp
Audiophool-In-Training

That's one thing I'm lacking; good 'phones/IEMs for sports, exercise and whatnot. I'm thinking I might pick up either the Sennheiser CX300 or the Denon Hybrid (can't remember the model #). Both are in the sub-$75 range, and apparently sound very good. Though I want to splurge a little and just get the Etymotic ER-6i, which is what I'll probably end up doing.

That, or buy the AKG K81DJ, since they're smallish, and have hella clamping force, so they should stay on my head.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:23 PM   #1133
inuyasharox4776
It's the E talking.

Send a message via AIM to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via MSN to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via Yahoo to inuyasharox4776
Quote:
Originally Posted by trophyman582 View Post
I can't listen to music when I'm snowboarding for some reason. I love to be completely focused on what I'm into, and of course I love the sound of the snow whipping past you at what seems like 100mph.
I personally feel its irresponsible to listen to music while boarding. For example, its pretty irresponsible if you cant hear ski patrol blowing their whistles while theyre taking someone in dire need of attention.
edit:
lawl. I just thought how horrible it would be if you were to send a dog or something through the mail to someone and the post office lostit.

Last edited by inuyasharox4776 : 05-09-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:43 AM   #1134
spydadude
Bаnned

Send a message via AIM to spydadude
I have some Skullcandy buds that I use on the regular for school, running, hoopin', etc. But I used to have some good studio headphones that came with my bass. They snapped one night, and now I can't use them.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:09 AM   #1135
Awhislyle
I hold the conch!

Send a message via ICQ to Awhislyle Send a message via AIM to Awhislyle Send a message via MSN to Awhislyle Send a message via Yahoo to Awhislyle Send a message via Skype™ to Awhislyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydadude View Post
I have some Skullcandy buds
I came into this part of the thread and just saw people talking about different kind of buds they have, I was like, "theres gonna be some bannings tonight"
Old 05-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #1136
FertileTurtle
mokal

Speaking of skulls.

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddly...lyE noughNews
FertileTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:58 AM   #1137
soccerjacks12

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophyman582 View Post
I only listen to music when I'm riding the park. Riding park is so reptitive and it helps to have the music to listen to for a nice flow. When I'm riding out West or big mountain stuff I never listen to it. I prefer just to be in the moment out there because it's so much fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasharox4776 View Post
I personally feel its irresponsible to listen to music while boarding. For example, its pretty irresponsible if you cant hear ski patrol blowing their whistles while theyre taking someone in dire need of attention.
edit:
lawl. I just thought how horrible it would be if you were to send a dog or something through the mail to someone and the post office lostit.
Eh, I really don't listen to music that loudly. I've never even heard ski patrol blow a whistle Music doesn't distract me while riding too much because it's not that loud and I understand I have to be aware of my surroundings while riding. Plus, I know I'm a really good snowboarder so I know I'm always in control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydadude View Post
I have some Skullcandy buds that I use on the regular for school, running, hoopin', etc. But I used to have some good studio headphones that came with my bass. They snapped one night, and now I can't use them.
I have the Skullcandy Icons. Really cheap and work really well for headphones since I don't like buds that much.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:10 PM   #1138
inuyasharox4776
It's the E talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerjacks12 View Post
Eh, I really don't listen to music that loudly. I've never even heard ski patrol blow a whistle Music doesn't distract me while riding too much because it's not that loud and I understand I have to be aware of my surroundings while riding. Plus, I know I'm a really good snowboarder so I know I'm always in control..
the ski patrol at my local mountain and at mammoth used whistles in high traffic areas and areas where they cant get by. I could almost guarantee your ski patrol has whistles too.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:48 PM   #1139
soccerjacks12

Probably. I've never heard them blow any though.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:51 PM   #1140
kjpmkjp
Audiophool-In-Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by FertileTurtle View Post
Holy crap, not another one of those...