pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 09-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #11381
FertileTurtle
mokal

So i got to work today, and a lady came in and said she spilled two gallons of paint in the back of her '09 Buick Enclave. This is what I spent nine hours cleaning today, and will have to but it all back together tomorrow and clean some more.

between the rear seat and center seat, beneath the carpet:

under the center seat:

with all the seats and carpet removed:

somehow, i didn't even hate my life while cleaning this.
FertileTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #11382
spydyrodeo
Neat Purple Title

Send a message via AIM to spydyrodeo Send a message via Yahoo to spydyrodeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
Plastic + matte > wood + blue for sneakyness factor.
AAA fiddleback maple or claro walnut and hot blue polished up to 1000 grit > matte and plastic. End of story.

FAMILY, FAITH, FLAG, AND FIREARMS...THESE I'D DIE FOR.
XBL gamertag: MT tman186.
PSN: whitefang5412
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMongoose View Post
I have a 6th grade education but have alot of common sense.
spydyrodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #11383
ems
Body bagged

oh.... dang, well you have more patience in life then i do... and did you have any paint thinner?

which the beautiful thing about paint thinner is if you are cleaning up spills like this you can get off better, but if you become angered you can simply get rid of the problem with a flick of a BIC...(may lead to more problems)
ems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #11384
FertileTurtle
mokal

i didn't need paint thinner, that would have been a waste of money. and lighting fires inside of vehicles is usually frowned upon in this line of work.

Last edited by FertileTurtle : 09-01-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #11385
banderson
I get Jack - Legend

Send a message via AIM to banderson
I'm actually kinda curious how you cleaned that up. Never spilled paint onto carpet before, but I can imagine it doesn't want to come out very easily.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:06 AM   #11386
FertileTurtle
mokal

well i started with tearing out the whole interior. all the carpet i just powerwashed, only to find out that it's going to be replaced. had to powerwash a couple of the seat covers. the paint on the floor came off with hot water and a brush.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:00 AM   #11387
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Send a message via AIM to speedy2k4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FertileTurtle View Post
So i got to work today, and a lady came in and said she spilled two gallons of paint in the back of her '09 Buick Enclave.
My response probably would have been "I hope you like the new color."

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydyrodeo View Post
AAA fiddleback maple or claro walnut and hot blue polished up to 1000 grit > matte and plastic. End of story.
To be honest, I'm scared to use any rifle with a real nice finish. Don't shoot the 336 much anymore, and swapped out the walnut stock from my grandfather's 700 varmint for one of the cheap sps stocks so I don't have to worry about scratching it up. And matte finish isn't as likely to rust if you don't keep it oiled. Maybe not as pretty, but more practical.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #11388
spydyrodeo
Neat Purple Title

Send a message via AIM to spydyrodeo Send a message via Yahoo to spydyrodeo
Quote:

To be honest, I'm scared to use any rifle with a real nice finish. Don't shoot the 336 much anymore, and swapped out the walnut stock from my grandfather's 700 varmint for one of the cheap sps stocks so I don't have to worry about scratching it up. And matte finish isn't as likely to rust if you don't keep it oiled. Maybe not as pretty, but more practical.
Ah high polished blue finish will not rust either if maintained correct. It's the crappy in-between finishes that will rust, but a matte finish has to be done right as well. Sanding with a rough grit to get a matte finish will work, but it won't be a high qaulity job. Scared to use a rifle with a real nice finish? Who cares. Touch it up, or be careful. One of the prettiest rifles I have that I built is all dinged up from hunting; still looks pretty if you ask me.

EDIT: There is also no reason to stop using the 336. Marlin 336's don't come with walnut that is more than desired for, for a reason. They're a utility rifle meant to be used. Mine has dings on it, worn blueing in spots and everything else.

FAMILY, FAITH, FLAG, AND FIREARMS...THESE I'D DIE FOR.
XBL gamertag: MT tman186.
PSN: whitefang5412
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMongoose View Post
I have a 6th grade education but have alot of common sense.
spydyrodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #11389
FertileTurtle
mokal

Quote:
thought about it. many times.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #11390
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydyrodeo View Post
EDIT: There is also no reason to stop using the 336. Marlin 336's don't come with walnut that is more than desired for, for a reason. They're a utility rifle meant to be used. Mine has dings on it, worn blueing in spots and everything else.
I still consider the 336 to be a good looking rifle. They seem to put more into the finish than most other rifles I've seen. And being that it was my grandfathers, I'm liable to be struck by lightning if I were to hurt it.

I can't afford to stock ammo for every rifle either, so it has been sidelined in favor of a 7mm mag and new 223. $1 per shot takes the fun out of a 30-30. Not that the 7 mag is cheaper, but I can get a lot more range out of it.

What I need to do is sell my 10/22 and Marlin 925m and buy a .22 target pistol to have fun with. Shooting rimfires out of a rifle isn't exciting anymore, but getting 500 shots for the price of ~20 centerfires makes a difference.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:26 PM   #11391
inuyasharox4776
It's the E talking.

Send a message via AIM to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via MSN to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via Yahoo to inuyasharox4776
Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna log on back here any time soon. Nothing goes on anymore. See ya around
inuyasharox4776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #11392
FertileTurtle
mokal

quitter.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:04 PM   #11393
A-5best
Virtů

Send a message via AIM to A-5best
Quote:
Originally Posted by FertileTurtle View Post
quitter.
This one with the thin skinWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW_WWWWWWWWWWWOr a rational man?
Who should learn to laugh at himself
At himself
A-5best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #11394
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Location: Gainesville, Florida, HOME OF THE MIGHTY GATORS aka TITLETOWN,USA
Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
So my bike started on the first try today, loped like a charm, I took her for a loop of the city and she cut out on me at 45 mph, center lane. Had to trailer her home, she won't start, theres no spark. My life is like a country song.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."
Evil_Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:18 PM   #11395
wabango$
*sigh*

Send a message via AIM to wabango$ Send a message via MSN to wabango$
Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasharox4776 View Post
Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna log on back here any time soon. Nothing goes on anymore. See ya around

Oh well. Another gone.

wabango$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #11396
Ironman289
Paintball......

I am having a horrible week. My mom was in a car accident and almost died, she is still in the hospital and has like 60 more surgeries to go through, my wife tested positive for cervical cancer and has a bunch of treatments and crap to go through and now the icing on the cake, a 13 year old boy at daycare showed his "junk" to my 4 year old daughter and tried to get her to sit on it. I don't think I can handle anymore stress this week................... without killing someone.
Ironman289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #11397
banderson
I get Jack - Legend

Send a message via AIM to banderson
Wow man that all really sucks. It will get better... You should cut that kids tally-whacker off; it will make you feel better. And it sounds like he deserves it.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:57 AM   #11398
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Wayz View Post
My life is like a country song.
I think your tractor's sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman289 View Post
I don't think I can handle anymore stress this week
Bad things always seem to happen all at once, not sure why. Best wishes to your family.

And why is a 13yr old boy at daycare anyways? Must have some sort of behavioral problem if he can't be left at home
Old 09-05-2010, 02:25 AM   #11399
Ironman289
Paintball......

Quote:
Best wishes to your family.
Thanks

Quote:
And why is a 13yr old boy at daycare anyways? Must have some sort of behavioral problem if he can't be left at home
He fights with his younger brother so his mom puts them both in daycare while she is at work because she doesn't trust him, they told me that he has been in therapy for anger issues and things like that and I just found out that her "boyfriend" was in prison for child molestation and is a registered sex offender. I can see where this investigation is gonna go. I think this guy needs to be drug out to the corn field and introduced to a speeding bullet. I know thats wrong to say but who the "F" does that to a child?
Ironman289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:44 AM   #11400
spydadude
Bаnned

Send a message via AIM to spydadude
So, I drove from Indianapolis, to Ann Arbor, to Detroit, and back in one night because I went to see Jay-Z and Eminem. I could have stayed overnight with my friend in Ann Arbor, but her roommate wouldn't let my friend and I stay the night.