pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 04-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #12181
banderson
I get Jack - Legend

Send a message via AIM to banderson
Can...not....post

Edit:
Ok this is getting strange.. I have been trying to post all day and I just did, but now I can't post anymore?

Not for me, everytime I try and post it just logs me out. I can still edit though.

Last edited by banderson : 04-05-2011 at 05:33 PM.
banderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #12182
Lopez17
Administrator

Weird. Is the problem resolved?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaster
I'd have given someone's arm for a U-Haul and 20 minutes alone with a forklift.
Lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:07 AM   #12183
JasonA
Mental Reg date: 9-24-02

Send a message via AIM to JasonA
It seems to be back to normal.....for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
Remeber it's all fun and games untill someone looses a nut.
JasonA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #12184
banderson
I get Jack - Legend

Spydy, you better avert your eyes.

So here is my new/old toy. I glass and pillar bedded it last night and just got it back together today. The bedding turned out fairly well, considering this is the first time I have ever messed around with a gun. I had a little trouble floating the barrel, but got it floated nicely.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #12185
banderson
I get Jack - Legend

Spydy, you better avert your eyes.

So here is my new/old toy. I glass and pillar bedded it last night and just got it back together today. The bedding turned out fairly well, considering this is the first time I have ever messed around with a gun. I had a little trouble floating the barrel, but got it floated nicely..
Old 04-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #12186
Head Hunter 221
Likes Potatoes.

Send a message via AIM to Head Hunter 221
I was getting my hopes up

spydyrodeo:"
(10:08:53 PM): my butts sore"
Head Hunter 221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #12187
jitters93
OT Overseer

ghoztz could be to blame
Old 04-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #12188
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Send a message via AIM to speedy2k4
So around 4:30 yesterday, I devloped a lower back ache. By 5:00, I had a stomach ache. By 5:30 I was in the worst pain in my life, punctuated by severe vomiting spells. Couldn't hold down any fluids and was feeling really dehydrated so I got a ride to the ER around 8.

Normally, unless you are bleeding all over the floor, you go to triage and then wait 3 hours for a room. I looked terrible enough that the nurse in triage brought me to one of the pediatric rooms and got me started on an IV while I waited for a doctor. He came, gave me some anti-nausea and pain killers and I went through 3 liters of IV fluid. Then I drank a can of gatorade. Felt signifcantly better.

They were about to release me, saying it was likely a virus or something I ate. But after laying fully reclined for about a minute, I started heaving dark green bile. Pediatric nurse and doctor suddenly got excited, break from the ordinary for them I guess. Gave me some IV antacid and had me drink almost 24oz of terrible tasting contrast fluid around 4am, then got a CT scan two hours later. Showed significant inflammation around my appendix.

Met with a surgeon around 9am, went into surgery at 1pm after answering 100 questions, 100 times each. Took about an hour, then I spent another two hours semi-concious in observation. Moved to another room, and between 3pm-6pm graduated from ice chips to gatorade to soup to turkey with gravy. Still uncomfortable to move around too much or eat large portions, and I'm not supposed to do much physical activity for a month until the incisions and large intestine are fully healed. But overall feel good.

Got some narcotics after the surgery. Tried to joke around a little with the nurses. No sleep, no food, no shower, breath that could be considered a deadly weapon, but I think I stilled pulled off the surgical gown look pretty well. Got one hole in my navel, one on the side, and one directly above my shaft. Interested to see how the scars look.

Observations: Of all the nurses in pre-op, the one to shave you and be with you for the surgery is always the butch one. All people working in the pediatric department are troublemakers. All anesthesiologists are asian. The surgeon looked like a young Adam Sandler. And for a tiny uselss organ, an appendix can cause one hell of a lot of pain, supassing the post-op infection in my knee 11 years ago.

So yeah, exciting 24 hours for me.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #12189
banderson
I get Jack - Legend

PBR is still screwing up... My pictures got bumped higher than they should have been.

Speedy, that is crazy. Glad to hear you are ok though... You should have taken pictures of the hot nurses for us.

Edit: @436
This is getting really retarded I posted this at 425 PM...

Last edited by banderson : 04-07-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #12190
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm4monkey View Post
I had an inflammed appendix that almost had to be removed when I was a kid. **** hurt like hell.
Mine was inflammed enough to obstruct my intestines, hence the bilious vomiting. And it happened so quick, went from feeling fine to feeling like rotten death in about an hour. As soon as they told me what it was I was counting seconds til they put me under, the whole "you might die in surgery" spiel went in one ear and out the other. Can't even imagine how bad it must be to have an appendix rupture.

Feel pretty good today, just some abdominal discomfort and really bad kink in my neck from a failed attempt to sleep in the ER. Got a bottle of oxycodone for that. And my hands and feet are swollen, look like a gorilla. I'm guessing that has to do with all the IV fluids or something, seems to be going down though.

And bandy, I didn't have my phone on me to take pics. I took my contacts out in the ER too, so I can't say for sure how hot the nurses really were. But we kept eachother entertained. They don't often have 22 year old patients in the pediatric wing, and it seems as though that's where the younger nurses hang out. All the old grumpy ones are in the adult ER.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #12191
dm4monkey
insert witty comment here

I had an inflammed appendix that almost had to be removed when I was a kid. **** hurt like hell.
red reloader B
cp direct mount

grey to black a-bomb intimidator clicky
techna scythe II
predator board
45/4500 air america
smoke halo b
black cp rail w/ on/off
dm4monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #12192
banderson
I get Jack - Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm4monkey View Post
I had an inflamed peni$ that had to be removed when I was a kid. **** hurt like hell.
Fixed

Edit:
No wonder this place is like a ghost town, I just tried to post like 5 times and it wouldn't let me. Frigging DemandMedia, they just don't care about us.

Last edited by banderson : 04-08-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #12193
JasonA
Mental Reg date: 9-24-02

Send a message via AIM to JasonA
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
And my hands and feet are swollen, look like a gorilla. I'm guessing that has to do with all the IV fluids or something, seems to be going down though.
Three liters is a bit much. If you had been up and moving around, you probably wouldn't have noticed anything though. The laying for so long plus the fluid is what got ya. Appendixes are overrated. They should take them at the same time they take the foreskin.

Glad to hear that it didn't pop and you died. You are lucky though. Pediatrics tends to attract the better looking nurses. Most places consider anyone under 21 a pediatric, so if you need to visit a hospital, hit up your local Children's, if you are single and looking for a lady friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
Remeber it's all fun and games untill someone looses a nut.
JasonA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #12194
jitters93
OT Overseer

I haz new camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by banderson View Post
Speedy, that is crazy. Glad to hear you are ok though... You should have taken pictures of the hot nurses for us.

pbr being very gleechy is
Old 04-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #12195
banderson
I get Jack - Legend

I think it is time to just put PBR down... *sniff* *Grabs the gun and takes her for a walk in the woods*

Someone should form a Facebook group we can all join.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #12196
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonA View Post
Three liters is a bit much. If you had been up and moving around, you probably wouldn't have noticed anything though. The laying for so long plus the fluid is what got ya. Appendixes are overrated. They should take them at the same time they take the foreskin.

Glad to hear that it didn't pop and you died. You are lucky though. Pediatrics tends to attract the better looking nurses. Most places consider anyone under 21 a pediatric, so if you need to visit a hospital, hit up your local Children's, if you are single and looking for a lady friend.
3 liters was just at night in the ER. I was hooked up for the majority of the following day in ER/OR/observation, but on a slower drip than when I first came in. Blood was pretty dry when I got there. And I agree on cutting the things out as a baby, not a fun experience.

Pediatrics tends to attract younger, less grumpy nurses for sure. And they said that 21 is normally the limit for pediatric, I'm 22 so they made an exception. Was funny because the nurse who let me in had some lady getting in her face about waiting for 40 minutes for a cut on her hand. She basically gave her the business and told her to sit down, and then turns to me and says "Follow me sweetie we'll get you feeling better."

Really though, people don't seem to understand that if you are feeling well enough to throw a fit about waiting and get an attitude with the triage nurse, you probably aren't going to be considered a priority. If you are sitting silently holding a barf bucket in your lap bent over in pain biting your lip trying to hold it in and can barely walk in a straight line because of dehydration, you might get in faster.

I also tend to avoid hospitals and doctors whenever possible though, some people walk into the ER whenever they have a cold, cut or aching joint.

Last edited by speedy2k4 : 04-10-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:04 AM   #12197
spydyrodeo
Neat Purple Title

Send a message via AIM to spydyrodeo Send a message via Yahoo to spydyrodeo
Jason, did you see the info I posted for you on the previous page?

FAMILY, FAITH, FLAG, AND FIREARMS...THESE I'D DIE FOR.
XBL gamertag: MT tman186.
PSN: whitefang5412
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMongoose View Post
I have a 6th grade education but have alot of common sense.
spydyrodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:33 AM   #12198
banderson
I get Jack - Legend

He saw it, but he ignored it because you were being nice and he doesn't want to admit that you are actually nice.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #12199
banderson
I get Jack - Legend

That is a sexy rifle.
Only reason I changed out the stock was some newb dropped it and half the stock was broken off. I left my other 91/30 untouched, they are just too hot to mess with.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #12200
Head Hunter 221
Likes Potatoes.

Send a message via AIM to Head Hunter 221
Bandy....do you want me to kill you now...or later?

Should have gotten one of these:

and it would shoot like this: (25 rounds)

Without all of your silly bedding.

EDIT: Atleast you didn't screw up the receiver markings.

spydyrodeo:"
(10:08:53 PM): my butts sore"
Head Hunter 221 is offline   Reply With Quote