pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 06-20-2011, 08:35 AM   #12341
Oni Gumo

Yes I used to be a bit standoffish. not really anymore though! I'll probably hang around in chat some today since I dont really have anything else going on at all lol.
Oni Gumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #12342
Oni Gumo

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/cele....html?iref=NS1

Apparently Ryan Dunn died in a car accident. Never really liked ******* or anything but he always seemed like one of the less...moronic of the group. Still really shocking, wasn't expecting that

edit: lol it filtered the name of the show. I forgot how lame language filters are >.>
Old 06-20-2011, 02:49 PM   #12343
jitters93
OT Overseer

I also remember oni gumo being a prick

Quote:
Kowz_76 says:
I'ma start callin you Mr. Papagoda, because that makes you sound like a pimp

jitters93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:34 PM   #12344
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Send a message via AIM to speedy2k4
So much bottled up hate being released right now...
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:54 AM   #12345
Oni Gumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitters93 View Post
I also remember oni gumo being a prick

well some people deserved it

Btw just a tip since I'm looking at your flickr, when youre taking shots of people try to pull back slightly further (or recompose slightly) so that they're not nearing falling out of the frame. Makes a picture look less awkward without really changing anything. Also avoid cutting off bodyparts like hands and feet, but you mostly did a good job at that anyway
nice stuff overall though, even if you use a dirty nikon

Last edited by Oni Gumo : 06-21-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:57 AM   #12346
Oni Gumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonA View Post
I am going to be the reverse Oni. After June 24th I will not be able to log onto PBR for 6 months. When I come back, I will probably be a prick.

Oni, it's funny how people think they are amazing photographers, when in reality they should just do us all a favor and delete their ****. My in-laws bought a picture of a moose for $200. 8x10. The lady that shot it, had the aperture set wrong. The only thing in focus was one tiny little spot. The whole animal, back ground, and foreground was out of focus. The photographer is a self proclaimed expert who thinks she is next to god. When I saw it, I just wanted to slap her in the face with it.
Lol yeah, its partly why I don't accept wedding work often because I'm too critical of my own work to do that. It's especially irritating at the moment since the 60D I picked up after my last camera body died is one of the ones with AF issues, and theres no AF adjustment on the 60D yet until Canon realizes that...yeah people want it, lol, and include it in a firmware update.

I don't know how some people don't feel extremely guilty about pricing shots like that so highly. I mean a shot can be technically imperfect and still good but theres a difference between intentional imperfection for an aesthetic and...just bad shooting. :/
$200 for an 8x10? And I feel bad about a 12x24 Pano scoring me $100, lol.

Oh and inlaws? you get married?! lol

Last edited by Oni Gumo : 06-21-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:00 AM   #12347
jitters93
OT Overseer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Gumo View Post
well some people deserved it

Btw just a tip since I'm looking at your flickr, when youre taking shots of people try to pull back slightly further (or recompose slightly) so that they're not nearing falling out of the frame. Makes a picture look less awkward without really changing anything. Also avoid cutting off bodyparts like hands and feet, but you mostly did a good job at that anyway
nice stuff overall though, even if you use a dirty nikon
Not sure what you mean by almost falling out of the frame.. Send me a picture in a PM or something. As for cutting off body parts theres none of that nature on flickr. unless its old anyway.. Also, I mainly work with primes since thats pretty much all of the lenses I have available atm.. Most of the time I am up against the field dividers lolz. Working on getting a 70-200 though. love that lens..

Quote:
Kowz_76 says:

Last edited by jitters93 : 06-21-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #12348
Oni Gumo

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by almost falling out of the frame.. Send me a picture in a PM or something. As for cutting off body parts theres none of that nature on flickr. unless its old anyway.. Also, I mainly work with primes since thats pretty much all of the lenses I have available atm.. Most of the time I am up against the field dividers lolz. Working on getting a 70-200 though. love that lens..
Id recommend always using primes anyway unless you absolutely can't get by without a zoom for a shoot. By falling out of the frame I just mean that you usually want to space people far enough from the edges of the shot that they don't look like they're about to leave the shot entirely. I was referring to on some of your pics where you might have someones leg say 1/100th of the frames size away from the edge, usually you wanna just add more space at the edges to prevent that. Its a very minor thing to correct that makes a huge difference in quality and consistency, just a friendly tip
Old 06-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #12349
jitters93
OT Overseer

It is normally how I end up cropping since I like to get in tight . I find that most people prefer them like that anyway. ill have to try out some different positioning next time though since ill most likely have a more ideal lens next time I shoot paintballs and want to try out some other things too anyway

Quote:
Id recommend always using primes anyway unless you absolutely can't get by without a zoom for a shoot.
I agree, for paintball I don't. A fast zoom really is ideal for paintbullets. Unless your on a nice field for a good event that would have the extra space a prime 300 f4 which is what I end up using most of the time can be pretty inconvenient

Quote:
Kowz_76 says:

Old 06-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #12350
Oni Gumo

Quote:
It is normally how I end up cropping since I like to get in tight . I find that most people prefer them like that anyway. ill have to try out some different positioning next time though since ill most likely have a more ideal lens next time I shoot paintballs and want to try out some other things too anyway

I agree, for paintball I don't. A fast zoom really is ideal for paintbullets. Unless your on a nice field for a good event that would have the extra space a prime 300 f4 which is what I end up using most of the time can be pretty inconvenient
Nah youre misinterpreting my criticism its not a change non-photographers would probably notice, talking literal millimeters of difference.

basically just when youre composing be sure that they're not closer than say...1/20th of the total width of the frame to the sides. And yeah, I always prefer primes unless its a finicky subject that I cant really control much. Like when I shoot wildlife and birds in particular I use a wide-ranged zoom since I never know how tolerable the bird will be towards me. some birds will let me get right near them, some freak out if Im 100 yards away

Also sorry gov and spydy, I forgot I had the chat opened and it was muted. On my way out the door now though, we's going out to eat.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #12351
jitters93
OT Overseer

Quote:
And yeah, I always prefer primes unless its a finicky subject that I cant really control much. Like when I shoot wildlife and birds in particular I use a wide-ranged zoom since I never know how tolerable the bird will be towards me. some birds will let me get right near them, some freak out if Im 100 yards away
Have/do you shoot paintball? Just asking out of curiosity

Quote:
Kowz_76 says:

Old 06-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #12352
JasonA
Mental Reg date: 9-24-02

Send a message via AIM to JasonA
I am going to be the reverse Oni. After June 24th I will not be able to log onto PBR for 6 months. When I come back, I will probably be a prick.

Oni, it's funny how people think they are amazing photographers, when in reality they should just do us all a favor and delete their ****. My in-laws bought a picture of a moose for $200. 8x10. The lady that shot it, had the aperture set wrong. The only thing in focus was one tiny little spot. The whole animal, back ground, and foreground was out of focus. The photographer is a self proclaimed expert who thinks she is next to god. When I saw it, I just wanted to slap her in the face with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
Remeber it's all fun and games untill someone looses a nut.
JasonA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #12353
Oni Gumo

Quote:
Have/do you shoot paintball? Just asking out of curiosity
Only a very small amount, I haven't played since 2007 or so, Im pretty far removed from paintball now lol. It's not too different to shoot than most other sports though except you need more protective equipment for the camera if youre shooting on-field.

Went out to eat sushi, it was delicious. :3 they overcooked the chicken I ordered to go with it though

Last edited by Oni Gumo : 06-21-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #12354
Oni Gumo

Quote:
Yeah. I got married back in August.
Oh, grats!
you still a paramedic or in school for that or whatever?
Old 06-21-2011, 08:07 PM   #12355
JasonA

Yeah. I got married back in August.
Quote:
Old 06-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #12356
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

I've never takena photography class, nor do I own a nice camera or take many pictures. But I have taken studio art classes and I actually understand most of what you are talking about.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:43 AM   #12357
JasonA

Quote:
Oh, grats!
you still a paramedic or in school for that or whatever?
I have been working as an EMT for a few years. I'm headed to paramedic school for 6 mo's. After that, I am planning on coming back to the same service to work as a paramedic. Then, I will be finishing up my degree. It seems like taking classes never ends. Though.....I will be teaching for the college here next year, so I get to be the one overloading students with information.
Quote:
Old 06-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #12358
banderson
I get Jack - Legend

Send a message via AIM to banderson
Quote:
There were two moose running around in town today. Should have shot a couple crappy shots and sold them. Now I would pay $200 for a picture of some pretentious *** hole photography getting beat.
Some photographers suck, but when it come to photography I piss excellence. Shot over 6,000 pictures on Saturday and they were all fantastic
Old 06-23-2011, 04:56 AM   #12359
spydyrodeo
Neat Purple Title

Send a message via AIM to spydyrodeo Send a message via Yahoo to spydyrodeo
I do not like rubs and yuppies. Wahh wahhh 100 miles in the saddle my body hurts wah wah wah wah.

FAMILY, FAITH, FLAG, AND FIREARMS...THESE I'D DIE FOR.
XBL gamertag: MT tman186.
PSN: whitefang5412
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMongoose View Post
I have a 6th grade education but have alot of common sense.
spydyrodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #12360
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Yay for good seats and good game. Sky looked wild, 1hr rain delay and then it turned into that.

But WTF @ Riggleman resigning today? Politics of sports ruining the game again.