pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > News > Stolen Equipment

Old 03-13-2009, 06:38 AM   #81
Donnachaidh

Quote:
Originally Posted by apunkjunkie View Post
Technically, he's committed no crime if he hasn't set a deadline. This is just a civil matter that's to be handled in civil court. Unless he gave anyone a deadline, which he did not to me, then he's in the clear for now. One could argue that due to the lack of communication, you have reason to believe that he has committed a theft. However, if you think about it, if you lock him up, no one gets their stuff back any quicker.
I remember when all of this started, I had signed a release when Lee did the work and it basically stated he's not responsible, can take as long as he wants, etc. I was worried I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Guess what the one thing was that got me my gear back? The fact that I had an email (the only one I ever got from him) stating it was ready. I sent it to the right people, and voila.
Now that said, noone should fret that much. I mean, he is actively dodging law enforcement. Think about the changes he has had to make for this. Why? Because he decided to screw people out of their money and gear, and then act like a baby about it. There may not be any formal charges right now, but look at where we are as a whole. The man is running for Pete's sake.
When he surfaces, I highly advise anyone with outstanding deals with him to immediately spend the money on a small claims lawsuit, and pay the extra $18 I think it is to have the sheriff serve him.
Donnachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:56 AM   #82
warfinge
Tanned rested and ready

Send a message via ICQ to warfinge Send a message via AIM to warfinge Send a message via MSN to warfinge Send a message via Yahoo to warfinge
There were no hard deadlines but there are "implied" deadlines. Nobody would look at 2 to 7 years as a reasonable time line. I believe that if he faced a judge on one of the longer cases, he would be in trouble.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #83
apunkjunkie
Back again.....

Send a message via AIM to apunkjunkie
The main problem I have is that he put out a post, early last year maybe, that stated he shipped out 95 projects, but there have only been a picture of maybe 2 or 3 of them? Where are the other 92?

Next year I might think about taking legal action, but I'm gonna give it another year (mainly because doing anything with a 1 year old is near impossible lol).
apunkjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #84
warfinge
Tanned rested and ready

Send a message via ICQ to warfinge Send a message via AIM to warfinge Send a message via MSN to warfinge Send a message via Yahoo to warfinge
He was so full of crap on his production. If he had being turning out that much work HE WOULD BE DONE. I can't get over this guy. All these years and he won't just ship peoples stuff back to them even if they pay shipping.

On another note...I know a guy that lives within 50 miles of where his shop used to be. I am working on a favor.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:53 PM   #85
Donnachaidh

Quote:
Originally Posted by warfinge View Post
He was so full of crap on his production. If he had being turning out that much work HE WOULD BE DONE. I can't get over this guy. All these years and he won't just ship peoples stuff back to them even if they pay shipping.

On another note...I know a guy that lives within 50 miles of where his shop used to be. I am working on a favor.

Warfringe PLEASE keep me in the loop. Via email, PM whatever. And you're right on the implied times. Even a judge that has never played paintball would understand how a project that's 7 years old, and the guy quit playing 2 years ago, would be unacceptable.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:43 AM   #86
warfinge
Tanned rested and ready

Oh trust me, anything I learn will be spread in all the threads. I am really focused on Raj's markers ATM. It's just wrong for Kinny to keep all those old school treasures and screw over a nice person like Raj. I know he has the markers, all he has to do is box them and ship them home.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #87
Donnachaidh

Quote:
Originally Posted by warfinge View Post
Oh trust me, anything I learn will be spread in all the threads. I am really focused on Raj's markers ATM. It's just wrong for Kinny to keep all those old school treasures and screw over a nice person like Raj. I know he has the markers, all he has to do is box them and ship them home.
Amen. I've been trying to sort out a way I can be of any assitance to Raj as well. I don't know, but those markers he sent do sound valuable.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:05 AM   #88
apunkjunkie
Back again.....

In all honesty, nothing short of tracking him down and slapping a law suit on him will get his stuff back. I just thought of something....I'm not sure on Oregon law, but in Georgia its against the law for a person to keep property of another when they ask for it back (theft by conversion) so a crime technically has been committed if someone asked for their stuff back.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:16 PM   #89
warfinge
Tanned rested and ready

Soooo....anything new? How about you Mr. Pyrate Jim?
Old 06-28-2009, 12:03 AM   #90
Houck24

Thats Horrible
Houck24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #91
Donnachaidh

As I understand it, Lee's gone underground.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #92
apunkjunkie
Back again.....

Too bad we don't have someone who lives close enough to do some detective work.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #93
Gabrielmelvoin

i would be soo ticked off. that is why i am very picky about long distance transactions.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:19 AM   #94
jollyrajr

Hey all.. Got bored and decided to check in around the net for the transactions regarding Mr. Punisher...

...Officer Papke and the Oregon Business ..err.. whatever the organization is called... were unable to track down Lee at his shop or at his home.. I suppose that means he's gone fugitive with my goods and I'm not likely to hear from him or see my stuff again..

As far as the value of the markers goes-- I'd sure love to be able to play just one game with the Blazer.. Never even got to fire a shot from it.. That's part of the tragedy.. Money value is one thing, but that gun was a gift from my father (me being a broke college student at the time, and ebay being the hot ticket then) and it sounds like he'd have been better off getting the money out of the bank and burning it in front of me.. grr.

Anyway, I don't check her often but if anyone comes across anything please feel free to contact me.. I appreciate those guys out there keeping an eye out for my stuff.. Who knows-- maybe with the economy the way it is it'd be financially possible to hire a private investigator.. Anyone else want to go in on this idea? I know I'm not the only one that's been swindled..

Raj Rajadhyaksha (google my name + facebook and you'll find me..)
jollyrajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:31 AM   #95
warfinge
Tanned rested and ready

2010....+sigh+ PyrateJym, you have your CB yet?
Old 12-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #96
Donnachaidh

Any news on Pun? One any forum?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #97
der51106

with enough people couldnt you file a class action lawsuit? i nothing about law but is a class action not when a group of people with small claims join together to file a large claim suit. i would think you could find a lawyer to take the case pro-bono. should each person involved ask just one lawyer each you should be able to find one somewhere.

and i see most people here are also there but cross linking cant hurt as there seems to be others looking too. best of luck all

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post64184109
Old 01-17-2010, 07:56 AM   #98
guyman5
guyman5

great info he needs to be in jail
Old 05-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #99
Med_Alex

sucks
Med_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:21 AM   #100
warfinge
Tanned rested and ready

So the days/months/years pass. Players lose interest in paintball and write off their loss with Kinney. That's all he is waiting for is acceptance of the rip-off. He has new aliases online and his life continues. He does work for folks in motorcycle forums and car forums and his past never bites him on the ***. Paintball work is still done for "select" customers on the "low low". There is no justice.

Oh and by the way....I hear he is "Just your average Viking......"