pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > SP-1

Old 07-09-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
di$TOrTed
t3h p\/\/nz0r

Send a message via AIM to di$TOrTed
price raise?

HHmmm what's with the price raise? SP1s are now $175 instead of $150

The vibe and sp8 have gone up too. Not sure about other SP markers.

I was considering picking up an SP1 too.........not sure now.

My feedback

I'm getting the NDS tech site going again. ndspb.proboards.com PM me if you would like to help make tech tutorials to help out the paintball community.
di$TOrTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #2
iliveforthis99
Maher

Wow you're right they have gone up, SP1 from what $150 to $175 and Vibe from $140 to $150. My guess SP is acting like an a-hole or most likely it's the economy. I do even believe Proto increased the PMR as well from $250 to now $275 so SP aren't the only ones.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:55 PM   #3
di$TOrTed
t3h p\/\/nz0r

Send a message via AIM to di$TOrTed
Yeah this sucks. SP8 was $250 i believe and is not $275 i think it was

My feedback

I'm getting the NDS tech site going again. ndspb.proboards.com PM me if you would like to help make tech tutorials to help out the paintball community.
di$TOrTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:19 AM   #4
Matt98C
is selling his 98C

Send a message via AIM to Matt98C
also the slg's went from 200 to 220 and the pmr se from i think 300 to 320
Old 07-10-2008, 07:45 AM   #5
iliveforthis99
Maher

The SLG's on AV are still $200 and i believe the PMR SE's were $275 now the Urban one is $320. If this keeps up it's going to really make me side with the quiting paintball side of my thoughts i've been having.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:57 AM   #6
Schecter1277

Send a message via AIM to Schecter1277
Fact is people aren't playing paintball as much as they used to. PMR, vibe, SLG, all of those are supposed to be volume based marker. Say take the DM8 vs a PMR. Dye may have to sell 4 PMR's to get the money they would get for a DM8. However, people aren't buying as much, and so to make enough money, they have to make more on each PMR. Big companies like dye and smartparts has a lot of overhead, and to keep from running out of money they had to raise the price.
Let me also point out the rising inflation, which could also be one of the causes. Then you have rising oil prices to transport it.
The PMR, vibe, SLG, and SP-1 also are made of a lot of plastic. As you know plastic is a petroleum product, and as oil goes up so does the price of plastic. The guns are costingmore to make than they did a year ago.

You can't blame a price increase on greed only. If you think about it this price increase was a long time coming.
68/45 tank w/ myth reg
Schecter1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:05 AM   #7
iliveforthis99
Maher

Yeah and also a lot of other things outside of paintball have gone up so it's for sure not the greed of a company or two (well maybe the oil companies). Paintball was hard enough for people to play who didn't have jobs a few years ago. These prices increases (for everything not just paintball) will definitely hurt the sport.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #8
GrimAssasin
Checkered Pecker

Send a message via AIM to GrimAssasin
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliveforthis99 View Post
The SLG's on AV are still $200 and i believe the PMR SE's were $275 now the Urban one is $320. If this keeps up it's going to really make me side with the quiting paintball side of my thoughts i've been having.
Indeed, I would atleast be switching over to stock class. I have too much stuff right now to need to pay for to be able to afford playing the way I currently do.
GrimAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #9
iliveforthis99
Maher

Same here i have collage coming up and then being out of work at the moment it's going to be hard for me to play. I might sell a gun or two and get a Phantom or maybe go into airsoft for a little while since it's much cheaper.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:15 AM   #10
GrimAssasin
Checkered Pecker

Send a message via AIM to GrimAssasin
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliveforthis99 View Post
Same here i have collage coming up and then being out of work at the moment it's going to be hard for me to play. I might sell a gun or two and get a Phantom or maybe go into airsoft for a little while since it's much cheaper.
Truth. I've gotten some airsoft guns to mess around with, and while its definetely not as fun, it does provide some entertainment and a fairly low price.

As far as selling guns, right now I'm just trying to get rid of anything extra I don't use, like tanks and loaders and whatnot. $10 bucks for a barrel? sure, take it.
GrimAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:21 PM   #11
RBG4life

Yeah, the day I was gonna buy a vibe they went up 10 bucks =(
RBG4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:55 AM   #12
Noltz

Managed to find 1 SP-1 with the old price tag of $174 (CDN) in a pile of $199 tagged boxes. Sweet!
Olive VForce Vantage

Noltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:04 AM   #13
Noltz

The proshop that I bought my marker at now has the Vibe at $199, and the SP-1 at $239.

Ouch.
Olive VForce Vantage

Noltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #14
WolverineTD

Wow, I own a shop and I have my SP-1 marked at $200. The price went up due to smart parts not making eough of them. DEMAND. At least thats what I was told. Plus Smart Parts is also a dealer direct distributer now just like JT, VL, and a few others. That sucks for small stores because now we have to buy like $1000 worth of inventory from one company to start an account.
WolverineTD is offline   Reply With Quote