pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > SP-1

Old 09-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
Kwalli

Does the sp1 fall under this categary

Okay i was looking for a gun (after being persuaded away from airsofting) that was militaristic looking and found the SP1. The paintball park near me has this rule seperating people into begininers, intermediate, and advanced. The rule is as follows:

"Players with high-tech Angels, AutoCockers, etc. or with electronic-trigger paintuns must play in Advanced walk-on groups. The Beginner walk-on group is for young, less-experienced players with standard field-rental level paintguns. " from camp pendleton paintball park

Now as i have drawn a strong bond to the SP1 because of its awesome appearance and what i've read about it from the reviews, I am hoping, hoping that 'electronic-trigger paintuns' is not some spelling mistake for electric markers and means some type of addon for markers as ALL my friends play in beginners. Plus advanced is scary with all the angels and such
so umm... would this marker fall under beginner or advanced due to the rule?
edit: if my worst worst realization comes true and it does stand for electric markers does anyone know of any mechanical markers that are militaristic looking and are around $150 or less?

thanks for all your help, it's greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Kwalli : 09-17-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Kwalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
Magmoormaster
NUDE Shield thine eyes

It might; you wou would have to ask the field operators.

If so, the Tippmann 98 is a good gun, looks are kinda milsim.
and truly see... and remember.

Late Knight Productions.
Magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
iliveforthis99
Maher

Well by their definition it would fall under the advanced walk-on category. That's a pretty stupid rule though since clearly a SP1 is no comparison to a high-end EP marker. And besides it's the skill of the player that counts and not what kind of gun he's using. Give a noob a SL8R and it doesn't mean he'll be any good. Anyway a stock boarded and single trigger SP1 will have about the same ROF as a mech 98 with a pen spring mod. I'd talk to the field owner and try to explain these things, if he still says no find somewhere else to play.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:18 AM   #4
Ishii-kun

see, angels fall under high end electro, and cockers fall under high end mechanical. now the 98c falls under low end mechanical, and SP-1 under low end electro. beginner sounds to me like its for low end guns, and SP-1 falls in that catagory
Old 09-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #5
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Send a message via AIM to AmbushOrigin
there shouldnt be any problem, heck e-gripped tippmanns are faster.. If you just starting then i'd say youll be with the beginners and low end group. If theres a problem with it goto the operations manage and or owner.
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
AmbushOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
Coenen
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Coenen Send a message via Yahoo to Coenen
That gun is capped at what? 11BPS? With a single trigger? You won't be any faster BPS wise than the other kids. Even if you were, as a new player you wouldn't be ready to go out with a bunch of guys that knew what they were doing anyway.

Either way the SP-1 doesn't exactly qualify as a "high-end electro" in my book anyway. If you have a problem take the others' advice, go to the field owner and explain the situation.

Tell him the following; You're new, the performance of your marker is comparable to what the other guys are using, and you want to run with your buddies. If they still deny you, take your business elsewhere.

This shouldn't be that big of a deal though.
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:54 PM   #7
paingwin238
*** R HATER

Location: in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement of the house half a block down the street from Jerry's Bait shop You know the place
you would still be in beginner

Feedback +1/-0
paingwin238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:48 PM   #8
Kwalli

Alright, it's the weekend again which means a slight break from homework and also means more questions about the sp1.

Firstly thanks to everyone for their input and I'm going to stick with what everyone has been saying which is to stick with the gun and talk to the manager about it if an issue rises. Can someone list the ranges of the Rates of fire I can expect from low-end and high-end markers? I know spyder victors shoot 5-7 bps and ions shoot 15+ ish but I'm fuzzy about the picture as a whole. That way I'll be able to present my case with a sense of actually knowing what I'm talking about.

Since the sp1 has rails, do you guys know if I would be able to mount airsoft accessories? Like maybe some ironsights from http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=2740

Lastly just whats the difference between the CO2 tanks out there? There are these numbers like 48/3000 on my friend's tanks and I have no idea what it represents.

I know, many questions, but thanks again for taking your time to answer these.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:35 PM   #9
iliveforthis99
Maher

Your average mech can probably handle around 5-8bps. Mech cockers, Blazers, and Epics can probably do around 12-14bps. Pre VS series Spyders and the like were pretty much limited to around 13bps stock. Newer LP Spyders can can do about the same as most any mid/high-end EP (Electro Pneumatic). Depending on the precise cap on the board practically any mid/high-end EP can do 13-17bps. Now that's all taking into consideration that all guns are stock (or minor modding) shooting in semi and of course it also depends on the shooters speed with the trigger. You should be able to mount some rail parts on the SP1 but those sights would be pointless. You don't aim a paintball gun like a real gun nor does the paintball fly in a as stable flight line as a real bullet. Your friends tank is not a CO2 tank, it is an aluminum HPA (compressed air) tank. The numbers stand for the size of the tanks capacity. 48 is it's internal ci (cubic inch) an 3000 is it's internal psi pressure. CO2 tanks are measured by weight basically, a 9oz. bottle holds 9oz. of CO2 and a 20oz. tank holds 20z. of CO2.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:02 AM   #10
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

The co2 will give u better efficiency on a warm day, but with less consistancy over compressed air. Compressed air tanks initial purchase is pretty high, but is overall better for markers and more consistant, however the sp1 works amazing on co2. Also my only suggestion is if ever upgrading to a compressed air tank, dont bother with any 3000 psi tanks. Bump right up to a 45/4500 68/4500 70/4500 HPA tank, most 4500 tanks now run in the 150-170 range new and 90-120ish used, so its worth the money.
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
Old 09-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #11
jay24
xbl:jay1o24.i is cod4 GOD

definitely get an sp-1 electro markers are almost always better than mechs. i am not tippy hater, i have experience. i used to have a a5 and in order to make it even get close an sp-1 you would have to buy an e-grip, LOTS of cyclone upgrades, a new barrel (stock sp-1 barrel isn't great but isn't a piece of crap), maybe a lpk, and on top of all of that the a5 is way heavier and costs more. i thought i could handle the weight but it gets annoying. as for a 98 its pretty much the same as for an a5. sp-1 all you need is a barrel an electronic hopper, and a qev. as for what level a sp-1 is, its definitely a beginner gun. dont get me wrong tho, its good. i think u should get one and talk with the guys in charge at your field and reason with them. the sp-1 caps 10 bps full auto and i think 13 bps semi for the stock board. imo sights dont help because you dont have time to look down them but if you want some red dot sights are better than iron sights because you can calibrate them and they provide a more precise "aimer" add eye relief. ncstar is a good company for them.
DTI3 tactical body with clamping feed neck
psycho ballistics drop forward with on/off asa
vlocity viewloader
68/4500 pmi pure energy hpa tank

to be continued...

Last edited by jay24 : 09-20-2008 at 11:57 AM.
jay24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:49 PM   #12
iliveforthis99
Maher

Well actually the speed of the SP1 and A5 are probably pretty close. The SP1 is easier though to shoot because of the magnetic trigger. An A5 with a simple trigger mod can push close to the 11bps cap of the SP1. There is no QEV out for the SP1 yet but i believe there's one in the works. And again about sights, you must remmeber that the feedneck is vertical so putting any form of sight on an SP1 is a no go. The loader will also get in the way since most loaders will sit pretty low on the gun.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:57 PM   #13
jay24
xbl:jay1o24.i is cod4 GOD

yeah the a5 is only limited to how fast you can pull the trigger but its a lot harder without an e-grip to pull the trigger even with the pen spring mod. it is possible to mount sights on the side rails, altough only a red dot would work with this because you can calibrate it to aim where ur shooting. if i were you though, i wouldnt get any sights but just line up the barrel. it takes practice to get pinpoint accuracy without shooting to see where the ball goes but its a lot more convenient. if you have ever aimed with a smg in battlfield bad company its kinda like that.
DTI3 tactical body with clamping feed neck
psycho ballistics drop forward with on/off asa
vlocity viewloader
68/4500 pmi pure energy hpa tank

to be continued...
jay24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #14
iliveforthis99
Maher

Yeah just practice shooting and time playing your accuracy will get better without you having to aim down the gun.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #15
Kwalli

just wondering, while looking for hoppers and c02 tanks, i noticed some would say something like "spyder 20oz co2 tank" or when looking for a hopper something like "GXG tippmann x7 hopper" would appear. Does the sp1 need a specific hopper/tanks or do all paintball markers come with standard specifics so that all hoppers and tanks would fit it?

Lastly would i need a feeder for the sp1 or will the hopper conenct to the sp1 directly? if so, it shouldn't matter which one i get right?

the tank
http://www.pntball.com/Items/3509921...0Pi n%20Valve

the hopper:
http://www.pntball.com/Items/gxg-low...0Feed%20Hopper
Old 09-20-2008, 05:48 PM   #16
iliveforthis99
Maher

The Spyder tank is probably just a tank that is sold and marked under the Kingman brand name. With the exception of like a few ultra small bulk capitcy tanks that need an adapter to go into a gun all tank threads are the same. That hoppers is for the Cyclone feed system and will not even come close to fitting on the SP1. Again with the exceptions of like the Cyclone, Rip Clip, Q-loader, and Warp Feed (last two might need adapters for certain guns or feednecks) all other loaders are universal.

Last edited by iliveforthis99 : 09-21-2008 at 07:06 AM.
iliveforthis99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:52 AM   #17
Kwalli

I found a sp1 for 145.95 at the site below:
http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/store/show/116121

I think its the first sp1 version because it says its only fires on semi. are the versions any different in terms of material and internal build? Because if they're exactly the same except for the mechanism that allows the different modes of firing (circuit board i'm guessing) then i might get the 145.95 one and just send it in to smart parts for the upgrade.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:37 PM   #18
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Im sure they have newer ones now, probably just never updated their specs on it. Id rather have a semi only then the multi-mode.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #19
Kwalli

so if i were to order that, i might get the newer version but for $150????

how come you prefer semi-auto only rather than the version where you may choose the modes?
Old 09-21-2008, 05:14 PM   #20
iliveforthis99
Maher

You'll hardly ever be allowed to use the other modes. Semi auto and Ramping (which the newer SP1's doesn't have) are the only two modes you'll really ever need.

Last edited by iliveforthis99 : 09-26-2008 at 06:57 PM.
iliveforthis99 is offline   Reply With Quote