pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > SP-1

Old 12-13-2008, 02:28 AM   #1
nj pbnut
im to old to run anymore

sp-1 just got one

now ive been searching for a nice low priced marker for a while, i have a tippy 98 but a friend of mine had gotten a vibe. i fired it and liked the way it fired, it was lighter than my tippy so i began my search because i love the mil-sim look the sp1 fit the bill i seached the reviews and i was sold .

ok soo i went and got it the other night and i love it. i read some where you can put a flash light on it so i took the screws out and found the hidden screw and i tried to take it out it will not unscrew, the sp1 was hanging on the wall out of its boxs so im wondering if the guy at the store had used it as a demo model and striped out the screw or something the hex screw was a bit worn so i think it was screwed and unscrewed quite abit

should i take it back and get another sp1 or should i just deal with no flashlight ?
Old 12-13-2008, 03:31 AM   #2
iliveforthis99
Maher

The flashlight is pointless other than looks and if you play a lot of night games.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
nj pbnut
im to old to run anymore

yeah your right just wanted to see how it would look .

ok now that we are on this subject what is a good feeder for the sp1? also keep in mind i want a feeder that i can switch between guns from mild to wild if im going to get a good one i want to buy one and not three or four !!

you know if i upgrade my gun i want something i can just take from here and put it there if get what i mean
Old 12-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
iliveforthis99
Maher

Depends on your budget. If you can afford a nice force fed loader then you'll be set.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #5
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Send a message via AIM to AmbushOrigin
if not, then the 30 bucks for a ricochet apache is well worth it wont get a faster hopper for a better price.
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
AmbushOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:21 AM   #6
nj pbnut
im to old to run anymore

budget isnt really an issue , as i go through all the feeders there are alot of them lol .

thanks guys

mike
Old 12-21-2008, 09:36 AM   #7
iliveforthis99
Maher

The Apache is a nice loader for the price but they're becoming harder to find new. If you can find a Reloader B that would be my choice as well as a Halo B would be my second. Put a Magna or B2 board into the Halo and you have a nice loader. The Magna and Prophecy loaders are all also nice although i like the more balanced look of the Prophecy over the Magna. And also it's loader not feeder.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:16 AM   #8
nj pbnut
im to old to run anymore

thanks for the replies

my girl got me a evlution 3 with the z board for xmas. it says 23 bps who knows lol if it can do that many its a nice loader, also went out today and got a 14" invert carbon fiber night stick!!!!! the sp1 is looking good .
Old 12-26-2008, 10:35 AM   #9
iliveforthis99
Maher

The egg3 doesn't feed 23bps just so you know. Expect to get about 15-17bps of it. That is though more then enough for the SP1.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #10
nj pbnut
im to old to run anymore

i figured they advertised the bps high when i first turned it on with no balls in it i thought for sure it was going to eat my balls up for lunch lol it was so load but when i got some balls in there it quieted down . handled full auto no problem !

what do you think about the barrel?
the shop guy tried to sell me a nice 2 peice barrel
i was a little scared to get the bottom peice stuck in the shroud so i went with the nightstick it looks great on the sp1
only problem we had was with the jewels on the barrel but with alittle work it fit fine

thanks for all the help getting my sp1 in order for the spring its really to cold for anything at the moment

some practice in the back yard is about all i can do right now
Old 12-26-2008, 03:04 PM   #11
iliveforthis99
Maher

Never used the Nightstick but i've a few good things about it and Invert makes some decent products. I wouldn't worry about a two piece barrel getting stuck unless it uses a fin or a really small back. I've used my Scepter in on mine before i started using my stock Ion barrel and there was a enough of the back to grip in case it got stuck.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:45 AM   #12
nj pbnut
im to old to run anymore

just a update

i returned the eggy3 for a halo b loader with rip drive

the halo b is so much nicer than eggy
the egg sat towards the back making the gun alittle back heavy

halo makes the sp1 more balanced and its not as loud so no one wil know when u need to reload you loader

i wanted a sound activated loader but pb shop didnt have any.......its a great loader handled full auto no problem and it was snowing cold and i had no chops i was running a remote

me and my friend shooting trees in the winter priceless
he has a stock vibe, me sp1 , the one thing i did notice the vibe has a different sound compared to the sp1 i thought they were the same gun in different clothes
Old 01-03-2009, 04:27 AM   #13
Six_Shooter

Different barrels will have sound signatures.
Six_Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:59 AM   #14
nj pbnut
im to old to run anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
Different barrels will have sound signatures.
ok that makes sense
hes got a 14" all american
me a 14" invert carbon fiber

i cant wait till spring time !!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #15
iliveforthis99
Maher

If you still want a sound activated loader you can but a B2 or Magna board in the Halo B. I would actually recommend it, they would solve the issue with the Halo B's eye not seeing dark shelled paint as well as give you more loader adjustment. The Magna board is the same as the B2 but that gives you the RF chip for use with later guns maybe.