pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > SP-1

Old 08-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
FALCONSEYE

Question what do you think about this setup?

sp-1 blackheart
dye rotor
ninja 68/4500 hpa tank
bt apex barrell
tacamo car stock adapter
sp sp-1 stock
coiled remote
whip extension.

all it came to $797.05. Kind of wondering if i paid too much or bought something i won't need.
thanks

FuzzySiberians
FALCONSEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #2
iliveforthis99
Maher

You don't at all need a Rotor even with the Blackheart board. Apex barrel was a waste. And are you sure you got the right adapter for the stock? As far as i know SP is the only one who makes stock adapters for the SP1.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Send a message via AIM to AmbushOrigin
^
rotor is a waste for the gun.
SP and trinity are only 2 I know of for stock adapters
the SP Sp1 stock? I didnt know SP Was making its own stock for these yet.. thats news to my ears.
I woulda went with a J&J, freak or redz barrel over the apex.

this whip extension I have no idea what it is...so therefore Id say not needed.
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
AmbushOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
FALCONSEYE

What would you use as a hopper? Got everything at the paintball shop. I will go back to pick up the assembled piece tonight. So, I hope they are giving me the right adapters.

FuzzySiberians
Old 08-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #5
iliveforthis99
Maher

A Too would of done the job and be about half the price of the Rotor.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #6
FALCONSEYE

What's

A Too
?

I was pretty much following paintballtechpb's suggestions. First get a nice head gear. Second, get a nice hpa tank and a hopper. Finally, get the marker. I figure I can use this loader on any future markers I might have.

FuzzySiberians
Old 08-11-2009, 02:33 PM   #7
iliveforthis99
Maher

The Invert Too, basically a Halo B with a Freeway anti-jam and B2 board. The Rotor in all honesty is a lot of hype then actual outstanding performance, for the same price i would of gotten a Prophecy or heck maybe a Pinokio.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #8
Coenen
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Coenen Send a message via Yahoo to Coenen
How much are you paying for the pack to carry that tank around? Buck up, drop the stock, use the tank when you shoulder the gun, it won't kill you. It'll also save you some jack.

I'd second the Invert Too or even a Vic35 Halo-B over the Rotor. The Rotor has some nice features, but the Invert Too for a third of the price is tough to pass up.

The barrel, everyone thinks that want one of these uber-range enhancing barrels before they play a lot of paintball and learn that it's not that important. I'd suggest you play a bit with the basic gun/loader/tank combo before starting to heap on upgrades.
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #9
FALCONSEYE

The remote line was around $30. It's not a big deal. The paintball shop does not refund but instead gives "store credits" even if the piece is not used.

Anyway, I am trying to figure out how I can hook up the remote line right to the regulator instead of the grip. Any ideas?

FuzzySiberians
Old 08-21-2009, 10:44 AM   #10
FALCONSEYE

My first impressions with SP-1 blackheart

Pros:

This is an awesome marker. I paid some xtra bucks for the upgrades but it all turned out to be great. The marker did not break any balls. (Shot over 3000 paintballs). The dye loader kicks a$$. It takes seconds to take the loader apart to clean. The ninja 68/4500 is awesome but a bit heavy. The remote line is a nice upgrade and very helpful if you are out there 8 hours in a row.

I totally love this setup.

I was able to shoot at the same spot over and over again. Loving this marker. The BT apex barrell is alright.

Cons: Nothing with the marker, loader or the tank. However, I definitely need a vest, something like
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching

I am type of a runner in the field. The tank is heavy and the harness keept sliding down my lower back. Half of the time, I was running with my hand on the harness.

I will upgrade the bolt with :
http://cgi.ebay.com/TECHT-SMARTPARTS...p3286.c0.m 14

this thing reduces the marker noise so much, it's amazing. Another upgrade is to replace the barrel with:

http://store.deadlywind.com/product/...953742e12.aspx

Cannot wait to go out again...

FuzzySiberians
Old 08-21-2009, 01:09 PM   #11
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

1. A vest can be a good thing, Id suggest the BT ones and also the Rap4 tactical ten vest. I have a tac ten, has 4 pod holders on the front, 6 on the back, tank holder. on the front, radio pouch, map/ID pouch.

2. The bolt is a waste of money, and by putting a aftermarket bolt into the gun the anti-chop feature is then disabled. So you may actually experience some chops after upgrading.

3. You already payed money for a apex, but now want a new barrel? the DW is a great product, I own 2. However Id suggest just getting a used impulse freak back, some inserts and then buying a apex ready freak front. 90 bucks is alot of money for a barrel and then having to spend extra on the inserts when you already have a upgraded barrel.
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
Old 09-03-2009, 07:20 PM   #12
paintballer099

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbushOrigin View Post
^
rotor is a waste for the gun.
SP and trinity are only 2 I know of for stock adapters
the SP Sp1 stock? I didnt know SP Was making its own stock for these yet.. thats news to my ears.
I woulda went with a J&J, freak or redz barrel over the apex.

this whip extension I have no idea what it is...so therefore Id say not needed.
its an extension for the remote line.. but yes it is unneeded, most remote lines are long enough..

edit: the whip extension is to re-fill the tank from a scuba setup or somthing without having to take your pack off..

Last edited by paintballer099 : 09-11-2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: false info
paintballer099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #13
Bad_Company1
Paintball Command Army

your not gonna find a much lighter tank than that besides a 48/45 a 45/45 or a 56/45. And instead of putting a ton of money in a cheap smart parts gun (It seems like thats becoming a bigger pandemic that swine flu) Just get a better gun. Lets see SP1-$175, upgraded bolt-$50, upgraded barrel-$40, blackheart- $100, plus the stock was a waste-$30-60 i dont know how much you paid. That all adds up to around $400,guess what buddy your in the BT TM-15 price range.rotor was complete waste, From what i see your spending your time in the woods so i would return the rotor and get a pinokio. Vest is not needed just get a body wrap velcro 4+1.
Nightstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitters93 View Post
3D bewbizzles?!
Bad_Company1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #14
FALCONSEYE

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Company1 View Post
your not gonna find a much lighter tank than that besides a 48/45 a 45/45 or a 56/45. And instead of putting a ton of money in a cheap smart parts gun (It seems like thats becoming a bigger pandemic that swine flu) Just get a better gun. Lets see SP1-$175, upgraded bolt-$50, upgraded barrel-$40, blackheart- $100, plus the stock was a waste-$30-60 i dont know how much you paid. That all adds up to around $400,guess what buddy your in the BT TM-15 price range.rotor was complete waste, From what i see your spending your time in the woods so i would return the rotor and get a pinokio. Vest is not needed just get a body wrap velcro 4+1.

Actually, I love the vest. The pods are right in front of you, the tank is behind me. I can even fit a water bottle into one of the spots in the back. As long as I don't crowl on the ground, I am perfectly fine. The weight of all this stuff is nicely shared with hip and shoulders.

When I start running with a paintball harness, I had to hold on to it so that it won't keep sliding down on me.

The marker with blackheart was $249+tax. I didn't buy the bolt. Even with the deadly wind fibur barrel with freak inserts ($130 total), I am roughly at $395. (Compared to $459+tax/shipping of TM-15). Also, I love the dye rotor. It takes 2-3 seconds to take it apart for cleaning. I have played 3 times, shot over 3000 paints and didn't have to change the batteries (yet). So, yes I am loving the setup.

FuzzySiberians
Old 09-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #15
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

the blackheart board for the sp1 is very battery friendly. mine still has the same smart parts rechargable 9v in it that it started with. Id highly suggest looking into their recharge kit and 4 or 5 batteries. I have 4 specifically for hoppers, and 2 for markers.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:22 AM   #16
cdnova77
cdnova77

The apex works well with the freak barrel system but it will run you a pretty penny...lookin at about a $150-$170 price range. The stock barrel it comes with isnt that great and not worth using in my experiences with it.

Black heart and the tech T L& bolt are the best upgrades for around $150
cdnova77 is offline   Reply With Quote