pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Indian Creek Designs

Old 08-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
mrbaseball2710

Major air leak

Hey guys,
So I hadn't touched my 2005 freestyle for over a year and a friend of mine and I decided we wanted to go paintballing again. I cleaned out the entire gun and lubed it up, but when i hooked up the air it went straight out the barrel in a constant flow. I could adjust how fast it would go with the reg. Any idea what this is?
Thanks!
mrbaseball2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
BluShift
I accidentally the whole

I'm not familiar with ICD guns at all.... but if it's leaking down the barrel and it's a poppet gun (Mini's/Spyders), it's probably your cup seal. This is the part that the rammer/striker/hammer slams against to allow air to flow into the valve. This is really cheap to replace.

If it's a spool-valve gun (like Proto/Dye/DP guns) then it is more than likely a valve o-ring or your solenoid. Take your gun apart, look at all the o-rings on the bolt and check to see if there are ANY nicks/cracks/scratches on them. If there is, make sure you replace the affected o-ring(s). If there is nothing, lower your LPR as much as possible, re-oil the gun, re-assemble, and shoot it over the chrono. If you can't get up to a reasonable velocity without it leaking, it's likely your 'noid. There are some o-rings you could replace in the 'noid that might fix your problem, but unfortunately I've shot a blow-black my entire life, so that's where my advice ends

I imagine an ICD owner could help you out a little better.
Originally Posted by Coenen View Post
It needs more drop forwards.

Last edited by BluShift : 08-10-2010 at 01:43 PM.
BluShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
hurleyhonda22
Demand Media Ruined PBR

dot