pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > CCI

Old 02-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
kingbenlab

Send a message via AIM to kingbenlab
Red face Which Barrels to buy

I would like to get barrel that prevent rollouts. I don't like detent rings they are just pain in the ***. I ended up with few barrels, but still cannot decide which one to get.
1. CCM Phantom Barrel Kit, it comes with four inserts. ($120.00)
2. Deadlywind Fibur CF, i dont have freak inserts so i will have to buy one. ($90.00)
3. IF you guys can think something else that is even better... let me know
Old 02-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Send a message via AIM to AmbushOrigin
fibur = greatest barrel out there.

For all the phantoms I owned, i just had the stock barrel bored for freak inserts. And rocked a .682 insert
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
AmbushOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
CamoDad
WoodsBaller57

Lightbulb Option 3) Fr-Amton Freak Insert Barrel 12"

There is another Choice
Personnaly, I have no experience with the other two barrels you have as choices.
I just purchased a Fr-Amton freak bored Phantom Barrel.
It is a great setup absolutely no rollouts ( I also have the ASP oring detent modification on the body but still had rollouts with small diameter balls).
It is very accurate and very quiet.
Regardless of the actual "Insert" barrel that you purchase...Buy the smaller inserts.
You don't need to buy a full Freak Kit. With paint getting smaller the insert sizes .679 .682 & .684 will be more valuable than the .687 .689 and oversized bores.
The .682 and .679 work well with the Marbalizers that the Field that I play at sells.

The only drawback is that WhiteWolf Airsmithing sells the barrel. I would ONLY buy it from his sales on eBay. He has a great track record on eBay but the sales from his own web site are well known to be troublesome for the purchaser. I know from experience.

Just another opinion/option
CamoDad

or Woodsballer57 on other forums
I'd rather get closer to "One Shot - One Kill" than shooting a "Rope of Paint" and needing to refill my hopper a couple times every game. I prefer Stealth & Accuracy – OR – “Going Sergeant York” on the opposition with Medal of Honor BALLS. And I'm not talking about Paint Balls.
CamoDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Send a message via AIM to AmbushOrigin
^^ or just find a machinist or someone that does custom mods to bore out the stock barrel for less. It cost me 10 bucks for each one of mine to be bored out, thats including shipping.

If you wanna go that route kingbenlab then check out odells paintball. He does alot of custom phantom mods and hes cheap. My last phantom i sold to my teammate I got ego feedneck mod, barrel bored and a part anodized for 50 bucks shipped
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
AmbushOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #5
Aerzy

Lapco Microshot if youre looking for something cheap, and works well, look it up
Aerzy is offline   Reply With Quote