pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > 32 Degrees

Old 12-11-2002, 04:33 PM   #1
Rebel2002
I need about Tree Fiddy.

Send a message via AIM to Rebel2002
Question Rebels

Why does everyone diss so bad on Rebels? I have one and it has never given me any problems except freezing up in cold weather. It is a fine gun for being only $70. I dont understand why everyone is so hard on it. Just because it's mass produced? Why does that make it bad? It still a perfectly fine gun, just everytime someone has a problem with it they say "thats a rebel for ya" (or something to that effect). But if someones dragon intimidator broke they would probably blame it on the retailer they bought it from. So my question is, what gave rebels a bad name?
Rebel2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 08:28 PM   #2
KevinVandevenne

I'm not sure why either. Myself and 2 friends have Rebels, and we play alot. Only problems we have ever had are in the cold as well, I think most of the other markers out there would have the same issue. I just bought a new 02 bottom line ( i have the old style Rebel), and I'm looking forward to using it.

Black Rebel02 Bottomline
PMI 48/3000
32 Degrees Nyte Stick
Turbo Valve
KevinVandevenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 08:32 PM   #3
UTLadiesMan
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to UTLadiesMan
It's the bandwagon effect.

PBR feedback
eBay feedback
UTLadiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 08:53 PM   #4
mork321

Rebels are from 32 degrees, a few of 32 degrees' products are crap i guess. People just assume that Rebels are crap because they are from 32 degrees. All the same goes for Spyders, I have never had one it's bitsey little problem yet the people who don't know how to take care of a spyder and have one that broke down will assume that it's Kingmans fault when it was really the fact that they didn't do a single thing to care for it. A little TLC will take care of most guns, except for the low quality ones like Talons and Blades.
mork321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 12:01 PM   #5
russpaintballer
Haha You're Dead!

Send a message via Yahoo to russpaintballer
I agree. Everytime a problem with a rebel comes, 32 degrees takes the fall, by no fault of their own.
russpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 03:04 PM   #6
Feralboy
Potsmaster

Send a message via AIM to Feralboy
I will tell you why so many people diss rebels (and by connection, 32 degrees). It is because they deserve it. I was once like you, figthing the good fight, defending 32 degrees, I would ALWAYS get angry when I saw people bashing on 32 degrees. then MY rebel failed terribly. I figured no worries, and with a little conjoling she was back on her feet again. Soon there was anouther problem. After a bit of a headache I get it working again. then came the final blow. I took my gun out and it broke down again (Mind you, this has been THREE TRIPS STRAIGHT). This time nothing will get my gun working again. I send it in to 32 degrees. I hear nothing from them for a monthish. I call them up, they say they dont know anything about my gun. I call them the next day, they say they sent it to me, and it should be here any day. I call a few weeks later and ask where it is, and they say that THEY SHIPPED IT TO THE WRONG PEOPLE! they shipped it to someone else, and i dont end up getting my marker back for about 2 months. Finnaly I get it, and it is working VAGUELLY so far, but i get the feeling it could brake at any moment. THAT is why I hate the reble AND 32 degrees.

BTW, my gun is for sale if anyone is interested (wait....I should have put that BEFORE i typed all that stuff )
Feralboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 03:11 PM   #7
KevinVandevenne

Quote:
Originally posted by Feralboy
I will tell you why so many people diss rebels (and by connection, 32 degrees). It is because they deserve it. I was once like you, figthing the good fight, defending 32 degrees, I would ALWAYS get angry when I saw people bashing on 32 degrees. then MY rebel failed terribly. I figured no worries, and with a little conjoling she was back on her feet again. Soon there was anouther problem. After a bit of a headache I get it working again. then came the final blow. I took my gun out and it broke down again (Mind you, this has been THREE TRIPS STRAIGHT). This time nothing will get my gun working again.
If you don't mind me asking, what was the problem with the gun?

Black Rebel02 Bottomline
PMI 48/3000
32 Degrees Nyte Stick
Turbo Valve
KevinVandevenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 03:20 PM   #8
Rebel2002
I need about Tree Fiddy.

Send a message via AIM to Rebel2002
ummm... it froze up in the cold. almost all guns do that that use co2.
Rebel2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 08:51 PM   #9
anthacker5
Caffeine Addict

Send a message via AIM to anthacker5
Well, mine double/triple/more feeds ALL THE TIME no matter how many times i replace the ball detent, the trigger pull sucks, mine gets really crappy range, loud as hell, uses different cup seals so for a while i had to order them on line when they went bad (they always did). Accuracy? *pfft* Loud as hell, i could go on and on...
and maybe i have to make it clear for u ******* u cant tell a diffrence between a orange and a apple! im sayin those *****ez who r like freak out and brag about them and there psyder picked off some guy wit an angel! and im tryin to say it pisses me off when these kids flip out when they shot some kid wit a angel and its like wut r peps wit angels unstopable? <snip> ...do u understand wut i mean now ant ?

Quote:
Get your hands off mah cocker.
anthacker5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 03:17 PM   #10
Feralboy
Potsmaster

Send a message via AIM to Feralboy
No, mine didnt freeze up. it leaks alot (not a little bit, I mean huge streams of CO2 coming from every oriface) and it is so ineficaint as to not even be funny (if your interested it is STILL for sale, why isnt anybody eatin this bad-boy up ) . do a search if youre interested, I know i posted a "help me" about all of its problems a while back. I think i have perfectly good reasons for mocking Rebels and 32 degrees.
Feralboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 04:11 PM   #11
punkerx1

Send a message via AIM to punkerx1
once u actually get your rebel working properly, its not really a bad gun for 70$, but all the crap u have to deal with to get it working is not worth it at all. i think rebels are one of the most unreliable markers ever made.
punkerx1 is offline   Reply With Quote