pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Tippmann

Old 02-26-2006, 09:57 AM   #1
scarficito

Question tippmann and speedball?

Are tippmans really that bad in speedball. after reading many reviews, many people say that this is not the right marker for speedball. i have many friends who use their tippmanns for tourneys and they say it is no problem. Any tippmannn speedballers out there?

P.S. I heard that using a RT is illegal in tourneys. my friend says he uses his custom pro with RT but has to adjust it to certain limitations.
scarficito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:00 AM   #2
slaminator3323
Final Fantasy 8 Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarficito
Are tippmans really that bad in speedball. after reading many reviews, many people say that this is not the right marker for speedball. i have many friends who use their tippmanns for tourneys and they say it is no problem. Any tippmannn speedballers out there?

P.S. I heard that using a RT is illegal in tourneys. my friend says he uses his custom pro with RT but has to adjust it to certain limitations.
Some tournys will let you use a RT, but most just totally ban the use of them. The only thing about tippmanns and speedball is that, they are longer making it harder to stay tight. Also those tournys probably aren't anything big anyways.
Kila magnetic detents
NDZ Saw trigger
CP two piece
Smoke Reloader B
Jungle Fighters
Got a Tadao board and 360 QEV and haven't played paintball in over a year,(I have bad withdrawals).
slaminator3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:04 AM   #3
paintballa665
National PIMP Association

Send a message via AIM to paintballa665
yea, tippmanns arent as bad as speedball as ever1 say they r. They r jus a lil long like slaminator said. No they wont compare to ions, but tippmann r tippmanns. Its not really the gun, its the player that uses the gun (except if the gun is like a $20 gun)
Old 02-26-2006, 10:16 AM   #4
splatmania
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to splatmania
tippmanns are not good for speed ball because of the amount of kick they have,how long they are like sayed above,and the facts that they are slow and in SPEED ball SPEED is very important.
splatmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:21 AM   #5
tippyjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmania
tippmanns are not good for speed ball because of the amount of kick they have,how long they are like sayed above,and the facts that they are slow and in SPEED ball SPEED is very important.
no skill is important, simple as that.

Tippmann Effect Custom Pro

Rocking six 98c's and a Adventrure Beach FS Pro.
tippyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:21 AM   #6
paintballa665

SPEED aint everything. Look if u learn to use ur tippmann well, it can b very effective. Jus u have to play w/ ur tippmann for a lil bit to learn how the gun works. Like i said b4, tippmanns have their own unique performance skills of their own. For example, customizable for ne scenario, egrip ebolt mod to make it a sensitouch trigger for SPEED as fast as ions. All u have to do is learn wat ur gun is about nd wat ups to make it good enough to compete at the scenarios u play in.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:25 AM   #7
TheSpy11
I see you...

Speed isn't a factor in Tippmanns. A properly upped Tippy can rip with the best of them. In fact, my A-5 is much easier to walk than my Ion at the moment. Also, the A-5/CP is only about inch or two longer than comparable "speedball" guns, and actually shorter which is a plus. It's really just a mental woodsball-gun "badge" that has been stamped on Tippys, and that somehow that logic means that it can't do well in speedball formats.
9/11, OK City, 7/7, and more - attacks on freedom
from our own government

Last edited by TheSpy11 : 02-26-2006 at 11:10 AM.
TheSpy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:39 AM   #8
paintballa665

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpy11
Speed isn't a factor in Tippmanns. A properly upped Tippy can rip with the best of them. In fact, my A-5 is much easier to walk than my Ion at the moment. Also, the A-5 is only about inch or two longer than comparable "speedball" guns, and actually shorter which is a plus. It's really just a mental woodsball-gun "badge" that has been stamped on Tippys, and that somehow that logic means that it can't do well in speedball formats.
There we go. U guys lost the case. Tippmanns r good, as long as u make them that way.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:56 AM   #9
tippyjack

Quote:

hm sry here is the stats I have from my last 98c

-less kick than a proto
-I could rap a back bunker better than anyone else, go buy a shocker if u want to loose 4".
-15bps psp ramp with no chops is fast, my custom pro will go faster my my fingers can't keep up.

Sry

Old 02-26-2006, 11:06 AM   #10
slaminator3323
Final Fantasy 8 Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippyjack
hm sry here is the stats I have from my last 98c

-less kick than a proto
-I could rap a back bunker better than anyone else, go buy a shocker if u want to loose 4".
-15bps psp ramp with no chops is fast, my custom pro will go faster my my fingers can't keep up.

Sry
Yes but not everyone has a tippmann like yours. I will agree that speed is not important, look at the awesome pump players.
Kila magnetic detents
NDZ Saw trigger
CP two piece
Smoke Reloader B
Jungle Fighters
Got a Tadao board and 360 QEV and haven't played paintball in over a year,(I have bad withdrawals).
slaminator3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:12 AM   #11
p8ntblazerx63
member of ALIEN YOUTH

yeah "Tippmann" in speedball dont mix to well.
Smart Parts Ion,
Smart Parts Freak kit
New Designs S-trigger
lapco feed neck,
Hybrid Contract Killer grips
Hybrid On/Off Valve
Hybrid S-rail
Pure Energy 68 4500 psi
Halo B
VForce Profilers-green
Redz eNVy 8 pod pack-blue
Dye C5 Jersey, C6 Pants-Blue
JT 05 gloves-blue
p8ntblazerx63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:15 PM   #12
paintballa665

They can mix well if the player puts the right ingredients in the bowl. Tippmanns arent made for speedball, everybody knos that, but that is y there r ups for the guns.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:00 PM   #13
splatmania
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to splatmania
exactly ...tippmanns are over priced for the amount of performance you get and upgrades are so expensive that by the time you get them running decent you have already spent 300

how can you say speed isn't important? especially if your playing with people who have more of a speedball gun. yes people do play pumps on speedball fields but everyone is using a pump...same performance.

OK here is what I'm basically trying to say you go onto a speedball field with a tippmann your going to get outgunned unless you spend a very large amount of money...

Last edited by splatmania : 02-26-2006 at 01:06 PM.
splatmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:24 PM   #14
robspar1
Paint Sponge

Send a message via ICQ to robspar1 Send a message via AIM to robspar1 Send a message via Yahoo to robspar1
IMO, Tippmann's are kinda like a Swiss Army Knife... They may not have the sharpest blade out there (and may not always be the perfect tool for the job), but they can work with anything, not to mention they're eff'in indestructable.

Theres lots of markers that are 'better' for speedball, but its hard to go wrong with a Tippmann... especially if this is your first marker.

Last edited by robspar1 : 02-26-2006 at 01:26 PM.
robspar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:44 PM   #15
Nate_H_2005

Send a message via MSN to Nate_H_2005 Send a message via Yahoo to Nate_H_2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by robspar1
IMO, Tippmann's are kinda like a Swiss Army Knife... They may not have the sharpest blade out there (and may not always be the perfect tool for the job), but they can work with anything, not to mention they're eff'in indestructable.

Theres lots of markers that are 'better' for speedball, but its hard to go wrong with a Tippmann... especially if this is your first marker.
I'm gonna have to agree with this post 100%

Tippmann Custom Pro
only up as of now is a Cyclone

06 Ion Pro
16" Progressive Barrel
Black Twister Feedneck
Micro Max Flow system with S Rail 47ci 3000psi tank
Egg2
NDZ QEV
SP Firebolt
Soon to come: T-Board

www.chasepb.com

Paintball is like drugs:
1. It costs too much money 2. It's very addicting 3. once you try it you can't get enough 4.You mostly get a rush and you can't wait to do it again 5. You always end up hurting the people around you.
(pbrascal37)
Nate_H_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:49 PM   #16
tippyjack

Quote:
exactly ...tippmanns are over priced for the amount of performance you get and upgrades are so expensive that by the time you get them running decent you have already spent 300

how can you say speed isn't important? especially if your playing with people who have more of a speedball gun. yes people do play pumps on speedball fields but everyone is using a pump...same performance.

OK here is what I'm basically trying to say you go onto a speedball field with a tippmann your going to get outgunned unless you spend a very large amount of money...
sry but that is a perfect example of a jealous noob coment. I can shoot 16-17bps on a custom pro is turbo mode or what ever the semi ramp mode is. That is faster than anyone can shoot with thier fingers so why does it matter.... Sure you can buy a Dm6 or a Timmy and shoot in the low twenties while ramping but it won't help you on the field.

Old 02-26-2006, 01:58 PM   #17
coonfizzle
Banned

Send a message via AIM to coonfizzle
Look at Seal's a-5, that thing would hold up great in speedball.
coonfizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:21 PM   #18
senghing27
My Spoon is Too Big

Send a message via AIM to senghing27
someone mentioned pump...... *Signals for sengy*
dude please keep note, speed is partly in sppedball. But like several have said, it's the player that makes it. Heck, i use my phantom 9/10 times, and i live to see the end of the game. And also, it's not always true that pumpers play against pumper, cuz i know that's not true with me.....
CCI:OT
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 03:21 PM   #19
Nate_H_2005

Send a message via MSN to Nate_H_2005 Send a message via Yahoo to Nate_H_2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippyjack
sry but that is a perfect example of a jealous noob coment. I can shoot 16-17bps on a custom pro is turbo mode or what ever the semi ramp mode is. That is faster than anyone can shoot with thier fingers so why does it matter.... Sure you can buy a Dm6 or a Timmy and shoot in the low twenties while ramping but it won't help you on the field.
are you kidding? I can pull 18-20 pulls a second with my fingers and don't need any egrip or that crap...it takes practice but it's easily attainable...seriously think before you type

Tippmann Custom Pro
only up as of now is a Cyclone

06 Ion Pro
16" Progressive Barrel
Black Twister Feedneck
Micro Max Flow system with S Rail 47ci 3000psi tank
Egg2
NDZ QEV
SP Firebolt
Soon to come: T-Board

www.chasepb.com

Paintball is like drugs:
1. It costs too much money 2. It's very addicting 3. once you try it you can't get enough 4.You mostly get a rush and you can't wait to do it again 5. You always end up hurting the people around you.
(pbrascal37)
Nate_H_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #20
tippyjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate_H_2005
are you kidding? I can pull 18-20 pulls a second with my fingers and don't need any egrip or that crap...it takes practice but it's easily attainable...seriously think before you type
lol, I hope you are joking.