pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > Pump / Stock Markers

Old 10-07-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
Magmoormaster
NUDE Shield thine eyes

Stock Class feed

How can I make a stock class feed? I know he whole PVC thing, but how can I make the end piece? I don't want a cap, cuz it would complicate the reload cycle more than I would like. Basically, I want the rubber thing that will feed, but won't let paintballs back out.
and truly see... and remember.

Late Knight Productions.
Magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
ZZ rai
The One and Only

There is a sticky in this section titled How to Build a Stock Class Stick Feeder.

But if you don't want the cap. I recommend you just build the feed block and stick the whole 10 round reloading tube into the feed block. That's what I do. It's fast, easy, and simple.

Last edited by ZZ rai : 10-07-2008 at 11:26 PM.
ZZ rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #3
Magmoormaster
NUDE Shield thine eyes

That's what I was thinking I would have to do. What size PVC do I need? I'm doing this on a M98; I'm goin to cut the feedneck so it will fit.

Late Knight Productions.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:48 AM   #4
ZZ rai
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmoormaster View Post
That's what I was thinking I would have to do. What size PVC do I need? I'm doing this on a M98; I'm goin to cut the feedneck so it will fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ. RaZoR -MR- View Post
This is a tutorial taken from the "taking stock" article of the September 2002 issue of APG magazine by Jason "Extreme" Klatt. If you have any questions.. his email address is clanklat@mc.net.

- Size: 3/4" inside diameter (i.d.) CPVC (the outside diameter must be 7/8") Now, notice i said "C-P-V-C", and not "PVC". The "C" on the front is very important. How much you will have to buy depends on the hardware store you purchase it from. Get more than you need. I went out and bought a whole 12 foot length and had them cut it into 2 pieces so that it would fit into my car. When i was making my stick feeders, i made quite a few. If you can, get only what you need for what you are doing at the time.

CPVC is great, as it will insulate your paintballs if you play where it's hot. It does not transfer heat very readily. However, the problem i have had with CPVC, is that the inside diameter was not perfectly round, and the balls were getting stuck. The solution.. well, at least in my case.. i bored out the inside of the CPVC out on a lathe. Now not all of you have access to a machine shop like I do, so you may have to have someone do if for you. If you can, try and make sure that your balls will fit the entire length of the piece that you will use. Some of my other friends didn't have the same problems as i did. Others have thought of using a Flex-hone to smooth the inside of the feeder. You may have to get creative... or: Copper tubing. This is an alternative to CPVC. Copper tubing is more reliably round than CPVC. Copper is tougher to cut, but it's not impossible by any means. Copper is a little more costly than CPVC, and it will transfer heat more. On a really hot day, say in Arizona, your paintballs could very well melt in your stick feeder if it is made of copper. A Flex-hone can smooth copper too.

When determining the length of your tube, always allow 1 or 2 balls in your calculations. if you want a 10 round stick feeder, figure out the distance of about 12 balls. (don't forget that 1 or 2 may sit in the elbow of the stick feeder, so the length may end up being only 10 balls long.) The reason for the extra space is that while in the middle of a game, you don't want to wait until you are completely out of paint to reload. By leaving room for a few extras, you can casually reload with your 10 round tube (with a few balls still left in the sick feeder) instead of waiting until you are completely out of paintballs, where you are more vulnerable.
Technically no. I don't have to cut your 98's feed neck. You can just put a short piece of pipping into the 98's 1in feedneck. Let part of it sticking out. Then attach that sticking out part with the feed tube's 1in adapter. All you have to do it tighten both of the 1in adapters and you're good to go. Just make sure you measure that piece of pipping correct.

Last edited by ZZ rai : 10-11-2008 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #5
Magmoormaster
NUDE Shield thine eyes

But that will look like crap. I'd rather just cut it, and epoxy the fitting on.

Late Knight Productions.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:23 AM   #6
ZZ rai
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmoormaster View Post
But that will look like crap. I'd rather just cut it, and epoxy the fitting on.
Not really, if you have the right length both adapters should sit on each other.

With epoxy, you will need to worry about the force you are exerting on to the whole feeder when you reload. If you don't do it correctly it will snap off during the game.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #7
sniperII

i made a stick feed for my sniperII also and for the end cap i took a 3/4" coupling and taped a milk cap to it tht i had cut in a similar pattern to tht of the phantoms end cap
sniperII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:49 AM   #8
Magmoormaster
NUDE Shield thine eyes

pics?

Late Knight Productions.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:08 AM   #9
sniperII

go to fox4 paintball .com and look in the gallery for september 21. the 4th and 7th pics.

u can kinda of see it in these pics here, im the one with the SniperII. i wish i could get u some better pics but i dont have any on a website, dunno how to do it.
sniperII is offline   Reply With Quote