pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Tribal

Old 09-01-2004, 05:18 PM   #1
Vaypourus
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Vaypourus
And I present to you, the Mephisto of all Mephistos!

Anyways, I present the newest addition to the tribe; my Warlorded, totally custom Unmilled Mephisto 2.2. Its been a 2 year work in progress, and I am finally happy to have it completed. Many thanks to Have Blue, who helped me along the way, supplied most of the parts, and made the break beam Warlord possible. Also, thanks to Marc @ Tarantula MFG. for the awesome milling and custom work. Also, many thanks to Edwin and Andy who both helped with parts, numerous annoying questions, and parts as well. These guys are testiment that the Tribe really does rock the Casbah. Anyways, here is the breakdown of whats been done to it; but first, a little history of how I aquired this gun.

I orginally bought a gold/black fluster 2.0 from Have Blue some 2 years ago. The gun worked flawlessly, but I decided to modify it with some upgrades. I bought an NW high rise, and upon removing the stock feedneck, I discovered that the feed neck threads had been completely stripped out. The stock feed tube was being held into place with a generous amount of JB Weld, an epoxy-like substance, and loctite. Have Blue was completely unaware of this, and agreed to swap out the body for another free of charge. He did not have another gold/black fluster body, however.....but he offered me an unmilled mephisto body he had instead. I accepted, and by luck, discovered that CrazyB had a gold/black fluster with a 2X Mephisto frame on it. He wanted the fluster frame to match the milling on the rest of his gun, and I wanted a 2X frame for my gun, so we made a strait up trade. Thats how I came upon the gun I now present to you

Heres a few of the parts that went inside of her

Rare Automag parts for sale!

N E R F P R I D E
It's like paintball only safer!
Vaypourus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 05:21 PM   #2
Vaypourus
Registered Member

First off, you will notice that the body and trigger frame are not milled down in any way. I liked the looks of the unmilled body and the frame, so I decided not to hack it up. There is actually a ton of work done to each though. The milling marks were very rough on both the trigger frame and the body, so I spent nearly 12 hours on each piece working out the marks by hand. Both are absolutely perfect; every mark, every scratch, every imperfection was polished out with a dremel, sandpaper, and/or a ton of mothers mag polish. It was worth every minute; you have to see this thing in person to get a true feel of what I am talking about. The upper tube id was also polished very lightly after anno to help reduce bolt friction. The trigger curves were rounded slightly to make a trigger that was a bit easier on the fingers. It has been milled to accept the magnetic trigger mod (version 1). The entire gun has been assembled using an ASP SS screw kit, an ASP SS grub screw kit, and an ASP o-ring kit, as well as Dow 33 and red, blue, and purple Permatex Loctite.

The entire gun was annodized Red Fusion by BoneBrake Airsmithing. Bournekiller worked out all the details; thanks bro! The fusion is similar to a red/black acid wash, but has a bit more depth to it. It is a phenomenal color and finish; pictures do it absolutely no justice. Nearly all of the visible parts on the gun were annodized in the same batch. It turned out very, very well even though it took nearly 2 months to come back after it had been sent.

N E R F P R I D E
Old 09-01-2004, 05:24 PM   #3
Vaypourus
Registered Member

I am using one of Edwin's teflon impregnated delrin shorty bolts with the blunt tip to help reduce roll back(although this isn't as much of an issue with the break beam eyes and Warlord). I milled down the pull pin due to the fact that the stock pin is fuuuuuuuuugly; I call it the Martini Glass pull pin. Not sure if I will continue to use this one on the mephy; I might do a different design for this gun and slap the Martini Glass on the Addicted, or the 2.2 Fluster I might be snagging....

N E R F P R I D E
Old 09-01-2004, 05:25 PM   #4
Vaypourus
Registered Member

The ram has been polished both on the inside of the ram as well as the ram shaft itself. Its a non-snap ring style ram. The ram itself is actually canibalized from 3 different rams; the hammer and ram body are from the original ram from the Fluster. The end cap is from a ram that Andy was gracious enough to trade with me (the original end cap had badly damaged threads) and the shaft was from a second ram that I had purchased. Installed is an ASP buffer kit. For the valve, I am using a Mac Dev Red Valve which is also unmodified. Replacing the stock AOC is the first style of ASP LPR adapter with a Palmer micro rock, both annodized to match the rest of the gun. The swivel 90 degree fitting made setup of this part very easy.

N E R F P R I D E
Old 09-01-2004, 05:28 PM   #5
Vaypourus
Registered Member

The guns electronics are none other than the ASP Warlord boardset, battery board, and ultralight trigger switch. About a year and a half ago, I asked Blue if he could setup an ICD PDS-like setup on the tribal. The secondary detent wouldn't allow the use of the stock ASP Warlord eye, and I liked the break beam setup better than the reflective eye setup anyways. HB came through for me with a modified Warlord that works with the break beam eyes. The board is using a pair 3 mm leds with a modified code and at least one other componant that was changed to work with the break beam eyes (I don't know the specifics). This is the first break beam Warlord setup as far as I understand; Blue worked about a year and a half on the modifications before I got it. Thanks again Mike The backplate has also been annodized to match the rest of the gun.

*I will have a picture of this soon; HB is putting the annodized backplate on for me.

N E R F P R I D E
Old 09-01-2004, 05:30 PM   #6
Vaypourus
Registered Member

For the vertical adapter, a Mac Dev short ASA was used simply because it was already drilled and tapped for a LP guage. One thing that I did not like about MD's design though, was the lack of the 015 down cap o-ring. Instead, Mac Dev uses a smaller o-ring that seals from inside of the ASA. I had my step father (who is also a machinist....how handy, eh?? ) machine a slot in the top of the ASA for the o-ring. Combined with the internal o-ring, its a very tight barrier. A 0-300 psi Mac Dev micro gauge lets me know what my HP pressure is.

N E R F P R I D E
Old 09-01-2004, 05:31 PM   #7
Vaypourus
Registered Member

I chose the Mac Dev Matchstick barrel kit for several reasons:

1.) The price was very nice for a 5 piece barrel setup.

2.) Mac Dev makes some great stuff, and all feedback I received about the barrel set was very positive.

3.) It looks totally sick on the gun. heh.

N E R F P R I D E
Old 09-01-2004, 08:34 PM   #8
schoolsukz08

Very very nice, but what are you using for grips? Now lets see some videos!
schoolsukz08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 05:58 AM   #9
Vaypourus
Registered Member

The grips are currently being made by Marc @ Tarantula MFG. They are of clear lexan, and are the same style as the eye covers.

I will have some videos up in about 2-3 weeks, once I really get it tuned in.

N E R F P R I D E
Old 09-02-2004, 06:42 AM   #10
jakesak
Versus God

Send a message via AIM to jakesak
Thanks for destorying my 56K connection Once again, looks great. Did those other grips ever pan out?(the ones with drawings in them)
jakesak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:10 PM   #11
Vaypourus
Registered Member

Yeah...sorry about that. I am going to resize those pictures in a few.

I am having that picture I drew engraved on the back of the grip panels, so you will be able to see it through the grips. They will be made of lexan. Hopefully it turns out nice.

N E R F P R I D E
Old 09-02-2004, 12:26 PM   #12
Vaypourus
Registered Member

Powering the whole gun is a '03 Mac Dev Conquest 68 4500 air system with the '04 upgrade top and '04 rebuild kit added. Couldn't ask for a better tank. The rail has been annodized with the gun, but the reg was not annodized to preserve its integrity. A red JT tank cover helps keep her scratch free.

N E R F P R I D E
Old 09-02-2004, 12:36 PM   #13
Vaypourus
Registered Member

The body was drilled and tapped for a secondary ball detent to help keep the Halo B from over-feeding the gun. Mac Dev teflon ball detents are used.

N E R F P R I D E
Old 09-02-2004, 12:36 PM   #14
Vaypourus
Registered Member

An AKALMP Sidewinder was choosen for the reg due to its high flow, reliability, comfortable feel, look, and ease of use (the swivelling base is really nice). It has been annodized as well.

N E R F P R I D E
Old 09-02-2004, 02:55 PM   #15
BourneKiller

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaypourus
The entire gun was annodized Red Fusion by BoneBrake Airsmithing. Bournekiller worked out all the details; thanks bro! The fusion is similar to a red/black acid wash, but has a bit more depth to it. It is a phenomenal color and finish; pictures do it absolutely no justice. Nearly all of the visible parts on the gun were annodized in the same batch. It turned out very, very well even though it took nearly 2 months to come back after it had been sent.
My pleasure. The anno is gorgeous. You should have done the reg of your Mac Dev tank, you know you should have.
Looking for a new paintball marker? Click Here! Looking for the 2007 Proto Matrix VII? Hustle Paintball has them!
BourneKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 03:37 PM   #16
can'tthink of1
word up

Send a message via AIM to can'tthink of1
Vayp, I love your marker, major props to you. I have a milled mephy, and I think the unmilled looks a gagillion times better. Personally I wouldn't have anno'd the tank reg either. Better in case you try to sell it, or something. Man, I really want to get my hands on a unmilled 2.2 mephy. I have my milled one, but it doesn't look appealing to the eyes, and I have my twister which I want to start getting parts for.
Tribal Owner's Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2f4
FAIL.
can'tthink of1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 05:05 PM   #17
Greedy
Uncertified A-5 Genius

Send a message via AIM to Greedy
I like it. Looks familiar though, like I've seen that before somewhere . . . . . .

If you have questions or comments for me contact me via the site below:
BRAND NEW FORUM FOR TIPPMANN OWNERS! Referrer: GrEEdY
BRAND NEW FORUM FOR ICD OWNERS! Referrer: GrEEdY
Tippmann A-5 DECALS READY TO SELL!!!!!
FEEDBACK
Greedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:01 AM   #18
snap shoot
L337

Send a message via AIM to snap shoot Send a message via Yahoo to snap shoot
Nice job. I can't wait to see the vids. I love the anno you did. .
snap shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:00 AM   #19
Vaypourus
Registered Member

Just received the feedtube back from cdarnell, who did a CCM clamping feedtube conversion. It turned out very well.
Attached Images To view attachments your post count must be 0 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

N E R F P R I D E
Old 09-21-2004, 07:29 PM   #20
Lord Delta
May 19th

Send a message via AIM to Lord Delta
Looks nice on there.
2k3 WGP VF autococker. Torpedo Reg, Micro Rock, Bomb 3-way, KAPP Fat Ram, 3:16 Valve, Worr Blade Bolt, KAPP hammer, KAPP Delrin Detent, Crossfire 68/4500 fiberwrapped, JnJ Edge Barrel Kit (blue/black), Black Halo-B.

Smart Parts Ion, JnJ Edge Barrel Kit, Check-it unimount, dye stickies, eclipse QEV, TheBetterOne trigger.

TSCOOS
Lord Delta is offline   Reply With Quote