pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 09-07-2004, 06:05 AM   #181
JRL

bait

It works for hunters. It'll work in paintball. Just leave a bag/pod of paint (or anything that looks like it from 10 feet). The trick is to make it look like it fell out so a pod 1/2 spilled works. Just hide in the bushes and pwn the newb who tries to get the free paint. Just be sure to have a good laugh about it in the safezone after the game.

--------------------
remember: Have fun and be safe.
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:23 PM   #182
TippmannFreak98
HAPPY i changed it

Send a message via ICQ to TippmannFreak98 Send a message via AIM to TippmannFreak98
hey

Tactic. Avoid getting shot in the nuts (guys) and crouch when you run and walk. don't get to close to the bunker u have, because u have less room to move in. Knees are the best to like see side to side pro-style like. And never run far then u can handle in the bigginning on the game. Yeah so have fun!
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 2XS
That was a stupid post. Get the hell off these forums.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- the only stupid question is the one not asked...
GO YANKEES!!! THEY RULE!
TippmannFreak98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:12 PM   #183
Pistolero2112
Diablo II is Cool

My tactic.

In both games(Scenario and Speedball), be quiet, observative, and patient. Because someone will be too caught up in the action run right past you or not see you, and then you can shoot them. Or stay in one spot where no one can see you and probably won't find you, and watch for people to come closer to you, and wait for them to get close.
Fact: Anyone that complains about friends being "whipped" has never had a girlfriend. They assume that any change in a schedule is a male sacrificing all he has to appease a demanding girlfriend. What they fail to understand is that anyone that has been with a woman would invariably prefer to make out in his back seat instead of watching his smelly friends play HALO and talk about boobs.
Pistolero2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 04:15 PM   #184
ctr57138
ChicagoCataclysm FrontMan

i thought this would be tournament tactics... maybe not? since people are saying "sneak up behind the enemy... i dint read the entire thread, but i read a couple to many "sneakings" yea, um, that doesnt usually work... cuz the other team has a backman... but my teams strategy is 3 man- 1 front 2 mids or 2 front 1 mid/back (mostly 2 fronts) one guy in snake and one guy going up other side to cross-up snakes side... and 5-man is still to come because we havent had the tryouts for our team yet.. there in 2 weeks.

Last edited by ctr57138 : 11-01-2004 at 04:38 PM.
ctr57138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 04:46 PM   #185
rainofpaint
Got E?

3 man tactics (Depending on opposition encountered)

Back/Mid/Front config: Backman lays down a hail of paint off the break, walking to the nearest bunker, preferably the one with the greatest amount of field coverage to keep opponent heads either down or mark 'em out (1 case, 1 kill) Mid travels to the 50 or 40, takes out anyone silly enough to try to move while the backman sprays paint, frontman bunkers the people hiding.

Mid/front/front config: Aggressive tactics for elusive players. Mid acts as a more aggressive version of the backman, moving to the near 60 firing as he moves, left front and right front wrap the field, going up the sides laying down a crossfire on targets designated by the mid (anything he can't lay a clean rope on.) Preferable to have both fronts gang up on and cross up a single player, moving from opponent to opponent in a clean sweep, mid takes the flag while the fronts clean up the last guy.

Mid mid front config: Fast covering fire tactics, mids move up the field and cross up a firing line, laning anything that moves, targetting anyone that decides to stick their head out. Frontman nabs the flag and snap-shoots targets of opportunity. Mid mid front tactic usually keeps both mids out of the bunkers, and keeps the opponents behind their own 40 line from the break.

Back Back Mid config: Two backs firing off the break, mid hangs at the near 40 or 50 and snap-shoots. Not often used, but good to deter aggressive players, horribly defensive however, and doesn't allow for field advances to the flag, We use this against players that rush our near 60 off the break to cover a flag carrier, crossing up and laning their fronts as they rush, with the mid focusing entirely on the flagrunner.

And the almost never used front/front/front config, for when it absolutely, positively has to be an elimination in the first three minutes of the game. Use your imagination.

Quote:
Originally posted by j_elmore44
sorry i dont take time to search the website before i post stuff
rainofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:17 PM   #186
zeroeswing
barrel tagger

just something funny......

make an co2 powered (regulated) air cannon that shoots shells with
paintballs (20 or so)and shells with gernades
have a dude with a bag full of shells who reloads you quickly
he should also have two Zeuses so you don't waste shells on single
players who get close (ouch)
sneak around taking out huge groups and forts with 20 rnd shells and
gernade shells

Maybe not the best, but it would be hellza fun!!!

also if you have a camoed gun in the woods with a bipod, lay down in
some brush with camo of course that matches the brush

wait for peeps to come by not too close and snipe
need a bipod for this cause it gets tiring and you don't wanna move too
much or at all so it will be hard to see you

Would you believe me if I said I've had ninja-like stealth in a bright blue shirt in woodsball? Well I have. That's just how sneaky I am

Tippmann 98c: Hammerhead
DOP Rocket Cock II
Superfly bolt
Pro f/x Sniper stock
ACI HPA Remote
Lite Titanium Hammer
Lapco direct feed
Lapco raised sight rail
Brass Eagle( ) red dot sight (it sucks)

Stabilizer(someday)

Last edited by zeroeswing : 11-18-2004 at 01:22 PM.
zeroeswing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 05:05 PM   #187
Pistolero2112
Diablo II is Cool

Be patient. The best tactic is to think and plan out your maneuver. The best defense is a good offense.
Fact: Anyone that complains about friends being "whipped" has never had a girlfriend. They assume that any change in a schedule is a male sacrificing all he has to appease a demanding girlfriend. What they fail to understand is that anyone that has been with a woman would invariably prefer to make out in his back seat instead of watching his smelly friends play HALO and talk about boobs.
Pistolero2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 06:18 PM   #188
BunkerBuddy_666
The never ending debate

The best defence is a good offence.

if ur playing a game where u have to defende something(castle, flag,person), u should attack the other team instead of just sitting there waiting to be tagged. put up a slowly moving parameter like a half circle. when you start, all run out into oppsate directions and try to form a half circle to cover all of ur sides. everyone should slowly advance, comunicating wit all of the players so everyone knows what part of the half circle the opposition is trying to penatrate. and if anyone thinks they might see someone campingout somewhere, get only one person to fire a couple timesat it, and if it makes noise,moves,screams,shoots back,cires, or whatever, just get everyone that has a clear shot to lay ropes of paint down untill it puts up its marker calling themselves out. if this doesent work, get everyone to shoot at the bunker, than send 1 person to bunker that person camping out.

for speedball
get 2 people in front and cross it up at the 50. 1person in the snake crawling to the other side, to get behind them and tag them. and 2 people as backmen to basicly shoot at any bunker the opponent is behind. if the number of people are larger in the team, ie: (10 players) have 4 backmen,4Front, and 2 snake. and if u have an uneven number of players, ie: 11, tell one noob to go suicide.
Empire Reloader B
72/3000 Pure Energy HPA Tank
80 Cubic ft scuba silver fill station
ULP 50/50 ram shot count (just for you SP) 5000

Laptop fund: 300/1000
BunkerBuddy_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 03:09 PM   #189
anatine
<('_')> <('_'<) (>'_')>

1)get really good at shooting while you run and when your good at it. shoot to keeep heads down and run as close as you can (this strategy works best with a farly loud gun but not loud enough so they can tell where you are) to them and light them up this strategy works very well very often (maybe not against pros never played pros yet im a nov)

2)if you find yourself stuck behind a bunker make sure you cant get bunkered and shoot even if you dont know where they are (like i said keep there heads down)

3) and a good defence is always better than a good offence

4)think about what your about to do paintball is 80%mental and 20% phisical (always helps to scare your compotition)
anatine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 06:13 PM   #190
dyekid_11
recognize tsunami victims

when you get good at this you will always have a chance in a game. snapshooting! snapshooting is this is the best paintball skill you could have and wait wait wait.... please don't flame if you disagree.
dyekid_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 08:39 PM   #191
buffaugust

if you know where a player is, wait for them to pop around/under/over their cover and shoot a few shots as soon as you see them... it will hold them down and you may get lucky! it's called spot shooting by my friends. also, don't be afraid to move around. you may get shot some of the time, but you'll get used to it. if you can outflank someone you're automatically in a better position!

not really a tactic but part of planning: make sure your faster players run further... i've been left stranded with no cover because my faster players get to the first bunker and won't move. also, if you have inexperienced players, give them the option of staying toward the back, so that they won't be as afraid.

superior planning is always the best way to go... make sure everyone knows the game plan and make sure you know your team if possible. if someone is afraid to go forward, let them stay back. if someone is a fast runner, try to let them go forward if they are willing. overall, suit your tactics to your team.
buffaugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 10:37 AM   #192
Ebonclaw
Registered Member

I've turned the feed off of my gun and dry fired, indicating I was out of paint if I'm in a snapshoot fest that's going nowehere. Then I conveniently switch the feed back on after dry firing about three rounds, pop out, and nail the unsuspecting guy coming to bunker me.

Has worked many times for me.

"Accuracy by volume is still accuracy nonetheless."
Ebonclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 12:21 PM   #193
p_ballermatt98
True Gritt

Send a message via AIM to p_ballermatt98
The best tactic in my opinion is.... DON'T BE AFRAID!

Just get out there and shoot, don't sit behind a bunker or sit and shoot in one place the whole game. Show some ambition, it'll intimidate the other team. This is aimed mostly towards newbies though, I can't say much for any level after that.

Origionaly posted by UTLadiesMan: Remember that movie Willow? Yeah, that was better than this thread.
p_ballermatt98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 02:12 PM   #194
crazyballer205

one tactic that i hade my backman do was when we scrimed teams my front and mid got guns and the back man didnt.and all the backman could do was talk tell us were he was at.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:07 AM   #195
RTC

Camping

I think one of the best tactics in woodsball is to find a nice wooded area and covered on all sides with total concealment. Poke your barrel through a hole in the bushes and just sit and wait for someone to come by. But I would only recommend doing this if there are a lot of ppl playing like 10 on 10 or more. otherwise half the time, no one ever comes by that spot. We play out at a forest we found on some private property in the middle of nowhere. Its heavily wooded and lets me use this tactic a lot. Just dont stay in one spot too long after you shoot soimeone cuz you will either get found by someone else when they tell them or no one will go by there anymore. This also works good if youve been running around the whole game and need a breather. You can still light someone up! Oh and only do this if you really know what your doing! cuz you dont want to get lit up because someone knows youre there and you dont know it.

Last edited by RTC : 01-13-2005 at 09:09 AM.
RTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 05:26 AM   #196
localpaintball
MURDER!!!

Quote:
This is a tactic that takes balls, and usually only on woods fields. Pretend that you have been shot, but do not raise your hand or hold up your gun or anything else that says you're out. Just walk through the field with your gun down. People will think that you're out and you can walk around freelly. It works in senarios multiple times, but other places it may only work once a day.
HA! Thats works, someone did that to me in a game. i never saw it coming, and its legal, because it doesnt necesarily mean ur out if ur just walkin around. i think someone at my local field has been reading this thtread....

-I Like Paintball
-Quiero paintball
-Ik hou van paintball
-J'aime paintball
-Amo il paintball

localpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:23 AM   #197
BrutalLlama1289
Home sweet home

i think the best thing to do on open fields or even some speed ball fields is to have a pivot man, someone who is reasonably experienced, can hold his own in most cirumstances, and wont cry for help when he/she gets shot at. then the two wings work off the piviot man or people and close in to flank. this generally works because most people ten to get jumpy and only look and fire at the person righ infront of them.
Attached Images To view attachments your post count must be 0 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.
BrutalLlama1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:05 PM   #198
edthehead83
the antigovernmentalist

Send a message via AIM to edthehead83
the best strategy that i use is go with a group of about 8 or 10 ppl. play the part of the "wing". stay away from the enemy from about 2 hundred feet. try to b far away enuff that u can either c the paintballs coming and can dodge them, or they dont kno u r there. if they dont kno were u r...then shoot em. this tactic works better wen the oposing team is defensive and have a small fort or bunker to hold.

p.s. u mainly wanna stay in a trench or a steep hill (ca. 120*)

I don't like people who threaten to kill us if we don't vote. Think of the children!!
edthehead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:15 PM   #199
edthehead83
the antigovernmentalist

Send a message via AIM to edthehead83
"This is a tactic that takes balls, and usually only on woods fields. Pretend that you have been shot, but do not raise your hand or hold up your gun or anything else that says you're out. Just walk through the field with your gun down. People will think that you're out and you can walk around freelly. It works in senarios multiple times, but other places it may only work once a day."

i dont kno who origanally posted it, thats y i couldnt get a "real" quote. anyway; that would never happen at my local paintball field, anybody on the opposing team without a barrel plug - light them up; like a college bong !!
the refs would consider it cheating; theyre not "technical" refs theyre ppl with opinions (unlike some of the places ive been to, some of those refs r jerks)

I don't like people who threaten to kill us if we don't vote. Think of the children!!
edthehead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 05:34 PM   #200
Tronix
GuNniN 4 u

Talking Taking their place

I love this although it is hard to pull off and u usually need a ref watching but heres what you do.

The game start run up as far as you can wait till you can bunker someone and kinda sit where they were faceing your team and move backwards like your retreating till you got a few off them are in ur view and let her rip and start taking them out... very hard to pull off but really funny after it's done i got shot both times doing it but got about 3 ppl each time
Tronix is offline   Reply With Quote