pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 06-29-2005, 05:41 PM   #221
paintballa_1313
Banned

anything in this might be in another post, because i was too lazt to read them all.

First send out the noob as a decoy but make your plan sound good, like it would really work.

Next is try good camo such as ghillie suits. A great camo website is cabelas.com They are very cheap with camo and don't buy the cheapest camo you can find , it will rip.

Using hand signals helps. It helps lower sound. The milatary uses them. Just use a few basics though, such as stop, go, follow me,cover me, i'm covering you, it's clear, or any thing else you might need. They don't have to be like the ones the seals use, but your own, and make them all very differnt of you may get confused an do the wrong thing which could cost you a tourney.

This one is my favorite for one reason. I used it while ding-dong ditching at 3:00 int the morning. You keep a few rocks in your pocket (not in the same pocket so they are rattling). Well in ding-dong ditching if the person comes looking for you you throw a rock and they go in that direction. Then you can run, but in paintball you set them up for a shot.

A few common sense ones (but there are people out there with-out it)are things like stay low, use your cover, pick up your feet don't drag them, walk on bare spots in the woods to minimaze tig breakage (mossy spots, grass). Leaves may be considered a bare spot but unless they are wet, they will crunch.

Camping is a good way of not being detechted. But if you have to move try cover and move with two or three at the most guys not 10.

Everything else should be easily done by you. LIke if your by your self or with one other guy don't shoot into a pack of 15 guys.
paintballa_1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:26 PM   #222
triggerhappym
OWNED!!!!

IF your behind a building in woodsball and you are totally pinned down wait until the person pinning you down gives themself cover fire and sneak all the way around the building in a low crouch or crawl so that you reach the other guy just as he is going around the corner to where he thinks you are (oh look a noob!) jump out and shoot. I got some guy in the mask totally covering it in paint.
ANGEL A.I.R. 47/4500
Evil Pipe Kit
2004 Pro Stock Autococker
Worr Blade Trigger Frame w/ ZeroB Board
Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper
You could always boil your cat to get rid of any fleas...
triggerhappym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 02:47 PM   #223
slaminator3323
Final Fantasy 8 Rocks

Don't get shot.
Kila magnetic detents
NDZ Saw trigger
CP two piece
Smoke Reloader B
Jungle Fighters
Got a Tadao board and 360 QEV and haven't played paintball in over a year,(I have bad withdrawals).
slaminator3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 08:14 AM   #224
PB_Sniper_Monke
^suppost to be monkey :(

ok, this is for 3v3. since noone ever plays 3v3 anymore, its kinda usless, but it can be adapted. its good.i mean, when we did 5 versus five, we were all newbs, playing a tourny lvl team with $1000 guns (all but t wo of us had rentals) and only one person got out. me . Ok, player one takes the far left, runs loud and faster, never stops shooting. make people pay attention to them. the second goes through the middle, and fires at the left side of people, so they won't wanna move that way. odds ar, they will also be paying attention to person 1., who keeps pressure on them always. person 3 sneaks around the left side, not taking alot of shots, and staying hidin. eventually, since the people will be focusing on the other people, he will be close enough to touch them. open up when you have the right shot and bam. game over. when i did use this with 3v3, i was the sneaker, and i got within 2 feet of one guy, and of another (i bunker the, both

98% of american teenagers have tried pot. if u are part of the 2% that hasnt, put this in ur sig-started by dubis07

Originally posted by Ebonclaw
Seriously, where do you live? I need to find you and hit you with a trout.

Originally posted by Someday1188
*blows dust off owning stick* *cracks knuckles*
PB_Sniper_Monke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 03:20 PM   #225
tippyballa77
Banned

If I'm playing a small game i pin my man and I sometimes get some cover and run at them and shoot like in speedball.
tippyballa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 04:40 PM   #226
happy_baller

Send a message via AIM to happy_baller
The PB Blitzkrieg

I got a little strategy for ya scenario genrals out there I call it (see topic for info). It is best used when attacking a deffended position. For this type of attack ya need a large body of infantry(do not use any one you can't live without) and a handful of tanks. You first send in a large number of infantry on a suicidal charge(buy leave some for your tanks) at the position the attack should end up in heavy losses but once your guys fall back it should demorolize the enemy. Then your tanks charge the position with the infantry behind them for support. The charge should break thier lines pretty easily. Once you take it hold it with the tanks and infantry until the guys eliminated earlier reinsert. This plan is a daring and bold it might win ya a game and might lose you a game.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:58 PM   #227
pyrojoe11

i know from experience about this

never stay where you are for long

play aggresively

dont be afraid of getting hit

if you are on a 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 and pinned
always keep your head up and be ready for your opponents to make a move, because if they move perpindicular to you they wont be very accurate and youll be expectingthem and eliminate them...also this give you an advantage cuz youll be watching them and will lay fire on them so they wont move that gives you the chance to make a move on them with out them realizing it so when they pop out to shoot you, they will be expecting you on the last bunker a you can pop them right in the gogg

A 98 custom
response trigger
2x trigger
9 volt revvy
12 14 and 24 oz c02
proto switch mask
05 proto pack

ION coming soon
pyrojoe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:02 PM   #228
IronCorps
Banned

Send a message via AIM to IronCorps Send a message via Yahoo to IronCorps
Be patient. If you are playing in a private group, tell your guys to wait for the enemy to walk right on top of them.

Bordom WILL set in after a few minutes for the enemy.

Attack when they are relaxed.

Attack from behind.

Use a marker besides a blade/talon lol

Dont stream paint in the woods, it gives you away.
IronCorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:38 AM   #229
pyrojoe11

Pincer movement and leapfrog always rock

also somewhere on the specops website they have soem amazing stategies

A 98 custom
response trigger
2x trigger
9 volt revvy
12 14 and 24 oz c02
proto switch mask
05 proto pack

ION coming soon
Old 08-10-2005, 09:24 AM   #230
slaminator3323
Final Fantasy 8 Rocks

Yeh those stratagies are also common sense.
Kila magnetic detents
NDZ Saw trigger
CP two piece
Smoke Reloader B
Jungle Fighters
Got a Tadao board and 360 QEV and haven't played paintball in over a year,(I have bad withdrawals).
slaminator3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:16 AM   #231
pyrojoe11

true

A 98 custom
response trigger
2x trigger
9 volt revvy
12 14 and 24 oz c02
proto switch mask
05 proto pack

ION coming soon
Old 08-28-2005, 07:29 AM   #232
automagsrock68
save a tree remove a bush

Send a message via AIM to automagsrock68
lone wolf, and flank 'em
automagsrock68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 04:18 PM   #233
Dead Aim77
Overkill

Just a Theory

For Woodsball 5v5 have 2 go far left and 2 go far right and the person with the loudest gun and best skills goes up the middle. Most people on the other team will focus on him while the other 2 groups meet up 20 yards away from the farthest enemy player. then they sneak in to flank. And if you are lucky your distraction guy would have at least taken out one guy to make it 4v4 behind them. Then as soon as they flank them the distraction will come up and bunker them if possible.

Tell me if this is a good strategy or not?
Old 09-02-2005, 05:21 PM   #234
IronCorps
Banned

Send a message via AIM to IronCorps Send a message via Yahoo to IronCorps
heres the best phrase to live by, "When in doubt, shoot it out."
IronCorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:11 PM   #235
IsaactheRetard
i love my bad spellin

Send a message via AIM to IsaactheRetard Send a message via Yahoo to IsaactheRetard
i love to be sneaky and keep movin
IsaactheRetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 07:48 PM   #236
asasin

my favorite tactic to do is-------when your opponet is behind a bunker keep him down by shooting about 20 balls, then when they are down run like a bat outa hell, right next to a guys bunker and shoot him.
asasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 07:50 PM   #237
gnurider1080

i love bunkering people when they have total tunnel vision and dont even notice me until they get shot and look up. did that a few times tonight. not bad for my first time playing in nearly 2 years.
gnurider1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:25 AM   #238
meetmrnewb
More Ovaltine please!

Send a message via AIM to meetmrnewb
Snapshooting with both hands. It does wonders, even if you can only hit 4-7bps in your offhand.
meetmrnewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:43 PM   #239
tippmannmandan
Happy Holidays

A team I was on was made semi-famous for this technique called "Strike Force Tachone"

Any way we were playing woodsball in a L shaped field with a heavily fortifed fortess in the center, and the flags were at the respective teams base on the wings of the L. We divided our team into thirds and hade one of the thirds (codename Strike Force Tachone). The strike force was supposed to slowly move up the the fortress and take it if at all possible and could call on another one of the thirds (codename Pivital) to press for the enemy's base. However the strike force met heavy resistance at the fortress as expect the other team was trying a bum rush. Me and my Sergent Tony instructed the rest of our army to spread out lay down about 30 feet away from the flag in a large cresent. Once laying down they covered themselves with leaves and underbrush. We waited for about 3/4 of the enemy army to come into the center of the crecent and take the flag then we signal for attack. Imagine if you can 30 guys that were totaly unprepared with no cover vs 25 guys who were prepared and attaking from every angle. We lost about 6 guys in that fight we then I then left Tony and 5 other guys with the flag and moved the rest of the army to the enemy base. The enemy base having thought we were trying to sweep around the back of them had set up a large rear guard and was totally caught unprepared by 20 guys attacking at once in a large entrapping manuver. It was the best game ever.
Halo TSA Frontman, SP Firebolt, Hybrid Contract Killer Grips

PBReview feedback
PBNation feedback
tippmannmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 03:25 PM   #240
bruc3
pump. pow. pump.

my favorite tactic is to shoot at people and hit them......or make a dive past there bunker and get into one behind them if they are last on team