pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 01-09-2007, 02:44 AM   #281
blakf0x
From the dark...

Send a message via AIM to blakf0x Send a message via Skype™ to blakf0x
pwning?
blakf0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:05 PM   #282
PaintballBenny
Pimp My Rail

Send a message via MSN to PaintballBenny
Move up the side and pick off the back/middle players. After that the front players will be surrounded and will have nowhere to hide.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:50 AM   #283
kingcrunkness
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to kingcrunkness
Talking

When you hide and waiting to ambush a squad make sure u have a clear field of fire. One time when i was playing woods ball. I was waiting to ambush a squad. One of them was running really fast and I was like thats to hard of a shot, but then he stopped and went down to tie his shoe. Bad idea. He had his vest on and i shot him right between it in the side. he yelped! really funny. So when u ambush sombody make sure you dont hit branches and have a good aim
kingcrunkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #284
greydemise
lucky furby

personally, i've found that lowering your gun and then just waving at your opponent really , REALLY throws them off (woodsball). ive done this several times and made opponents waste so much ammo, that i run up while they're reloading, or at least switch positions (making sure they dont see you), so that when they pop up aiming at where you were a second ago, BANG, instant flank ...with style points!
pmi green tube with a clear tube, and 2 tube harness ( 32 degrees.), and a 32 degrees throat guard
blue and black raven gloves, blue and black raven jersey with FURBY on it
did i mention my pods have stickers too? DUH! each sticker is +1 to a random stat!!..oh the jersey adds +5 to all major stats, +10 agility as well
...dark blue and black v-force shield mask, too
greydemise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:43 AM   #285
fcatman
Team .68 Assassins

Cool Best tactics - you decide

This stick has plenty of good advice - use what applies to you I suppose. Here's my 2 cents:

ALWAYS THINK AND PLAN YOUR ACTIONS:

Shoot with a purpose.
-cover fire.
-keeping heads down.
-getting somebody out.
-distraction.
-etc....
Move with a purpose.
-to get a better angle.
-to get out of trouble.
-to get in a position to help a teamate.
-distraction.
-to better see your opponents / surroundings.
-etc...

I've found that once I learned to "act with a purpose", I could move on to strategies and tricks and the like.
fcatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:18 PM   #286
Shifter19
Run away, little birdie

Send a message via AIM to Shifter19
if im playin with freinds and have invited someone new whos on my team, ill have them follow me. That way when we meet up with someone early in the game, ill send the noobie to run one direction while i loop around the other side.

While the other guys thinks he can pick him off then go for me, i bunker him in the back before he gets a shot off. Either that or he'll turn around to get me, and the noob will get his first kill! Can work over and over, just not on the same person

Last edited by Shifter19 : 02-25-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Shifter19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:44 PM   #287
Volksjager06

Bait and Switch-

One man runs through the open past his teammate, who is waiting to snag anybody pursuing the runner. Tends to work though about a quarter of the time the bait'll get pummelled...
-NDZ Slik trig
-Limited Ed. 187NBK Hybrid grips
-Silver CP Shorty Reg
-Black&Silver SP Q-Lock Feedneck
-NOX bolt / NDZ HE black firing can
-'08 Hybrid Quarter-turn Bleeder ASA / Hybrid Rail
Upped Black SP Ion
Volksjager06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:47 PM   #288
us pball
Banned

when your about to bunker them shoot a lane on the side of the bunker ur going to go on and then let em have it also dont run as fast as u can if hes the last one left take ur time and aim
us pball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:50 AM   #289
METALLICAT
Pro Paint Shucker

Playing woodsball what I do, and it has served me quite well is to;

First run to an over looking bunker: It comes in handy when your at a bunker that overlooks most of the feild. I stay there for about 5 mins or so yelling out where the Opposition is. Then once ive figured out where the Oppsition is/or are going i find my next bunker.
Then i bassically Bunker hopp back and forth the feild. What can i say, im inpatient.

1. They dont ever know where your going to be next. Because well, if you stay at a bunker and dissapear for about 2 minutes (they ignore you) then run to your next bunker, they still think your at the one before it.
2. Most wont pay attention to you if your running away from the action. They see you and then focus on the enemy cloest to them, Which is a good techniqe for Flanking.

I find that being a Rouge or just being with perhaps one other person is a great way to stay in the game and get some kills. While the rest of the team is fighting off the other team, 2 or so guys swoop around, or up the hill for the kills, all the while being "Shadow men", as in "WHERE THE EFF DID YOU COME FROM!?"

If you like movieng around alot, find another guy to pair up with. Talk to eachother, spread out, then meet up later, chances are you will be the last of your teamates anyway, then Follow eachother from there once most of the Opposition is gone.
Bt Tactical Barrel
Apex Barrel
Q-Loader
Backup
Spyder Vs2 with infinity trigger
Eggy 3
J&J Edge Elite Kit
METALLICAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:12 AM   #290
erictangness

For Speedball, this is a mistake I notice in a lot of players.

When your changing bunkers, don't try to shoot while running. All it does is slow you down, and you won't hit anything since you can't really aim while moving anyway.

Basically, just sprint, and don't worry about shooting.

Edit: fuzzyllama's right about shooting near the end of a game. I meant this more for during the main part of the game.

Last edited by erictangness : 06-03-2007 at 09:33 AM. Reason: fuzzyllama's point
erictangness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:20 AM   #291
fuzzyllama
1 Ball. 1 Shot. 1 Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictangness View Post
For Speedball, this is a mistake I notice in a lot of players.

When your changing bunkers, don't try to shoot while running. All it does is slow you down, and you won't hit anything since you can't really aim while moving anyway.

Basically, just sprint, and don't worry about shooting.
I am yes and no to this statement-Yes, because you need to get cover, and chances are you arent doing anything (especially if you play front). NO, because if there is one guy oin the oppoisite team, you can shoot at his bunker/him while running up to keep him behind the buinker and then wam he's flanked. If you outnumber the opposing team by a good amount, i say run and shoot as long as you arent being totally stupid about it. otherwise, just run

September 23 2007...The Day I was 1st quoted...by PW

I am interested in an Autococker. If you have one in good condition that you would like to give/sell cheap for me, lmk
fuzzyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:45 AM   #292
rgeesey
ralph geesey

i like to crawl even if it is underated its a good way to sneak up on the enemy. alos leapfroging from one place to the other with a teamate i have found to work very well when trying to advance
Old 06-10-2007, 10:16 AM   #293
JChan819
Track enthusiaist. :-D

In woodsball, I run down the tape line, and flank whoever I can. Makes for great fun.

Jimbo's the name, don't wear it outtt!
JChan819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:57 AM   #294
GaNjA HiTMaN
P'Ballin OG'r (RIP OG)

Woods here, wearing camo. IMO more or less 2 ways to go in...

1) Lone Wolf, 2) group/squad/partner...

On #1 - If I find myself alone, either thru partner's elimination, he takes off, or just lone wolfing it, I tend to creep very slowly in a low crouch with frequent (every few meters) stops to hold dead still and listen for movement. Step carefully, noise is a no no...

You can sneak up on quite a few this way, but make sure you have a team ID code if there's no armbands incase some of your guys run way ahead to prevent friendly fire incidents. (ie. "Thunder"... "Storm" etc.) I'm older, and prefer to walk, not charge into the woods... why get all winded, and maybe even run into an ambush?

I will also head towards any firefights heard in this way, and try to sneak up and shoot the opponents. But you're in trouble if you encounter a group, they'll just pull (see #2 below) on you. One on one - shoot and move while they duck, hopefully they did not see, and pop out aiming/shooting at your previous location while you post from another location. If so - whammo, easy kill...

On #2, I like "cover and move". Our squad moves at a similar pace, loosely spread - but within eyesight of each other. When opponents are encountered, some ppl engage and keep their attention/heads down while others flank the occupied opponents, get good shots and take 'em out from the sides.

Both have worked well, and both have failed at times, as there are many parameters involved...

Peace

Tippmann Pro-E/"Winpex"/Razzor barrels/Cyclone feed/X7 hopper/Coil remote w QD+SC/24 oz co2/Tacamo carstock/custom foregrip/raised rail/Tasco reddot 1x30

WGP Prostock '04
50/3000 Worrgas HPA
Ricochet Apache
GaNjA HiTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:55 AM   #295
John 15:13
Green in Autumn

Send a message via AIM to John 15:13
I enjoy staying hidden(I play woodsball), belly crawling whever I go. It takes me 30 mins to go 100 yards or so. Hey, it works. I get an average of 9 kills for 3-4 games, and I never get out doing it.
John 15:13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:23 AM   #296
some person
Revelation Paintball

one thing ive noticed that people do is when im shooting at them, they go back into their bunkers even if my shots arent going to hit them (usually this happens from far away since paintballs arent 100% accurate) most of the time you can actually watch the paint coming at you and if its not headed right for you, stay out and keep shooting at the other team, but youve got to be careful about it.

SHOCKERS RULE (((O)))

20 bps means nothing unless you can hit something with it
SP progressive for sale
spyder threads, perfect condition
pm me
some person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:01 AM   #297
Hawkeye1050
Young Gun Paintballer

Send a message via AIM to Hawkeye1050
Shoot the other team before they shoot you

Really, just stay close into your bunker, and keep your cool.
I used the honey from the bear container and mixed it with water to make it slick. Is that bad?
Blue Invert Mini
Black/Blue Smart Parts Ion
Vlocity, PE 68/4500
Hawkeye1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:15 PM   #298
xJakex77
do work son

Send a message via AIM to xJakex77
to see around corners with the littlest target if u lean back a little bit like ur going to lay down(but don't lay down) u can lean a little to ur sides and get a big area of view with a very small target. You can also shoot like this too.
xJakex77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:36 PM   #299
wabango$
*sigh*

Send a message via AIM to wabango$ Send a message via MSN to wabango$
act like a sausage link.

wabango$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:55 PM   #300
xJakex77
do work son

Send a message via AIM to xJakex77
Don't get to close to ur bunker. If u stay about 10 -12 inches away from ur bunker you'll be able to see more and it'll also be easier to shoot around corners. If you're to close to ur bunker ur at a disadvantage because you have to get in awkward positions to shoot
xJakex77 is offline   Reply With Quote