pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 07-14-2007, 12:14 PM   #301
pacman552SD
socom 2 rocks

when capturing a base or castel befor the game starts tell your team once u reach the enemy base that u will yell a code word and when you yell that u want everyone to light up the enemy base well u try and run in to pwn the other team
14' EDGE KIT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkHCDkYkYnk
pacman552SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #302
Canadarules

Send a message via MSN to Canadarules
(especially if a real pro-*** guy tells u 2 and ur playin elemination)just get the whole team 2 book it (run 4 ur dear life) as fast as they can till they get to the back of the field and spred out a bit only a bit on that side. then just keep pickin those lil *******s off
Canadarules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:47 AM   #303
broke

Exclamation

Simplist tactic in woodsball run like **** then dive for cover when ur getting shot at

Or bring a lot of masks in a bag and when your down to two men place them at your base so that the other guys think u have more ppl
broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:42 PM   #304
Brianofontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke View Post
Simplist tactic in woodsball run like **** then dive for cover when ur getting shot at

Or bring a lot of masks in a bag and when your down to two men place them at your base so that the other guys think u have more ppl

hah broke, i'm actually really tempted to do that....

A good way to get a definite kill, though it can be a bit slow, is ambushing people. You're in the woods, take advantage of the undergrowth.
-20 oz co2 w butt plate
-homemade bipod
Ariakon Overlord RX
92 percent of teens went to rap music. If you are part of the 8 percent that stuck with rock, put this in your signature.
Brianofontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #305
kapriece

Missdirection works as well. Using several runner's as bait, divide the opposing team, luring them into pre-planned positions to expose their flanks. This works well when you understand the field and the opposing team's tendacies.
Everybody's The Enemy
KILL S@#T
kapriece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:12 AM   #306
DeductedPie

Yes, I agree, but I play in the woods where it's flat and there's close to no foliage. We play 1 on 1 games, so I can't really flank. I suggest opening up on them, and then sprinting for cover, until you have a better shooting position.
DeductedPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:33 PM   #307
Boblord
Weeaboo

I'll keep my best tactics to myself. Trade secrets 'n stuff. I'll make a list of everything else I can think.

1. Communication - I've learned from experience a long time ago that communication with teammates will win or lose the game. I've been surrounded, flanked, and teamkilled all because I didn't communicate with my team. If your team doesn't communicate with you, it could lead to you being isolated, surrounded, or shooting a teammate.

2. Never do the same thing twice - Expect your enemy to be smart. A lot of the fields I play are favorable to a certain side. There are more bunkers on one side of the field than the other. This generally means that it's either easier to push up on a specific side, or one team starts out with a distinct advantage of cover. This makes it more liekly that a team will move up on the same side every game. I generally know where they're going before things start. On the other hand, I like to keep the enemy on their toes, so I try to avoid doing the same trick twice in a row. Especially if it's a stupid one.

3. Load up - Running out of paint or air in a game sucks. Make sure you've got enough before you go out to play. If you run out of paint and don't have to pay per fill, dry fire. It'll keep the less experienced players' heads down if they even think they're firing at you. If you're out of air, grab a handfull of paint and start throwing. If you're cheap like me and can't afford to throw handfulls of paint, you could always play the decoy. Lure the enemy out of cover to shoot at you, or try to bunker/barrel tag them. I like to charge right at 'em. There's nothing in the world quite liek the feeling of running headfirst into absolute doom.

4. Gun safety - I don't like getting shot point-blank before a game. I've been shot by noob and pro alike, all because they don't follow proper firearm safety procedures. Now, I can understand public relations and assuring the ignorant masses that a paintball marker is not a gun, but to be outright, blatant, and politically incorrect, it is absolutely a gun. Now, it won't kill, but it sure as hell will knock the wind (or consciousness) out of ya if you're hit point-blank. Watch where you point that thing. Some of the meaner ones shoot back. Ever watch one of those cheesy action movies where someone moves their trigger finger and says "this is my safety"? Te poor *******'s right, you know. Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot, and point your barrel straight down when you're not. That greatly reduces the likelihood you'll shoot yourself (or a teammate) in the foot.

5. Distractions - I'm seeing a lot about distractions here, but creating one can in and of itself be distracting. Don't allow yourself to get too distracted during a game. On the flipside, don't be too focused. Some players get tunnel vision if they focus too much on one opponent. I know I do, and being aware of it and doing something about it will save your team's collective behinds in a match. As for creating distractions, living and moving ones are the best kinds. If you have faith in youself, do something silly to capture the enemy's attention. I run/jump/dance around the field when I feel like a little... giggle.

6. Choppers - Chops, flame throwers, call it what you like. We all get 'em and they're no fun. Get a barrel swab. That is all.

7. Positioning - Take cover, and for the love of God, do it right. Watch where you keep your feet, gun, pack, and head. Those get shot up more often than anything else when you play. Feet more so in airball than elsewhere. Also, keep those elbows tucked in. I've shot players who look like your trying to shoot and do the chicken dance all at the same time.

8. Bunkers - Don't choose a bad one. Always look for a better angle, but try not to expose yourself too much if you see a better bunker. Closer isn't always better, and too far away makes you useless to the rest of the team. Know the range on your marker so you don't take cover where you can't hit someone. If they can't hit you, chances are good you can't hit them.

9. Move up - You'll never gain any ground by just sitting there. Sit around too long and the entire team gets picked off. If you see a teammate in front of you during a game, try to get as close to his/her position as possible without giving the opposition too big of a target. If you've got a player shooting at you, you can always wait for them to reload. They're like eveyone else out there, nobody has infinite ammo.

10. Taunts - We here can all agree paintball's fun. Why not spout cheap one-liners at your enemies to make it a little better? Even a funny hat earns you points in my book. The sillier, the better. I, for one, like to make a fool out of myself when I'm playing. Nuts to you if you don't. People will remember you better when you stand out. My friend's got a brightly colored Ion, I stand in the line of fire and yell at the enemy and tell them to stop shooting.

11. Fireteams - The military's got something very right, here. It's nice to have at least two people in a group. One serves as cover fire while the others move up under it. The same idea applies to "back," "mid," and "front" players in speedball. The back shoots like crazy, the front moves up as far as possible, and the mid follows the front and covers his sides.

12. Make your own decisions - After playing by the "one shot, one kill" motto for quite some time, I've learned it doesn't work all that great for my style of paintball. It's great to have an extremely accurate marker, but it's more effective when it can shoot strings as well. Don't limit yourself by limiting your equipment. Keep an open mind, try things out for yourself before you settle into that one-track mind I see most players have. Wait and save for a few months if you can't afford something you want. Don't forget, the marker doesn't make the player.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:39 AM   #308
kapriece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblord View Post
I'll keep my best tactics to myself. Trade secrets 'n stuff. I'll make a list of everything else I can think.

1. Communication - I've learned from experience a long time ago that communication with teammates will win or lose the game. I've been surrounded, flanked, and teamkilled all because I didn't communicate with my team. If your team doesn't communicate with you, it could lead to you being isolated, surrounded, or shooting a teammate.

2. Never do the same thing twice - Expect your enemy to be smart. A lot of the fields I play are favorable to a certain side. There are more bunkers on one side of the field than the other. This generally means that it's either easier to push up on a specific side, or one team starts out with a distinct advantage of cover. This makes it more liekly that a team will move up on the same side every game. I generally know where they're going before things start. On the other hand, I like to keep the enemy on their toes, so I try to avoid doing the same trick twice in a row. Especially if it's a stupid one.

3. Load up - Running out of paint or air in a game sucks. Make sure you've got enough before you go out to play. If you run out of paint and don't have to pay per fill, dry fire. It'll keep the less experienced players' heads down if they even think they're firing at you. If you're out of air, grab a handfull of paint and start throwing. If you're cheap like me and can't afford to throw handfulls of paint, you could always play the decoy. Lure the enemy out of cover to shoot at you, or try to bunker/barrel tag them. I like to charge right at 'em. There's nothing in the world quite liek the feeling of running headfirst into absolute doom.

4. Gun safety - I don't like getting shot point-blank before a game. I've been shot by noob and pro alike, all because they don't follow proper firearm safety procedures. Now, I can understand public relations and assuring the ignorant masses that a paintball marker is not a gun, but to be outright, blatant, and politically incorrect, it is absolutely a gun. Now, it won't kill, but it sure as hell will knock the wind (or consciousness) out of ya if you're hit point-blank. Watch where you point that thing. Some of the meaner ones shoot back. Ever watch one of those cheesy action movies where someone moves their trigger finger and says "this is my safety"? Te poor *******'s right, you know. Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot, and point your barrel straight down when you're not. That greatly reduces the likelihood you'll shoot yourself (or a teammate) in the foot.

5. Distractions - I'm seeing a lot about distractions here, but creating one can in and of itself be distracting. Don't allow yourself to get too distracted during a game. On the flipside, don't be too focused. Some players get tunnel vision if they focus too much on one opponent. I know I do, and being aware of it and doing something about it will save your team's collective behinds in a match. As for creating distractions, living and moving ones are the best kinds. If you have faith in youself, do something silly to capture the enemy's attention. I run/jump/dance around the field when I feel like a little... giggle.

6. Choppers - Chops, flame throwers, call it what you like. We all get 'em and they're no fun. Get a barrel swab. That is all.

7. Positioning - Take cover, and for the love of God, do it right. Watch where you keep your feet, gun, pack, and head. Those get shot up more often than anything else when you play. Feet more so in airball than elsewhere. Also, keep those elbows tucked in. I've shot players who look like your trying to shoot and do the chicken dance all at the same time.

8. Bunkers - Don't choose a bad one. Always look for a better angle, but try not to expose yourself too much if you see a better bunker. Closer isn't always better, and too far away makes you useless to the rest of the team. Know the range on your marker so you don't take cover where you can't hit someone. If they can't hit you, chances are good you can't hit them.

9. Move up - You'll never gain any ground by just sitting there. Sit around too long and the entire team gets picked off. If you see a teammate in front of you during a game, try to get as close to his/her position as possible without giving the opposition too big of a target. If you've got a player shooting at you, you can always wait for them to reload. They're like eveyone else out there, nobody has infinite ammo.

10. Taunts - We here can all agree paintball's fun. Why not spout cheap one-liners at your enemies to make it a little better? Even a funny hat earns you points in my book. The sillier, the better. I, for one, like to make a fool out of myself when I'm playing. Nuts to you if you don't. People will remember you better when you stand out. My friend's got a brightly colored Ion, I stand in the line of fire and yell at the enemy and tell them to stop shooting.

11. Fireteams - The military's got something very right, here. It's nice to have at least two people in a group. One serves as cover fire while the others move up under it. The same idea applies to "back," "mid," and "front" players in speedball. The back shoots like crazy, the front moves up as far as possible, and the mid follows the front and covers his sides.

12. Make your own decisions - After playing by the "one shot, one kill" motto for quite some time, I've learned it doesn't work all that great for my style of paintball. It's great to have an extremely accurate marker, but it's more effective when it can shoot strings as well. Don't limit yourself by limiting your equipment. Keep an open mind, try things out for yourself before you settle into that one-track mind I see most players have. Wait and save for a few months if you can't afford something you want. Don't forget, the marker doesn't make the player.
so true
Everybody's The Enemy
KILL S@#T
kapriece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #309
Squizz

While playing speedball or woodsball you always get the guy at the back with it seems like an unlimeted amount of paintballs and the best gear and he thinks he's better than u but he sucks *** cause he never moves. The best way to get him is just get him stuck two guys on either side of the field pounding the **** out of his bunker until he slips up. This works every time for me.
Squizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:58 PM   #310
RinnyFlamboyant
Banned

Shoot to kill, always.
RinnyFlamboyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #311
Klim0009
EVERSOR

In woodsball this is what I do.

Learn what your teammates are good at. I am good at hidding and moving quietly, so I do reacon and snipping things. My friend is good at being loud and throwing a lot of paint, so he runs up the middle and tries to push the other team to me.
Pair up, Unless you can work alone. I personally like and can work alone. Some people can and some people cant, learn who can and cant and let them do thier thing.
Talk to each other. Communication is a must, if you dont talk then you are screwed. Tell each other where the other team is at and how many you can see.
Count. If you can count how many people you see, then you can get a good idea if you are gettin flanked or not.
Leave some people back to cover. One time 3 of my team mates went up the center and met about 6 people, they yelled and said that 4 people were missing, so I found some bushes and hid by them. 10 minutes later here came the 4 extras and there plan totally back fired about the time I gave them hell.
Think. Think about what you are and are going to be doing. In other words have a plan.

Thats about all I can think of right now.

Last edited by Klim0009 : 03-09-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Klim0009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #312
pbperson22

strong side! PUT MOST OF YOUR PLAYERS ON ONE SIDE OF THE FIELD BECAUSE MOST TEAMS SPLIT THEIR PLAYERS EVENLY ON THE RIGHT, LEFT, AND MIDDLE, YOUR OTHER SIDE WILL BE WEAK BUT YOU WILL HAVE NO TROUBLE WITH THE STRONG SIDE. TRY IT YOU WILL BE SURPRISED!
pbperson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:55 AM   #313
Lenny17

In smaller games, stick together. We were playing 2 on 3, and as a part of the 2, it was easy to see that if we stuck near each other, they couldn't single one of us out for an easy kill, but if we tried to spread out, it was very easy for them to pick us off one at a time.

'98 r/f Autococker w/ 45/4.5k, J&J Edge kit (14"), Ricochet 2KX

PCS US-5 Mech. w/ 48/3k, J&J Edge kit (10"), cyclone feed, JCS folding voodoo stock with RVA

Kingman Hammer w/ 13/3k, J&J Edge kit (14")

Projects in the Works:
'99 r/f Autococker w/ 45/4.5k, J&J Edge kit (14"), and THE CYCLONE!!!
Lenny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #314
lethalpanther

First off, Teamwork is essential

Have almost all of your team go one way of defense. Make 1-2 people go the other way, and just sit behind a bunker. Usually as people walk by they don't look behind every bunker they pass. If you have some extra cover, great. Either way, this has worked countless times and is the main reason I pwn adults when I'm not even in my teens

As Specops Says: Never stick your noggin out of the same spot twice

Also, when I run out of paint, I don't go out. I either ask a buddy for a pod or I surrender people. After, I just say "No Paint!" It's kinda embarrassing to them, plus once it was my buddy who I surrendered so he gave me one of his pods.

finally, get an extra ghilie mask. Just ghilie a cheap mask that you don't use. Find a likely sniper spot, and plop it down. Usually, they will hesitate, maybe go behind a bunker, and advance on that spot. This draws lots of time if you're defending. In fact, you can also go ghilie in another position, so that when they stop, you can pluck 'em. It usually makes them stand still, giving you an easy shot.
"Don't bother wiping it off I'm only going to shoot you again" -PaintBaller
When life gives you lemons, make apple juice. Then sit back and watch as the world tries to figure out how you did it.
"You can't say that civilization don't advance... for in every war they kill you a new way." -Will Rogers
"Explosives solve everything"-Sandy

Last edited by lethalpanther : 03-19-2008 at 03:56 PM.
lethalpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:51 AM   #315
lonewolfwarrior
the cocker philosipher

Send a message via Yahoo to lonewolfwarrior
my woods ball tactics bdus quite gun and scope
well the field i play at is very good for this quitely from the far side of the field move up the left and pick off the guys on that side thats were they are usualy weakest

its like death whispering in a woodsballer's ear thats how quiet an autococker is.

DEATH COMES FAST TO THOOSE WHO ARE NEWBIES !!!! ONE SHOOT ONE KILL SEMPER FI
lonewolfwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:01 AM   #316
kjclink

I just take up a job with whoever i'm with as a counter flanker. I start the game with a mad charge on the sides so we can gain some land. I then shoot across the width of the field. I occasionaly move up, and if neccesary, change to flag grabber or suicidal gun runner. It's fun, and this walk-on group i was with today won a game thanks to yours truly..... not to brag or anything.
kjclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:23 AM   #317
Coffinstuffer

Send a message via AIM to Coffinstuffer Send a message via MSN to Coffinstuffer

By far the most effective strategic manoever ever concieved by human minds.
Coffinstuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:02 PM   #318
cma6490
Mr

Post pods

when i am playing speedball and need to fill my hopper i hide open up my pod and dump it in the i throw it to the left and snap out on the right of my cover or vise versa. It works in woods ball too depending on the type of cover you are hiding behind. It will destract your target to the pod wile you snap out on the other side and take him out.
cma6490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:57 PM   #319
broke

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinnyFlamboyant View Post
Shoot to kill, always.

I tottally agree unless you are making sure someone is not moving between 2 bunkers to get a flag or angle or just moving up the field then you should lay paint between the to pieces of cover not too fast but just enough to make sure he doesn't move.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #320
broke

Lightbulb

Another tip if you are playing ona long narrow field tell half or two thirds of your team to go to one side and create a lot of noise. then the other part of your team sneaks up on the other side of the fieeld. At this point the loud side must retreat as fast as possible to just the right point that the other teaam are straight across from the othe side that the smaller part of the team have a clear shott at most of the other team. Enjoy!!!