pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 04-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #321
paintball noob

what i try and do is at the very start of the game rune up as far as i an then wait untill they come sneaking up real closs then i nail them with as many shots as i can before they call the hit
paintball noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #322
broke

Talking don't aim at the bunkers

The worst thing you can do in paintball is aim at the front of a bunker always aim to the side so as soon as he/she tries to move they get hit. the only time you should aim at the bunker is if you want to scare a noob so a buddy can flank and shoot.
broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #323
Sniped You Down
BLiNdsIdE

when I play, i sprint to the side of the presumed heavy fire area so I can snipe down any of the other team. occasionally I'll find the other team's sniper 20 feet on my right trying to do what I am doing
Sniped You Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:15 PM   #324
Yosarian
i think im sane... maybe

one thing i have found is that when you've only got a few guys defending a base sitting in an enclosed bunker is never a good idea, falling back to a position further away from the base, but still in range, is way better than traping yourself inside one enclosed bunker right next to the flag. in almost all cases ive seen staying inside ends with you getting bunkered... or surrounded, most of the time both!
Old 09-10-2008, 09:31 AM   #325
SKRALOGY

depends, for playing on a public field against the general crowd I usually stay back providing cover fire for my team. I will sometimes just stand up and shoot at everything that moves, if they are fairly new you can almost keep someone down for the whole game as long as you have enough paint. then once it is down to 2-3 players I sprint up and try to bunker them.

for scenarios or off field games against better players I usually sprint up to the 1/3 line of the field and make my self real small and take pot shots at those who make mistakes or stick their head out. I usually will run to the side trying to open up more shooting lanes for myself, suppressing anyone who trys to shoot me on my breakout. then once they have been funneled to the back of the field I will continue running the side till I flank them.
SKRALOGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:14 AM   #326
Marshal Davout

There are several castles or forts on the field where I play. Too many times I have seen my own team surround the fort and enter only to be killed by our own team from the outside. Before we start the game I alert everyone to this problem and here is what we will do. Once we have gotten 360 coverage on the fort and have eliminated all enemy guys we announce to our team that we are entering the fort. If there are enemy forces in the fort there will be a firefight inside. If our guy walks out we know there are enemy guys inside and firing continues until the are hit. If there is no firing then our guy gets the flag and we see him get the flag and he yells that he is coming out and we don't fire on him. There has not been a friendly fire incident since we adopted this approach.
Marshal Davout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:45 AM   #327
BomB SquaD
Take One For The Team!

Send a message via AIM to BomB SquaD
I'd say ESP(in a way). If you're laying out fire on someone and you are sure they want to get the hell out of there you can just taunt them with bursts of fire to keep them in the bunker.
When they finally decide to take a chance and move, you yourself have to think of the best way to get out and match it by firing a few rounds to let them know you know what they are thinking too. It's also a way I use to get in there heads.
Virtue EZ On
Viewloader Evolution II w/ homemade magnetic lid!
Blackcell Basic Body(coming soon)
Blackcell Longbow Stock Air-Thru(coming soon)
UPZ Remote Coil

Last edited by BomB SquaD : 01-05-2009 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Typo
BomB SquaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #328
Cheyenne D S
Dog Soldier

Scenario Paintball

Get to the location first

Shoot first, there will be less of them to shoot back
Cheyenne D S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #329
Stan the HitMan
Owner of: HitmanPaintball

Send a message via MSN to Stan the HitMan
Break the other teams kneecaps before the game. They cant play without their knees.

Not well anyway.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #330
Grayf0x

Or you can tie them up and skip the them sueing you part.
Grayf0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:42 AM   #331
monty_guanaco
british/argie paintballer

these two things always worked for me:
1) as soon as the game starts, one or two players dart off around the edge of the field and come at the oposing team from an unexpected direction
2) working in teams of 2 usually helps

strategies may very per game, but these two are the more generalistic tactics i usually employ
Old 04-06-2009, 12:01 AM   #332
ZacT26
Old School

wow its almost been 8 yrs since i made this thread
ZacT26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:30 AM   #333
Lenny17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
There are several castles or forts on the field where I play. Too many times I have seen my own team surround the fort and enter only to be killed by our own team from the outside. Before we start the game I alert everyone to this problem and here is what we will do. Once we have gotten 360 coverage on the fort and have eliminated all enemy guys we announce to our team that we are entering the fort. If there are enemy forces in the fort there will be a firefight inside. If our guy walks out we know there are enemy guys inside and firing continues until the are hit. If there is no firing then our guy gets the flag and we see him get the flag and he yells that he is coming out and we don't fire on him. There has not been a friendly fire incident since we adopted this approach.
Hehe, friendly fire FTL.

But I've seen it happen on other fields - both speedball and woodsball. Granted, it's not as common in speedball, but all it takes is for one team's flank to fall and for your teammates to be able to get behind them. Unless your team is wearing a very specific uniform, it's very easy to mistake the identity of that body part you see sticking around a bunker.

'98 r/f Autococker w/ 45/4.5k, J&J Edge kit (14"), Ricochet 2KX

PCS US-5 Mech. w/ 48/3k, J&J Edge kit (10"), cyclone feed, JCS folding voodoo stock with RVA

Kingman Hammer w/ 13/3k, J&J Edge kit (14")

Projects in the Works:
'99 r/f Autococker w/ 45/4.5k, J&J Edge kit (14"), and THE CYCLONE!!!
Lenny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:11 AM   #334
Infiltrator
Arctic Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Infiltrator
Paintball fortresses? I believe the best idea is to throw alot of paint on one side of the fort and try to get one adrenaline junky frontman to run up and press himself up against to the fortress wall. Generally it has to be a blind spot or bottle neck where only one window needs to be suppressed. If he can run into this spot up against the wall no one is going to see him. Meanwhile just sit back and watch as he gets inside and "screws" up everyone. No one in the fortress will expect it as long as he gets in and tears up the place as violently as he possibly can. Make sure you keep everyone in the fort occupied on the people outside as he barrel backstabs them.

You could possibly do it fireteam style and 4 man stack up against the wall, but I don't see how you can get four people that has been in a combat job in the military or SWAT team. If they don't know how to room clear properly through the fatal funnel, it's just not going to work. Besides, one killer tourney frontman that knows how to snapshoot and mow muppets will be able to do it on his own or at least take down one side of the building. If the occupants get distracted by the frontman, the outside people can pile in.

I did this before as the adrenaline junky frontman. Except I took out a guy, who was shooting out of a window slit at someone further in the distance, before I moved in. Should of heard him scream.....Keep changing angles if they become aware of the breach. Some fortresses might have a window you can jump through.

Last edited by Infiltrator : 04-14-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Infiltrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #335
{raiders} pb
{raiders} captain

stealth all the way

i prefer stealth because if the enemy cant see you they cant shoot you. i have been trained by navy seals so i have an edge but if you get good enough at it you will not be spotted. i mean ive been steped on 6 times. i prefer hills with tall grass or hidden bunkers or towers.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #336
paintball123

do op loop tee loo

ok heres how it goes your snake player takes turns snap shooting at the other person a couple times then your guy has to stand up above the bunker and shoots what he can see of the other person because the enemy thinks your coming out to shoot but you dont and when he is out to shoot you shoot him . i learned that from alex fraige from dynasty.
2000847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:16 PM   #337
Marshal Davout

What did he say?
Marshal Davout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:31 PM   #338
PistolPete93

Well, I was laying behind a pile of logs in my ghillie, the other team was advancing hard. My team pretty much fell all the way back except for me. They got so close, and I was pretty camoed in, that they started using the other side of this little pile of logs as cover against my team, not knowing that I was prone right begind there. I saw the first guy came up with an a5, and he used that cover for 30 seconds. (I was looking left where they were flanking) I see him through 2 sticks, pointed my ghillied cocker up and said surrender. Hes like ??? He slowly raises his gun. 3 paintballs to the chest and/or neck made him regret that "alright, ok man im out". 10 minutes later it happens again. of course i say surrender. This time the guy pops up fast, i pop 3 in him and he hit me once in the leg. I happened to get a headshot in on him. So as I get out there are like 4 people 15 feet behind him and more guys flanking left. Just the spot to be...

I got tired of fogging too so I invented a solution! Please support me by liking my facebook page!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Clear-...03888596341637

Last edited by PistolPete93 : 08-09-2009 at 05:33 PM.
PistolPete93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #339
JordanJP

1. Attack out of the sun if possible.
2. Attack from higher ground if possible.
3. Catch them in the middle of an "X" crossfire. Example"

X= them
O= your team.

XX

OOO OOO
4. Don't silhouette yourself against the sun when you are on a hill, crawl if you have to.
JordanJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:26 AM   #340
TPBSniper

Lay down

No doubt about it. Getting off the trail and getting real low, below their vision. Players are typically looking for kneelers and up. I like to lay on my back, camo in a bit and wait for their last guy to walk by. And single shot the rear guy or open up on the whole works.

Doug
TPBSniper is offline   Reply With Quote