pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 09-13-2001, 08:16 PM   #21
PAiN

well
my best tactic ever was when we were playing center flag in the indoor field
i ran from my corner by the wall around the whole field and then from the back picked off 5 out of 7 players including a guy witha mag, a guy with prianha sts g3, and one more guy with i think spyder shutter
PAiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 10:46 AM   #22
Russian Guy

In speedball I give (fake) commands very loudly to my teammates who know i am bluffing. I say things like "You go right on three while you go left. ONE!, TWO!,THREE!!" no one goes but the other team shoot like crazy and gives up thier position. in capture the flag games like that I do that then I dry fire with my gun upside-down so no one pops up while my team mate gets the flag. Also when you run I rarely get hit.

and I love to snipe
Russian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 08:03 PM   #23
Paint Bulley
Super POSER

Location: Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and
Send a message via ICQ to Paint Bulley Send a message via AIM to Paint Bulley Send a message via Yahoo to Paint Bulley
IT may sound stupid but when needed, leave your gun.

If you need to move quickly over or under something and go check out a position, and you know that somebody knows you are there. It is easier to get up (or under) something and run fast, then slide down with out a gun. then you can try to sneak back.

example:

I was playing this game where there is a guy up in a tree with a hopper. and two on the ground with 4 balls.
well I had to get up a 5' ridge, run to a tree and slide down. well it took two hands to get up the ridge, so I put my gun down. jumped up charged the tree and slid down (while getting shot at).
I then found out how good of a shot both I and the guy in the tree had on each other, so I moved back into the brush, and had my partner who was out of ammo sneak back another way and get my gun.

----------------------
Also, when you already know where somebody is but they don't know where you are. If you have camo. Sit out in the complete open with a perfect shot. instead of perfectly hidden with a OK shot. It is reall cool. I was getting hunted. and I sat in front of like 4 or 5 trees not behind them. I had an awesome shot. but they got away (darn)
Paint Bulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 09:17 PM   #24
frenchtoastdude

BRIGHT COLORS... the other team focuses on you and plus they concentrate on your colors. Then your teammates move in for the kill.
wtf, asians don't have freckles... i find asians with freckles an oddity.
am I the only man alive that doesnt like Lord of the Rings?
frenchtoastdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 05:52 PM   #25
jgoutz

Send a message via Yahoo to jgoutz
back in the old days (READ SPLATMASTERS AND NIGHTMARES) i used to play in full camo, with a guilly suit and a steel pot. i would find some pretty obvious cover next to a trail behind a log or big rock and put the steel pot on a stick so that it just barely showed . then i would crawl out about 20-30 yards and pull my guilly suit up over my head, just looked like a pile of leaves. and wait. usually you would get 3-4 people walking down the trail that would freeze when they saw that pot. as soon as they stopped, take 1 out with 1 shot, the rest would start firing at the log or rock which would allow you to get 1-2 more before they could figure out where the shots were coming from. i have even had people walk by so close that i hand tagged them with a ball from the chamber.

jgoutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 06:39 PM   #26
Paint Bulley
Super POSER

Location: Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and
Send a message via ICQ to Paint Bulley Send a message via AIM to Paint Bulley Send a message via Yahoo to Paint Bulley
The rebel charge is also a whole lot of fun no matter how suicidal it is.

But to make it a true charge you must scream. ( I usually forget the scream, when I charge)

It is just so much fun. And if someone is in the open and has you pinned behind cover and you pop out and charge, it is even better, cuz nobody will expect it, and if you are good enough and move quick enough you can take them out withut getting taken out. Also seeinf someone run away or having someone say
"I wasn't expecting that"
or
"what were you thinking, I was about to dive for cover when I saw you charging me"
or the best site is when there are two and one leaves the other for dead.

It is just so much fun
Paint Bulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 04:30 PM   #27
Gryffin

My favorite tactic is the plain old sneak toward the enemy. Right off the bat grab another experienced player and go directly towards the enemy. The point of the second player is he/she follows behind you(communicating in hand signals only) so if you get shot by walking in to them, he/she can get ready to take them out. Most likely the other team would have the same plan(maybe even the same route) so take all the time you need. Once you get close to the concentration of them pass them by about 15 yards and sneak in, I like to go for surrenders but most of the time it ends up that I mark a few guys and get shot, then the other guy stays back and picks them off as they go looking for more.
Sometimes I just snipe (pick them off from a concealed locale) and sometimes I just follow someone elses plan.
Old 09-27-2001, 03:08 PM   #28
PartsMart
Illuminator

Send a message via AIM to PartsMart
Paintball is all about angles, rarely do people get out because another person is accurate, they get out because the other person has a better angle.
1.) If your being attacked and someone has a better angle on you, move!
2.) If your getting surround by two people, pull back so u can see them both without moving ur head, if u cant see them both in the same look, then move back so they're both coming straight for you.
3.) Don't let anyone get these angles on you, place a well hidden sniper on each of ur flanks to keep people from coming beside you.
4.) Have a huge force go through one flank so you can get behind ur opponent

Best strat alive, Works with any # of people above 4.

Most teams will have a line without about equal spacing in between all their guys, find a good position, a steep hill or such, place 2/5 of ur guys on the hill. Then send ur 3/5 to a flank, and have them push and literally massacre that flank. Although the 2/5 guys on the hill will be having a hard time, they should be able to hold if they have any skill. Once you 3/5 have broken through the enemy line its a piece of cake, have them goo way back behind the enemy so they're unable to retreat, and then just pinch the enemy in like a sandwhich.

Mainly plays in big wood courses.
PartsMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 04:30 PM   #29
recballer

Talking

its fun to wear a decently bright shirt and hang it up on a tree at about your height. keep an eye on it and wait for an idiot to shoot at it and give up his position...stay hidden ....he WILL try to move closer, then youve got it made, take time to think about the situation...youve got an idiot shooting at a tree and he has no clue that its not you let alone your watching him. Then light him up of course.
scott hotshot mask.

looking for stock(or with a few upgrades as long as its cheap)mini/automag p/f. in $220 area. no rush(still convincing parents i need better gun). but i could trade or pay money. email me with mags for sale.
recballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 07:33 PM   #30
ChrisEvans

Send a message via AIM to ChrisEvans
"Paintball is all about angles"

Well, you said it all my friend. Paintball is sort of like soccer, you have to "cut the angles" Whenever we start off playing , I always tell whoever is on my team that we need to use the right angles in order to get the enemy. I usually have one player sitting in a bunker giving me some cover fire, and I go for the flank. I am a pretty aggresive player, I love being the "Flanker" I love to see the look of the other person's face when I sneak behind enemy lines too see 2 people crouched in a bunker shooting at my decoy teamate; while hes just Shooting paint every couple of seconds just to keep them down, I sneak around and usually kill whoever is in that bunker. Usually with just one shot. But yes paintball is mostly angles. If someone is behind a tree, Don't waste paint trying to shoot them from infront of them. Get a teamate to flank them while you give cover, or Visa Versa. It works almost everytime, and usually you can get the enemy to surreneder (which sometimes ticks me off because I dont really get a kill) but in the long run a surrender is better than shooting the other person, because A) It is quieter and B) You leave that little bit of questioning in the enemy, leaving the enemy thinking "man if I hadn't of surrendered I wonder what would have happened."

Chris
Old 10-08-2001, 12:32 PM   #31
Ebonclaw
Registered Member

Out of air. Out of paint. Bunker the guy and yell "Do ya surrender?!" 2 out of 3 times you get a yes.

"Accuracy by volume is still accuracy nonetheless."
Ebonclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 12:37 PM   #32
ChrisEvans

Send a message via AIM to ChrisEvans
Usually when someone is out of paint they surrender...

Well Sunday, I was the flanker, and My friend was giving me cover, he runs out of paint. But he kept in position and kept shooting air. The enemy was fooled for a while but they caught on. The one enemy that I was trying to Flank, I successfully flanked them because they were distracted by my teamate who was shooting air. I never surrender if im out of paint (unless I am the last one left.) because you cant do anything. BUT if we are playing Capture the Flag , I wont surrender, I will charge the flag. If im going down, im going down in a blaze of glory.
Old 10-18-2001, 06:57 PM   #33
Toolfreak387

Cool

go where your enemy doesnt want to go...like when im playin i know my friends dont like to go through thick brush or thorny terrain...so i wear long pants and long sleeves and sneak right up to them...works pretty good!
Toolfreak387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 01:31 PM   #34
Crusher95348
LiveItLoveIt

Snap shoot!

This is an invaluable tactic when you're a front player. You'll want to be able to get into your bunker, pop out, shoot 2-3 shots, and get back in before they even start firing on you. Adjust your aim while you're in the bunker. Look to see where your shots went and adjust it in the bunker. If you use this you'll be able to get that key elimination for your team.!
Old 11-07-2001, 05:50 AM   #35
FalconMan
Banned

Send a message via AIM to FalconMan
Here is a tatic you can only do once on the field that day.... Walk down the center while you have people run up as far as the can while you distract them. People are stunned by this and it takes them a while to start shooting at the guy

Last edited by FalconMan : 11-09-2001 at 09:30 PM.
FalconMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 07:29 PM   #36
sferencz
Team:Switch(Captain/Back)

Send a message via AIM to sferencz
Ok has anyone tried this? pretend you got shot in the neck, and pretend you cant breathe . Lie down and hold your throat with one hand and wheeeeez a whole bunch (DO NOT LET GO OF YOUR NECK NO MATTER WHAT!! this is a common mistake that can get you out!) now with the other hand hold onto your gun. when they come to help shoot them. it works almost 100 percent of the time
sferencz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 08:22 PM   #37
Magnus55
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Magnus55 Send a message via Yahoo to Magnus55
Thats not such a good tactic. What happens when someone is seriously injured and they get lit up because the other players thought they were bluffing? Or what happens if they stop the game because of you? Or what happens if people take off their masks to check up on you and then a stray paintball from your gun hits them in the face?
Old 11-10-2001, 09:37 PM   #38
sferencz
Team:Switch(Captain/Back)

Send a message via AIM to sferencz
ok i cant even go throught with that... That was just the dumbest possible thing anyone could have ever said or actually though! Pretend your dying!!!! what the heck, i just had a team mate over and also another kid i play with and thought it was funny. funny thing is, with all the people in the world, someone has actually done that.
sferencz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 03:02 PM   #39
TheZephyr
Thief in the Night

I laughed

I Laughed. Snap shooting is the quintessential skill for the front player. The key to snap shooting is getting your form right, even if you're doing everything right, and have bad form, then **** all, you're gonna get lit up next time you have to shoot it out with someone. When you want a quick look at the field, tuck in, lay parrellel to the ground and stick your head ou the bottom of the bunker. Most of the time, even if a player is ready to shoot you, he'll shoot over you, and by the time his aim is adjusted, you're safe and sound in your bunker and you've already seen what you wanted to.
Old 11-11-2001, 05:21 PM   #40
Freak 5150
CPPA member #29

Send a message via AIM to Freak 5150
This is a tactic that takes balls, and usually only on woods fields. Pretend that you have been shot, but do not raise your hand or hold up your gun or anything else that says you're out. Just walk through the field with your gun down. People will think that you're out and you can walk around freelly. It works in senarios multiple times, but other places it may only work once a day.

Also when you're stuck behind a bunker and some one is shooting at your bunker, the best thing to do is just run. Run like crazy and don't look back, zig zag and whatever else.

And for the speed ball players, when the wistle blows, don't just concentrate on getting to your bunker, but look and watch where your opponents are going at the same time. It will pay off quickly, because most likely they weren't watching you.
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed-Isaiah 53:5

Yogurt! I hate Yogurt!
Freak 5150 is offline   Reply With Quote