pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 11-11-2001, 07:36 PM   #41
sferencz
Team:Switch(Captain/Back)

Send a message via AIM to sferencz
Ok here are some tactics i used to get a bit better when i wanted to form a team. I still use some of these...

1) Snapshooting - This is simple, set up a 2 liter bottle like 25-35 feet away from a bunker your going to be behind. Now go behind that bunker, and pop up for only a split second, and shoot at the target. getting up, aiming, shooting, and getting back down should only take 1 second tops. fill your hopper up and do this the 1st time you practice this, then do it every say with liek 50 balls, after one month in traning you will seriously be able to pop-up and shoot the bottle from 50 feet away like 4/5 times.

2) Snapshot/Bunker Rotation - Practice taking a snapshot and running to the next bunkr and shooting the same target. This is a good skill because when you shoot that snap shot, your opponent will duck, then with you at a new bunker, they wont see you and you can take them out alot easier.

3) Base choices - Find a good bunker that is protected from 360 degrees, that you can take some good shots at. Its good to find a bunker that covers a place where alot of people travel. If no one travels it change spots. If you play the same woods its a good idea to find a good bunker thats in the middle of the field, when the whistle blws run there as fast as you can and take cover. When the enemy is moving forward they wont expect you to be that far forward and you can have a good advantage on them.

4) Listen Up - When your having a strong fire fight with some one and going thru alot of paint, play the defense a bit and let them spray alot of paint, when you hear the gun have a different noise when it shoots, a bit louder and snappier, that means they have no ball sin thei rhopper, take advantage of your opportunity and run forward and attack. This is how alot of people have been bunkered by me=)

5) Know When to Shoot - ok alot of people play this trick on newbies because alot of newbies fall for it. If you hear a shot come form a direction, dont blindly shoot back and give your position. I use this on newbies alot, if i shoot, they think i am near them and shooting at them, they inturn, shoot in my direction and tell me exactly where they are. All i have to do is have a team mate stay where i was and shoot every so often, and my sneek behind them and take em out. ONLY SHOOT IF YOU HAVE A GOOD SHOT!

6) Timing - If you playing speedball, or just are in the woods behind 2 trees or bunkers haing a fire fight, listen to the pattern of the enemies fire. If you notice they shoot every 3 seconds or what not, let them shoot, get up, aim, and shoot on 2 and a half. they will pop up and get nailed.

7) Communication - COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR TEAM! if your on a team make codes or what ever so everyone know shwats going on. Its easy, if your on a 150 by 100 foot spedball course, make it into a grid. Memorize it as this, think of it liek battleship. they are at sector 14-5. Whats that mean? they are 140 feet away from the start, and 50 feet to the side. it sounds complicated but if you work this out and quiz eachother you can tell eachother exactly where the enemy is on a speedball arena. If you cant get to them your team mate can. Also if your going to pop up and shoot on 3, dont call out to your team mate "shoot on 3" or "cover me on 3". Instead say "i need cover on 5" start counting and run on 2, allow your team to use a certain # that you all know is the real #, if you say your getting up on 3, the enemy is going to shoot on 3.

8) Squeegie trick - go behind a bunker when some one is shooting at you, pull yoru squeegie out andput the bottem end above the bunker and move it around a bit liek your fixing yur barrel. The enemy will normally take advantage of this and try to bunker you, but secretly you are waiting and you can reverse bunker them!

9) Empty trick - Go behind a bunker and take a bunch of shots at the enemy. Then they will probably duck, when they duck turn your gun sideways while still shooting, they will hear instead of "thus thus thus" on the bunker, a cracking noise of a gun with no ammo. Duck behing your bunker and they wil come trying to waste you, instead you waste them=)

thats it for now, i have to goto sleep, i hope this actually helps some one.
sferencz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 08:57 PM   #42
HawaiianPenguin
Wimp Imp

Send a message via ICQ to HawaiianPenguin Send a message via AIM to HawaiianPenguin
those tactics are awsome
Pround owner of IMP#009874

"Guns don't kill people, People Kill people"
HawaiianPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 02:46 PM   #43
Darthmal2086
Team: GhettoBoyz

Send a message via AIM to Darthmal2086
My backyard paintball tactics?

Simple, finde sombody your really good with.
I know a kid, me and him have won 2 vs 5
2vs4 and lots of games just us and other against other teams.

Thats the most basic and affective strategy, IF your playing backyard like me! then get a person with a good shot pump, and a person with a decent shot semi, and group them together, the semi up fromt and the pump, ohh, 20 yards further back. The pump snipes, works well, trust me, you just gatta have a freind using semi who knows how to stay alive, or else Mr. Sniper go bye bye , by mr. Autococker or Tippman.

I also suggest that the sniper be off to the side, and behind, alowing the semi to pick off anybody who charges a not so fast shooting sniper. Another Quility aboute playing SIde by side instead of in rows, is when the person hiding behind a pillar Exedera... Will not realize what is a good positoin to kill ur semi auto freinds might not be as good as he thinks, you might have a side veiw and can snipe somthing vulnerable, like a butt (= arm, or "Foot in most cases".

There is also a sacrifice flank. (get two guys to come up behind him, even with a rapid fire he can only shoot ONE, if you are widly spread apart. One has to make it through and proclaim victory. WARNING: dont try this if there is more than 1 person left on the aposing team. "dont waste players (="

Last but not least, the BEST tactic to win. Dont be afraid to get hit. No i dont mean give yourself voulnerable. i mean hellp your freinds out, even if what they do seems likely sombodys ganna get shot. You need teamwork, and strategy. Edurance, skills, ANd speed ( I gain my speed by wearing SOCCER CLEATS wile playing)

Seyah!
Darthmal2086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 08:03 AM   #44
Skizothymic
Capn'

Send a message via AIM to Skizothymic
i think this is muckrakers trick.

You shoot at their bunker a couple times to get their head down, then you go running at it while shooting and when you get to it just run beside and shoot them. i've seen it a lot of times and the people usually just keep on running. the guy behind the bunker has no clue what you're doing because he just hears the balls hitting the edge of the bunker.
Skizothymic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 11:52 AM   #45
Murph1
Don't become this guy \/

I probably only have one good tactic

And I'm not giving it to you punks

:pile:

celebrity victims:
Charlie Moore (Local celebrity. New England fishing show host.)
Murph1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 07:07 PM   #46
Ded

i was taught this tactic at a recent big game. it's like a dead man's walk but totally legal. get one guy who is out of paint or something to actually call himself out and hold his gun up. you walk behind him with your gun down and NEVER say your out or make any impressions that you are. the other team will ALWAYS assume that you are out rather than shoot at you and risk getting sent off by a ref. when you get close enough to the other teams line just casually raise your gun and bunker the closest guy. get behind his bunker and shoot as many unsuspecting players close by as possible. then have it prearranged for your team to lead a charge as soon as this happens. if you don't get shot you can join in the major push but if you do get shot you've already completely chnged the course of the game. now, your team has the advantage. it may seem a little sneaky but it works 9 out of ten times. use it in big games and walk ons but in tournaments i wouldn't reccomend it. there's too much at stake to pull something that sneaky there.
Ded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 05:44 PM   #47
xXAFireInsideXx
Buried but Breathing

Send a message via AIM to xXAFireInsideXx
My opinion, the best two tactics are----
1. either: be aggressive; push as far forward as you can running,screaming, and shooting like crazy.
2r- (exact opposite) be sneaky and stealthy, move around the whole game as quietly an sneaky as you can so nobody knows you're there,...until they are tagged by you.
Old 12-26-2001, 10:02 PM   #48
Crusher95348
LiveItLoveIt

Thumbs down Only P u s s i e s do dead man's walk!

My subject says it all!
Old 12-28-2001, 09:49 PM   #49
Twisted Angel

Back off of the bunker

if you back off of your bunker, you can get better use out of the space provided.
M3 Black Dragun: Dual black 2002 All-American barrel; ShockTech Long style drop in black; System X ASA in black; Modified polished alum. trigger (extremely nice, NO movement side to side, a piece of paper cant go between the switch and the back of the trigger); blue Macro line; polished bolt, striker, valve pin, low pressure chamber, forgrip, Macro line fittings, velocity adjuster, and snap-back; 32* Spring kit; and vert. feed with custom window
...........................I....I
...... ____________I..I___
..||=|_________________|555555)2222222222222)
..[]=|________________.I__|======
.......\__........._______/..| |
.........../....../..(..../.........| |
........../....../...(.....I........| |
........./....../...................| |
......../....../....................| |
------_._........././
-____-.....././
.....)____)===_/

Paintball HQ
Twisted Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 04:40 PM   #50
Squidboy
The Master of the SQUID!!

Various Tactics for Various Stiuations

I will start off with a few stealth tactics.
The first and foremost thing to remember is that colors and noise atract attention. If you are playing on a forest field that is mostly brown, wear brownish clothing or desert camo. If it is more green, wear greenish clothing or camo. That takes care of the color factor. If you want to be quiet while moving in a forest or brush area you have to do a special type of walk. You walk very slow. You step down with your heel and roll your foot along the outer edge until your toe hits the ground and you put our foot the rest of the way down. This directs any sound made by your step into the shoe sole, into the ground or out the side close to the ground. If you don't want to be seen in an open field, lowcawl. get on your belly, put your gun in the crook of your arm and use your elbows and toes to propel yourself forward. It may be slower than a low walk, but believe me, you can move like lightning when high on adredalin, or scared.

Next I will tell you what I do to eliminate people.
I use a combinaion of sneaking and kamikaze tactics in conjunction with my silencer. I sneak when I don't know where the enemy is, when I see one (or many) in a bunker(s) I will snipe them. After I am done sniping or they start to run, or they dig in, I go kamikaze on them. I jump up from my cover and charge their asses. The people I play with aren't very good so they are all huddled up against the side of the bunker. I go around one side and light them up. I also once hurdled the bunker and peged him in the air ala Matrix, that was absolutely awesome and it scared the crap out of the guy.

The Blaze of Glory
Fire as fast as possible at anything not wearing your colors, scream and charge viking style, try and pull the flag. Should you run out of ammo while this is going on, keep screaming and pull the flag. Boiled down the Blaze of Glory is to take out as many people as possible with you while trying to pull the flag and possibly winning the game.

Some just general tips are as follows.
1)Sneak for as long as possible
2)Once discovered, go terminator
3)If not discovered after a while, go terminator
4)Do the absolutely unthinkable, surprise your foe
5)If you need to retreat, do so while firing
6)If you are outnumbered, retreat, not firing and find concealment QUICK
7)If you are going to be eliminated do so in a blaze of glory
8)Play with people that are better than you, it causes you to get better (pain is a great learning enhancement)

Hope this helps.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Crash Danger
If Jesus paintballed I'm sure he'd be pretty good.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 07:20 PM   #51
SpYdeR-GuY

Quote:
Here is a tatic you can only do once on the field that day.... Walk down the center while you have people run up as far as the can while you distract them. People are stunned by this and it takes them a while to start shooting at the guy
If I see someone walking down the field and they are not on my team. I will shoot them immeadiately> NOt a flame.
SpYdeR-GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 06:27 PM   #52
Minority

if you can get like 8 people to rush when you say RARRRRR it scares people, my favorite strategy is stand by a wall, and tape as a back

WARNING WEAR ELBOW PADS
if you see enemy, just fall back and land on elbow pads and aim quick.

Once you do it enough, you get the hang of it.

Very good strategy

smaller target = good right?
Minority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 02:43 PM   #53
tippymann
...now you can quiver.

Send a message via AIM to tippymann
i haven't been playing long, only about 5 times, 3 of which are just my friend's commonground woods. one thing i learned was that you should never stay in a certain place for an extended period of time. EXAMPLE: i was crawling alongside a slope and was coming up on an enemy, and was behind a tree trying to think things out. i got pinned down by him and his team-mate and ended up getting shot in the neck from 20 feet. it sucked, and i know i should always get somewhere safe to think things out. and flanking works, too. use that a lot.

I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money.

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?

If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink.

- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey
tippymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 03:19 PM   #54
UTLadiesMan
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to UTLadiesMan
In a one on one, where the opponent was in the center, and I was on his left in front. um, ok, diagram.

...........him
..........====

====...........====
fake................me

I yelled out to my left, "John! I'll hold him down, you flank left!!"
Then I started laying paint on his bunker, he pulled in really close and turned around to watch his right side. Then I ran straight up, easiest out all day.

PBR feedback
eBay feedback

Last edited by UTLadiesMan : 01-16-2002 at 03:21 PM.
UTLadiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 11:51 PM   #55
^Psycho^Skillz^
Ooh..pretty backblock o_0

Send a message via ICQ to ^Psycho^Skillz^ Send a message via AIM to ^Psycho^Skillz^
My variation of a deads man walk, amazing worked!

Hey I was just reading a post about a guy pulling a dead mans walk further down and that reminded me of a move I pulled a long while ago. Just wondering whether you guys think this is as "cheap" as a dead mans walk or not.

Personally, I find this one to be slightly fairer since it is pretty hard to pull off without being shot, especially if u stand out (like I do ) or play with regulars hwo know you.

Well anyway, we were playing a semi-speedball type field and I kamikazed myself up to the middle right at the beginning like always. Then, I turned around running backwards and firign at my own team (my friend already knew my plan and was purposely hiding behind an easily observable bunker) I ran backwards to the OTHER teams front line (now facing my own team). I continued moving backwards until I was at the back end of the opposing team, where I easily took them all out in the back...they all thought I was on their team

I've tried that again a few times hasnt worked too well as I'm usually shot by friends who know me or newbies that cant tell the difference

What do u guys think of a move like that if someone pulls it successfully? Cheap or tactical?
Chrome Rock Reg
Chrome Bomb 3way
Chrome AKA Lightning Bolt
Chrome AKA Pull Pin
Chrome AKA Cocking Rod
Chrome Shocktech Drop Forward
Chrome Eclipse Hinge
Maddmann Rocket Valve
Black Dye Stickies
68/3k Max-Flo
Smoke 12V Revvy
J&J 2pc 12"

Some chrome stuff is actually nickel, but my sig looks prettier like that

Wish List:
Some new CF body
Custom mill/ano!
Freak Kit
^Psycho^Skillz^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 04:58 PM   #56
paintballerwgp

A good thing to do is to stay low and stay small be quiet when u walk heel to toe trember that dont just look in on direction either look all around you especially if you have never played in theses kinda areas i i learned theses from a navy seal thats still standing hear and i use these things. try them and good luck
C.M.
p.s. dont let big guns fool you never underestimate someone now mattter how old they are but don let ne one scare you
paintballerwgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 07:06 PM   #57
pbgod68cal
LoST aDDicTioN

Send a message via AIM to pbgod68cal
my best tactic is what i call the YMCA i do it almost every time i play well not every individual game but every time i go. well what i do is when they cant hit me and im running low on paint and i dont wanna waste any more till there low to is i get a nice spot were they can se me but cant hit me cuz thers mucho trees or bunkers in the way that will stop most the balls. i start singing and doing the YMCA dance or what ever and they always unload on me and get mad and yell and then when im done or tired i make a dead sprint for the fartest up tree or bunker and get mad close to them and reek havoc it works every time iv never been hit doing it i also have the ginger bread man to but thats easy i just never stop running and yelling u cant hit the gingr bread man and they shoot all the paint at me and get frustrated and dont hit nothin cuz i put a line of trees between me and them and not much gets threw and im hella fast.

ok those were the dumb im on a caffine high tactics bu my serious moves are just pic a side of the feildandon the brk kee moving till thegames over or your behind them when u gt to a bunker that u would normally stop at and lay down fire just stop for a split secound ly down some fire for your self and then gt up and run some more. i works grea in the woods ido it alot it will break them down on a flank and get them all worried and frantic. its great to do to a team of newbies that fall back as soon as u push its like a free ride to the flag when your up agenst newbies
Matrix #01867
12inch OTP
trinity
bolt kit
curvey volumizers
trauntula matrix stick
free flow breach nob
68/45 maxflow
CP mini gas threw
freak kit
ND halo no rise

www.lostaddiction.vze.com
pbgod68cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 08:32 PM   #58
Killer Kat
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Killer Kat
Tag teamin'

I love to have another quick trigger right next to me. Me shooting to one side and my partner to the other. And just spray the daylights outta the bunkers and walk right up to them!
Old 01-19-2002, 08:38 PM   #59
pbgod68cal
LoST aDDicTioN

Send a message via AIM to pbgod68cal
ya kat u always do do that bu iv only been with u once or twice i dont think were ever on the same team cuz ofthe wine boxes at whipples that say u cant have 2 pl with fass guns on the same team or let the tourney team be together or all te cockers together god that anoying im putiing that in the annoying thread haha
Matrix #01867
12inch OTP
trinity
bolt kit
curvey volumizers
trauntula matrix stick
free flow breach nob
68/45 maxflow
CP mini gas threw
freak kit
ND halo no rise

www.lostaddiction.vze.com
pbgod68cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 10:16 AM   #60
painteater.com

Cool tactic of doom!!!!

just lay down at one corner of the field and cumpletely splat anyone that gets within 30 feet of you!!!!!. or you can be super duper aggresive, and bum rush like a crack addict witha screw driver.