pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 02-07-2002, 05:08 PM   #61
Yen
Hey, who is that? *Clack*

Send a message via AIM to Yen
When playing speed ball against someone who is keeping you behind that bunker, put your head as low too the ground as possible (i put it right on the dirt) and stick my head out. They will never expect your head to come out down that low, even if they see you they will have to reajust thier aim to hit you giving plenty of time to get back into cover, works wonders even against torney guys.
If your team is getting slaughtered and you know you are like the last one left, get up and move in a cercular motion around your bunker shooting like a madman. I got 4 eliminations this way. (It didn't win the game but it felt good ) Try them.
Old 02-09-2002, 06:27 PM   #62
IromKnight
Banned

what i do if ur pinned down behind a tree or something (i only play woodball cuz i hate pay-per-play) take off your gloves or your hat or something and throw it to the left of your cover. wait a split second and then peak around to the right and pick him off. make sure the person who has you pinned is somewhat close, on the order of 30 ft. if the person is more than 100 ft away he'll just watch the gloves go by and peg you. otherwise this works every time!

Last edited by IromKnight : 02-10-2002 at 04:09 PM.
IromKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 05:22 PM   #63
Paint Bulley
Super POSER

Location: Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and
Send a message via ICQ to Paint Bulley Send a message via AIM to Paint Bulley Send a message via Yahoo to Paint Bulley
last weekend this happened (we all got out)

.......................YOU........................ ........

.......-------...............................................

......opponent.................................... .....
------
.................................................. .opponent.......

all people are behind bunkers.... what would you do??

those lines are unused bunkers...

---
Note if you go after the guy on the left you are wide open for the guy on the right
Paint Bulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 03:53 PM   #64
Paintsmoke
OW....you b@stard...

Send a message via AIM to Paintsmoke
i usually do something that works 50/50

Shoot a lot blind fire, when i hear no return shots i run out and try to find a new bunker. Repeat until im as close as possible. Then i do a kamikaze mass-bunker attempt
CP Flame DF
CP on/off asa
68/4500 CenterFlag tank
Ricochet AK Hopper
Steel Braided Line
Quote:
Originally posted by Ebonclaw
Hi...my name's Ebon...and I've been selling my body for 6 years now......
oh....wait...wrong...wrong support group....
Quote:
Originally posted by Ebonclaw
Geez...I've worn bras that were more supportive than you guys....
Paintsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 05:49 AM   #65
Henry_the_Lion5

THIS APPLIES TO ALL TYPES OF PAINTBALL GAMES!!!!

In any game GET GOOD FEILD POSITIONS! Move lots, Suround your enemy, Its VERY hard to overcome an enemy shooting from all fronts. Not in front but left, right and behind. I know for a fact.
Henry_the_Lion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 12:53 PM   #66
CoolPiranhaGuy

Ok I dont like moving around in big groups just groups of 1 or 2. but when im alone [most of the time i am] i run down the tape and get real close to the enemy then lite em up. the down side is i hate communicating with my team so they hardly no were i am and sometimes i get shot at by them. When i do move with another person its usually covering r flanks. so what i do is get an older an taller guy. im like 1 of the younger guys an im only like 4ft 11in an tell him 2 act like there is 5 or so of us. example he goes u go ova there u over there there an u over there an stuff like that it makes them think they r outnumbered.
CoolPiranhaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 06:21 PM   #67
Devastator
unemployed

Thisis just funny.

I have an extra damaged mask I couldn't use, so I just ge that, put it near a trail, a bunch of leaves, put an old cassate player that plays "eye of the tiger" loud enough that can hear it but muffled so it doesn't seem to obvious, and just hide close to it, but very well, and if ya' can;t hide well, go a bit aways. Works most of the time. Funny too, ya' should put it in the mask, and walk in with it on your belt, usually works once, then they know its fake the next game.

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot

Are you pro-gun? Do you need a grand information resource? This is it. - In want of history's great masterpieces? Project Gutenberg Free of charge and any sort of hassle, over 17,000 books, for your perusal.
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 07:27 PM   #68
Crash Danger
Pokey The Penguin

Location: Allentown, and they're closing all the factories down
Send a message via AIM to Crash Danger
Re: Thisis just funny.

Quote:
Originally posted by Devastator
I have an extra damaged mask I couldn't use, so I just ge that, put it near a trail, a bunch of leaves, put an old cassate player that plays "eye of the tiger" loud enough that can hear it but muffled so it doesn't seem to obvious, and just hide close to it, but very well, and if ya' can;t hide well, go a bit aways. Works most of the time. Funny too, ya' should put it in the mask, and walk in with it on your belt, usually works once, then they know its fake the next game.
ROFL

"Eye of the Tiger" hahaha
Crash Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 01:40 PM   #69
Ded

Re: My variation of a deads man walk, amazing worked!

Quote:
Originally posted by ^Psycho^Skillz^
Hey I was just reading a post about a guy pulling a dead mans walk further down and that reminded me of a move I pulled a long while ago. Just wondering whether you guys think this is as "cheap" as a dead mans walk or not.

Personally, I find this one to be slightly fairer since it is pretty hard to pull off without being shot, especially if u stand out (like I do ) or play with regulars hwo know you.

Well anyway, we were playing a semi-speedball type field and I kamikazed myself up to the middle right at the beginning like always. Then, I turned around running backwards and firign at my own team (my friend already knew my plan and was purposely hiding behind an easily observable bunker) I ran backwards to the OTHER teams front line (now facing my own team). I continued moving backwards until I was at the back end of the opposing team, where I easily took them all out in the back...they all thought I was on their team

I've tried that again a few times hasnt worked too well as I'm usually shot by friends who know me or newbies that cant tell the difference

What do u guys think of a move like that if someone pulls it successfully? Cheap or tactical?

i don't think it's cheap at all, i also don't think i legally performed dead man's walk is cheap either, i think they ar eboth funny as hell though and excellent strategies to use in rec games but don't pull anything sneaky like that in a tournament because then it is pretty cheap, there's too much on the line in tourneys to be a sneaky little *******.
Ded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 04:12 PM   #70
Tate
ThE kInG oF LaZiNeSs

Send a message via AIM to Tate
My favorite tactic.. well it wasnt exactly a tactic.. but it worked nicely.. i was pinned down behind a tree by one of my friends.. he was just standing up shooting whenever i moved to either side.. (we were the only ones left) so i used that 2 my advantage.. i popped out one side real quick snapped off a shot then rolled to the other side and dropped to one knee.. he didnt have enough time to react cuz he thought i was on the other side and i shot him twice in the chest.. uh oh did my tippy just beat an angel?? hmm who just wasted $900?
Polished Internals
14oz Co2 w/cap
Custom trigger mods
chrome pb 8stage xc,
Black pb drop forward,
Black pb dbl trigger
Quote:
Originally posted by Jiggaman8604
oh man tate...ive seen people bored but im going to build you a shrine... your the king of laziness!

ALL HAIL TATE!!
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 01:21 PM   #71
sean3787
Banned

Send a message via AIM to sean3787
The best tactic i picked up, was get pods or something non-valuable u have, liek a hopper or pod, Find a spot where no one can see u from anyway. Throw a pod or hopper or what ever ur using in path u think ur enemy will be coming, When they walk toward the object, theyll go "awesome a So and SO" adn when they bend down to pick it up, BBBAAAMMM, you shot like hell!!!!
sean3787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 07:51 PM   #72
namida
drano and aluminum foil

what i did is pray!!right before a huge tournament i prayed and i placed 2nd!!well another good tactic i found is when you run zig zag!!!and if you can do fullauto fire,godfather their asses!!***hey wont wanna face you again if you give them killer bruises and a headache!!be dustructive as possible!!seriously!!i was playing at a killer night pond and we had a canoe.So we put the canoe upside down in the water and held our guns over water under the canoe.Dont do this with a lectro!!!get the piss shocked outta yah and screw up ur gun if you actedentally go under water!!!and have someone with no gun to push the canoe over and just blast the chit outta the enemy!
namida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 03:51 PM   #73
halB
Now a recognized religion

in a fire fight a cop will make cover out of the ground by laying on their stomachs and shooting from there. it prevents a much smaller target and while u sacrifice mobility you are incredibly hard to hit, so next time u think theres no cover, use the ground.
halB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 05:08 AM   #74
Dyesupporter
It doesnt get any better

Send a message via AIM to Dyesupporter
I play speedball (yes speedball) and my best tactic is to take chances, dont be conservitave, take those risks, bunker or get bunkerd, one time i was in a v shaped duck bunker (meening i had to crouch) and there were 2 people in a lay down about 5 feet away (they werent on my team) and then 2 others sneeking up behind me for a bunker move. So at this time hope is lost right? no because they wernt expecting the most aggresive move i have ever maid. I snap shoted enough at the 2 in the laydown so they would duck back into the bunker, so they think its safe to look back up and at this time i was bunkering them, the raised there markers and left the feild. I then ran all the way across the feild, bobbing and weeving long enough that the 2 other players had to reload, so i bunkerd them. Tada game won, and i took a chance with another huge benafit. a scout was watching me do this and i ended up on a team.
I once read a post about a kid who had 4,000 and wanted to know if he should get a Brass Eagle Blade or an autococker, i dont have the quote but he said sumthin like "im thinking blade cuz' there small and i can have two of them, and there really cool" so i beat myself with my boomstick barrel trying to make sense of his nonsense, i came to the conclusion that this kid should never give paintball a single thought ever again, and my head hurt.

[quote]Originally posted by -=ReD-hAzE=-
[b]thats enough... remove yourselves from the area... or i will personally exucute each and everyone of you with a shotgun blast to the arse... comprendea(sp?)
Dyesupporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 01:33 PM   #75
Squidboy
The Master of the SQUID!!

My favorite tactic is to use shock tactics.

Step 1: When the whistle goes, take one teammate (a fast runner) and RUN LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL toward the enemy, firing like a banshee. The ones who don't run lay cover fire LOTS OF IT!

Step 2: KEEP FIRING! KEEP RUNNING from bunker to bunker, advancing always, only retreat if it will draw someone out.

Step 3: BUNKER AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE! Run as fast as you can, firing all the time at the enemy. Zig Zag as you run. Volume of fire is the name of the game. The enemy even sneezes out of a bunker, lay into him. When you get behind them, shoot them. They will have to have their attention in three places at once, on you and on your teammate, who is using the same tactics, and your covering fire.

Step 4: PULL THE FLAG AND RUN AS FAST AS IS HUMANLY POSSIBLE! Keep bunkers between you and the enemy at all times. NEVER STOP! EVER!

The cover fire should be volumous enough to keep the enemy's heads down. You running in zig zag fashion should keep you from being hit. When you pull the flag, run to another teammate, hand the flag to him if it is legal. If it is legal, start dumping fire in the enemy direction. If it is not legal to hand off the flag, your teammate is a human shield for a little while.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Crash Danger
If Jesus paintballed I'm sure he'd be pretty good.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 04:12 PM   #76
IRPaintballer
*no comment*

Send a message via AIM to IRPaintballer Send a message via Yahoo to IRPaintballer
My dead man walk

This is my version of the dead man's walk, and like the others it only works once. On most fields one team walks to the far side and one team stays close to the exit. if you are the team on the far side, this will work. If not, don't try it.

When the game starts and you start walking to your base/flagbay/home/whatever, dont take out your barrel plug/condom. Hide where no one can see you and jsut sit tight for a few minutes. When no one is looking stand up and start walking to the enemy base (with your barrel plug still in) once you reach the exit/enemy base, take off your barrel plug and lay down some massive paint. It is fun as hell to do this, especially when playing against newbies cuz they are all back in their bases and are so close you can take them all in a metter of seconds.
IRPaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 07:00 PM   #77
Squidboy
The Master of the SQUID!!

My best center flag tactic ever.

If playing two on your team, one is back, one is forward
If playing three, two are back, one is forward
" " five, three " ", two are "
" " seven, four " ", three " "
" " ten, six " ", four " "
follow this pattern to infinity

Have the back men DUMP PAINT at the whistle and try to keep the other team in a couple bunkers and eliminate them by VOF and ROF. The forwards move quickly forward to pull the flag and find bunkers to start dumping from. Back men move up, still firing until at front players. Front players move forward and bunker people and get the hang.

Great if everyone has alot of paint, or you want to waist the rest of your paint (why? I don't know)

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

quote:
Originally posted by Crash Danger
If Jesus paintballed I'm sure he'd be pretty good.
Squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 11:13 AM   #78
The Sniper

I say take shots when u can hit the guy or when u have to cover someone and don't be afraid to get hit so do somethin stupid cause sometimes it work espically if u are a newbie.
The Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 03:52 PM   #79
Replicator11
My Gun, My Paint,Ur Head

My most favorite Tactic is to Shoot like crazy @ their bunker while moving quickly to another bunker then while they pop up to wait to shoot you then play tight, peer around a corner and Smack!
  • Vertical Reg
  • Freak Factory Bolt
  • Blade Trigger
  • SP Red Stickies
  • Tape Worm
  • PE 68c.i/4500 psi

Captain and front player of Team Frost Bite
Team Paint: Kickin'
Team Gun: : love: Impulse
Sponsers:none
Replicator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 05:30 PM   #80
The Sniper

I also like the waiting game. Don't try on some adults, they prob. can wait longer. If a enemy is hiding in a bunker just him/her pinned down until you can move into a position where they won't see you and you can shoot them and wait until u have a perfect shot then unload 3 shots.
The Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote