pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 09-03-2002, 02:07 PM   #101
BlackMagic23
SumLongShlong

Where a fluffy pink bunny suit 9 yes it has to be fluffy). Everyone on the other team would be like wtf is that and b4 they start shooting at you, you can get a few of them out. PS. make sure you have a pink mask, gloves, and and gun to match your suit. Good Luck.
CT 3-way
AKA sidewinder
AKA lightning delrin bolt
Freeflow hammer kit
Freeflow valve
shocktech LP chamber
Shocktech rebuildable ball detent
evil beavertail
clear dye stickies
kapp drop zone 2
Full freak set
boomstick
68/4500 raptor rex
revolution w/ WAS board and J&J impellers
Quote:
Originally posted by Ebonclaw
Don't think we can't touch you, we can.
Go online march 31th at 8pm EST. We're going to break the most people online at one time record. Do your part in history!
BlackMagic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 03:05 PM   #102
Nova Ideal

Then Again, perhaps not
Nova Ideal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 01:46 PM   #103
spiker_doo
Mr. Thundercleese

I know it has already been said but we were playing and i used my flash to engage three people who were all clumped together in some pine trees (idiots) and my team mate crawled through the tall grass all the way around and shot them in the backs....another funny thing was when the same guy set his hat up just over a bunker and all you could see was the hat and while they were unloading on that he snuck around and bunkered the last 3 ppl lol

And we make a kite outta squirrels and fly it to the moon!
~Brak

And remember three hams will surely kill him!
~Mr. Thundercleese

Fire is bad Meatwad!
~Frylock
spiker_doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 09:36 AM   #104
Crusher95348
LiveItLoveIt

in a 1 on 1...

When you're about to nail the last guy on you and you run up on him and he sees you, start firing back at him and never turn away. they're only paintballs they can't kill you. Always the first person to turn away loses.
Old 10-19-2002, 01:23 PM   #105
corn_beast

Question

D-day 2002 was the best
2003 d-day even better

I was on the 1st division the ones that go of the boat.

After we took the beach I head to german bravo base via crawling a long was. till I got to the edge of the base. I waited till a group of 8 were going down the road. I made sure my revvy was on a ripped them up. Then I ran back into deeper woods. were I met up with a member of my home team. We both set up ambushes until a team final came and got us.

18 kills on that round
corn_beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 10:56 AM   #106
The_Crazy_Hobo
unstable homeless man

Send a message via AIM to The_Crazy_Hobo
sniper?

just wanna make a quick point... waaay early on, on the first page, somebody said: "don't be a CAMPER, be a SNIPER!"
now isn't that just a bit of an oxymoron? a sniper finds a good position to sit in, and he sits waiting for ppl to come into his line of sight so he can pick them off.... wouldn't that be what you'd call a camper? get yer terms right!

www.sev-x.com
7x Teen Ministries. We're for real.
The_Crazy_Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 11:00 AM   #107
The_Crazy_Hobo
unstable homeless man

Send a message via AIM to The_Crazy_Hobo
to blackmagic

hey man, has anybody ever come up to you, seen how it seems you talk, think and act all the time, maybe looked at your avatar, and said, "you're an idiot!" ?

www.sev-x.com
7x Teen Ministries. We're for real.
The_Crazy_Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 11:30 AM   #108
paintballjnke44
Chaotic Reign_Kid

Send a message via AIM to paintballjnke44
I would have to say this worked best have teammates put paint on where the enemy is at while you push up or go for a flank then you can nail the guy it worked realy well

"Half of life is ****ing up - the other half is dealing with it."

"Do the Dew"

[color=light blue]03 Blue shocker
Messiah Inline Reg
Empire Drop with on/off
Freak Barrel
Evolution 2 with y Board
68ci 3,000 psi Nitro duck tank
Sp Factory Upgrades
Custom trigger[/color]
paintballjnke44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 06:35 PM   #109
R.U-A.S.S Rocks

Run the F**K Up And Shoot Somebody
R.U-A.S.S Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 11:16 AM   #110
hurleypunker_84

basic tactics

Never pop up in the same position when your behind a bunker, keep nice and tight against the bunker and make sure nothing is exposed.
Never concentrate on just one guy. I almost learned this the hard way, i was shooting at just one guy from just one side of the bunker, as soon as i got him out, i peeked around the other corner of my bunker and a guy had snuck up to the bunker straight across from me, about 7 feet away, as soon as i poked my head around head had his gun pointed right at, i was quick enough to duck back in, peeked up from a different spot of my bunker and took him out.
hurleypunker_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 03:49 PM   #111
Kent007

Location: western MD ((McHenry)) 3 min. from Deep Creek Lake and 5 min. from WISP resort
1 on 1

When I play, most of the time any more it's just 1 0n 1.
there used to be 8 guys in our group but thay just wont get together any more. Anyway, we (My friend and I) were playing the other sunday afternoon.
>Always know were your opponent is.
It scares people to death when you dont know where the world the guys at and if you have cover from him or not (believe me, i know!)

I always play in the woods, not a woods field, just in the woods around our houses.

If you get behind a good thick tree, crouch. a smaller target is always harder to hit. Stay Low and Keep Tucked In!!
On of the mistakes my buddy made was he [u]stood[u] behind his trees. We played three games and I won them all (Tippmann 98c - vs. - Tippmann 98c) by nailing him square in the gut first game and then gogging him in the mouthpiece in the second game. In the third game he ran out of paint and air at the same time so he surrendered.

Sorry for the story...the moral is ... HIDE!
Dont let them figure out where you are!

Good Snipin'!!

Don't mind me, I'm just crazy

Tippmann 98c
X-chamber
rear vel. adj.
12v revvy
20 + 24 oz tank w/ on/offs
flex 7 thermal gogs
32*degrees 14" Whisper
32* " Remote
4+1 harness with basic 100 rd. tubes

CPPA#1228
Kent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 12:19 PM   #112
Super 3

Send a message via AIM to Super 3
DUCK WALKING

the painful walk they made you do in PE is back! This works very well in a dense field (as in alot of bunkers), with lots of tall bunkers or ones that you can duck walk around but still remain out of their line of sight. It's faster than crawling and puts you down lower than simpling crouching plus you can drop quickly all the way prone or if your good dive and roll behind a bunker. it hurst like hell but it's worth it to see the look on their face when you shoot them from a bunker they where sure no one was at.
2k2 STO
Spyder Tl Plus

If I was a Monkey I'd be the baddest Monkey in the Jungle.
Super 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 04:04 PM   #113
Morginie

Tactics

For outdoor in the woods my fav tactic is to stay away from the experienced guys and hang with the group of newbs who walk up in the middle in a really packed bunch of renters. Anyways I stay a good 50 feet away from them and I am really quite and stealthy. Of course they get lit up by the other newbs coming up the middle. So I simply creep around the other group of newbs and light them all up. And the newbs on my team go and take the flag thinking their rental pump gun gods. For speedball or indoor I think the best tactic is to do the unexpected. Like when your in a bunker and another guy is in a bunker and your like 20 feet away from eacothere. You guys pop up at eachothere and shoot and go back down then pop up again and so on. Well while he pops up and finishes shooting I lay a hailstorm of paint down on his bunker and at the same time I run at it and when I get there I shoot him. They never expect it. And here's a funny story from playing with first time pballers. I'm playing indoor and theres some newbs. Well anyways the reff tells them about mercy and how if your close enough you can mercy a guy and if he doesn't surrender you shoot him. Well theres this newb just shooting and I dive into a bunker that's across from him (it was about 50 feet away from his bunker) this kid sees me and yells MERCY! And he stands up at me from 50 feet away and starts yelling mercy. At which point I get up and lay 20 shots on him. THen this kid has a spasm saying he mercied me! From 50 feet away he couldn't of even shot me because I was behind a bunker. Anyways I had quite a laugh (inside my head) seeing the reff explain it to him.
Morginie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 10:24 PM   #114
Havoc717
Forever he runs...

Send a message via AIM to Havoc717
The best advice I can give to new people...(which has probably been said twice already, but maybe I'll get lucky with one of these)

-Don't stay behind one bunker for too long. If you see a good bunker, take it. I usually just fire a few rounds at any bunker that I've seen a person posting on me from, half of the time they don't see my move.

-When you get into a bunker, look everywhere. It's really easy to forget this in the heat of the game, but try to keep this in your head without losing focus. You never know when your opponent has an angle on you. My second time I got a really good person out who made this mistake, he was just crouching, focused on one spot, and I had a perfect shot at him without even moving from the safety of my bunker.

-In 2 vs. 2's, or any match where you and only one person are left, make sure you both move out almost evenly. Don't move up too far ahead of your teammate, and don't fall too far behind, because then they get pinned down, hit, and you're next. You must both move as a team, not two individuals.

-I can't stress this enough, but work all of your bunker. I've seen many people make the mistake of just popping out over the top, or one side of their bunker the entire time they are at that spot. Any good player can take advantage of that in a second. If you aren't that great, don't pop up over the top that much, but don't completely avoid it.
Havoc717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 01:25 PM   #115
DeathBringer454

i wear an old wetsuit i got at a garage sale for $20, i wear it under my clothes and nobody notices, paint bounces off me like crazy at a small distance
-total freak system
-68ci 3k nitro duck
-shocktech drop
-ricoche 2k
-2finger .45 benchmark grip fame
DeathBringer454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 04:27 PM   #116
funky monkey 07

Send a message via AIM to funky monkey 07
Arrow fake em out (HAHAHA)

This only works at night but is really cool if they fall for it, the usually do.

Take a sock and stuff somthing kinda heavy in it that u can throw. Make it to be the size of your fist or a grown mans fist. Next time ur playing a 24hr. scenario take with u on the feild at night. When u come up to a building and there r people in there that wont come out get ur group to get cover, and the throw it in there and yell grenade. They will most likely all come running out and then thats when ur teamates start to stich them up, or they will walk out with their hands in the air thinking it was a real paint grenade(depending on weither or not the rules say u have to have paint on u from the nade or if one is thrown, the building is emptyed.)

try it u will be surrprised at how many people fall for it and get shot up.
funky monkey 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 06:53 AM   #117
mrpeanut
i love spyders

well im a newb, but this tactic seemed to work well for me, I went with a friend and we stuck about a foot to 2 feet apart and moved really fast, whenever something moved we would both fire, thus, shoting more balls. we cleared out an entire trench using this method!
mrpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 07:47 AM   #118
BoyWithImpulse

not really my best but just a good tactic in like a 3 on 3 or somethin. Middle man sweet spot, once they slide in make a run,get to the second or third bunker. They then will not know where you are. 1 second 1 snap and they are
12v Revvy

Lookin for nice electro (angel, trix, ect.) Not too expensive, trade or cash.

Front Mid for team "Out Cold"

Heyhey, what up! Dont want to start a new account but i'm no longer an impulse owner. Now a proud owner of an autococker.

AUTOCOCKER PRIDE!!!!!!
BoyWithImpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:31 PM   #119
jdw_56
Beauty.

Send a message via AIM to jdw_56 Send a message via Yahoo to jdw_56
thats a great tactic, it may not seem like much but knowing where the opposition is when they don't is a HUGE advantage. some players will also stay behind cover not watching the field if just a few balls smack their bunker. gret tactics for the simple minded.
Platinum Swap Including Star Trigger and Frame
DART Bolt
jdw_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 12:40 PM   #120
Lipton
whats this do again?

Re: whoa! too many replys

Quote:
Originally posted by Pookister569
well anyway i would say a good tactic is to do something really crazy, something your opponent won't predict. like running like hell and getting behind them and shooting them up. or just being a sneaky ******* and slowly crawl around a bunker that has a bad guy. :p

i totally agree! in speedball i just run up the flank of the course and shoot every1 on their flank! they never expect it 2 happen but it does now!
Lipton is offline   Reply With Quote