pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 10-03-2003, 08:43 PM   #141
Stealth07

Send a message via Yahoo to Stealth07
Best tatic i've ever seen was when are team went into the pond on the property(woodsball) and pulled a rambo on the other team hehe o man those priceless screams of scared the **** out of them o boy
Stealth07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 03:35 AM   #142
BlackSabbath
I Like SLAYER

in speedball i like stay at the quater mark couse i am a back player. you should trie to be behind a cilinder or a tree instead of a wooden bunker. thisa voids getting bunkered
BlackSabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 05:20 PM   #143
tippmannkid98

i personally like sniping. i get as far as i can at the start, and then i lay down(usually in a pile of sticks or a bunch of trees and just wait. i have a pretty good ear to here shots. also, i usually have a man on my left or right or both. they give me cover fire and draw attention away from me( if i shoot and miss, they know the general direction which it came from, so the newbies that are in awe of my gun are forced by me to run away from me and draw alot of attention while i sit as still as possible watching the little kids get beat down).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tippmann Model 98
Flatline Barrel System
Tasco 4x15 rifle scope
sight rail of a spyder
Viewloader turborev w/ was revvy
PMI 20oz CO2

Last edited by tippmannkid98 : 11-16-2003 at 05:22 PM.
tippmannkid98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 01:40 PM   #144
penguins_r_kewl
Shlumpeet

run up to there bunker when they're not firing, when they pop out of the bunker there already dead.
Old 12-07-2003, 06:48 PM   #145
p8ntfreak1

Send a message via AIM to p8ntfreak1
Say one guy is in a bunker across the field and they can see your head sticking out of one end of your bunker, you crouch back in they think your gonna' go to the other side, you dont etc, they get shot out. YYYYAAAAYYYY!!!
p8ntfreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 06:30 AM   #146
pbjwa7989
.....woah......

Send a message via AIM to pbjwa7989
tactics

THE FAKIE--
when u r fighting with somebody that you want/need to bust the move one, pick the side you want to come out. lets say right side of your bunker. let him know that is the side of the bunker you are going to come out of and dominate(yes, let him know which side you are comming out of). he'll think u suck and that he knows you're going to come at him from that side. when u put him in run out of the side of you bunker, he'll come out on the other side thinking he'll just rail you, but just as he starts to come out that side you switch your gun to that side, still running forward. then (important part!) you mus stop shooting and commit to the opposite side. yeah seems confusing but its right, left, right. you fake right, fake left, commit right. when you stop shooting he'll come out the left side of his bunker trying to find you. by then you should be at his bunker at the right side, where hes not expecting you, and shoot his dumb *** in the back.
if done right it will leave him totally dumbfounded. however this move is very hard to pull off. when i first tried it it never worked and i got my head blown off. but after some practice this move is very effective and will leave you the talk of the feild. the main thing to remember is done give up on it if it doesnt work right away keep tryin

FAKIE RUN THROUGH--
to accomplish this move you will have to have mastered the fakie move listed above. its pretty simple.... after you pull off the fakie you are probabally going to get eliminated by the other teams back men. so you get your back men to lay down fire for you on their back men, you fakie the first front man, go crazy and pull off a run through shooting and bunkering the next closest person (remember: never stop running!) you should get at least one more person out after the fakie guy and i think 1 for 2,3 or more is worth the sacrafice. ive yet to try this move but ive seen it been pulled off at the local feild by some guys who taught me the fakie, and some pros like lasoya and some of the dynasty.

SNAP SHOOTING--
very important skill for a front man. when ur in ur bunker instead of poping out and pooring on round after round on your man, try kneeling, tuck your marker close to you making your profile as small as possible and pop your marker out and part of your head, take a 2 or 3 shots and pop back in. its kinda like the socom game--you press the right or left button and he leans over to see around a corner or down a wall.

BACK MAN--
i deal thing for a back man to do is find a nice bunker about 1/4 up the feild and just lay on paint on their front men and their back men when you front men are trying to advance or bunker someone.
pbjwa7989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 05:44 PM   #147
chief2003

Should you ever find yourself with 3 or more players, tell them on the count of three you all start painting every bunker they even think some one may be at. everyone use at least 30 shots. then duck back down. do this a few times. It scares most of the other team, and really keeps them down. it also makes them less willing to move not knowing when to expect it again.
chief2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 10:18 AM   #148
ZZYZX
Bigger, Longer, Uncut

I usually ask the other team, "Hey, my mom says I'm not allowed to get lit up. Please don't shoot me! Those things sting!"

They will usually say "Oh, no problem."

Then as you casually walk by them, you can unload 200 rds into their backs.

It hasn't worked yet, actually, but with a little practice...I think I've got a new signature move!

Armotech Zeus G2
PMI Trracer Tagmaster
Brass Eagle Stingray I
PMI Piranha VTL
ZZYZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 10:57 AM   #149
Juvenile
Black Label

Send a message via AIM to Juvenile
Quote:
Originally posted by ZZYZX
I usually ask the other team, "Hey, my mom says I'm not allowed to get lit up. Please don't shoot me! Those things sting!"

They will usually say "Oh, no problem."

Then as you casually walk by them, you can unload 200 rds into their backs.

It hasn't worked yet, actually, but with a little practice...I think I've got a new signature move!
I would light your up even if you said that crap.
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 12:01 PM   #150
SpAz100
Eli Whitney > Jenna Baby

Send a message via AIM to SpAz100
as would i, i would especially aim for you then. u can't play pb and not expect to get hit
Karta Body (05 rail) 310/310
Dye Ultralight 14in 0/60
Empire Reloader B 150/150
Cusom Emag Panels from Luke 35/35
Why be an Angel when you can be a A GoD
SpAz100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 06:37 PM   #151
tomotmho

The Best tatic is learning the fields most used areas and hideing in the bushes waitin for the other team to walk up to you, or send any newbies off and tell them to kill all the other team (Use them as bait)
tomotmho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 08:16 AM   #152
plamakr

Send a message via AIM to plamakr
Thumbs down the cost of ur gun does not matter

In order to be a person who is feared on the paintball field you first have to know where every one one the other team is at all times (unless ur playing a huge game). Second the cost of ur gun does not matter dont let anyone tell u any diffrent what matters is wether or not u know how to move and use all obsticals to ur advantage. Slowly moving forward is the best tactic. If u find ur self moving backward constantly u suck HOLD UR GROUND. next dont fire just because wait for a shot if u do this u will also find ur self constantly losing.
And never "run and gun" be at a stand still when ur shooting
plamakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 01:13 PM   #153
orpheo

Send a message via ICQ to orpheo
retreat

Organising a massive retreat is confusing to the enemy , they are not sure why you are running , where you are running , and how many are running , if the retreating team is fast enough they can leave the enemy way back , with gives them time to organize a ambush or leave hidden groups of infantry behind , the enemy will try to catch on and will therefor , because they are speeding , get sloppy , they wont check every single hidding place as they will attempt to engage on what they believe is the main enemy retreat

Of course , you may not just run or the enemy will be aware of what you are up to , try to make them believe you are taking a beating , fire while retreating , fire while in covering position and when fired back run making them believe you are not up to fight , the enemy will definitly start to become to confident and before they know it they will be surrounded , the ambush team must lie low , it must split from the main force when not seen , and remain still until time to launch the assault is apropiate , the use of radios is a great aid to coordinate actions , to avoid friendly fire and pass information on the enemys movements , since the main force is engaging the enemy they can indicate aprox numbers , location , enemys attack formation and defense and even suggest the place where the ambush team would inflict more damage.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:48 PM   #154
sk8er_boy1125

duh

Throw a grenade and shoot as its falling! If your oponet knows you threw grenade at them there most like going to runsome where wich gives you an advantage to shoot them as there runing. Oh if they dont know you threw a grenade dont bother to waste your balls let the grenade explode!

Always works for me and know one figured it out yet. or just simply stay on the move
sk8er_boy1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 01:01 PM   #155
theguyonthenet
A shrubbery?

Choose where you flank your opponents. Choose the most over grown, darkest, most vile area. The other team will not be expecting a strike from, they assume, an impassible area. Works great in woodsball but is hard to stay in bounds.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:37 PM   #156
trandy1001

Be Smart... Yeah

When playing a smaller game, know where your buddy is, and your opponent. Your senses are key, if your mask is all foggy, then your gone. Always wait until the last possible second to shoot, because then you have surprise on your side. Do not panic, smartly aimed single shots are better than a barrage of rounds. Make yourself as small a target as possible, and always use cover. Stealth is your friend, if you see someone coming, don't steamroll them right away, wait until they are within a safe range, then fire. Don't be predictable, not as in going Rambo, but taking a different or not too well traveled route. Also, when playing in a team, players must be able to play just as effectivly alone as when with the rest of their group. Most of all, things change, and fast, so be adaptable, use your head,
trandy1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 01:36 PM   #157
PoisnenedAgain
germanskya

Send a message via AIM to PoisnenedAgain
when someone knows where you are and are watching your bunker, wave your hand out of the bunker. it wastes their paint and if you do it enough when they reload you can move.
PoisnenedAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 06:47 AM   #158
xXniTemAreXx
Look! IM NOOB!!! :)

Send a message via AIM to xXniTemAreXx
lock down

you know what the iron men do? lock down, thats what i do, but i do it my way. What i do is do the normal lock down, 1 person on each side of the field, aiming down the other persons lane so that nobody goes thru, BUT, also, i send 1 person down each lane, so there are 2 people locking down, and 2 people rushing..(ussualy i send sykos to rush or people i hate.)
xXniTemAreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 04:46 PM   #159
AirJet
Banned

Stay tight to a Bunker, and waste Paint my best strategy.
AirJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 07:49 PM   #160
Cx Threepio
AKA Die Hard

Send a message via AIM to Cx Threepio
Quote:
Originally posted by PoisnenedAgain
when someone knows where you are and are watching your bunker, wave your hand out of the bunker. it wastes their paint and if you do it enough when they reload you can move.
Your gun works too, me and about 10 other guys were holed up in a castle at a scenario 2 days ago, there were people at the foot of the hill, behind a pile of rocks, and behind bushes. so I kept sticking half my gun out of the door and pulling it in really quick. It wasted a lot of their rounds before they figured out that I wasn't gonna show myself.
Cx Threepio is offline   Reply With Quote