pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 03-28-2004, 09:51 AM   #161
Guitar Junki 16
Live Straightedge

Send a message via AIM to Guitar Junki 16
Divide and Conquer

As Napolean once said ::slaps on french accent:: "Divide and Conquer"

I think this is the most important strategy of all. Just don't get your teammates caught in the crossfire.
Guitar Junki 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:45 PM   #162
AirJet
Banned

Yeah but rember, it was Napoleon who got his butt kicked by General Winter.
AirJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 02:01 PM   #163
Zedthephish
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zedthephish
I personally like to go into a small game (2 vs 2ish) with only about 30-40 shots in my hopper, and one pod, which is hidden. usually i end up trading paint with some one for a little while and let my hopper run out. Sooner or later the other player is going to figure out im out of paint and come up and try to get me. as soon as i know their coming up i reload my hopper and open up.
Zedthephish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 04:42 PM   #164
ArcticH2O

Whether your bye yourself or have a few members left on your team in a game, you can always shoot at a guy's bunker and have another guy shoot at it, then you run up and shoot him right up his
ArcticH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 06:18 PM   #165
Mongoose87
You suck at life

Send a message via AIM to Mongoose87
thats assuming he has nobody behind him or next to him. If there is, your an easy target running up there to bunker him.
Mongoose87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 06:33 PM   #166
dude14

Send a message via AIM to dude14
i play woodsball and this strategy works almost everytime:

You gotta have camo to do this, LOTS of camo. First get some people with fast shooting fingers and tons of camo. Ur mask hasta b camo'd too and everything. i use camo cloth from my old clothes. Well if your not gettin flanked or anything and wanna get the game over with, get the camo'd guys in a wide, long U-shaped formation and get them hidden. Then get at least 3 or 4 players to run up and start shootin. Then they need to retreat fast when the other team naturally starts to advance. But if the other team doesnt advace, it wont work. Some of the retreating guys may get out, but thats ok. then the hopefully still advancing with-confidance-that-they-are-winning-the-game- opposing team members will fall into the middle of the U formation. Close the end of the U to form a circle and blast'em. Ive used the tactic a few times, but if they dont advance, it doesnt work. You can also do this on a smaller scale too. Just depends on the amount of people. Bein part of the camo'd U formation is fun. Especially the blasting part. it'll get out a good portion of the other team out. Everytime i've done it the people that get trapped all get out. Buut, after you do that your in a circle formation and you are in a vunerable position to the possibley-still-there other team.
dude14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 07:38 PM   #167
selmac
oooooohhhh shiny

i play woods ball and whenever i get into a fire fight like someone sneeking behind u or poping out of nowhere i fall over. most surprisingly it works really well cause u see all of them and they have a smaller target at a different place then they're expecting
selmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 05:44 PM   #168
dude14

Send a message via AIM to dude14
yea man, that works awesom^^^e. I was walkin through some tall grass one time and this kid popped up 20 feet away and feathered me. I dont know why, but i just naturally fell down, and he didnt even hit me! then i reached my gun up and blasted the little sucker.
dude14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 04:30 PM   #169
silentsnipe260

Amazing

Flanking is a tried and true manuever, which, when coupled with stealth can be very deadly. On one occasion i told my team to concentrate towards the center of the field while a friend and I flanked from oposite sides. He got out b/c he was moving too quickly and was noticed. I stayed in the brush and shade and managed to get completely behind the opposite team. Party time! I took out about 4 players on the other team quickly and then went to seperate bunkers and at point blank ask them to surender. So eight guys were out. Bout 5 left. I see my best friend and for some reason decide to be nice and asked him to surrender. All i got from him was a really strange look and 3 paintballs in the groin! Yeh, so don't ask people to surrender. And flank = good. thats my advice.
silentsnipe260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 05:53 PM   #170
k00leo
Blood Brothers

Location: where the sky is blue, the grass is green and where the girls flock to your every move.
Send a message via AIM to k00leo
I was never there!

One of my favorite tatics is to take the smallets guy of you team (witch was me at the time) and pile leaves and sticks on him. Leave him there and take the rest of your team and go to the end of the area. Let the enemy team pass by and than the small guy comes out with his semi-auto and hits all the ****ers in the back! I got like 3/5 outa this!
Old 06-09-2004, 06:24 PM   #171
Swlax4life
From now on I'm suddle.

Send a message via AIM to Swlax4life
THis works well when its a small game. Start shooting there bunkers then walk right up to them while still shooting there bunkers then pop over and shoot.

No what is funny though. I was playing on sunday and this kid tries flanking me so hes running right at me and im like yea im screwed so I see if I can just lay off just a few shots and get lucky. Well everyshot he took hit not even close to me. The closest to me was at my knees. After the game he told me somthing like he was so excited he was twichting and he could get a good shot off. So to all you at there who are being flanked by kids with easy stimulation dont be scared, they probally wont hit you. I think he had an orgasm he was so exicted, he had all this sticky stuff on his pants, oh wait that was my paint

Originally posted by Mr Murderdoll89
And no, Swlax is the man.

13 Siggers

Originally posted by Awhislyle-10/10
Holy hell you only an 04? Seems like youve been around forever!

Team Outcast
Swlax4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 06:46 PM   #172
sniper98

Send a message via AIM to sniper98
Talking

I like just workin in teams of two at a time. Me and my bro got ghillie suits so all we do is slowly move along secetly without notice and find a good spot in range of a target.No matter what we cant be seen.We wait until they think its safe and they start to move. soon as we have a clear shot we take it,1 shot 1 kill. And they still dont know where it came from. then we just move up to the next guy and do the same thing.
sniper98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 02:32 PM   #173
thadmag
motor--baby

Send a message via AIM to thadmag
hahahaha well my best tacktic when playing 1:1 speed bal is just plain stupid i just shootout and when he/she goes down keep on shooting the area that he/she is in and just spray so si he stays down and just say hey you out ulness you want to be shot from 2 feet away........hahahahahah
Old 07-21-2004, 08:49 PM   #174
PCW Admin

This idea works great for a rec field. ya see at my field there are two bases, and two entrances to each base. one way is dry, with randomly arranged cover, the other low in a dry creek with plenty of greens. now what I did was go there in winter and cut a THIRD passageway through thorn brush. now I can sneak through the brush and snipe at em. most times they shoot at the bunkers while I get em from the side! but now they have their own passageway. One is a tunnel under a tree trunk about 15' long, the other a mystery.....

SO the moral of this story is make like the CIA, cuz there are no rules in woodball....

Well dont just let them take your money and run, report bad buisness to PCW, Paintball consumer's watch, The Better Buisness Beuro of Paintball!

Report incidents to pcwtips@yahoo.com

PCW is a non-profit non-commercial reporting service operated by Kevin Bond, fore the sole purpose of informing consumers.
PCW Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 06:19 PM   #175
P8ntballman10
Banned

Crawling on the ground is a great tactic, because they last thing someone will look for in the heat of a paintball game is someone crawling. That's my

sry, but that was just random
P8ntballman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:39 PM   #176
TheMailMan1o1

Im a noob... but here's a quick one...

ok....

Quote:
5. And last but not least...NEVER underestimate you opponent...NEVER...
(originally quoted by: MeGotzGriffin)

I dont know how to do those cool quotes that you guys do...

but i was going to say...

Dont give your opponent too much credit.... its not good to say.... oh these guys suck... this will be easy (being over confident).... but also dont say "we are going to get killed by these guys..." (not being confident) tourny players are people too... they aint bots who will gog you 10 out of 10 times..... (well there are people who can do that) (but not everyone) when they get over confident use it to your advantage... i have seen many a player take advantage of this....

dont give too much credit... and dont put yourself down... Play to have fun.... practice makes perfect.......

D a V i D
Old 08-03-2004, 09:06 AM   #177
death1989angel
My gun Down

Send a message via AIM to death1989angel
Quote:
Originally posted by TRTChaoS
best tactical is "dont get shot!"

THIS IS THE BEST TACTIC
death1989angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:32 AM   #178
SwiftRaper
Owner of DyeHardPaintball

Send a message via AIM to SwiftRaper Send a message via Yahoo to SwiftRaper
Use the force..... ermm ***.

If you are in a bunker exchanging fire with someone you can poke your *** out and not only will this get them to waste paint, most balls that hit your *** will bounce.

Trust me this is why I try not to have to go against fat people.

If your a girl.... well you know what else you can use.
SwiftRaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 06:05 PM   #179
Kingman_Rodeo
dOn'T aNnOy ThE cRaZy MaN

I've been commended for my tactics by even a few pro's! Well here's one of my treasured tactics! Ok first get a good gun, I use a Piranha R6, and hide it. Now get a crappy gun like a Brass Eagle, then walk onto the field with it. Now you should be a prime target, in fact I guarantee it. Now while they're chasing you take cover quick and throw out your crappy gun, get out your good gun, and spray away, heck if you got a couple paint grenades like Bouncing Betties throw those out there and hide. Now many people have called me a coward for my tactics, but when I ask them why they attacked the guy with the Brass Eagle first, that shuts them up. Use it well! Oh this is what my enemies looked like after the game!

Now as a last note, a few times I've taken out at least half the team using just this tactic

Last edited by Kingman_Rodeo : 08-17-2004 at 10:47 AM.
Kingman_Rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 06:32 PM   #180
justanotherguy

if u are in a firefight with a guy who is behind a bunker and you are mostly behind a bunker, don't go down, even if paintballs are izzing inches from your head, if you take cover, you are at a disadvantage, he is set up and ready to shoot. u will have to pop up, locate him aim and then fire, all he has to do is aim an fire, plus if you don't take cover when paintball s are inches from your head, odds are if u get a paintball close to them, they are going in so you'll be out on top
justanotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote