pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 02-24-2004, 05:06 AM   #1
hummve88

BKO vs. Dragun T.E.S.

I have anrrowed my seach down to these two guns. These are around the same price. Which would you say has better overall performance?
hummve88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:24 AM   #2
Flaco305
ICD Nerd.

Send a message via AIM to Flaco305
I can't tell you which one is the best. Though, i can tell you about the BKO. Reliable, LP out of the box, tons of upgrades; new ones for the 04's. With upgrades can become a very lp effienct marker. Quality, tough body.

The bad..is prolly that its capped at 18 cuz of it 2 way solenoid which is a spring return unlike a 4 way. Also, no "anti-chop" mechnism is included. Although with an egg2 with Y you will have no problem at all. Also, you can always , install an SP Mod, or ICD's PDS. Another thing is the new "Xtreme BKO's" don't come with the best HPRegs out there. They kinda suck..but they will do the job. It has mixed results...some peole can deal with them..other can't and upgrade.
ICD Chat Member #2!
Dust Red Angel Speed (A4 Package)
Air America Apoc 2k 68/45
Cobra Blade Trigger
Egg w/ Z- Board
14" Freak Back with All American Front My pbreview feedback.
Flaco305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 08:24 AM   #3
chinesebugrepel
Self proclaimed hugenaut

I'd go for the BKO if I were you, but only if you can afford nitro. Shoots better stock than the tes and requires less upgrades to make it competative. It is mechanically capped at 18, but even assuming you are capable of pulling that you still probably won't get that high in a game because it takes too much concentration. Course, you really can't run co2 well on a bko, so if that's all you can afford get the tes.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebonclaw
Trust me, you don't want to argue with chinese.
chinesebugrepel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 08:54 AM   #4
Flaco305
ICD Nerd.

Send a message via AIM to Flaco305
You will be able to run one...but the cost of the upgrades to do so...will probably be the price of HPA system.
ICD Chat Member #2!
Dust Red Angel Speed (A4 Package)
Air America Apoc 2k 68/45
Cobra Blade Trigger
Egg w/ Z- Board
14" Freak Back with All American Front My pbreview feedback.
Flaco305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:57 PM   #5
Rancid Coleslaw
DirectX Placebo Effect

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...hreadid=189335

Rancid Coleslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 02:56 PM   #6
Gothmog
VeggiesAreWhatFoodEats-wb

Send a message via AIM to Gothmog
I think the Draguns are seriously under-rated. I have one of the originals and the only problems I've had was when I forgot to lube it properly before play. The BKO is certaintly nice, but I would probably go with the TES. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's bad. I like tinkering so none of my guns are normal, though.

Oh yeah, I've also had problems with people being unable to turn off the electonic safety when I loan it to them.

Airsoft Systems
The Grenadiers
Please Visit These Sponsors:
The Q Project
Tsunami
Tactical Air
Mr Paintball
AEX
Airsoft GI

Last edited by Gothmog : 02-24-2004 at 02:58 PM.
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 04:28 PM   #7
CoolT

It depends if you want an electro or blowback. The BKO is a real electro and the TES is a blowback. Decide which you want and how much $ you have to spend. A hidden cost to the BKO is that you need a good CO2 reg or HPA.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:50 PM   #8
kl1223

Quote:
Originally posted by chinesebugrepel
I'd go for the BKO if I were you, but only if you can afford nitro. Shoots better stock than the tes and requires less upgrades to make it competative. It is mechanically capped at 18, but even assuming you are capable of pulling that you still probably won't get that high in a game because it takes too much concentration. Course, you really can't run co2 well on a bko, so if that's all you can afford get the tes.
Truthfully, you could run C02 in a BKO with the right setup, although highly unrecommended.
kl1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:01 PM   #9
jdubau55
Master of the Dremel

Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
there are 2 threads taht are active right now that have the exact same question. run a search and read the stickies please before posting

My Gat: G3 VTL E-Force, PDP board and eye mod, Egg 2, Crossfire 88/45, BOSS delrin bolt, AA Vigilante (LP), PMI drop, Custom blade trigger, Custom switch setup
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote