The largest paintball backpack with air system storage space, crush resistant goggle bay, 8 barrel pockets including 2 in the 2 extra large removable marker cases, 4 large pockets as well as two large mesh pockets great for extra storage. Plastic formed back support, molded handle, sternum strap and padded hip belt. Excellent for all paintball players looking for a way to transport their equipment.
The Mantis M Pak is older, so while it may be available used and in a few cases new, it is not commonly available anymore.
Air Power Vector w/ CMI inline reg, KAPP Drop Zone II w/ KAPP on/off ASA, VL X-Board Revolution, 3k 88ci PMI Pure Energy tank, Macroline hoses, ADCO Swifty.
1) Comfortable straps
2) Lots of storage possibilites
3) Removable marker bags are pretty large.
4) Handy to transport.
5) Pockets and more pockets.
6) Even with a gun as wide and long as a Vector, it still went in easily. When I added the DZII to the equation, I had to slide the ASA off of the bar, but that is no big deal for me. Overall, I am happy with the pack.
1) It can get hard to close if the marker bags are too full.
2) The padding used in the marker bags is pretty thick. It causes the bags to squeeze against the mask when the pack is closed.
3) Could make the main pack closure flaps a little longer in the future, but if the marker is positioned just right while in the pack, it isn't too big of a deal.
The equip I have in mine is as follows:
1 Vector (I had to remove the reg and ASA adapter and place elsewhere in the bag)
1 Diablo Paradox
1 12oz Luxfer
1 3k 88ci tank
1 parts kit
1 VL X-Board 12v Revolution
1 APP Sight Feeder II
1 Raven Nuvis 1 2.0
1 roll teflon tape & Leatherman
1 Dual pod pak
1 BE Goggle Sack
2 elbows and barrel plugs
I have mine pretty well loaded and I still have pockets left to use. If I was only packing around equipment for one marker, I could easily remove 1 of the marker bags and have a ton more space. I am really glad that I invested in one of these packs.