**New Updated software for the AGD Emags and Xmags.
**SEMI Semi auto, fires when trigger is pulled
**RELS Semi auto, fires when trigger is released
**BRST Burst mode, adjustable from 2 to 9 round burst, stops shooting if trigger is released
**FULL Full auto, fires at rate of fire setting while trigger is pulled
**NXL X-Ball NXL Style legal ramping, three semi auto shots within 1 sec will enable the fourth shot to be full auto rate of fire must be set to 15 or below for this mode to be legal
**PSP X-Ball(Tournament) and PSP legal ramping, three semi auto shots within 1 sec will enable the fourth shot to be a three round burst, rate of fire must be set to 15 or below for this mode to be legal
**MIL Milennium Style (European Tournaments) legal ramping, ramping starts at 8 bps. rate of fire must be set to 15 or below for this mode to be legal
**HYPR Hyper mode, fires on pull and release of trigger
**PR-T Practice Trigger mode, The Dynamic ROF is displayed on the display as long as the trigger is being pulled. It is updated 4 times per second and the minimum value is 4. If the trigger has not been pulled the last value displayed stays on the screen for bragging rights.
Features (Incomplete list):
A complete list with descriptions is available in the manual.
Download it FREE from www.NiedTech.com
* Shot Buffer There is a one shot buffer for those who can pull the trigger faster than the gun can shoot
* ROF Adjustment This setting is universal and applies to all modes. The range is in 8 to 31bps, however assuming the solenoid is wired correctly the gun may not work at rates above 20bps without a full auto bug and an extremely high input pressure.
* Automatic Warp Advance When the trigger is pulled the warp feed will advance even if the ACE had disabled the gun from firing
* Manual Warp Advance Pressing the bottom button for less than one second will manually advance the warp feed
* Quick ACE Toggling Holding the bottom button for greater than 1 sec will cause the ACE to toggle.
* ACE Enabled The ACE can be enabled and disabled in the menus
* ACE Delay Adjustment ACE delay will cause the gun to pause 0-8ms before firing the gun. The delay can be set to 0ms but depending on how sensitive the ACE is set it may sense the ball before it has completely entered the breech. Setting the ACE delay allows you the extra time without hurting your rate of fire, if balls are loaded is fast enough.
* Visual Trigger Calibration In Calibration mode the display will light up when the trigger is pulled allowing for fine tuning of the trigger
* Visual ACE Calibration In Calibration mode the display will light up when the ACE detects a ball allowing for quick and easy ACE adjustment. Just put a ball in the breech and roll it with your finger if you ever see the display flicker you need to make your ACE more sensitive.
* Visual Low Battery Alert When the battery is low the gun will display a low battery alert when the gun is powered on.
* Electronic Power On Safety If the gun is powered on while the trigger is pulled the gun will not fire in any mode until the trigger is released and pulled again (and released for RELS mode)
* Menu Safety The trigger must be pulled to exit the menus, but firing the gun will not be enabled until after the exit pull has been released.
* Solenoid Dwell Adjustment The solenoid dwell can be adjusted from 5 to 30ms. Maintaining high rates of fire with a high dwell and without allowing adequate time for the solenoid to cool can cause the solenoid to overheat and also damage the gun. The Dwell should be adjusted on an individual basis to a setting that will reliably fire the gun every time, usually between 12 and 15ms
* Full Auto Fix 99.9% full auto fix for guns that are wired correctly or incorrectly. All guns will not require this fix but if needed it is fully adjustable. Assuming the fix is needed, with then solenoid dwell set to 15ms and the solenoid wired incorrectly, the rate of fire for the fix to be most effective must be set below 17bps. With the solenoid wired correctly the rate of fire can be increased to 20bps. The fix becomes less effective with higher rates of fire. This feature can be completely disabled.
* Tournament Lock When a tournament lock jumper is in place menus will display the mode and rate of fire but neither can be changed. Solenoid dwell and Full Auto Fix are locked in their last state and are not displayed until jumper is removed.
* Display Brightness Adjustment The brightness of the display can be adjusted (100%, 80%, 50%, 20%)
* Scrolling Custom Boot Message The boot message scrolls and can be easily customized in the source code. Boot personalization will be available in release version. Boot message does not have to scroll.
* Scrolling Low Battery Message Available The low battery message does not scroll by default but can be edited and customized to scroll easily in the source code. Low battery personalization will be available at in release version.
* Fried Board Test If the trigger is pulled and the top button is then pushed the menu will display but can not be modified until the trigger is released.
* Solenoid Toggle (PR-T mode only) The solenoid can be toggled to save battery power if Practice mode is being used. This Setting does not affect any other mode.
* Power Conservation - Unnecessary components of processor are shut down when not in use to conserve power.
* Full Alpha Numeric Character Set Available (upper case only) - Boot messages can be customized to say anything, A-Z and 0-9 with room for up to five custom characters
Software and detailed manual are available for FREE from www.NiedTech.com
Programers are available, allowing you to both save old software versions, and upload the Xmod software onto your marker. Contact Information is on the website www.NiedTech.com or you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
The NiedTech X-Mod E/X-Mag Software is older, so while it may be available used and in a few cases new, it is not commonly available anymore.
AGD 2.4, 3.2 and 4.0.
Predator Morlock and Predator 2 boards
Xmag with Xmod beta 1.6 installed. Halo + victory board, Centerflag 201 tank.
E-tac with the same set up.
Xmag with Xmod Beta 1.6, Halo + stock board, and Crossfire tank.
LOTS of NEW MODES
Supports Xmags ACE
and ITS FREE
NOT AGD APPROVED
Need to have Programmer
Software and info can be found here :
***THIS IS NOT AN AGD PRODUCT***
To get this upgrade, check out this thread on Automags.org
The Xmod is a long overdue software upgrade for the AGD Emag and Xmag. It was not developed by AGD however, but by an ambitious Computer Science student and AGD enthusiast Paul Niedfeldt (AKA Lornecash on Automags.org). Basically starting out as a school project, it quickly bloomed into a full blown modernization for the aging Airgun Design software.
Paul managed to cram as many more features into the realativly small stock microcontroller than ever thought possible (See description for details) - basically bringing the guns into the 21st century with several popular tourny-legal firing modes.
The Xmod also has some nice bonuses, like the bottom button ACE disable feature, top button warp feed advance, and an improved menu option for trigger and ACE adjustment.
Installation of the Xmod requires the use of a PC and special programer, which Paul has gone to great lengths to aquire for anyone interested. The software and a very detailed users manual is provided. Set up of the programer is simple, and installing the Xmod software is as simple as checking your email. A nice feature is the ability to "Back-up" the existing AGD software by saving it to your PC in case it is ever needed again in the future.
Once you follow the easy directions on the install, your LED will display "XMOD" and the software version. (currently Beta 1.61) Once that happens, your ready to roll.
Becoming accustomed to the new menu takes some time,since it is so different than what your used to. Once you figure out what is what, then youcan start tinkering with firing modes, dwell, ACE hold off, Rate of Fire and a new inovative feature called "FIX"
FIX is a software solution to a hardware problem. On the slower AGD software, solenoid polarity is irrelevant. Any attempt at improving the software by AGD has been met with issues arrising from that polarity being reversed and the Hall Effect Sensor trigger switch picking up magnetic interference from it. The result is what is called the "Full Auto Issue", which can best be described as a horrible bounce condition. This "FIX" helps that by adjusting the shot buffer to counter act the HES. WHile it is still nessisary to correct the solenoid wiring, this helps in a big way. Even at higher ROF, the HES can still pick up interference from the noid. It is an inhernet design flaw of the Emag. FIX corrects the bounce that is the result of the normal interfence.
Also as with all Mags, the higher the input pressure, the better. I found that 850psi is a good average. If you can get more than that, I suguest it. I also sugest a high quality air tank that can keep up. Cheap regs will be exposed very quickly.
This is a great upgrade for any e or x mag owner. This goes to the top of the list right with the LVL10. AGD should have pursued something like this along time ago. Fortunately there are hardcore enthusiast like Paul that picked up the slack.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Sunday, April 30th, 2006 at 4:37 am PST
Customizeable and has every concievable feature. I even treid to think of something it needed and it already had it. Support for the RF for a magna
I got the software installed on my emag was able to tune my dwell down to 9ms, saving me a ton of battery life. I also recently just upgraded to a magna hopper and the rf kit is a drop in for it! see pic
In a nut shell , it's a software upgrade that takes E/Xmags into the 21 century and able to compete or exceed all competitive markers in regards to software and ROF. It does take a little skill and know how to set up your programmer and learn how to flash your own marker but it's fairly simple and the available tech support is some of the best in the industry. If you can't figure it out , you will get all the help you need till you do. Don't be afraid to give it a try.
Basically , if your a competitive player and shoot a E/Xmag in competitive play , you pretty much need this software.
Lots of modes..free, great manual, awesome user assistance
Not an official agd product..must read instructions..
Really great, the modes consist of psp, millenium, nxl ramping, semi, hyper, release, a whole slew of modes, test mode..its really great and allows the user to set the settings to there personal preferences, the software has unleashed the true power of the agd e/x mags..with lots of great features the software is sure to be a hit..
This product is a must for all e/x mag owners everywhere..and will greatly level the playing field with other high powered electros
AGD 2.4 and 3.2 software for my X-MAG.
E1 - E-bladed halfblock autococker.
AGD X-MAG, SN#206, Dust Black, Left Warp Feed w/12V Warp Feed, Pulse Loader with RF chip in Marker, 16" Powerlyte Scepter Kit, 88/4500 psi Air America Armaggedon adjustable air tank with 985psi going into marker.
MODES of every series and the ablilty to set up the marker with test Modes.
Not AGD Approved.
Programmer is $100.00, painful to some but not to me!!!
This software is exactly what the doctor ordered. I was always happy with what I had in the X-MAG for software but this CODE is unbelieveable! As stated in the other reviews, all the latest tournament Modes and an ability to utilize the full potential of the X-Valve. The nicest mode for speed...not for the paintball shot count.....is NXL. I have shot this mode at 20 BPS with no missed shots or shootdown! The speed is complemented by the good old accuracy of my X-MAG and Scepter Kit. Additionally, As stated this software is free from Paul, aka Lornecash on AO. He answers all your questions and has two threads in Deep Blue on the AO forums to assist in programming the board and then all the testing of the different set ups so all the people with the Code can compare notes and assist in finding any problems with the Code.....There are no problems!!!!! Get it now!
This product revolutionizes the E and X-MAGs that are on the market. If you can pick up an X-MAG or an E-MAG you will blow peoples minds with this software. For all those who have this marker this CODE is a must!!!!!
10 out of 10
Last edited on Saturday, January 26th, 2008 at 6:59 am PST
Xmag w/xmod v1.8 beta
Halo B w/victory board & speedwheel
68/45 Nitro Duck X Stream
Offers e/x mag owners most of the same firing modes that other markers enjoy.
Not an AGD product.
Might require rewiring your soleniod.
To install the xmod requires a little bit of electronics knowledge, but if you read and understand the instruction manual and the processes it describes, it shouldn't be a problem. If you're not sure if you need to re-wire your solenoid, the manual includes a simple test to perform to determine if rewiring is necessary. You do have to purchase a programmer to flash your mag, however once you have the programmer, you can flash any updates yourself or even flash back to the AGD code.
Operation is fairly simple, one button changes menus, one button changes parameters, and a trigger pull saves the settings. Some of the options include, but are not limited too:
-Toggle ace on/off by holding a button for 2 seconds(for those that own an xmag)
-Adjustable shot buffer
-Practice mode, for sitting around the house pulling the trigger without activating thesolenoid (very useful)
-Custom boot message (for a small fee)
But my favorite non-playable feature is the trigger/ace detection sub-program. It allows you to dial in your trigger and/or ace with a visual cue, instead of trying to listen to the solenoid, since there is no trigger switch, or spend forever at the chrony trying to dial in the ace.
Meaning you can walk into any event in the world and be on an even playing field (mode wise) with any other marker on the market. A drawback though is whenever you flash you board you have to choose your ramping start point for the NXL and PSP modes, as the memory space on the board doesn't allow for multiple ramping points.
You will need to make sure your mag is in top shape. The xmod will push it harder than the stock code, so make sure your trigger rod and solenoid plunger are in spec, and that you've thoroughly snugged all the screws down. To achieve the higher rates of fire, you will need to run a higher input into the valve. So make sure you air lines and fitting can handle the increased pressure.
If really want to see waht your e/x mag can do, xmod is for you. Because for less than the cost of an aftermarket board you can get almost all of the features offered in the aftermarket, the ability to upgrade the software yourself, and support straight from the guy that wrote the code. It doesn't get any better than that.
I give the xmod a 10 because this review is based on the software only, which I cannot see any way to improve on it's performance.
Tons of modes, adjustable settings, user friendliness, no problems.
Must buy programmer and program the board yourself; however, it's easy.
My e-mag was having problems shooting with the 3.2 software (i couldnt sustain a high rate of fire), but when i put x-mod on, it changed into a completely new marker. It has over 8 modes of fire (semi, semi on release, burst up to 9, full auto, nxl, psp, milenium, hypermode, practice mode), and its easy to use and adjust. my e-mag fires flawlessly since i've gotten it and i dont think its possible to have a better software. x-mod is amazing, and basically the best upgrade you can buy for an e-mag/x-mag
This software is much better than the stock AGD software. It will turn your e-mag/x-mag into a new marker, allowing it to reach its maximum potential. If you don't have the software, get it.
Tag Sportz Predator 5.0 (on my Smart Parts Shocker SFT)
e-Mag with RPG ULE body, RPG Shadow Rail, Tunaman's Tunablade trigger, Deadlywind Whisper barrel, Viewloader Vlocity hopper and Smart Parts Max Flo Inline 2005 ajustable regulator and tank.
- Great software
- Uses original AGD hardware
- Lot's of firing modes
- Easy to use
- Need to buy a programmer and all wirings
- Need ajustable regulator set at 950+ psi
I could say it's so unbeliavable you should try it for yourself to see but I gotta tell you: this software RIPS!!! It's even better than my Predator board and it still uses the original AGD hardware. It has all conceivable fire modes (PSP, Millenium, NXL, Full Auto, Burst, Semi, Hyper and Rels). It also has Fix and Dwel ajustments and it supports an eye, in case you have a X-Mag.
At least while it's in Beta, it's free and you can get it from http://www.niedtech.com/.
You'll sport a grin in you face regardless you are having a good or bad day at your local field. It's amazing to see an e-Mag shooting better than (or at least as good as) any other top-end electronic marker (think of Ego, Shocker, Nerve, Angel, DMs or Proto).
Easy to use software and a well done manual.
You need to buy a programmer and you need the wiring cables. I made my own cables (since I live in Brazil it's kinda hard too import it from the US) but you can buy all this stuff directly from Paul (aka Lornecash). You find it at http://www.niedtech.com/ as well.
Don't know if it's a software characteristic (probably not) but you will need an ajustable tank, set at 950+ psi in order to have it work as it should. Believe me, I bought a new Smart Parts Max Flo Micro and had to change it for an older Max Flo Inline.
When I turned my Mag on, regulated the tank and started shooting, everyone around couldn't believe what they were seeing. It's trully amazing. I've tryed every firing modes. All of them work flawlessly once you have the correct setup.
A dream fullflled. Not other words can explain it better...