* Gel filled padding
* Increased thickness to the molded EVA foam pads to help absorb the impact
* Reduced size and shape of the knee cup and added additional protection above the elbow for greater flexibility and range of motion
* Velcro travel reducing cuffs at top and bottom keeps the pads from sliding and makes for greater comfort and fit
* Breathable Lycra sleeve construction
* Thermo foamed high density knee pads
The Empire Ventz SS Knee Pads are newer, so they should be commonly available, both new and used. Check out the Places to Buy links below for places to purchase them new.
red Proto Rail
Sly Carbon Fiber barrel kit in camo
Dye Throttle 1.1L preset with red Proto 07 bottle cover
Okay, so i got a pair of these for my birthday in medium, and tried them on. They were quite tight, but after putting them on a few more times they were much butter. The padding is firm but flexible, allowing for bounces and protection
First time playing with them was also my first tournament, so i was less focused on how my pads were doing and more focused on not getting thrashed. however, they were noticably bouncy, preventing several hits, so i was quite pleased with that. So performance wise, very good.
but one problem was that the non-stick parts lining the top and bottom of the pads had been bugging me all day, and when i took them off my legs were lined with very very painful blisters, which bugged me for a week or two. Im not sure if it was just down to them being too tight, but everything else i play in is medium.
I give a 7 out of ten, because they did their job pretty well, very satisfactory, but they assualted my legs =(
7 out of 10
Last edited on Monday, May 14th, 2007 at 8:43 am PST