Viper South African Assault Vest
SOLO Int Molle Plate Carrier
Tippman A5 /w RT, Ricochet R5 Hopper, OPSGEAR M107 Shroud, Total Freak Kit with 14'' All American Front, Walther Red Dot scope w/ Lapco Sight mount, and a Car15 6 position stock
Plenty of pockets
Not Actual MOLLE
Pods don't quite fit into it
As with a great many deal of assault vests, this was not designed for paintball, and hence, doesn't hold paintball pods (I use 100 Round Extreme Rage Pods, basically just simple clear pods) and they do not fit into the pouches; however, I added on some extra Velcro to the flaps on the magazine pouches and it works brilliantly.
When you put it on, it's comfortable to wear and doesn't jiggle about if you have it fitted right. Adjustable cords round the back allow it to basically fit any body shape, and to make sure it's held on extra firmly, it comes with a belt that attaches through belt loops to the bottom of the vest. Threading this through your trouser belt loops as well ensures that it isn't going anywhere, though it's hard to take off in a hurry.
The main issue I had with this the first time I used it was the zipper on the front. It falls down quite easily, so again, a little tinkering and I found a method of clipping the zip onto the mesh top of the vest.
My one final annoyance with this vest is that it claims to have MOLLE on the rear of the vest; however, as with MANY of Viper's "MOLLE" products, it will not integrate well with standard MOLLE. I run a remote, so went to attach a MOLLE Buttpack to the rear of the vest only to find that places where I was supposed to weave it in, were actually hitting the spot where it is directly attached to the vest by thread.
This forced me to cut some of the loops from the vest so they were double the size, and as a result, did do some cosmetic damage to the back of the vest, but it functions, so I can't complain.
Generally, not a bad vest if you're prepared to persist with it, and comfortable; however, I did quickly find an upgrade for it. I'm giving it a 6 purely because it was a lot of effort to get this to function properly.