Dye i4 Thermal Goggles have the smallest, lightest, lowest profile and best field of vision available.
* THE i4 RAPID LENS CHANGE SYSTEM - The i4 has a revolutionary patent pending rapid lens changing system that allows you to change lenses in under 10 seconds. It is the quickest and easiest lens changing system in the sport today. The unique design of two tabs allows you to remove the current lens and replace or clean it with ease. Simply push on each interior tab arm, slide them forward and the lens is free to be removed. Insert the new lens and pull both tabs back to securely lock the lens in place. No separate parts to take off, no extra pieces in your hand.
* 290 DEGREES OF HORIZONTAL AND PERIPHERAL VISION - The i4 offers more vertical and horizontal peripheral vision than any other mask system on the market today. Clear unobstructed vision both up and down allows you to clearly see all of the field details without constantly moving your head. Movement is much easier to recognize and provides a clear visual advantage. This is also combined with the optically correct tirodial impact lens that provides optical clarity and sharpness while protecting your eyes.
* CO-MOLDED SOFT LOW PROFILE MASK - Designed with the Professional in mind, the i4 goggle system provides you comfort, rigidity and lightweight protection with the one piece, dual injected mask. The comfortable, ergonomic, low profile mask not only allows you to sight closer to your marker, but also allows freedom of movement with its lightweight design. The small, compact, lightweight design of the i4 will almost allow you to forget you are even wearing a mask at all.
* SOFT, LIGHTWEIGHT EAR PROTECTION - The sleek, light, low profile soft compression ear pads provide the protection you need while offering style and hearing clarity. Ear protection is important and the i4 provides it while not being obstructive, bulky or heavy. Additionally, the i4 ear pieces are backed with a Cool Max® liner that wicks sweat away while providing comfort and keeping your ears cool.
* COMFORTABLE ANATOMIC MASK FIT - The anatomically correct i4 mask system offers the best in comfort for all facial contours. Designed with the ultimate comfort in mind, the i4 mask is the latest in anatomical facial fit and is supported by its lightweight construction. The i4 is also tested at twice the current impact ASTM standards. The i4 is built for comfort and built to last.
* RETENTION STRAP - The i4 retention strap system needs to be adjusted once and once only. This sure lock feature is made possible by the woven rubber that is in the strap material itself. Unlike silicone that eventually breaks down and peels off, the elasticity of our rubber straps will out last the competition. The i4 is designed to fit your head and stay that way.
* EXTREME MULTI-DIRECTIONAL VENTING - One of the i4’s greatest features is the Multi-Directional Venting. Utilizing precise blade angling and a proven venting configuration, the i4 Multi-Directional Venting will make communication with your teammates effortless. This unique patented design drastically reduces re-ventilated fogging and will throw your voice farther and clearer than any other vented mask on the field.
* 20% LIGHTER THAN PREVIOUS i3 PRO GOGGLE SYSTEM - Now one of the lightest goggles on the market. In professional paintball, lightweight is crucial to performance. The less your equipment weighs, the better you can perform and focus on the game. We’ve reduced the overall weight by 20%, giving you every possible edge.
* UPGRADED WITH A HIGH DEFINITION THERMAL LENS - The i4 comes equipped with Dye's enhanced High Definition Lens, providing optimal lens clarity in any weather situation. The high contrast tint greatly increases your visual perception and helps with distinguishing various colors on the field. The scratch resistant coating protects both sides of the lens against scratches and minor abrasions. The High Definition Lens has a unique UV protective coating, offering you exceptional UV protection. In the sport of paintball, optimizing your vision to the targeted environment is critical; our Lens helps you achieve that clarity.
The Dye i4 Invision Pro Mask is newer, so it should be commonly available, both new and used. Check out the Places to Buy links below for places to purchase it new.
Empire E-Vents - White
V-Force Grillz - White
Dye i3 - Blue
V-Force Profiler - Blue
Warsenor Zeus G2+
Warsenor Zeus Quick Cap
Warsensor Zeus Holster
Smart Parts SP8
Smart Parts 20 Progressive Barrel
Smart Parts Adjustable Stock
Smart Parts Smoke Pro Touch Grip
Smart Parts Tactical Rails
UAG Tactical Retractable Bipod Grip
Virtue Blue Eyes
TechT L6 Bolt
New Designz Aluminum STreme Trigger
Generic Red Dot Scope
Worrgames 50ci 3000psi N2 Tank
Empire Reloader 2 Hopper
Smart Parts Epiphany - Gold!!!
Halo w/Rip Drive Hopper
Worrgames 50ci 3000psi N2 Tank
Very low profile
Quick Lens change
Too low profile
No visor/brow guard
I bought this as a X-Mas gift for my wife, and only so far tested it. I won't be actually playing until March, so this just an initial test.
The mask is super light. I barely felt it in my hands. Definitely forget about it during actually play. It's lighter than both my Grillz and E-Vents
The profile is so small. That's good for some, and bad for others. It works okay for my wife, but my head is too big lol. Most of my next is exposed, as well, as a lot of my chin. Some of my ear sticks out too.
The low forehead doesn't bother me, since the Grillz is the same way. Wife, however, is a little afraid of how much is exposed on my mask so this will bother her.
Very fast... slightly different than I'm use too, but I like it.
You can see everything. If you have tried any Vents/Empire or Profiler, it's somewhat like that. You should have no problem seeing.
No visor included as with other Invisions. There are some unused holes at top where I can see them adding options.
Overall, looks like Events and Grillz did the nasty, and out came this crazy new mask. Definitely check one out before getting it, as it may not be your style.
I wanted to post a review on it as soon as I got it in. It's not a complete review, especially since I wrapped it. The design will have to get use to for some. If you have a big head, maybe check one out before you decide.
As that I haven't had a chance to fully test it, I will have to give it an 9. I don't mind the head and neck exposure, but will have to dock a point there since it bothers some. I have to minus another point since its too small for the big heads. But I add a point back on for how light it is and how quick you can change the lens.
9 out of 10
Last edited on Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 at 11:01 am PST
The accuracy of this review is disputed. Please see discussion on the comments page.
Period of Product Use:
11 of 24 people found this review helpful.
More than 5 years
Similar Products Used:
Ego-08...Stiffi 16" Rotor Loader
Light-Comfortable-Field of Vision
Horrible Constrution-not built for rainy weather.
I have always been a fan of Dye products- They do make durable products; however, the I4 Goggles was far from that. Just to let everyone know I did read the care maintance part of the manual and understood what I doing.
When I first played with it everything was fine...no problems-it was comfortable and light. One day, I was in the field and it started to rain...I thought I could get at least 3 more games...whigh I did. Anyway, I took my equiptment home and let it out to dry. I did nothing else to it. The next day, I notice my I4 goggles were all fogged up. I look inside to see that the internal lens were warped. I took the lens out and found out that the glue that holds the sponge inside was coming off. I've only used these goggles twice. On a sunny day, heck, I think anything would work fine. But on some wet days...be careful. To me, the goggles can not take it.
If Dye are going to sell these for 100+, they need look into using better (more sturdy) materials. I still continue to believe in Dye products but at least I can tell the rest of my teamates that this is one product to wait for an improvement.
Dye Pro i3's
Standard Tippmann mask (Which is junk)
JT Full head shield
Invert mini w/ dye rotor and invert nightstick but as soon as tomorrow it will be
Super light, Looks amazing,Doesn't fog much, Durabilty
Fogs up rarely, Not compatible for bigger heads, rain gets in through vents
I got the i4's at my pro-shop at my local field awhile ago, I got liquid olive (because they're tight) and I bought a Chrome mirror lens on it which works amazing. I was super suprised how fast the lens actually came out. When I first wore it in a game I felt like I was born to wear this mask and I probably wasn't even paying much attention to the game itself I was too busy thinking about my sexy new mask, but the fourth game I got nailed right in the jaw, wasn't a big fan of that.
Lighter than any other masks on the market
Best looking mask (In my opinion)
Super Fast Lens changing
Not catering to bigger heads which leaves important exposure to flying paintballs
If playing in the rain it can go through the vents and some say it can warp the lens, but it hasnt happened to me...yet.
The i4's are a one of a kind mask, if you have a smaller head and want a top of the line mask get this one! Heck, even if you've got a bigger head and love these bad-boys... GET THEM!
I would give it 11 stars, but I can only do 10.
invert mini: 2 peice cp barrel, pure energy 45/4500, EGG3
Lens visibility lightness breathablity covers face
It doesnt cover everything: forehead and throat.
I got this on Christmas and they are very easy to see through. The lens that you get with them (thermal) are amazing. The quick change lens is super easy to do. You pop back one little thing next to the ear and pull back on both sides and voila! It is super easy to breath out of them too! They are ridiculously light. The only negative is its protection. They lack the protection of the chin/throat and forehead. I am not sure but they may have now a visor. But seeings that you get shot in the head the most, that lackage of protection doesn't make you feel good when you are hit in the forehead. But you can get those turtlecaps from which I heard are pretty good. And you can get the throat protecting wrap. Other than that, its a great pair of goggles! Go get your self a pair!
Good visibility, light, easy to breath, and the lens are amazing! The only draw back is the lacking of protectioin of the forehead and chin. Great set of goggles!
-Insanely COOL LOOKING
-VERY wide field of vision
None what so ever!!!
THIS MASK ROCKS!!!!!!!! It is so light I sometimes forget I am wearing it. And it is VERY durable. If you don't believe me check out this vid:
It never fogs, even in 90% humidity, while it is raining, on a 105 degree day> (I live in OK) One, of the best thing about the mask is how awesome it looks. NONE of the pictures on the internet can do it justice!!! I have the Black/Gold version and it looks SICK in person!!!!
The only thing I will say is that, if you are over 6 foot tall and weigh more then 200 lbs this mask might be a little on the small side for you. (but, hey it is extremely light)
Best mask out on the market!!!!!! (IMO better then the Angel mask)
I use mirror lenses with my white Dye i4's, and everything works great! Some people say the profile is too low, and some say it exposes their chin. Well, I have a small head and I have the googles in a different position than most. I have them lower on my face and that fixes th problem!
You can't go wrong buying the Dye i4's. Just make sure you get any color except for olive! :)
Ears? Slightly uncomfortable... (for me just slightly), not cool looking...
This is a great goggle system. the lens are amazing the only thing you need is water to wash them off... you can see A LOT around you... the first time i used them they were perfect i could see everything... the ear covers are weird i think i have a big head because the first time i used them they were uncomfortable just a little. It is EXTREMELY EASY to remove the lens i love it. I don't like the look of it though, I've been trying to look for a smoke or mirror lens to see if it makes a difference in style..
Very good goggle system, i would recommended it to everyone...
Scott Hotshot: breathing just as good, not nearly as comfortable, loud
Vforce Pro Vantage: Breathes alright, comfortable
Vforce Grillz: Comfortable, good breathing, good visibility, echoes badly
CCI Phantom Stock Class
-Green/Silver Splash Anodizing
-Clear Acrylic Hardware
-10 round feed tube
CCI bucket changer
10-round feed tube
Milled metal trigger
Leland 12 grams
Ease of breathing
Size (for some)
"Divot" above the lens makes your forehead a target
I have no idea how I played paintball for so long without this mask. It is a truly incredible product which I will likely cherish for many years to come. It is NOT for everybody, but for me, it is perfect.
The mask comes well-packaged with a nice bag to prevent it from getting scratched. My mask was blue with the high-definition thermal amber lens, which is a must-own. Many people are turned off by the amber color which does not perform as well in bright sunlight, but I live in California and it hasn't been an issue for me. Everything has vibrant color through this lens and you will notice that everything is far crisper. It is easier to pick out minute movements and incoming paint through this lens than a simple clear thermal.
The vision is excellent laterally, and vertically is alright as well but not overly spectacular. A larger mask is really needed for absolute vertical vision, but it is never an issue for me unless I need to reach for one of my 10 round tubes when I'm running low and can't see where it is.
Breathing is like you are not wearing a mask at all. In fact, the whole mask is like not having a mask at all. No breathing resistance that is noticeable. If it weren't for the amber tint, I'd never know it was on until I spoke. Speaking of which, the mask echoes and reverberates when you yell very loudly. This is my biggest complaint as I have to be very vocal while playing stock-class. It doesn't really echo that bad, but it amplifies your voice, which can be disorienting at times.
This mask is inexplicably comfortable. The soft, spongy foam conforms to your face and fits like no other mask. No jiggling at all. The range of adjustment on the band is also quite wide, but I wear it at its tightest because of my small head. In fact, the size of the mask is one of the reasons I was drawn to it. The frontal profile is like a razor blade. Playing against someone with this mask, a shot to the mask is not quite as viable; it is a small target to hit. Surprisingly, the mask doesn't compromise size for safety; the bottom is flexible, but not overly so like the JT Proflex. The earpieces are also very soft, but substantial, covering the whole ear and then some. The problem comes in the form of a divot above the lens. Although less pronounced than the Vforce Grillz, it still raises a red-flag. Play with a well-cushioned headband. And, if you are have a big head, speaking will expose your jawline and mouth. Ouch.
Construction seems solid. All the components are sturdy and high-quality. I did have to hot-glue a small bit on the edge of the upper foam that had started to lift after a particularly steamy day, but the problem has not occurred again.
The lens selection is also superb. The Dyetanium and HD lenses are worth looking in to, and they will change your opinion on thermal lenses. NO FOGGING. EVER. Hot or cold, humid or dry, the lenses won't fog unless you blow a hot breath onto them on purpose. Many people were irked by the fact that this small mask couldn't fit Dye's superb I3 fan, but it just doesn't need it.
The mask is also very cool. Ventilation is superb. The venting is cleverly designed so that, in the event of a mask shot, paint doesn't permeate every nook and cranny. Lots of venting and baffling is provided and the foam breathes well. Plus, because the mask doesn't cover everything and the kitchen sink, circulation is brilliant.
This is the single greatest mask I have ever used. If you are a big guy or you're squeamish, don't get this mask; it is a mask for hardcore players who don't mind an occasional hard hit to the jaw, neck or forehead. But if you value supreme comfort, style, performance and practicality, this is the mask for you.
9 out of 10
Last edited on Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 at 7:20 pm PST