This is the base model and will feature, for the very first time on an Eclipse marker, Composite parts. The composite parts in question are manufactured from Glass Reinforced Nylon. A very durable material that is both tough and rigid. The GRN parts found on the Etek3 LT will be the Frame, the Eye Covers and the Lever-Locking Clamping Feedtube assembly. All other parts of the Etek3 LT are manufactured from exactly the same materials and finishes you will find on the Ego10 and SL range. High grade aluminiums and stainless steels, deep cosmetic and industrial hard anodizing. No corners are cut in the manufacture of the Etek3.
The following features can be found on BOTH Etck3 models:
* One-Piece Body – No more separate FRM. Like the Ego7 onwards, the FRM of the Etek3 is integrated into the body for reliability and robustness.
* Deftek Feed – Offset Feed. The feed is offset to one side by a small amount. This prevents the balls that tumble into the breech from bouncing excessively and causing breaks and chops.
* New Smaller Rammer Housing – Still using the proven Rammer Housing design from the Etek2, but in a much smaller package. This makes the whole rear bottom tube smaller and allows the gun to be more compact.
* Zick Kit – The Zick kit that became famous in the SL74 and carried through all 08 and 09 Ego production, can be found as standard in the Etek3. Helps reduce kick and softens the initial impact on the ball during loading
* Cure Bolt – Again carried over from the Ego range, the Etek3 now has a Cure bolt as standard, as well as a body-contoured cut at the rear so the bolt blends seamlessly into the marker body. The Cure bolt helps the Etek3 to shoot the most fragile of tournament grade paints without worry of breaks due to the bolt clipping paintballs in the feed stack.
* New Direct Mounted Solenoid. An all new moulded solenoid Minifold mounts the ever-faithful SMC solenoid directly to the marker body, directly adjacent to the rammer. There is now just a single hose taking the LP air from the LPR to the new Minifold. The new Minifold is filtered for added protection of the solenoid from debris.
* S3 Inline Regulator – Taken directly from the Ego10, the S3 regulator features a self-purging device to ensure that the valve chamber is left empty once the tank has been removed. Coil spring construction also means quick and simple maintenance with no washer or shim stack to loose or incorrectly assemble. It also has exceptional accuracy and recharge rates. The things that are essential for shot-to-shot consistency and accuracy at even high, sustained rates of fire.
* Adjustable LPR – With the same LPR found on the SL8r Ego, the Etek3 offers precise control of LPR pressure, without the risk of accidental over-pressurization of the solenoid or rammer.
* Fully Adjustable Trigger – The Trigger rides in a self-lubricating trigger holder that clips neatly into the frame. This, combined with the magnetic trigger return mechanism, creates a smooth, positive trigger feel. It is adjustable for fore and aft stop as well as magnetic return strength.
* 2-Piece Barrel – 14” 2-piece honed barrel with the distinct Eclipse Reverse Threading using the same interface as the Shaft2, Shaft3 and SL barrels, making the Etek3 barrel upgradeable with the Shaft3 Upgrade pack. 0.693” rear bore is standard.
* Break Beam Sensor System – Using the same components and software as the Ego BBSS system, the Etek3 ensures that the marker is excellent at preventing chopped balls in the breech. When enabled, the Etek3 will only fire once a ball has loaded into the breech. If the BBSS system sees any kind of fault, the software automatically overrides the system and the marker continues to fire at a greatly reduced rate.
* LED Board - 3 tru-color LED indicators. These 3 clever LEDs allow easy programming of all the user definable parameters by greatly simplifying the programming process. The top LED indicates 10s of units, the middle displays 1s and the bottom shows 0.1 increments.
* Programmable Fireing Modes – Etek3 has user definable settings for Dwell, Ball-in-Place, Eyes Off ROF, Cap ROF (uncapped in Semi 1), Debounce, and Firing Mode. As standard the Etek3 has the capability to be set to cover every tourney regulation.
* Soft Grips – The new Etek3 grips follow the same design as the Geo and Ego grips. Comfortable, slim, grippy and soft.
* OOPS – The Etek3 uses the same On/Off/Purge System (OOPS) as the Ego10. It is easy to maintain, easy to turn, and dumps the air from the marker when it is turned off. It mounts to the bottom of the Etek3 frames using the robust T-Rail slide system.
The Planet Eclipse Etek3 LT is newer, so it should be commonly available, both new and used.
Etek 3 LT
Invert Too loader
14" Dye Boomstick
68/4500 LP Crossfire tank
all else is stock
Nice color manual
Color was supposed to be white, it's more grey than anything.
This is my first ever purchase of a marker from Planet Eclipse after being a rather large fanboy of Smart Parts and anything that they touched. The day I got it I only had enough air to run a pod of paint through it. These were 6-7 month old balls and were REALLY dimpled. Every single ball shot straight and I had no breaks at all(impressive)! The second(and most recent time) I used it was on Saturday @ All American Paintball Park. I was there roughly 4 hours and played around 15 games and shot approximately 1200 shots with around 2000psi left in my 68/4500 tank.
It's a great marker with a great price tag. From what I understand the composite material is the same used in real firearms so don't let the whole "composite" part scare you from purchasing this.
Dangerous Power G3
Evolution 2 hopper
Pure Energy 68ci, 3000psi HPA
Board can be a little faster but 15.4 is more than enough
Very nice gun right out of the box, eye's are great, VERY light and even easier to clean. Stock barrel is great but a Freak is even better but not by a whole lot... the stock barrel IS that good. Very air efficient, but the board is a little confusing to program at first. Great gun, kills everything else I've owned or even used. A+
If you want to be between a rec player and a pro player. This is you. I play tourneys but not ALL the time and this gun serves me GREAT. Cant be much happier
Etek 3 LT w/ Halo B rip drive and v35 victory board
68/45 Crossfire HPA
14" Freak Barrel
Easy to program
Not Quite an Ego
Average air efficiency
This gun is a little over 2 pounds, easily one of the lighter markers out there
I first shot this gun with really old paint that i found in my garage, so they paintballs had dimples all over them. After about 500, I had encountered no breaks, which was pretty impressive.
This gun just looks great, I just wish there were more color variations that would make it look even more like an ego.
This gun was very easy to program, and the LED's look pretty cool.
The stock board only goes up to 15.4 bps, which is fast enough for all major tournaments, but its always fun to have something that can shoot well over 20.
Although it may look and feel just like a new ego, it obviously is not, and therefore has more kick, less efficiency, and just won't stand up to the new egos.
I got about 900 shots out of 3000psi in my tank, which could definitely be better after i tweak the settings to my likings.
I would reccomend this gun to anyone who wants a reliable, well-performing marker, yet doesn't want to spend too much money. At $475, this gun is a true bargain compared to the dms and egos. This gun truly is a marker for the masses.
Etek 3 LT Black & White
14 Inch Dye Ultralight Barrel .692 Bore
View loader Velocity Select Force
Tech T Hush Bolt
CrossFire 45/4500 HPA Tank
Price(484$ at local ProShop)
Speed(15.4 bps at Maximum Rate Of Fire but good enough to keep u with any tournament)
Accuracy(A foot spread at most ,shoots just the same as the EGO Ten)
Packaging(Full Aluminum case)
Looks( Looks awesome and the colors just look coll and the LED board has awesome colors and are very bright)
Programing (the board on from PSP to Semi and Semi to PSP)
I also used at my local field and got a bunch of people out with it easy to walk the trigger.
Easy to program
so far no chops
could use a better Trigger
awsome marker right out of the box, VERY light and even easier to clean.you won't go wrong with this one for the price it keeps up with the best of them even better then some high priced markers. I have a all stock w/the degi camo and all i play is woods ball the Etek 3 has not let me down and i suspect it never will. i have been playing for over 5 years and have gone thru meny meny markers such as but not limited to
fully upgraded Ion-dark timmy-etek ego 06- bob long marq 6 boblong defiant- mini-and so on too meny to list my point is the etek 3 is by far my favorite I also have a tippmann a5 a bt delta elite and a ion but all i use is the etek 3 yes even for woods ball
if you have the 475 to spend Buy this marker
I give it a 9 Becuase nothing truly is perfect not markers or anything for that matter
but if you want a marker that can with stand woods ball and be good enough for speedball this is the one.
Ego09 with Cure3 and Zick2, Shaft3 barrel-kit, Rotor-loader
Etek2 with Cure2, Freak barrel-kit and rotor loader, raguba trigger.
WGP Karnivor, Kaner Kit, VL XSV loader, Tadao Board
MacDev Clone with Shift BarrelKit, Rotor Loader
The normal stuff...Barrel kit needed.
Planet Eclipse released the new Etek in late 2009, the Etek3 LT and AM models.
I tested them out, and this is what I think about the marker:
Straight out of the box, the Etek3 shoot pretty nicely. A little tinkering with the LPR and dwell, and it shot even nicer. In my opinion the Etek3 need a little more work than the previous models, before it is properly shot in?
Still, even the cheaper of the two models didn't let me down. I was a little worried about how the frame and feedneck was going to last the going on speedball field. These things are made out of reinforced nylon if I don't remember wrong. But I was worried for nothing. Both frame and feedneck seems to be pretty robust, and don't crack easily. I actually managed to make some pretty ugly dives, but no problems. Also the eye-covers are made from the same material as the feedneck and frame, but not worried about how they will last =)
The board on the LT-model is pretty much like the ones on the earlier Eteks. You see the settings on the marker by the three leds in the frame. Pretty simple, and doesn't require much learning to be mastered.
One of the biggest changes on the Etek3 model is, that it takes Ego rammers. It comes stock with the Zick kit. But hey, now you can put a Zick2 in the etek. Nice.
You can later on upgrade your Etek3 LT so it is similar to the AM model. With the Etek3 LT upgrade kit you get the metal feedneck, frame and eye covers, and if you're really going to pimp you etek, you can get the Emortal board. The Emortal board don't fit the Etek3 LT, but once you get the upgrade kit, you can get it installed.
Like with the earlier models of the Etek, you won't go wrong with this one either.
Shortly, all you need is there, and the price is pretty good. And if you want more out of your Etek3, you can later on upgrade so it becomes similar to the Etek3 AM.
Lots of bang for the buck!
Why then a 9, not a 10. Well, no marker can reach a 10, because there is always something that could be better. For example, barrel kit, Zick2, Emortal board, and so on. If all these were stock parts, maybe then it would be a 10 ;)
The only similar marker i've used that can be comparable to the Etek 3, would be the Empire Axe.
Invert too hopper
Crossfire 45/4500 Carbon fiber tank
Great features lots of marker for the price
Few. Nothing too problematic.
I mainly focus on the things that I beleve truly matter when your making your way down a snake and snap shotting like a pro or your runnin' and gunnin through some thick bush ball courses.
Fist off this marker is light!!! Just at 2.12 pounds it makes for a very easy to handle marker. Glass Re-enforces nylyon is god given! The swivle on the inline reg makes it great for rightys an leftys, and very easy to go back and forth between both. Playing tight or loose, poping in and out, and running and sliding is no problem. Only thing if your not used to a 14 inch barrel it might take a few times to learn how to cover and protect it.
Out of the box Planet Eclipse hooks you up with a great 2 Pcs 14" barell this marker is as actuarte as it gets. For me however I a heck of a time learning the reverse thread but that just becuse im new to two peices.
The efficentcy is always up to you, change your dwell all you want. I keep mine about 7.0 - 7.3 and i can get about 1 to 1.5 cases (2,000- 2,500 paintballs) out of my 45 Ci tank.
Disassemble anc cleaning is easy. You still need tools for all of it but hey if you want to make an omelet you gata crack some eggs, in other word not its not the easiest marker to take apart but its not that big of a deal. Hardest part to get to would be the Solenoid and spool vavle. However planet eclipse gives you a great manuel with HD& Full color pics for great instructions.
The truly amazing part the Inline reg, the Clamping Feed neck, Solenoid, barel, one peice 3 way ajustable trigger, (OOPS) On/off/purge system ASA, Adjustable Low Pressure Regulator (LPR) and the OLED multi colored board. these are all features that you can find on the much higher end Planet Eclipse markers. Big time props to planet eclipse for giving us all this gun for such a great price.
As Far as deffending my "Weeknesses": The board gives you colores for all of the diffrent paramiters you can customize for dwell to Rate of fire delay to the trigger de-bounce. Its great, However memorizing the color on the display to its matching paramiter is a litlle tricky thankfully PE helped out and have a color coded diagram on the inside of the grips! Someones thinking.
Also on the microline, on the in line regulator the microline come in with a 90 degree fitting on a swivle wich is great still leaves a lot of tension on your line.
There is a un-godly amount of chatter that the Empire Axe is way better. I play very offten with a freind who uses an Axe. Hes got a Roto feader, and 68 ci tank. I can tell you this: The weight and handling is very diffrent. Axe is heavy in comparison to the Etek 3, As well Axe seems "smooshed" For the grip to the trigger frame. However you still have plenty of room to take a trigger for a walk. I never notcied a difrence in the paint to air ratio. However the axe is not as acurate with stock barel. I really do like the trigger on the axe id say thats the only place where is wins over the Etek, however thats a very personal thing to players.
In Conclusion for the money your getting a lot of the things that makes planet eclipse one one the best marker manufactres out there. Out of the box this marker can hop right on a speedball coerse and keep up with markers double the price. I would highley recomend this marker to someone who is getting ready to step there game up and dosent want to spend an arm and a leg.
I give this marker a 9. It is a great marker for the price and I cant really have a problem with it that would make me change my mind of buying it. However there is always room for improvement and PE is good at improving.
value for the money
accuracy (especially with my CP barrel)
very low kick (cure bolt and zick kit)
easy to maintain
doesn't break paint
nice board and love the light show
fast / nice trigger
pretty good efficiency
slender and sleek look with a GREAT feel in the hands = very sexy
very loud shooter
I am very impressed with this marker. Great value / performance ratio. Shoots great, super fast, and it's easy to maintain. The composite material is nice and I do not question its strength. Very, very, nice marker... I would have paid more for it!
2003 System X Vengeance 2.0 w/E2 frame
2004 WGP Mini E-Orracle
2002-03 ANS GX-E w/ race frame
2005 Bob Long Ripper 2 Intimidator
2010 Planet Eclipse Etek3 LT w/ Smart Parts Freak Barrel, Halo B w/ rip drive and V35 board, Crossfire 70cu 4500psi Nitro
Price, reliability, customer service from planet eclipse, low pressure operation
Trigger, should come stock with the zik kit,color options like the ego 10.
sleek, not as nice as the body of an EGO 10 but still very nice. Has pretty much the same look of a EGO 08. Its a very light gun, around 2 pounds if im not correct! I love the design overall, just wish it came in more colors like the EGO 10's
very nice gun for the price, shoots well even with stock parts, recomend the immortal board(needs Etek3 AM frame to fit) or virtue board, barrel kit, and zik kit. Other than that, its a great firing gat out of the box!