Standard Features: Splash Anodizing, Expansion Chamber, 45 Grip Frame with Rubber Grip Cover, Deluxe Sight Rail, Turbulence Bolt, Dual Function System (DFS), Anti-double Feed, Special Edition Receiver, Two Finger Trigger, Power Feed, Filter System, Hard Lined Hose, Super-light Trigger Pull, SE Velocity Adjuster.
The Kingman Spyder Special Edition is older, so while it may be available used and in a few cases new, it is not commonly available anymore.
Spyder Classic and Compact, Tippmann 98 and Pro/Carbine, others that escape me right now
Spyder SE (Compact, not Classic) bone stock, Pre-Brass Eagle VL Revolution, killer trigger job.
New barrel: Smart Parts All American, get a 12" at least.
Motorized hopper: this gun WILL outshoot a gravity-fed hopper if you want it to.
As Many Other Mods As You Want: just because.
Many many strong points for this guy.
1. Workmanship: This gun uses many decent quality parts (venturi bolt, expansion chamber, etc) which individually may not be the best on the market, but in combination serve up a very well-performing semi. You could buy a cheaper gun, but you'll spend more on mods to make it perform similarly and you would've ended up saving money by getting this one in the first place.
2. Upgradability: Counter to the previous good point, this gun is a great base for modifications if you want to do so. There is always a component that you can make a little better, and this gun takes to upgrades very well (If you spend money on a mod, this gun will see to it that you got your money's worth). Furthermore, there is no shortage of aftermarket parts for this gun.
3. Feel. The gun is very solid, but not overweight. The two hand grip format allows it to snapshoot very well. It is also PERFECTLY balanced when mated to a 12oz tank. I have a strap attached to my sight rail, and you can just dangle it there and it will sit dead level. This makes a huge impact on shooting repeated shots to the same target comfortably... It will not walk anywhere.
4. Ease of maintenance: Top, bottom, and front teardowns are all easy with a single allen wrench and a #2 phillips.
5. Rate-of-fire: The gun cycles eagerly, and the double-finger trigger is great to reduce fatigue . The light spring will also let you 'bounce' your fingers against it for high rate-of-fire bursts.
6. Intimidation factor: The gun looks badass. End of story.
Couple weak points:
1. The barrel: First and foremost, the barrel is the weakest part of the gun. It is moderately accurate, and its length is optimal for ball acceleration, but it is also a fine firecracker emulator. This thing is so loud, you'd better hope your first shot hit the mark, because everyone will know where you're hiding.
2. Trigger pull: Although Kingman claims a lightened trigger pull (which it is), the travel is still too far for my liking. This gun begs for a trigger job, and once done, it will feel like a whole new beast. I actually modded mine to the point that the safety switch doesn't work anymore (I have to twist-close my powerfeed).
3. To maintain good operation and fast cycling, this gun needs to be oiled every time it is played. I actually used mine bone dry for the first month to no ill effect, but it's a much better idea to oil it like it wants a bath.
This is an excellent gun, especailly considering the performance at its cost. This is a perfect gun for the beginner/serious paintballer. I say this because it is a more than adequate performer right out of the box for the beginner. But as their interest in t he sport grows, they will find this gun to be a dream to upgrade and tinker with. It will hold its own againt far more expensive guns, but it is an especially good buy for beginners, because this gun makes it easy to fall in love with the sport. A cheaper gun may leave a newbie unimpressed and overwhelmed by their first few experiences. This gun is an attainable powerhouse.
Spyder Se with 32 degrees Quiet Riot and gravity fed hopper
BARREL(i suggest a J&J ceramic barrel) and really nothin else maybe try to get a lp chamber (look in spyderzone.net and the review about se)
*Please do not listen to the bs what ppl say 'bout loudness, its their stock barrel thats wrong
*nice camo splash
*Fairly accurate with a new barrel
*DOES NOT CHOPP i cant believe all the ppl said it chops alot and its S&*$% cause it dont, either its wrong pb, too high velocity, wrong barrel, or their shooting to fast
not too many good upgrades for it maybe some aftermarket items but not to many
This gun is basically for those rec players that are looking for guns with alot of punch right out of the box w/ a new barrel. this gun is farely quiet with a nice barrrel and has a solid feel to it and doesnt chop maye 1/300 if your not spray & prayin there are players who managed to trick this gun out and dont let reviews influence u, it doesnt mater wat u get, its the player that counts and makes up most of the game so u make the decision and dont let others tell you what to get
this gun is basically awsome although it doesnt fit my style, not to say its bad an all. i give it a 9.75 although i cant choose that lol becasue its basically awasome although i had my eyes on that compact lol but thats a diff. story, u get the gun you feel fits you, try it out and if it sucks, good for u get another one and PLease dont whine about stocks just upgrade
spyders but this marker is better than most spyders I have used like the SE,Tl plus.
Rebel BTB w/ 68ci fiber raped 4500psi tank freak jr. barlle.
Maybe a barrle but the stock barlle isn't bad but loud. You mite need a steel hose, the macro line sucks!
this marker is good it isn't a gas hog dosn't shread balls it is a awsome touney gun with the rite upgrades. It performes well with co2
stock barrle is small 68.5 so watch wat paint you use. ummmm the macro line leakes some times but no biggey just add a steel hose. well other than that this marker is awsom.
This marker rocks 32degrees did a awsome job it will stand up tp those $500.00-$600.00 markers it is a $260.00 gun but you can get it for $164.00 did. get this marker if you wan't to get commented on the field and wan't to kick some A**.
New barrel, the stock one is not good.
Other than that, there's not much else...a trigger guard, maybe.
The anodizing is decent.
Performance isn't too bad, seems to be pretty consistent from shot to shot.
Comes with good equipment, X-chamber and double trigger.
Loud, noisy gun - makes a distinct hammering sound when it's fired.
Stock barrel is terrible, accuracy is only average and it's loud as a thunderclap when fired.
Many broken balls in the chamber, in the hopper - and it wasn't the paintballs, I was using the same ones in my Tippman and didn't have any breaks at all.
Heavier than other Spyders for some reason.
No double trigger guard, which I can't figure out.
Not that easy or quick to clean, the rear bolt is held in by 3 screws that are tiny and easy to lose. Let's put it this way - the Tippman is way easier to clean, even with 6 screws.
The one I used developed intermittent problems re-cocking, even after a thorough cleaning.
Honestly, I think this marker was a rip-off for the price it originally sold for. It's not exceptional in any way, and much worse in many areas than other Spyders I've used. The paint job is fancy, but the marker itself is mediocre to the core. Wouldn't recommend picking one up, unless you find it dirt-cheap. Get either the TL Plus or another middle-grade Spyder, you'll be much happier.
Spyder special ed. is my back up gun, and I really don't like it at all..... I just have a nyte stick barrel up grade for it, because it is just my back up
barrel is a MUST, plus to really make it work right, a better preasure chamber.
.... Thinking..... it looks sweet...
1. It's heavy.
2. Stock barrel sucks
3. After every game the screws are loose.
4. have had for 3 months, and i've had to replace 4 seals.
6. the volicity always changes on you so you always are reseting it during game play.
7. paint gets stuck in the barrel like a mother.
8. ALWAYS is leaking CO2
maybe I got a factory reject, but I hate this gun with a passion and just bought a spyder xtra for my backup gun because I got sick of it. I've never had it work right away.
14in.J&J ceramic barrel
viewloader revy with x-board
Jt Slammer pack
Pure Energy 20oz tank
This gun is a good rec players gun, its very good out of the box, except the barel, its sort of a gas hog, and that its heavy, thats basicly it for the weaknesses. This gun has never chopped for me, it has a nice camo anodize. the trigger pull isnt too horibly bad, but your not gonna be ripping with this anytime soon.
Spyder Imagine- 3A 16" sniper barrel, Check-it drop forward, 32-degrees vlave
Spyder DX- Omega Titanium Valve, Bandit Nylon Bolt, Steel Stricker Pin,
32 Degree 9 Piece Spring Kit, Maddman Spyder Spring Kit,
WDP Angel IR3 Mini Regulator, Palmer Metric to 1/8 Adapter,
Crossfire 47/3000 Nitro Tank, Aradus Ajustable Barrel System and some more stuff
Spyder Xtra- All stock
The Spyder SE really does need a Barrel upgrade..... I have not yet chopped any Paint with the after-market barrel 3A sniper barrel, or in the hopper but the stock barrel is kinda Loud. needs new grips I Recommend DYE grips. change the Bolt to it because the stock bolt gives you a strong kickback
Nice Camo anodize
Pull not that short
takes a Lot of Air
Over all this gun is good I like playing with this gun once in a while.... it cleans fast and easy there's no trouble with this gun. I have never had problems with this gun at all. all you have to do in oil the gun before and after each game and thats all. and I also recommend you to buy a 32-degrees bolt for this gun its much better then the stock.. gives you less kickback then the stock and has a better flow of air. I like this gun but the only thing is that its kinda hard to find a nice one since they are now discontinued. When you fell the gun in your hand you feel really good because of the expansion chamber its not like those mini chambers like the Imagine,shutter,flash most other spyder markers. The expansion chamber on the SE it large and it fits in and around your hand perfectly, the Trigger on the SE is probably one of the best things I liked about this gun because the trigger is 2X or 3X the thickness of the other spyders it gives you a good feel in you hand and you wont be disappointed once you get it.
over all good gun needs very little time to clean and get ready. needs small after-market parts such as Dye grips, bolt and maybe a new valve. but thats all
16 inch Thunder Pig True-Flight Barrel.
VL clear thumb screw elbow.
20 oz CO2 tank with butt plate.
VL 200 round hopper.
Trigger for tourney players.
Accurate. Durable. Affordable.
Stock barrel bites.
Love the marker. My first PB experience was with a Tippman 98 rental. The SE beats it for rate of fire. I seem to be able to get many more balls off with the Spyder. I used the stock barrel once and it was BAD. With the sniper barrel this marker rocks. I chopped a few balls but the paint was 2 years old. I didn't chop any paint with new Big Ball. I even shot some Winchester paint through it and it was remarkably accurate and reliable. The owner of the field was a bit taken back by how accurate the SE is. Great marker. Highly recommended for beginners. I got mine used and at a very resonable price on ebay. Easy to clean and maintain and there seems to be plenty of upgrades available for this marker out there.
Great marker. Get a decent barrel and you are in business. I highly recommend this marker.
Spyder Special Edition, Dye Excel 14" Barrel, Viewloader 12VL X-Board Hopper, System X N2 Tank, Remote Setup
Spyder Special Edition, Dye Excel 14" Barrel, Viewloader 12VL X-Board Hopper, System X N2 Tank, Remote Setup
Its a very reliable marker, shoots accurately (When you change the stock barrel) looks cool, low maintanence, simple to use, double safety features, alot of after market parts already on it like: Expansion chamber, Turbulence ventury bolt etc which make it ideal for those that dont like tampering with the gun. Can still hold its own against electro markers as long as you have a fast trigger finger :)
Probably very cheap now a days
The down side for this marker is that the stock barrel SUCKS! Replace it immediately and you will witness a totaly new marker. Some say its a little heavy, but hey have they ever handled a VM? :) Seriously i think its weight is the same as all spyders.
If you are playing for a long time you will need an extra pair of cup seals.
This is an very good gun to begin with or to use as a backup. For over 3 years I have been extremely satisfied. If I was to change it I would for an Armotech Mars EVO or one of those WG75 which look great. Keep in mind the optional costs of an N2 tank, a barrel & electro hopper when buying, it makes a world of difference