I have been using this barrel for over 3 years now and love it. The accuracy and distance is awesome. I recommend to you nay Sayers that are having trouble with the barrel... turn your velocity to about 275-285 fps, I found that this is the only way to gain maximum distance and accuracy with this barrel. This barrel is paint picky, I found that RPS paint, and visible impact work the best with the flatline barrel.
Tippmann A-5 camo:
Off set rail
Low profile hopper/X-7 hopper
Marbs ... although impacts do work well
Consistent ... Needs expansion chamber but still very impresive.
My flatline has never failed ... except once but that had nothing to do with the performance ... well the barrel was loose, not the whole entire flatline and the adapter thing ... just the barrel but if that didnt happen i wouldnt have found out how to take off the barrel without taking the adapter off.
The flatline adds great range and accuracy to an a-5. It is also awsome because it isnt huge ... what i mean is, you dont need a 20 in. barrel to shoot this accurate!!
Its worth every single penny.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Saturday, July 7th, 2007 at 2:27 pm PST
Hard to switch out barrels, but why do you need to?
Great Barrel for your a5, I think that it works great if you have a nitro tank and you get it on just right and you have you FPS just right, then its FREAKING awsome!!! I shot 2000 Rounds of regular field paint and i didnt chop once, but to get better accuracy i would suggest marbz or better.
Just About any paint works but Irecomend using at least mid grade. the cheap stuff really just doesnt cut it, unless your just messing around...
Haven't had a ball breaking problem yet...
Accuracy is not quite what you can get out of a 14inch or more barrel
I'd like to say that anyone who says that the accuracy of the flatline is just as accurate as any other barrel has smoked up the crake pipe one to many times... or is a newblet. BUT>>>>>>>> the flatline barrel is most definatly not inaccurate... it simply is not as accurate as...say... a barrell that is maybee 14-18 inches long. (yes size does matter) So I rate the accuracy at a B.
secondly - it just looks flippin sweet. A flippin +
Thirdly - The range is unbeleavable. I havent actually measured it yet, but i'm thinking at least 200'-300'. A+++
Fourthly (is that a word???) Velocity... This is very disputed among woodsballers... but what I say is that if you turn your velocity to 300 fps your GUN is going to shoot at 300 fps (duh!) The velocity is not going to slow down just because its spinning backwards on the top... its spinning forwards on the bottom to...Bottom line is that the flatline is just a fast as any other barrell
The Flanline is an increadable barrell. I recomend this barrel to everyone but snipers (because the accuracy isn't as good as other barrels) once again, the range is incredable and Velocity is most definatly not an issue. The flatline is a must.
32 degree remote
e-grip rampage board
rufus dawg double trigger
truglo 25 mm red dot scope
dye sticky grip
nitro duck 90ci 4500psi
32 degree star fire bolt
ricochet R-5 sniper hopper
scepter 4000 launcher
UMS tactical riser
UMS MK II R.I.S
QEV for cyclone feed
Small bored paintballs, no cheap ones either
Distance, accuracy(if you adjust it)
Breaks brittle paintballs in the winter make sure to buy thick shelled paintballs
Now when i first got this barrel there was an accuracy problem, so i took it apart and adjusted it to be more accurate and wow nobody would think a flatline would be so accurate. added with the distance it is a nice addition to you marker. if you are looking for accuracy at large distances, the barrel wont have it because the ball will be more prone to wind knocking the ball out of line, but at close range it is pretty accurate. and in winter you may have problems with the balls being to brittle an they will break so keep your stock barrel.
Good accuracy, good distance doesnt like brittle paintballs so get thicker shelled paintballs
Tippman 98 tricked out but not as much as this one
Tippman A-5 (camo), Flatline Barrel, Stealth Kit, • 330+ round hopper
• Remote line
• A-5 stock
• Flatline barrel shroud
• Muzzle Break for the Flatline
• 3 co2 tanks
• M4 Bi-pod
• Muzzle Break for A5 Flatline
X Ball, but anything works even really cheap paint I can't get my gun to break a ball!!!!!
Many things have been said about the tippmann A-5 before but I want to prove that this gun is very good and also write something that helped me when I bought mine. Some say that the gun is horrible some say it is great; I’m going to clear a few things up… Note that this is with my gun, and these are my opinions!!!!!
1- Flatline Barrel
• Many say that the Flatline barrel is a great up grade to the Tippmann A-5, to make it better. Yes the Tippmann A5 does work very well with the Flatline Barrel but it is load and this can cause problems (if you are a sniper) My personal favorite with this gun and the way to use the abilities of this gun the best would most likely or at least for me in the back as a support gunner. This works well because you have a relatively high rate of fire, and you have a very long range (flying level)… This gun is not the best for very close range (speed ball) because of the options that I have put into mine mainly because I have a stock, Bi-pod, and Flatline barrel so my gun is a little bit bulky, also the Flatline barrel is very accurate but I would recommend a smaller barrel like a 12 inch barrel (even the stock barrel) if you are playing in an indoor arenas or speed ball because the Flatline can add weight to the gun and make it a bigger target for people to hit! The Flatline gives the gun a very good look… almost as if it has a silencer but this barrel makes the gun anything but silent. Over all I have said a lot of negative things about this gun but it is an extremely good barrel and looks and works flawlessly. Also if you are playing in a place where there are a lot of bunkers you can turn the barrel upside down to shoot in the trenches, this works very well.
• This gun stock with out the E-grip or the response trigger does not have a bad rate of fire even with out all the upgrades. The cyclone feeder is a great creation for tippmann and WILL not break a ball or at least I can’t get it to. The gun is great for Woodsball even with the stock trigger it is a very good gun, because 8 balls per second is a few but if you want more you can put the E-grip on it or the Response grip, personally I like the E-grip because it have 5 different firing modes and this makes it very good for all different games. The one main negative about the E trigger is that some playing fields do not allow it. So I also have a double trigger on my gun. The only difference is that I play with friends on my nabiors land most of the time. With the E-Grip you can Shoot up to 17/18 BPS, with the response Grip around 16/17… and the cyclone feeder has no trouble keeping up you can drain the stock hopper in around 12 seconds with it on fully auto, and the feeder does not break a ball. It drains a 330+ hopper in around 18 seconds. I said earlier that I have a Double trigger and also the E-grip… you may be asking why, well some playing fields do not allow the E-grip, and if your play for 3 days straight you can run the batteries out if that happens your F*^%&# if you only have the stock trigger with the double trigger I can still shoot a very high rate of fire even with out my E-grip.
• The 3 Screws that you have to loosen to change the barrel, are the biggest flaw on this gun because they strip very easily… even people who know what they are doing could easily strip the screws, my recommendation and something I read on someone else’s review is get thumbscrews they work very well but I do know the size of the third screw, there are 3 total and 2 of them are 10x32 and 1 inch long, I'm not sure about the third ( you can find it in the manual, where it says the other screw right above that take the size from the nut that will work. IF you have comment on it I will try to get back to you as soon as I can just leave you email and ill step you through it) one but I'm trying to figure out you can get these crews by going to this site http://www.mcmaster.com/ and searching thumbscrews and then customizing the color and what you want. I would recommend these to most people.
4- The gun
• The Tippmann A-5 is a very effective paint ball gun and I would recommend it for Woodsball and scenario games, just because of the options that u can put on it you can make it very effective for Woodsball… it is also a fun gun for clearing houses and scenario games if you put the right attachments onto it.
5- What will help the guns performance
• This gun can be helped with a 18 or 21 inch barrel, e trigger/ response trigger, Flatline barrel, remote line, stock, bigger hopper, there are many things you can put on this gun to make it better it all depends on how u want the gun to look and perform. Two good web sites for searching for parts for the tippmann A-5 are http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.322764/sc.22/category.15 1/.f and http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/ (the first a little bit more than the second) they both heavily favor the tippmann over other guns.
• With the flat line barrel the gun can be very load, also if you do not have a remote line the barrel can get pretty heavy for some people me I don’t mind it because I go to the gym all the time so much I don’t care but I could see how it could become a problem for some people.
• Can get a bit pricy with some nice options, like my gun ill put a picture on once I get one. I recommend you look at it because those are just a few things that you can do to you tippmann A-5 I’ll see when I can get that picture, it will be soon!
• Great gun even stock.
• Even better gun with some nice options you can make it look like anything you want
• By Far the best Tippmann gun ever made and best gun I have ever had it looks very cool and also performs very well. The gun is great for Woodsball and scenario games, but good for speedball but far from great, the only reason I say that is because my gun is optioned out and is a bit bulky for speedball but I'm not saying don’t play it because you can still whoop up on the Noobies with this gun. THIS IS A GREAT GUN AND A MUST, DON’T EVEN SECOND GUESS IT LIKE I WAS DOING JUST BUY IT AND GET IT OVER WITH THIS GUN WAS WELL WORTH IT. If you get some nice options you can dominate!!!!
9- MY GUN
• Tippmann A-5 (camouflage)
• Flatline Barrel
• 330+ round hopper
• Remote line
• A-5 stock
• Flatline barrel shroud
• Muzzle Break for the Flatline
• 3 co2 tanks
• M4 Bi-pod
• Muzzle Break for A5 Flatline
Buy this gun with a few upgrades you can kick A$$ this gun is great for anyone who loves the games plays hard or who loves to lay lines of paint and piss of the enemy!!!
Cheap (for rec games and such):
Gameface: Scorch (Walmart) $20/1000 <<< These are better of the two.
RPS: Super Swirls (Walmart) $23/1000
Premium Grade (For Pro and other important games):
Longer Range, Accuracy Compared to stock barrel, More Vantage Points
Slightly Difficult to put barrel condom on with one hand. That's about it.
I used this barrel for the first time today, and I have to say I was suprised at the range I could get. I still have to tune this thing precisely so that whatever degree I turn the gun is how it will curve. Tuning is difficult, but once you get it you don't have to do it until you take the barrel off again. It shoots slightly to the left right now, but once I tune it I can definately see it being very accurate.
My MAIN advantage of this barrel is now I can take more vantage points than normal. One thing I've noticed about woodsball fields is it's hard to arc your shot with normal barrels due to the tiny limbs at about the height. The small branch or limb maybe blocking the perfect arc to hit that guy across the field. Now, with the Flatline barrel, I can stand at the starting point of a hyperball field (woodsball style), and pick guys off all the way across the field and they can't touch me if they tried.
I can also skim a ball across the ground at about 3 feet for about 100 feet without needing to arc at all. This makes shooting from prone position a whole lot nicer.
I just need to rehone my skills onto using this barrel and I feel I will be able to do great things with it.
Ok, now I have tuned this thing perfectly, and have played 2 full 3-4 hour games with it. This thing performs great, I can hit a 1foot diameter hubcap from 100 feet consistantly and I can hit a person from 150 feet 85% of the time. Out of 3000 Scorch paintballs shot through it NONE have broke in the barrel. I can't say that about the stock barrel. Crap quality Scorch paintballs work great in this barrel, so I don't have to spend a fortune on paint when I want to play. I can't wait to try some Marbs in this thing.
If you play woodsball, would like more range, and/or would like to be able to take a lot more vantage points than normal, then get this barrel. Just be prepared to tune this thing properly to get good results.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Tuesday, August 2nd, 2005 at 10:11 am PST
Game face scorch, bigball, rps balls are good, small-med bore paint.
Awesome range/accuracy/not all that picky on paint
Loud Takes some use to where the balls will go, kinda pricey.
I bought this barrel pretty much after i bought my a-5 and im very happy i did. If you play lots of woodsball/scnerio this barrel is a must, if you're goin to play mostly speedball i'd say the flatline would be over kill and you would't get the full effect of its range. When i first installed it in my gun and shot some balls *i live out where there's lots of open pasture so i could really see the range* i was absolutly amazed at its range, i was so happy, and was satisfied that i got my moneys worth.
Wheither or not you like your gun loud is like i said, personal pref, this barrel will make your gun loud, tho the a-5 is already fairly loud so it won't be a big change. Imo i like it loud, intimidates people and so they might instinctivly duck when they hear it giving me the upper edge. It's not all that picky on paint as long as its fresh and hasn't been abused. Since its not like a regular barrel you'll have to get use to where the balls will go now, im not saying its inaccurate but the way it shoots will be different, but once you get use to where it shoots*like any other barrel* u'll do great
I would recommend this barrel to any woodsball/.scenerio player, great barrel
A-5,flatline barrel,soon to have response trigger,20 oz. CO2 with remote
PMI,RPS, also shot a few zaps and none broke in barrel
Some paintballs curve
after reading several reviews about the barrel i decided to go out and buy it, the barrel works like a charm. The added distance and accuracy makes for a very good barrel. I played today for the first time in woods-ball play and realized that i could hit almost anyone i wanted at almost any range at any time I wanted. After 2 rounds, I had 8 kills with 5 head-shots. The people who i played with were astonished by the range and overall accuracy in which i shot. This is not a very good barrel to go around any kill people with, this is the perfect barrel for the person who likes to snipe. I suggest having a back up barrel if you get bored of sniping and want to go out and be in the front line. People say that the barrel is picky with velocity and paint but I had no problems with either, although some of the zaps did curve while firing very fast.
If you have an A-5 i suggest getting this barrel it is a great investment!
10 out of 10
Last edited on Sunday, January 9th, 2005 at 4:47 pm PST
Very accurate, never had a ball break in it, shoots a long long ways.
Kinda on the heavy side.
This is a great barrel. This barrel quites down the gun a good bit so it won't be as loud. Very accurate. Shoots the ball a mile. Balls don't break in the barrelas much. this barrel i think is one of the best on the market. It is also a very good looking.
I would recommend this barrel to anybody. It quite, good looking, balls don't break in it very much, and shoots the ball father than any other barrel on the market. Great barrel!