The Vents Goggle System is a new, low profile goggle system designed to present the minimum target possible while being soft and flexible for comfort and to help keep you in the game by glancing/bouncing paintballs. The soft faceplate of the "top model" is re-enforced by a flexible yet strong mouth guard which allows the front of the mask to flex on impact, but stops full paintballs from pushing through or lifting it up, and thus protects your lips and mouth. The "mid model" has a more rigid one piece faceplate which still maintains a flexible area in front of your mouth for protection.
These goggles have a special Venting system designed to work functionally with the way you breathe. The mouth vents are located correctly via the use of real digitized human heads such that you breathe and shout through the vents rather than into a large mass of plastic or rubber as with other goggle systems. As your breath hits the front of the mask, it either exits directly or is deflected sideways and outwards through specially shaped vents which take the deflected breath and move it out from the face plate. These specially shaped vents project your voice and warm breathe out to the sides, and not up into the goggle. As your breathing warms the front of the mask, it heats up dry air in the "demist guide". This demist guide is specially designed to prevent hot moist air from your breath getting through vents in the bottom of the goggle. Instead, the heat is transferred to dry air in the demist guide making it rise and move up across the lens of the goggle. As this air rises, it draws in fresh, dryer air from the back and sides of the goggle. This allows you to have a flow of air across the lens to help avoid fogging, while ensuring no moist air gets from your breath into the lens area. Side baffles in the faceplate prevent warm moist air from moving up into the goggle so your voice and hot air is expelled in the direction you want it toÖ out through the mask. The ear pieces are designed to cup around your ears so your ears can sit in a very natural position and your hearing with the goggle on is just like it was without the goggle on. We didn't put excessive cosmetic venting into the mask like many other companies do, because it wasn't needed due to the advanced design and to keep the smooth, clean lines that make paint more likely to glance off the goggle and to make it easier to clean when paint does get onto the goggle.
* Empire goggles come with removable soft ear pieces and an even lower profile faceplate for the maximum reduction in target, and ultimate "cool" factor.
* The Vents lens system is a very advanced and optically correct lens. Although at first glance it looks like a "flat lens," it actually changes in thickness to maintain the best optical quality possible. The power imbalance, which means how your eyes see for straight ahead, is 0.00 for both Spherical power imbalance and Astigmatic power imbalance (the value is so small it canít be read with conventional testing equipment). What does this mean? It means what you are seeing is really where you think it is, so you can be more accurate in your shooting.
* The lens is an extremely safe, quick release system. It can be replaced in seconds, yet is held very securely into the mask and frame. Unlike other quick release systems, the Vents lens fits in under the nose piece. This means the nose area doesnít deflect in when shot, so it prevents the ingress of paint into the goggle under the lens. To further lock the lens into place, there is a "tongue and groove" around the edge of the lens and goggle. This prevents shots at the edge of the lens forcing paint up into the goggle and helps maintain a high safety factor. The Lens is held in at the sides with very robust retainers, which also hold the logos. This simply pushes through the lens and the goggle, then secured in place inside the frame by placing the end of the strap clip over the retainer and twisting down into position. The added safety being that you canít have the strap in place if the lens isnít in the goggle properly. So you canít wear the goggle until a lens is in place. Itís a very quick and easy process, so you can pick and choose lenses to suit your playing conditions.
* The goggle has the ability to add a visor or brow shield. These are made of flexible material and are easy to fit or remove without the use of tools, and with no other separate small pieces to get lost in your kit bag.
* The Vents goggles come with a high quality strap with silicon beading to help keep the mask firmly on your head. The Empire goggle has the added EE" logos in silicone for the utmost in grip.
The Empire Event Goggles are newer, so they should be commonly available, both new and used.
proto pmr w/ pro-lite
dxs pulse & rf
doesn't fog up
I bought this mask based on some rental cylus's and i love them. they have not fogged up once and i've had mutiple bounces off the mask even the lens! the lens are easy to clean and the rest of the mask is just as easy, the mask has great venting too.
The accuracy of this review is disputed. Please see discussion on the comments page.
Period of Product Use:
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Similar Products Used:
JT Spectra (Not even close to this, but hey)
Invert Mini with Rampage Board (Getting a Freak barrel system soon)
A crappy tank from my local PB store
Halo B with Rip Drive (Best loader ever)
Excellent range of view.
Doesn't guard my neck as much as I'd like it too.
So, a few guys from my team have these masks, and recommended them. So, after my Jt Spectra's (Don't laugh, I know haha) broke, I bought these.
My first mpression when I cracked open the box was "Good god, this is the sexiest mask I have ever seen. And that's true. I got mine in blue (I have a blue gun, jersey, and loader. Dynasty FTW).
Anyway so I slipped em on, and I could not believe how much i could actually see! I was nothing short of amazed! The range of view on these is stunning! So, my next was to try and get them to fog. I couldn't. Period. These goggles will not fog.
So, it was off to my local indoor field, for a day of play. When I got to the field and started a match, I was struck by something! it was....a paintball. Okay, so I may not be the best player, but I noticed something when I wiped my mask, the paint came off very nicely, and didn't leave a residue. Now that is cool. This mask is also very breathable, not once did I feel stifled under it.
This mask is also nigh indestructible. I have run into people, bunkers, walls, and the ground, and I haven't even damaged this mask. (That does not mean I suggest you going and slamming into hard objects at high speeds with your face. It hurts, even with the mask.)
The only (And I mean ONLY) beef I have about this mask is the fact that it doesn't guard my neck as well as I would like it too. But this is a small chink in the armor of the otherwise impenetrable beast.
EDIT: After several angry PM's, I see people are being beeotchy about it, so, I'm going to attempt to lay something out...
NOTHING IS PERFECT. I GAVE IT A 9/10. QUIT PMing ME YOU HANDICAPS.
Back to your regular programming.
Excellent product, really. Like I said, an impenetrable fortress of awesomeness. I gave it a 9, ONLY because it doesn't guard my neck as much as I like masks to. BUT! This is still the best possible mask you can buy! So, if you don't have one, go get one. Now.
9 out of 10
Last edited on Saturday, April 19th, 2008 at 9:10 pm PST
nitro duck compressed air tank
EZ lens change
comes with 2 lenses and 2 visors
lens doesn't "bubble" like most v-force masks do
Ok first don't get me wrong, these goggles very high quality and i like them, but i don't love them.
Its a matter of personal preference, and i would prefer the profiler, some would prefer the events, but its just my opinion, don't run off and call me a noob because of it.
The mask is nice, and i have nothing against it, good field of vision and look sick but the fact is, its just not my thing for the major factor of it simply doesn't have that "bubble" curve that most v-force masks do.
Honestly, for the price, i would go buy a profiler for 60$ then buy a 25$ mirror lens, but that's just me. The fact is your basically buying the empire name and for 90$ im just just not convinced. IM giving it a 8 because there are better masks, in my opinion, for the price.
I got this just a week ago I really love it. By far my favorite mask i have ever used. Yes it may be a little expensive but it is worth it 100%. Dont listen to people who say its too loud and echoes really bad because IT DOESNT. This is my last mask.
Buy It!!!! May Be A Little Pricy But Its Worth It!!!!!!!
Sage green ion
virtue cp sling trigger
The plastic on the outsides sometimes allows balls to roll off
None absolutely none
I play in pro leagues and i strongly reccomend these the vision on them is crystal clear there very light weight and made from soft flexible materialscomes with many linces to match the field and its conditions blah blah the best goggles out thereId say they may be a bit expensive but its really worth it trust me
Well i was told by everyone it was a great mask. I decided i would try out a friends mask,as my jt preflex is getting old. My first impression was that it was ugly as sin but had a big lense so it would be pretty nice. I decided to play a game, got to the 50 off break and was panting for air. I could hardly breath through this mask. Normally i wouldnt really say bad about a product from one point, but this is a huge problem with a mask. It also wasnt the most comfortable mask ever
Buy whatever works for you, but i can not recommend this product
1 out of 10
Last edited on Saturday, March 1st, 2008 at 8:55 am PST