Dye i4 Thermal Goggles have the smallest, lightest, lowest profile and best field of vision available.
* THE i4 RAPID LENS CHANGE SYSTEM - The i4 has a revolutionary patent pending rapid lens changing system that allows you to change lenses in under 10 seconds. It is the quickest and easiest lens changing system in the sport today. The unique design of two tabs allows you to remove the current lens and replace or clean it with ease. Simply push on each interior tab arm, slide them forward and the lens is free to be removed. Insert the new lens and pull both tabs back to securely lock the lens in place. No separate parts to take off, no extra pieces in your hand.
* 290 DEGREES OF HORIZONTAL AND PERIPHERAL VISION - The i4 offers more vertical and horizontal peripheral vision than any other mask system on the market today. Clear unobstructed vision both up and down allows you to clearly see all of the field details without constantly moving your head. Movement is much easier to recognize and provides a clear visual advantage. This is also combined with the optically correct tirodial impact lens that provides optical clarity and sharpness while protecting your eyes.
* CO-MOLDED SOFT LOW PROFILE MASK - Designed with the Professional in mind, the i4 goggle system provides you comfort, rigidity and lightweight protection with the one piece, dual injected mask. The comfortable, ergonomic, low profile mask not only allows you to sight closer to your marker, but also allows freedom of movement with its lightweight design. The small, compact, lightweight design of the i4 will almost allow you to forget you are even wearing a mask at all.
* SOFT, LIGHTWEIGHT EAR PROTECTION - The sleek, light, low profile soft compression ear pads provide the protection you need while offering style and hearing clarity. Ear protection is important and the i4 provides it while not being obstructive, bulky or heavy. Additionally, the i4 ear pieces are backed with a Cool Max® liner that wicks sweat away while providing comfort and keeping your ears cool.
* COMFORTABLE ANATOMIC MASK FIT - The anatomically correct i4 mask system offers the best in comfort for all facial contours. Designed with the ultimate comfort in mind, the i4 mask is the latest in anatomical facial fit and is supported by its lightweight construction. The i4 is also tested at twice the current impact ASTM standards. The i4 is built for comfort and built to last.
* RETENTION STRAP - The i4 retention strap system needs to be adjusted once and once only. This sure lock feature is made possible by the woven rubber that is in the strap material itself. Unlike silicone that eventually breaks down and peels off, the elasticity of our rubber straps will out last the competition. The i4 is designed to fit your head and stay that way.
* EXTREME MULTI-DIRECTIONAL VENTING - One of the i4’s greatest features is the Multi-Directional Venting. Utilizing precise blade angling and a proven venting configuration, the i4 Multi-Directional Venting will make communication with your teammates effortless. This unique patented design drastically reduces re-ventilated fogging and will throw your voice farther and clearer than any other vented mask on the field.
* 20% LIGHTER THAN PREVIOUS i3 PRO GOGGLE SYSTEM - Now one of the lightest goggles on the market. In professional paintball, lightweight is crucial to performance. The less your equipment weighs, the better you can perform and focus on the game. We’ve reduced the overall weight by 20%, giving you every possible edge.
* UPGRADED WITH A HIGH DEFINITION THERMAL LENS - The i4 comes equipped with Dye's enhanced High Definition Lens, providing optimal lens clarity in any weather situation. The high contrast tint greatly increases your visual perception and helps with distinguishing various colors on the field. The scratch resistant coating protects both sides of the lens against scratches and minor abrasions. The High Definition Lens has a unique UV protective coating, offering you exceptional UV protection. In the sport of paintball, optimizing your vision to the targeted environment is critical; our Lens helps you achieve that clarity.
The Dye i4 Invision Pro Mask is newer, so it should be commonly available, both new and used.
Flatline or Nightstick Barrel (Depends on game type)
68cu Compressed Air Tank
Rufus Dawg Wicked Bolt and Powertube
Doesn't hurt my ears
Low cut on forehead
Lens does get scratched
I like this mask a lot. The fact that it has never fogged up on me is worth it alone, but it's light and is much cooler tempature wise then other masks. It's also very comfortable and often times doesn't even feel like it's there. I like the amber/yellow HD lens as it really does highlight depth making it easier to see people moving through the woods.
I don't know about other people but I get shot in the forehead alot and this mask is low cut and it def hurts when you take a couple right above the mask. I just bought a headband yesterday so next time I play I'll know if that helps. The lens did seem to get a few scratches on it but from what I hear they are easy to replace and they are available everywhere paintball stuff is sold. I've had mine for about 6 months and the scartchs don't effect my play at all but this is a review and it's something I noticed. I don't think any other goggles would have scratched any less in the same situations.
Good mask if your willing to spend the money to pay for a good mask that won't fog up.
SP1 with Blackheart Upgrade
Dye i4 Mask
Dye Rotor Hopper
Guerrilla Air Myth Tank
Great field of Vision
I have used several masks and goggles and had problems with fogging and vision. I used the i3 for about a year and half, fogging not bad the vision okay but changing the lens was unwelcomed task.
I really like the quality of the i3 so I decided to give the i4 a try since they were claiming an easy lens changing system. I played with it the first time this weekend in 20 to 40 degrees weather, never a hint of fogging of the lenses. The stock lens were great, I have a pair of clear as a back up. The low profile was outstanding, I rarely hit my marker or my shoulders and the vision was outstanding. I was able to see all around me without strain, it was great. At first I had my concerns with the low profile but after playing, I quickly realized that I dont play with my head sticking straight up during a battle, never got hit on the face. The band also stays tighter than the i3.
I highly recommend this mask, I am particular about my equipment and like for them to perform as expected and not be an hinderance.
This mask met and exceeded my expectation, it was never a concern during the whole weekend. I give it a nine because of cost.
Fogging, Price, no sun visor makes sunny days hard,
i got this maskt to replace my aged Dye i3 mask and do not regret it. the field of vision you get with it is superb, and i do not have an issue with its face coverage. i am not saying that people won't have an issue with it, i am saying that I do not have an issue with it.
my voice projects well, which is good for me when i am arguing with someone about something i dont know anything about, and i can hear well, which is good for me to hear when i should start arguing with someone.
the fogging issue relates to me as a player who wears glasses. playing in the pacific northwest during the winter, i find my glasses fog up significantly (13 seconds one game) if i do not give room under the mask to allow my breath to escape, meaning i cannot wear certain things as neck protection. i know people will say that "well i dont have that problem" but keep in mind that this problem only occurs in a cold wet environment. during the summers, when it is dry and warm, i dont have the problem.
the price was also a bit steep, but i always believed that if you were going to spend a lot of money on one piece of equipment, it might as well be the mask.
I would recommend this product to anyone who plays frequently enough. it is easy to maintain, and the vision it provides is worth the investment. if you can, buy this mask. if not, make sure you at least get something to protect your head
10 out of 10
Last edited on Monday, November 14th, 2011 at 5:29 am PST
Even brass eagle and java 10 years ago.
Dp fusion Fx and a closer virtued
Sly carbon fiber barrel/ ultralite
Field of view
Limited protection around the lower jaw and through
I tried on the i4 at my local proshop and got my own right away. It's hugs your face so close and your vision is amazing compared to the old i3 . It's got great looks and feel and is priced right, at around 100$ you get what you pay for. It's got a bunch of different lenses you can swap out even a hi deff lens. The only thing I dislike a little is the lack of protection around the jaw line, altho that's why it fits so nice. All in all I won't be needing a new mask for quite a while
Great mask great buy great vision great looks. Could be a little longer to cover your jaw fully
Smaller(Good For Me)
Ease of Lens Change
None For Me...
Maybe To Small For Others
My first impression is indeed WOW!! I have a small head and more narrow face for a 30 year old and have been very unhappy with previous masks I have used due to them being designed for a little bit larger adult but as soon as I put these on I could tell I will not have to look for a new mask again!!!! As others have said they don't cover too well on their faces but for me it is perfect, so if you a smaller guy or girl I HIGHLY recommend these!!! Great side to side vision and the amber lens is way freaking clear. The soft ears are also nice, not the softest I have felt but have good coverage and still very comfortable. I have also seen people comment that these don't breath very well but I can say with out a dought that they have more than enough venting and are far superior than any masks I have used if you have trouble with these you may want to quit smoking....Also the lens change or cleaning is super easy/fast. No tools needed just a clip on each side to push in and foward and slide the lens out....clean or put new in and then pull back on the straps to lock clips back into place and your done. Takes about 30 sec to change after you do it once A+ for sure!!!
Great Product....I highly recomend this mask for smaller guys or girls looking for a less cumbersome mask that actually fits snuggly I love this mask and probaly won't have to buy another mask for a long time but if I do it'll be another I4!!!!
10 out of 10
Last edited on Saturday, November 6th, 2010 at 11:59 am PST
Vforce profiler, JT Pro-flex, Empire Events, Vforce Grill, JT Alpha.
Fusion Fx blue/silver with dealy winds carbon fibur barrel. With Dye Rotor white camo, DXS Draxus carbon fiber 68/4500 HPA tank.
Low profile, light, looks amazing, soft ears, lens comes out easy.
I love my Dye I4, it is the best mask i have ever used. I have the white camo one with the smoke lens and it looks incredibale. Very small fits around my face very well. Perfect forplayers that need to play low and small. The lens is very easy to take out, once you know what youre doing, it couldnt be easier.
I recomend this mask to all tournement players, it might not be a great fit for really big players, but i love it.
I recently bought this mask as a local shop and after hearing the only good things about it, decided to try it on. I was sold. I am 6'8", 275 lbs...this fits almost perfectly. No complaints whatsoever other than my chin does stick out a little.
The vision within this mask is superb. I had no trouble seeing everything on the field. Had no fogging, no glares...everything went as I would hoped. Dye makes fantastic products.
The weight is almost nothing. I forget it is on my face sometimes.
It is eincredibly easy to change out lenses which is a huge step up form the i3 pro. Vfofrce had this dialed in as does Dye now.
I would highly recommen this mask to anyone looking to have quality and assurance between them and paint. Try it on first though. They certainly aren't made for everyone.
planet eclipse nexus auto cocker,halo reloader b with v-35 board, guerrlla tank, freak barrel kit.
Really light, low profile but not to low, amazing vision, extremely comfy.
None that i can see so far.
Wow I ordered these goggles on monday. I used the regular economy shipping and it came next day! The first thing that i noticed when i opened up the box is the the mask is very well protected. The last mask that i ordered came off of its stand and got damaged in shipping. When i first started to size the mask i noticed that the stap stays in that place when you put in on. And also the mask seems very well put together and i love how easy cleanup is.
If any of my friends asked me about this mask i would definitly recommend it.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Monday, June 28th, 2010 at 12:15 pm PST
03 sft shocker, rotar, guerilla tank 68-4500, stiffi barrel system
Visibility, Breathability, and weight
None so far
I bought this maks when it first came out over a year ago. I bought the Red/black version and ahve been using it ever since. I have used in in psp indoor outdoor, woods, and including Rain. So far ihave not had anything go wrong. The only thing i have found i dont like is the Dyetanium lenses are very dark and i dont like the dark visibility. Although they do look awesome with this lens in. The mask is light weight and easy to adjust. I have a large head and i have not had much for problems, and if you keep your chin down when you shooot you dont get shot in throat. Wear a sandana or hat and you can also prevent it if it bothers you that much.
I would recomend this product to anyone i play with. The Stock lens in it is priceless i love it and it helps me see better.
Dye NT w/ Virtue Redefined board, Dye Rotor, 4500psi 1.1l Pure Energy Tank
DM8, Dye Rotor, 4500psi 1.1l Pure Energy Tank
Very clear wide lens
Very small on the face
Nose glare (explained)
Very good set of goggles, which I've used to reff a few games when I forgot my own pair. The "HD" Lens that comes with them is very clear and doesn't fog with ease, (as you'd expect for an expensive pair of goggles...) and as with all yellow tint lens' it does make your eyes slightly more alert to movement. (there's a science-y explanation behind it, something to do with the way your eye receives certain colours of light).
The lens is also very wide and spacious. Only issue I had with the lens was that because of the way the frame is shaped you can see a reflection of it around the nose area. (I'm not sure if this is just an issue with the WHITE set which was what I used.). When you're not really paying attention to it you kinda don't see it. It's mostly just when you're trying to look at it.
The only thing that has stopped me buying a pair of these myself is that they are a VERY small pair of goggles. Most of my jaw on the sides of my face hangs out of them. My chin and mouth etc is very well covered, even if the frame is a little close to the face.
These aren't goggles you want to buy unless you have a very small face. I'd recommend trying a pair on before committing. It's a shame dye haven't come up with some kind of extra kit you can buy to lengthen the sides. Lets hope they don't make the same mistake with the I5's.
A very hgih quality set of goggles otherwise. In my time using them I had no issues other than my large face.