Dye i4 Thermal Goggles have the smallest, lightest, lowest profile and best field of vision available.
* THE i4 RAPID LENS CHANGE SYSTEM - The i4 has a revolutionary patent pending rapid lens changing system that allows you to change lenses in under 10 seconds. It is the quickest and easiest lens changing system in the sport today. The unique design of two tabs allows you to remove the current lens and replace or clean it with ease. Simply push on each interior tab arm, slide them forward and the lens is free to be removed. Insert the new lens and pull both tabs back to securely lock the lens in place. No separate parts to take off, no extra pieces in your hand.
* 290 DEGREES OF HORIZONTAL AND PERIPHERAL VISION - The i4 offers more vertical and horizontal peripheral vision than any other mask system on the market today. Clear unobstructed vision both up and down allows you to clearly see all of the field details without constantly moving your head. Movement is much easier to recognize and provides a clear visual advantage. This is also combined with the optically correct tirodial impact lens that provides optical clarity and sharpness while protecting your eyes.
* CO-MOLDED SOFT LOW PROFILE MASK - Designed with the Professional in mind, the i4 goggle system provides you comfort, rigidity and lightweight protection with the one piece, dual injected mask. The comfortable, ergonomic, low profile mask not only allows you to sight closer to your marker, but also allows freedom of movement with its lightweight design. The small, compact, lightweight design of the i4 will almost allow you to forget you are even wearing a mask at all.
* SOFT, LIGHTWEIGHT EAR PROTECTION - The sleek, light, low profile soft compression ear pads provide the protection you need while offering style and hearing clarity. Ear protection is important and the i4 provides it while not being obstructive, bulky or heavy. Additionally, the i4 ear pieces are backed with a Cool Max® liner that wicks sweat away while providing comfort and keeping your ears cool.
* COMFORTABLE ANATOMIC MASK FIT - The anatomically correct i4 mask system offers the best in comfort for all facial contours. Designed with the ultimate comfort in mind, the i4 mask is the latest in anatomical facial fit and is supported by its lightweight construction. The i4 is also tested at twice the current impact ASTM standards. The i4 is built for comfort and built to last.
* RETENTION STRAP - The i4 retention strap system needs to be adjusted once and once only. This sure lock feature is made possible by the woven rubber that is in the strap material itself. Unlike silicone that eventually breaks down and peels off, the elasticity of our rubber straps will out last the competition. The i4 is designed to fit your head and stay that way.
* EXTREME MULTI-DIRECTIONAL VENTING - One of the i4’s greatest features is the Multi-Directional Venting. Utilizing precise blade angling and a proven venting configuration, the i4 Multi-Directional Venting will make communication with your teammates effortless. This unique patented design drastically reduces re-ventilated fogging and will throw your voice farther and clearer than any other vented mask on the field.
* 20% LIGHTER THAN PREVIOUS i3 PRO GOGGLE SYSTEM - Now one of the lightest goggles on the market. In professional paintball, lightweight is crucial to performance. The less your equipment weighs, the better you can perform and focus on the game. We’ve reduced the overall weight by 20%, giving you every possible edge.
* UPGRADED WITH A HIGH DEFINITION THERMAL LENS - The i4 comes equipped with Dye's enhanced High Definition Lens, providing optimal lens clarity in any weather situation. The high contrast tint greatly increases your visual perception and helps with distinguishing various colors on the field. The scratch resistant coating protects both sides of the lens against scratches and minor abrasions. The High Definition Lens has a unique UV protective coating, offering you exceptional UV protection. In the sport of paintball, optimizing your vision to the targeted environment is critical; our Lens helps you achieve that clarity.
The Dye i4 Invision Pro Mask is newer, so it should be commonly available, both new and used. Check out the Places to Buy links below for places to purchase it new.
First be warned, that this mask is very small. I have what would fall within the range of a normal sized head, and most of the bottom of my jaw is exposed when my mouth is closed.
Other than that, if you have a small head you can't go wrong. If you can, try these on before you buy them to make sure they will protect everything.
Im rating this lower because it really is only for smaller heads, and advertising as low profile doesn't quite capture how small it really is.
Ok first off when people say this mask is small they mean it. This is without a doubt the smallest lightest mask i've ever put on. As soon as i opened the box, which took me a few seconds to figure out I knew this was the mask for me. Even without trying it on. Sometimes you just know.
The mask fits great. Its quite comfortable, breaths perfectly, and has amazing vision. I couldn't barely even tell I had them on as far as vision was concerned.
Now I don't have a big head but my head isn't tiny either. The biggest downfall to this mask is the fact it is so small. There is no neck protection at all almost no jawline protection. If you open your mouth your jaw will be exposed. But i had that on my JT Proteus goggles as well. And I was never once shot in the neck or chin.
The other big downfall is that there is absolutely no forehead protection. Now i haven't been shot there while wearing these goggles yet but i'm sure i will be as i've taken shots there before. All i can say is wear a bandanna or something. Wont help a lot but at least it'll keep the paint out of your hair. Should dye ever come out with a visor for these i'll probably purchase it.
Oh the foam around the lens itself is perfectly place. no bunching or anything. And though the lens can be changed quickly it takes a bit of practice to figure out the best way to do it. It by no means just drops out of the mask.
Glad I bought them but I can easily see they are not for everyone. Unless you know you like small goggles try them on before you buy them.
Will expose chin for most people
Will expose forehead
This mask right out of the box is very nice and you can tell is a very high quality product. It fits very nice and snug. The vision on this is very nice as you are able to see everything. It is very well ventalated and never once fogged up on me. Taking out the lens was very quick and easy witch is a plus when you are taking it apart to clean it out. On the down side, this mask is very small and will not fit those that have... larger than usual sized heads. Most people that I talk to or that I've seen try this on, usually have their chin sticking out the bottom or the sides of their lower jaw line exposed. There is no visor for those of you that like visors and there is no protection for your forehead.This can be solved by either using a hat or head wrap. And last, the way the vents are set up in front of your mouth, if you were to get shot there, you can expect to taste paint. They are straight up and not vented side ways so there will be a direct route to your mouth...
Overall, this is a pretty sweet mask. If you have the right sized head/face, some extra cash, don't mind tasting paint every now and then then this is the mask for you!
I use a SP1with a ,18'' evil barrel, double finger trigger, wire stock ,bipod, pure energy carbon fiber tank and a Dye Rotor. And stock proto 09 slg ul
Light, HD lens, low profile, looks, easy to took out lens.
Price and the breathing on the top of the mask.
The Dye i3's Dye got the lens almost right but it looked bad, with the i4's they have the lens and the look. I recommend this mask for smaller players because of how small it is, I would not recommend this mask for taller people because it would leave your chin open. But the i4's are awesome they never fog except when it rains, the lens come out so easy I enjoy cleaning my mask and the lens are good at night and day.
I recommend the i4 to smaller players, but hey that's what I think you like another mask that's you. Note dye is coming out with a new mold for the taller players.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Monday, April 13th, 2009 at 5:13 pm PST
I have used the V-Force Profiler thermal mask- blue and a JT QLS Reaper mask- black.
The V-Force's lens was quite great because of the thermal lenses and great vision. The JT's lens actually were good also because the lenses were easily removable. But when I got the Dye i4 mask, it surpassed my expectations.
I have an EGO 07 marker that works great with my mask, empire pants, Halo B hopper, and Planet Eclipse 10 jersey.
The mask is in the highest quality of masks. If your into to paintball and need some grade A gear, this is for you. The mask is a fit that is great and a peripheral masterpiece that can help in the struggle of paintball. The first time I used I was stunned at the start at the reliability of it.
This is a product that if you have the chance, get it! I have used about 4 different masks, but this one rises above all ranks in paintball. It is top quality performance at a high price, but is worth it.
I got a blue dye i4 on ebay for 70 bucks(so shop there). I got the mask and it was in good condition. Later I bought a silver mirror lens, couldnt be more happy with it keeps glare down and has a sweet mirror finish. The mask itself is verry light and is very low profile so I can look down my sights when playing woodsball.
The downside to the mask is the lack of protection on the neck and lower jaw but I have yet to be shot in the head.
Over all I think this mask is worth 120 dollars new but if u go to ebay you can get a steal. I am happy with it and i beive it deserves a 10.5 out of 10
-HD Vision (on the Gold one like I have)
My review on the Mask is that is that this mask is THE best mask i have ever owned . its comfie on your'e face and when you play its light and low Profile he only bad thing about this mask is that it is very small and that it is REALLY Pricey , If you know that you are going to stay in paintball for a ery long time , Well then this is your mask .
In conclusion I think if you have enough money for this mask go fo it and buy it because it is worth every cent
Angel A1 Gloss Black..
Empire Magna Loader
Cross fire LP 68/45 Carbon Fiber tank
Very tight to face
Great all around vision
sits well around nose area
If you have a big head you can be easily hit in jaw or chin
When I first got the mask I could not believe how small it is. With its tight feel around the face it makes it seem like you're not sticking ur mask out to far to see around a bunker. The soft ears are very comfortable and fit close to your ears also.
June 28/09..... Just tried the mask out today.....I was a little nervous about how small the mask was ...when I was play all fears went away. Felt really nice on while playing; and it seem you can keep your marker closer to your face....I did get a shot in the neck but I would have gotten hit there even with my Proto FS Switch.. anyways glad now that I got the I4..Once again try on before you buy..and if it fits you will love it
I would certainly recommend this mask for anyone. You must try one on first so that you can see what type of coverage you get. I found also when your playing and you are looking down your marker you really don't have that much of you jaw area showing. Honestly unless u are bunkers directly from the side or you pop your head up like a gopher you will get one on the chin or jaw line..
8 out of 10
Last edited on Monday, June 29th, 2009 at 1:58 pm PST
Dye Invision 3
Bunch of other things...
Infinity legend + Worlock board
68 Cu Max flo
Ropes of paint? No, they're not part of the set up.
Tight, reduces profile
Quick change lenses
Crap ear protection
Cant hear well.
Its a pretty sick mask and I would imagine if tightening up your profile is currently part of your prerogative than this is probably one of the best options of you. Its well prices as well and comes with a sick HD lens, IDK if it is stock or what I just remember the guy I mail ordered it from telling me it came with it sounding a bit like he was doing me a favor.
Quick change lens system worked really well. Fan of this one.
Gotta say that That hit in the ear bloody hurt, and because of that and the sound issues I am going give it a 8. Really cool mask though.
Tight, awesome in gun fights. I can sit next to the stream of paint listening to it wizz by my ear and lean into it, I felt much more confident and was able to press in more effectively with these goggles. I felt they made my overall profile smaller and thus I was able to work my way into them.
The ear piece is kind of... well I don't like it, when it was raining it sounded a bit like i was at the ocean, and once you notice it you really notice it. Plus last week cause of a weak call by a team mate I ran through to light someone up in the back left only to find someone still alive with his tent pitched to shoot me 10 times... Incidentally he hit me in the ear which I have to say was the worst paint ball hit i have had in 6 years of playing. My ear was ringing for about a minute after. I keep playing with hit just hoping that I don't get hit that close in the ear again.
Buy it if your serious about reducing the size of your profile.
If you don't mind getting deaf and not really hearing people.
Quick change lenses deserve a mention to, I like them.
Easy lens change system
Looks (thats just my opinion)
I was really psyched to get this mask because it looks super B.A. on the internet and it is way easier to change the lens than the i3. However I wasn't really impressed with its look in person, here's why:
the color (red) wasn't as dark as it looked
i hate the original lens, its shape isn't quite right
I did like how you change out the lens, its a little confusing at first but after the first time its pretty easy. The mask is super comfortable and you could play a whole day without taking it off.
i basically only got this mask based on its look over everything else
Well it weighs about the same as a Vents, similar look to the Vents so I would probably recommend saving some cash and ordering a vents