The Ultraback Tactical Vest incorporates everything into it that you might need on the playing field. It's modular, Special Forces inspired design lets you configure it how you want. Whether you want to wear the packs horizontal or vertical its very easy to switch the setup. You can also add or take away the tank holder attachment if you want to run a remote setup! When playing with friends with these vests you can toss a whole attachment pack to them that they can secure it right onto their vest.
The Flurry Industries Ultraback Tactical Vest is older, so while it may be available used and in a few cases new, it is not commonly available anymore.
Spyder TL Plus w/:
The vest is fully adjustable. The pods don't bounce around. It keeps me warm during winter games. The pouches are held on with velcro so you can take them off and use other ones, etc. The mask clip comes in handy when I'm not playing. The two lower pockets allow you to carry nades easily. The front pouch is ideal for holding allen keys, etc.
You have to hand wash the vest. Although this vest keeps you warm in the winter, is gets too hot in the summer...
Besides the minor draw-backs, this is an excellent vest. I got mine off of eBay, so I got a good price! :)
just about everythings good. I still haven't got the new pod holders, and the old stle pod holders were really my only complete about the product. Doesn't bounce, protects you from knuckleheads who shoot from2 feet away with their velocity turned up all the way, plenty of extra pockets. looks badass. I just strated playing woodsball with a new group, and just about everyone seemed pretty impressed.
the old style pod holders suck, but they've fixed that. I still gotta get them. Bright red logo sux, but they've fixed that too. Slightly warm in the summer. thats about it.
Great product. I lile it a whole lot and consider it to be one of the best paintball purchases I've ever made
The vest fits nice in my body.
There is no bouncing pods or tank in my back.
Nice to run with a remote.
Perfect for close combat situation.
You get bounces from paintball instead of breaks.
Looks Awesome ( like some people say Swat-team-ish ).
Can carry up to 6 pods of 100 or 140 rounds.
Excellent built to Last Forever.
People get jealous because they do not have one, and they only have dreamed of it.
Protects you very well from Stupid people who like to shoot at close range .So if you get shot at point blank range, you will not feel a thing. Makes me feel more protected in the field therefore makes me more aggressive player, so i rush more, bunker more, and get more people marked which equal MORE FUN!!!!!! I will give it a 10 because IT IS THE BEST compare to other harness or vest.
Spyder Flash LCD with SS Lapco Bigshot, Ricochet 2k, 68ci 3000psi tank..
This is an update on my original report. I have used this thing for around a year now, and I still love it. I got the new style pod holders, and they rock. Theey are just want I wanted them to be, and that corrected my only real complaint with the system. I have since added a Camel Back for those all day senario games, I just stiched velcro on the back of it, and slap it on the back of the vest. I use smaller strips of velcro to run the tube over my shoulder. It works great. The mask strap is a great addition, and the radio pouch is perfect.
nothing from my end. Yes the vest gets alittle warm in the summer, but hell, what doesn't? if it is 100 degrees out side, it's not going to matter what you are wearing. It seems that the company has corrected the complaints that people had with the red logo and the tube holders.
This is an excellent vest from a company with excellent customer service. For the woods and senario gamers, or even law enforcement and military, check out this vest. you will not be disappointed.
Pretty much everything. I just played from 9 to 4:30 today, and washed my vest an hour ago, and I can tell you that there are few if any reasons not to buy this vest. I've had the vest for over a month and a half but haven't been able to really field test it out of some backyard skirmishes.
1) It keeps your body and tummy warm. It started at about 45* and went up to 60* and I was comfortable all day.
2) It doesn't move. I flanked this guy, sprinted about 50 yards to their flag, and sprinted another at least 80 along the tape, over hills, back to our flag station. I'm 6'1", 170, and the thing didn't move at all.
3) Reloading is better than any other vest out there. The Ripcord system allows you to take off the velcro without reaching to the end of the strap. It dangles at the opening, pull this and the strap flies open. It is quite easy to put the pod back into the harness because the opening is a sturdy plastic so the opening is always ready.
4) It carries enough. The elastic straps on the pod holders are tough as hell to fit a tube into, you or your teammate will NEVER be able to get it back in. Use it to store a water bottle and your extra 9 oz incase your 20 oz runs out.
5) Play remote? Use the conventional 2-tank-2 setup, or use a four left tank right setup like I do. No remote? Put your pods in at angles for maximum ease of loading. And buy another pod pack so you can carry a total of 6.
6) Stores more than enough. I took a rag, an allen key to strip my gun, an o ring, and chapstick in the chest pocket. Stuff so if something hapenned I wouldn't have to go back to the car. If you have one, use a 2 way radio.
7) Grenade pouches. Use one for a grenade, the other for your barrel plug, sqeegie, etc. The pouches are deep, so anything you can fit.
8) Fully adjustable. It will fit on you no matter what your size is. Probably for 5'7" and upward. If you are a really big guy, don't worry, it still should fit you.
9) Sooooo durable. I don't think it can break. The velcro seems indestructable (can people make better velcro than anyone else???)
10) MASK CLIP! Wow, you don't know how great this is until you try it. You will never have to wear your mask ontop of your head and get it all fogged up. And never forget it either. It is a great piece of equipment.
1) A pain to clean. I hand washed it, the foam holds lots of water so its a bit of a pain to dry. However, its easy to hang up (the vest dissambles into a front and back half, and each module comes off).
Even if you've never seen one or used any other harness, get this vest. If you play recball (not only scenarios, this is great for everything) at all, get this vest. Unless you live in really hot areas where this vest can be uncomfortable, get it without hesitation. It is probably my favorite purchase, after my gun.
This thing is awesome! I just got my camo one a couple weeks ago. My friend let me try his out a few times playing so I had to go out and get my own.
First, the construction is awesome and the material is heavy duty.
The pockets are cool on it and I really like the mask strap. I like the new ripcord straps to open up the tube holder flaps too. It makes it easier to get to the tubes. The redesign of the tube attachments is also better than the older version attachments that my friend has, this eliminates any problems about tubes not fitting right.
I really like it because I can change around the tube configuration. I don't use a remote so I have mine setup with 2 tubes to the left and 2 down.
Its a little warm for the middle of summer but then again my tshirt is also a little hot for running around in the middle of summer.
I really like this vest very much. I'm the type of player that likes to play scenario and big games and likes to play woods ball rather than speedball. It lets me feel like I'm more into the game and I just have more fun playing.
The vest will be much better too for fall and spring paintball which are the best times of year to play anyway.
I was going to give this a 9 because of it being warm for summer play but because I've been waiting for somebody to finally make an item like this specifically for paintball and stand by it to make it better- I give it a 10
I just got my vest today and GOOD LORD!!!! What excellent quality. Let me tell you that this piece of gear is perhaps the best thing I have ever purchased. Everything down to the stiching is perfect. Its really really comfortable and looks fantastic. This company made it PERFECT!!!! Even with 4 pods and a 20 oz co2 tank on it, its not that heavy. Probably cause the weight is distributed amont your shoulder and back. Absolutely Amazing.
NOTHING IS BAD. NOTHING AT ALL!!!!
Normally I don't like giving 10's for stuff that I feel are just good. But this product truly deserves a 10. Its one of those few things that have been made with great care and with one look, you can fall in love with.
Buy it if you can!
Things to note.
1. I have read on other reviews that 140 round pods don't feed very well. Well, they must have fixed it or something because I have absolutely no problem fitting in 140 round pods. In a matter of fact, I don't see how you couldn't fit any tubes being that there isn't a length restriction.
2. On the web site it shows the black vest with red logo across the chest, well they changed that doo. Mine is actually written with black line'd with dark green. Looks fine, better than that bright red they originally had.
Other than that, this is the best product I have purchased this far.
CMI R-2000 Regualtor with gauge
6 stage expansion chamber
Psycho Balistics Pro drop Foward with gauge
CO2 4, 12, & 20 ounces
1.Pods dont bounce around.
2.Keeps the wearer slender. I was able to hide behind a 1' wide tree while I was being shot at. NO hits.
3.I've got shot about 6 times in the vest, and only one ball has broke.
4.I can fit my needed stuff in the pockets (allen wrenches)
5.Can put a straight shot in the back (between your back and vest)
6.The mask holder comes in handy when you are lugging gear to you playing destination.
1.Get laughed at for having body armor.
2.Not accepted at all fields, or tourneys
3.Heavy. Makes you feel slow.
4.Really, extremely hot. This is the worst part of the vest. It's unwearable because of the heat. Don't buy this unless you play in the winter, or live in Antartica.
Great, if the weather is cold. Pods don't move. Prevents breaks. Too hot for me, and I'm used to my apartment being about 90 degrees during the day. Good deal at $55, but I'm already looking for something that doesn't cover the whole upper body.
The tubes dont bounce. Ever had your pods bounce around on your ass and annoy the crap out of you? well with this, no more.
Tons of pockets. You have a place for everything!
MOdular back. the customization of tube placement is very nice.
Slighty small for the big guys. I am 6'2'' 240 lbs with a 54'' suit size chest. the shoulder straps were not quite long enough an made the vest sit a tad high. Very simple to fix however, just add some extra nylon webbing in the sholder straps to get the desired lenght. It fits fine around my gut though!
The straps over the pods sometimes semed to slip sideways off of the pods partially, however I never had a pod fall out of the harness and I run around like a crackhead.
A well designed and made product. I beat the hell out ofmine when I wore it and it stood up wonderfully. I am erysatisfied with the money I spent on it. If you a rec player I higly recommend this vest to you.
Cobra Gear, Viper 6+1 Commando Vest
Several Other 4+1 Vest & 6+1
Tippmann Model 98 M-4 Mod
Tippmann 68 Special
This is an Update on my previous review;
I had this Vest almost for two monts now and after a 24 Hour Scenario & a few Pic up Rec games this Vest is still the best on the market. I recomend this vest to any serrious scenaro/recreational player.
I have added more velcro so I can directly attach my Cammel Back System directly to the vest's back. I am also working on several other modifications such as guillie attachment to break up that black figure wich stands out in some places.
That Red Flurry Logo... wich i covered up with a Name tape. That it only comes in Black. Ifthis product came in OD Green, Woodland and Desert it would be the Ultimate Paintball vest. Also it needs to be made for Larger Players some of my friends can't fit in the vest.
This is the best paintball vest in the market. Defenitly worth the money. If we start hounding Flurry about a OD Green or Woodland Vest we might eb ableto get them to produce them in diferent colors.