The JT Chameleon series™ Proteus (patent pending) is a quantum leap in paintball technology. Advanced micro spectrum pigments have been created to change colors every time you move. This new Proteus™ will constantly evolve in a spectrum of color with every play you make. The backbone of this new Proteus™ is still our most innovative creation, designed for maximum protection with a minimal target zone. The JT Uni-body polymer mask features one of the lowest profiles on the market today. Engineered for maximum effectivemess for communication on the field, it incorporates unique audio capabilities and fog-resistant performance making this the most advanced goggle system available. A 260 degree field of view is provided by the Spectra™ lens, the most popular in paintball. Competing this incredible system is our new "Diamond Gloss" finish, giving you that unbelievable "wet look". JT, the ever changing face of paintball!
The JT Chameleon Series Proteus Mask is older, so while it may be available used and in a few cases new, it is not commonly available anymore.
Small, very comfy, has that JT foam (the best IMO)
Looks, changing lenses
This is a great mask. it is very flexy all over so it might give some bounces. it seems like the whole mask is made of rubber oposed to plastic. it is very comfy with good vision. it would say it is like the other JT gogles but tighter to your face. its only downfall is price, changing lenses, and looks. it is still like 50-70 bucks, and for that you can get better look, and performing masks.
2005 WGP superstock
68 3K HPA tank
Jt Proteus Chameleon
Looks hot, very comfy, good audibility, good peripheral vision
Headstrap can be irritating, slightly expensive
Very nice mask. Turns heads at the local field and looks and feels amazing. I describe it like a suction cup on your face, sort of like a second skin (to a point). Looks really hot and the colors blend and shift from different light very effectively. Visibility is amazing as there is a loss of maybe 10-15 degrees of peripheral vision. However the headstrap around the back can be irritating. For me just wearing a hat underneath works perfectly.
This is an amazing mask, if you can spare the change you should buy it. You will never look back
Sadly i sold this mask for a better one (JT Profex w/fan) But when your like me and have glasses you need a mask that breaths a bit better. so anyway this mask really isn't bad it isn't expensive of heavy but it does get a little hot even with a fan. but I had no real problems with it. it did good for me for the time i had it.
really this is a good mask and if your looking at it and you don't want to pay for a Dye or V-Force then get this
This mask is very good, it is comfortable and looks awesome. The only real problem is it does not cover up very well below the nose, if your hit in the face you will taste some paint. Overall I do think this mask is very good and is worth the money, not to mention the colors it comes in look awesome, and it changes color in different shades of the light, which is an awesom feature. I recomend this mask for all players.
I think this mask is worth the money, it is good for beginers and pros.
Emipire B Reloader
Apocolypse 2K Air
Stiletto Drop Forward
Great ventilation, looks plain awesome, great fog protection, and plenty of face room.
A little small may get some neck shots
Great mask! My personal favorite. This thing looks dead sexy for one, the ventilation's good, and it never fogs. The only thing is that if you just play Rec ball and your not to serious about it, this mask has a piece of rubber going down the bottom to bounce balls, so if you just play rec and you don't want to get hurt you may want to just get a hard mask. But a great mask for tourneys and Rec.
If you dont want to buy Anti-Fog after buying a $90+ mask this is a great mask for you A+
04 Black Dust Angel Speed
Angel preset Air
Never will fog
Never falls off
Forget its on you
This mask rocks! This mask will never fog on you! You forget ur wearing it and it will never fall off your head. It also look awsome! The mask almost molds to you head very very very very x 1000000 comfy! its a must have! Heres the specs
Easy to get on and off
Sucks to you head forget your wearing it
Buy this MASK!
If you don't have this then u must get it! This is a must have, the best mask i have ever used! Awesome mask, you won't be disappointed! BUY IT NOW!
After purchasing this mask, I was happy with the look, weight, and overall feel of it. I ordered mine online, and of course, it was better than I had planned. Unlike the other JT masks that I have used, this one seems to have move visual range than neccessary, which isnt a problem. What is a problem, is if you do a lot of running, which I do, then you will quickly find out how hard it is to breath in one if these. The chin curves inwords, and cuts back on just about all of the breathing room. I really didnt expect for that to be a problem, because I never used a mask that was this hard to breath in. Otherwise, the mask held up well... where I play, any mask will fog, and this one did too, halfway. It wasnt too bad, it too a long time to fog, and when it did, it only went about half way across the lense. I played a few games without the visor and it seemed to do even better.
I would recommend this mask to anyone, as this mask has preformed much better than any other I have tried, but it still has it's wierd problems. The price is deffinatly worth it. I'll have to give it an 8 because I like the breathing room in my other 2 JTs better.
The same thing everybody says. Your chin will stick out when ur yelling
This mask is pritty cool i would say. It fits really well and is really comfertable. The only thing bad is ur chin will stick out the bottom when ur yelling. The mask is light weight. It is very good looking i would say. I like the lens on it to. It has things that make it easyer to here on the field when your playing too.
This mask is a good mask. It is a little bit exspensive but its a good mask.
Strap loosens but not a problem, and no neck protection
This paintball mask is awesome! It is a really cool color and it is very comfortable. It feels like im not even wearing a mask because it is small, lightweight and gives you a low profile just like it is supposed to. Yes like i said the strap on the back doesnt get very tight but the one under your chin keeps it secure so this is not a problem. I also said that there is no neck protection. I knew this before i bought the proteus but i heard such good things about it that i didnt care. If you get a neck guard then this problem is easily fixed.
Overall this is a great mask. The stap on the back could be tighter but i still love this mask.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Saturday, December 25th, 2004 at 6:04 am PST
Many others, they get blown out of the sky by this one.
2. No Fog
3. Sun protection
6. Form Fitting
2. Digs into Back of Head
3. Lenses Hard to Remove
1. The goggles wrap around a very large area in the front, giving you no side seeing impairment at all. It's like not even wearing a mask. The height of the lense is also the best i've ever used or seen.
2. I've used this mask every time I play and have NEVER once had it fog. I don't care what other masks offer, be it radios, or whatever. Your lense is the MOST important part of paintball. Without a good lense you won't be able to SEE your opponents! My past masks fogged so bad I couldn't see at all! I think others could agree that have used other masks. This lense doesn't fog at all, and this mask is one of the best.
3. The lense has a really neat feature, the tint on the top, and the clear on the bottom. However, this can also be a neusence. At night, it makes seeing very difficult since the tint is at eye level, however, you can always just tilt your head a little and see out of the clear half. It protects from the sun better than a regular mask, but isn't quite like shades, THE SUN WILL STILL BURN YOUR EYES. So watch out.
4. This mask has the best hearability too. I've had problems with hearing my opponents with other masks, but have never had a problem with this one.
5. Other masks are also itchy and hurt your head. This one is amazingly comfortable. This one doesn't slide around at all, because of the cool rubber covered head strap.
6. It is definetely one of the sleekest masks out there(not to mention COOL looking). It is incredibly form fitting, and won't allow your enemies ANY slack when it comes to extra target to hit. Sometimes it feels like you chins sticking out even though it's not. And the mask doesn't protect your neck AT ALL. This is the only seriously negative thing, since other masks offer neck protection.
1. The lense is actually harder to clean, although it's much easier to get to the inside without taking the lense off than on most other masks. Also, some of the small detailed little slits on the front can be a trouble to get paint out of. The mouth gaurd also allows for a lot of paint to get in(so keep your mouth closed at all times, paint has a very gross texture).
2. I've noticed that the place I naturally set the back of the mask on me head actually digs into the back of my head. Causing some pain after a while. However, that can be easily fixed by wearing a winter cap(which I do), or pulling the strap up higher.
3. I don't know who designed the goggle release system( obviously JT), but it's like rocket science. I would simply recomend NEVER taking the goggles out unless you are replacing the lense.
4. From the front, the mask is very small, for less target, but from the side, I've noticed it's a little bigger than some masks(However, up to this point, i've never been hit in the side of the mask).
I would recommend this product to anyone. I got mine for $67.00 and wouldn't trade it for anything, that's right you dye lovers, ANYTHING! This mask is just as good as any more expensive mask, it just costs less. And it looks a whole lot cooler than anything else on the market. I would however recommend paintball lense cleaning solution, and a 100% cotton glasses cleaner ( you can obtain this from any eye cair center). That is THE BEST way to take care of your mask and make sure it's stays brand new. This mask is worth every penny ( hey, it even COMES with a mask carrying bag!). Recommended to ANYONE who can afford one.