One of the first Black 03 shockers
upgrade kit with switch
Cp bar with cp on/ off
70 cu 4500 crossfire 68 cu 4500 JT Air baby!
New Designz Talon grip/ wave trigger
Evolve bolt kit
It HAS to have a high pressure tank, new regulator, new on/off switch
it does not have to have, but i recommend freak back, bolt kit cp drop
People have been receiving fsdo and the only way to get rid of it totally is to have a high pressure tank
well built with-out an exception!
Crappy stock parts limiting its true potential.
I written a review about this gun earlier, but i had just tried it. there is alot more to this gun than what i said. This gun is in its league of its own.
1. Looks/Appearence- This gun is very basic in design, which i like. Makes me feel im buying a quality gun and not buying the milling (cough cough intimidator) The black paint that it has matches almost all black upgrades including the freak back. it also takes alot to scratch the paint and it is very durable. With a cp reg, they use the same paint color as the shocker, and it has the same tear drop milling at the bottom.
2. Electronics- The electronics in the gun are ok, but the placement of the chip is very awkward and i accidently broke it once. There are two chips, one in the grip frame, the other on the top of the grip frame. DO NOT MESS WITH THE WIRES. GIVE IT TO A PERSON WHO KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING.The eye is a basic reflective. It has two sides, the signal and the reciever, just like the safety device on garage door openers. it sends out a beam and it bounces off the ball and then is recieved on the reciever side. this is not as good as a constant break beam, which is when the ball breaks a beam made by two sensors on both sides. Even though it is not as reliable, it seems to be better than most (way better than impulse and speed). Also there is no eye window to protect the eye so if paint breaks you have to clean it instead of just wiping your swab through it
3. Maitenence and the Ease of use- This gun is VERY simple on maitenence. It only has 3-4 parts that you have to take care of, unlike the matrix. How it works is that there is a back plate, you use a 3/16 allan wrench and unscrew it. Attached to it is a rod looking thing that the bolt slides on. you use the rod to push out the bolt and bolt sleeve(the bolt moves in the bolt sleeve) from the FRONT. Then put both aside and use something somewhat skinny but strong to push out the fire chamber. Push on the ledge that you see from the front of the gun, and firmly push if it is not greased well. After that, clean all the parts INSIDE AND OUTSIDE! THIS IS IMPORTANT and make sure there is no dirt or old grease left in the parts. oil all orings VERY MUCH. and there are some orings one the inside of the bolt sleeve and the fire chamber so grease those alot. put the back plate and rod so that the back plate is on the ground and the rod is sticking up. put on the parts in order, making sure that you put them in facing the right side. After that just MOVE IT BACK AND FORWARD DO NOT FORCE IN the parts. if you force, you will ruin the orings on the hole where the shocker symbol shows. Then tighten up and thats it. To turn it on press the button in the back of the gun. it will chirp and it will flash twice every few seconds. press it again to turn on the eye, it will flash repeatedly. To turn it off, just hold down the button and it will chirp again and stop blinking NOTE the fire chamber does not need as much maitenence as the bolt/bolt sleeve because little air or movement happens in it. If you do not oil it well enough, you will hear a tiny air leak in the gun so just take it apart again and make sure you get the internal o-rings well. To tell you the truth, i do not know what the proper dwell is (maybe 10 milisec?) but it is at a good spot right at the beginning. If you are chopping to much, and the proper precautions have been taken, than changing it is a good idea. If it is hot outside/ LOWER IT. If it is Cold outside/ RAISE IT. Or you can just keep checking it until it works right. To change the dwell you have to take off the grip and locate two grey buttons facing torwards you. The one on the top of the board raises it and the bottom one lowers it. The rate of fire is adjusted the same way but you have to hold down the trigger and press the buttons.
4.Effieciency and Performance- This gun is almost flawless when you shoot it. The magnetic trigger can get ripping if you learn to walk it right. The limit is 26 bps and that is enough for anybody. The highest i ever got was 16 on my silver bullet (yes, my silver bullet, so don't be an ass) There is barely a kick, just like the matrix. The gun is already set at a low pressure about 180 through 220. It works its best around 200 210. The only problem i kept runing into was that every few balls would drop pretty far . I grabbed a cp regulator for about 70 dollars and a high pressure tank. The cp reg can take really high pressures and very low pressures unlike the stock regulator so DO NOT PUT A HIGH PRESSURE TANK ON THE STOCK REGULATOR. This helped alot and keeps my shots accurate and consistant. The only thing bad about high pressure is that there might be a chance that it will blow all your orings, but the same thing will happen with a lowpressure tank too. i can get about 900 shots off of an 88ci tank 4500
UPDATE! I STUDIED THE EFFIECIENCY PROBLEM AND FOUND OUT THAT THE RELEASE VALVE STAYS OPEN THE WHOLE CYCLE AND LETS OUT EXTRA AIR
but i like to use the 68. The gun is very quiet with paint in it and also sounds like a matrix. All american barrel sucks. ive just have been having problems with it so i sold the back. Any other questions on how this gun performs give me a private message or email.
5. Upgrades- Basically what i said before, the free upgrade kit from smart parts. The on and off switch on the gun is very bad and needs to be replaced. It also comes with the aluminum bolt but i HATED it so i just used the stock one. I have an evolve bolt now and it almost doubles the amount of shots per tank. The CP regulator is a must. It performs perfectly and make sure you pick the right size. The stock asa and on and off is ok, but i replaced it with the cp bar and onand off. The stock on and off does not bleed when you turn it off so you either have to unscrew your tank or shoot the rest of the air out. A freak back and set is a very great upgrade because you get the freak front with the gun stock (thats what i did), but i would recommend to get a full barrel set with backs instead of inserts if you have the money.Every thing else is perfect unless you want a gripping feed neck.
6. Other things- This gun is a high performance gun for the price. I got it cheap for 725 with the cp regulator and a gladiator reg barely used. by the gun used because even though the gun costs pretty cheap, you can get a better price for it. IF YOUR GUN IS BRAND NEW, YOU DO NOT NEED UPGRADE KIT
I think that people are giving this gun false thoughts because it is from sp. This is a great gun and i hope people change their minds. When out of the box, it is a low high-end gun but when you get the right upgrades it competes with or is better than every gun out there.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Wednesday, July 14th, 2004 at 6:52 pm PST
not realy anything close to a shocker. The guns size, weight, ect. is close to nothing.
shocker 03(black) w/vistion
at least an evolutio, if not halo b
you dont rely need freak, all-american is fine. freaks are to overrated. all-am's are fine.
i find this gun to be rely cool. it has great weight and shoot realy good for its size. i think it is one of smart parts best. if you have shotten them then you might know how this gun shoots. it looks alot smaller in real life then in the pics. i would get one for playing font or mid. it might be too slow for back even thou you should be fine. if you p;ay back then you should just save for a timmy.
SMART PARTS ROCK
this gun is ill. in my hands, the best for front or mid players.
Black 03 Vision Shocker
Pure Energy Fiber Wrapped 68/3000 Nitro
Vision Eye (if not installed already)
-Money on paint
Right out of the box this marker you can tell is gonna be really nice. You can shoot as fast as most guns and its only 1 pound 14 oz!!! Iremember with my cocker after a game when the ref needed to check me, i couldnt lift up the hand my gun was in because it was so heavy (i was tired). WIith this gun, if someones gun is down you can throw it across the field. And this gun can shoot 20-24 bps, thats awesome!
This gun is fast, accurate,and VERY LIGHT. What more can you want?! The only thig that inst great about this gun is the gas effeciency, but get a bolt kit and it will be better then good.
Red Shocker 03 with Vision, AKA Sidewinder Reg, Evil Pipe Kit, Crossfire 88ci HPA on a Shocktech Dropforward ON/OFF, Halo B, CCM Locking feed neck
Locking feed neck, different bottomline
Super light, small, and fast! Magnetic trigger.
Difficult to tell if eye is on.
I was looking for a low maintenance gun to use as a backup gun and for when I could talk someone new into trying paintball. I was surprised to find that the same gun was often more practical than my main gun, an E-Bladed Cocker.
It shoots as fast as anything else I've tried.
No openings or external moving parts as you would have on a Cocker or Timmy
Low maintenance! I have not used anything from the parts kit I bought, not even an O-ring!!
Magnetic trigger adjustable to your liking!
No noticeable recoil (kick)
I DO NOT LIKE:
GAS HOG!!!! I use it with an 88ci tank so I'm ok. Waiting for proven results from all the bolts coming out.
ON/OFF Button light is hard to see, too dim
Beeps are near impossible to hear when on a field
Weird angle on included bottomline
Not balanced with larger tanks like mine (back heavy)
Great gun very similar in technology and accuracy/rate of fire with the Matrix. Plus it is much smaller and lighter. I find myself using it as my main gun whenever I feel lazy and don't feel like tinkering with my Cocker. If I only could have one of my guns, the Shocker 03 would be the one I would keep.
03 Shocker, vision, full freak, check it locking feedneck, new designz asa adapter w/guage, crossfire 68-4500 LP, new SP bolt kit
locking feedneck, vision, smart parts high effeciantcy bolt kit
super light, small profile, quite, accurate, easy to work on
first shot drop off, gas efficiency
When I first got the Shocker I was very impressed with the feel and design, I aired it up and shot a few hoppers out of it and immediately noticed the first shot drop off and gas inefficacy. I installed the vision kit and the new smart parts HE bolt kit and feedneck and was surprised by how much it improved the marker. I now do not have drop off and get about the same shots per tank as my GX-E. The marker is very accurate due to the breach sealing fire design.
I would recomend this marker. It has everything you need to lay paint or snipe. It is very easy to work on and with the above mentioned upgrades you will keep up with most markers on the feild.
I work at a paintball field and play on a team so any high end marker out there
Red 03 smartparts shocker
68/45 crossfire tank
Low presure tank
out feed of 400
Can shoot on a dime,
Air but we will see with new evo bolt kit
I just got my red shocker, befor i was shooting a E-orrical but when i tryed out the shocker i had to get it, i wanted to wait for a little while for smartparts to fix the bugs, now that i have my gun i love it!
This gun rocks but the company is so crappy! i allmost felt bad buying from them but could not help it.
I have used basicly everything. Anywhere from spyders to timmys.
03 Black shocker
-vert max flow
-new smart parts high effeciency bolt kit
-evo II y boarded
-twister feed neck
A bolt kit and a freak
Weight, feel, accuracy, speed
Pretty much none.
This gun is very nice out of the box. But some upgrades are def required, I say that because like u guys have heard it IS a gas hog out of the box, but as soon as u get a new bolt kit it becomes really nice. The accuracy is amazing, the stock AA is really nice, but if u got a little extra cash go for the freak back. The weight helps a lot, it is def the lightest gun out right now, making it easier to snap shoot and run. And lets not even get started with speed, this thing RIPS.
JUST A TIP FOR U GUYS::::::DO NOT MESS WITH THE SOLONOID HOUSING SCREWS. YES THE SCREWS UNDER UR BOLT!!
Eventho when i got mine out of the box I had some problems like FSDO and some others. BUt when i got it working it was def worth the money. I love my gun and i plan on keeping it for a long long time.
TIPPMANN AR WITH DYE 14 INCH BOOMSTICK, RESPONSE TRIGGER, LAPCO UNIVERSAL MOUNT, 32 DEGREES UNIVERSAL DROP FORWARD.
max flo , freak barrel, internal parts, rip ,trigger HALO
FAST, LIGHTER THAN MY A5 WITH THE TANK
not consistant at all, common first ball drop off
well there are alot of guns and this is certainly one of them. it is pry the fastest gun IVE ever witnessed . plus i meen its just rippin ball after ball leavin a trail fast. and light well it just blows my a5 owt of the water. i played with it and since im used to my 50,000 lb tippman, playing with this light thing was a beauty. but on the down side there was one thing. it seems not to be very accurate even with a freak when u go really fast. plus there is a VERY common problem with them that is easy to fix. most people (including my neighbor who owns it) had problems with the gun lobbing the first shot. and i mean barely shootin out. my crazy neighbor also spent 30 bucks on his red shcoker to get a handler behind the trigger like the cockers to hold. but know that im back reviewing this thing and im soooooooooooo tired of it. my next door neighbor has had problem afta problem.
in conclusion its pros are that it is light ,fast and shoots far. the cons are that it is innaccurate and has problems commonly . the one my neighbor has has a rip trigger and is hella fast.
7 out of 10
Last edited on Friday, April 16th, 2004 at 6:04 pm PST
when i first got the gun i had fsdo problems but after reading up on the forums i fixed the problem. gas efficency seems to be a problem but i heard rumors that the new smart parts bolt will give you 1300 shots out of a 68/4500. i don't have vision but it doesn't seem to be a problem but i will eventually get vision.
awesome gun, i really it for its price. shoots really straight, but the gas efficency needs some work but smart parts is working on their bolt right now. other than that get the gun.
1998 shocker 4x4, 2002 vision impy w/ new designs total upgrades
2k3 vision shocker w/ evolve bolt, evolve asa, smart parts mini lpr, new designs halo feed neck halo B, vert maxflo,48 3000psi and 91 4500 psi
evolve bolt kit , evolve asa and smart parts mini lpr.
accurate and efficient with evolve bolt kit. Did i mention it is a feather.
efficiency (i've taken car of that) evolve
FANTASTIC MARKER accurate and light weight for a tounament player or a woods player I love to push the line and this gun allows me to do that with accurate and efficienct gun or goggle shots. Money well spent THANKS ADAM AND BILL WONDERFULL JOB!!!!!!!!!!! This Marker improved my gameplay by 100% Heck I might even get another one for a color change.
I recommend this gun to anyone who wants to accelerate their game to another level tornament or woods play. This Marker is by far the best paintball product i ever used, a small price to pay to be the MAN or WOMAN!!!!!