Now you can give your 98 or 98 Custom marker the same advantages as the A-5!
* Links the feeder sprocket to the air system
* Synchronized ball feed for reduced breakage and jamming
* The faster you shoot, the faster you feed!
* Feeds up to 15 balls per second
* Includes wide mouthed 200 round hopper
* Attaches via quick release elbow
The Tippmann Cyclone Feed System is newer, so it should be commonly available, both new and used.
Theelectronic vieloader i had on befor i put this on
89 custom with expantion chamber,new bolt, double triger, 16 inch and flatline barrels and some others
Well it cost a little to mutch
I gat this product about 2 months ago and have used it about 4 times. After just the first game it paid for its self. I was aggravated with the old electronic vieloader I had, it would skip and it was chopping vary badly. I had to clean the gun almost every three games. Ti was ridiculous. So I went up to the local pro shop and look at the a5 and after getting a better understanding of how it worked I know it would fix my problem. It took a month for me to get it after I ordered it, but that was not fault of the manufacturer. It was not too hard to put on. I can shout as fast as I want and it never misses and it never chops!!! And thatís not ever something you get out of an expensive loader. I know 60 is a little much and most of it is made of plastic but itís still less than a halo and as far as I can tell it works better. Well worth the money if you ask me. i give it a 9 becous its not made as good as i could be it this is stil a great product. P.S. my marker is a semi-auto and I have not used it with a full-auto but I bet it would still work grate.
If you love you're tippman like i do and you think its choping to much its worth the money
The accuracy of this review is disputed. Please see discussion on the comments page.
Period of Product Use:
0 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Similar Products Used:
Tippmann a-5 with Flatline Barrel and E-Grip
Dont need to buy an elctronic hopper..
Chops, slow, always having problems
When i got the tippmann a5 i thought this was going to be good. but the FIRST time i used it let me say that again the FIRST! time i used it had problems it wasnt spinning the cyclone so i thought i was out of air nope.. ok then i thought the screw wasnt tight enough..no i went to fix it at the store and had to order a new ratchet the first time!it works now but it always chops if you like the tippmann and want to keep it remove the cyclone and put an elctronic hopper my opinion
Smart parts ion q-lock new dizines trigger carbon fiber 4500 psi 68 ci n2 tank, velocity hopper
Doesn't realy on batterys.
Only 15 bps
This thing is e realy usefull accesory to the 98 . that is semi auto or RT. u dont have to relly on batterys or have to wory about delicate electronics. I have only witnessed 1 that has ever jamed, and man was it a jam. this thing never miss feeds cause it spins every time u pul the trigger.
But if u r gun get and E-grip take this thing off and get a reagular loader, or u r guna start breaking paint beacuse the gun is guna be rocking faster than the cyclone can feed so paint is guna get choped this thing will realy hold back the potential of an e-grip, but like i said its all u will ever need for an RT
Feeds as fast as you could possibly need
Runs on Co2
Requires adapter for use with Response
Blocky hopper shape
This is a awesome product. Period. Twice the speed of a gravity loader, with no batteries!
If you find yourself chopping paint because you're outshooting your grav hopper this is the way to go. Installing is easy, just take out the old power tube, and hook up the line to the hopper. Everytime you pull the trigger, the blowback from the gas moves the blade in the hopper. Some people have mentioned the cyclone causing you to use more gas, but I haven't noticed any drop in efficiency.
If I had to make a complaint it would be that you have to order a special adapter hose to use the cyclone with the response trigger, but it's not that big a deal. Sturdy loader, fast action, no batteries. Any questions?
Tippmann Custom Pro ACT
Smart Parts '06 14" Progressive Barrel
Cyclone Feed System
3000/48 Nitro Tank
Large frontal profile
The Cyclone feed is definitely a must for any Tippmann owner, especially if you have an E-Grip. This force feed hopper is fast, reliable, and doesn't ever need batteries, as it runs off excess gas from the blowback action. Contrary to popular belief, this does not result in noticable inefficiency (a.k.a. gas hog), as I still get around 500 shots per tank (+ or - 20 shots really doesnt matter). Also, it lacks the "whirring" sound associated with most loaders.
With my E-Grip ROF cap set at 15bps, this loader never misfeeds or allows for a chop, even in full automatic. The 15bps cap is fine for me, as I'll never need to shoot more than 15.
If you are looking for a reliable, fast, and quiet loader for your Tippmann, look no further.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Tuesday, March 6th, 2007 at 6:52 pm PST
Halo sound activaded loader(borrowed it from a friend)
Custom Pro with milling of letters and cut off front grip.
A5-A2 grip adapted to a 98
APE ramage board
APE magnetic double trigger.
Tiger stripe paintjob
Stiffi Barrel 16"
BT sight rail
Cyclone feed system
uses no extra gas
Its a friggen cyclone!
Ratchet wearing out, so a vortex mod will help
Pinched air hose (annoying as hell)
I got this so it could keep up with my APE board.
It is fast and keeps up with my APE board flawlessly at 17bps.
Its synchronized, so it doesnt chop, ever.
It was rediculously easy to install, i just took the old feedneck off, screwed in the exaust thing, attached the hose, and i was done. I aired it up, and it shot fabulously.
I get the same amount of shot per fill, contrary to common belief. I love it.
after putting this on my gun, people are always complementing me on my "A5" due to the hopper and my A5-A2 grip.
Very good loader, i reccomend this, but if your crazy and want to shoot above 23 bps, you should go electric.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Saturday, December 16th, 2006 at 6:14 pm PST
98c, 14" PMI razzor, GTA double finger trigger, Cyclone feed system,
20oz pure energy x2, 9oz tipp tank, dop rocket cock II, T6 stock
Coming soon 32* black flame drop.
It takes forever to install
hard time feeding when low on air
Okay I have had this for two months now not three like on top. I got the cyclone to my house and the next day I put it on my gun. I literally took 2 1/2 hours to install. Part of it is my own fault (I forgot to remove the velocity screw from the power tube, lol). Anyway for those of you with the new 98c with A.C.T. you don't need to change the power tube. Just remove the screw on the lower right of the main body. The rest of use do though. And after that every thing was cake. The nice thing is you can easily switch back to standard gravity in one minute (if you want). I can get up to 15 bps with ease. there is an upgrade for this baby. What it is is a qev and different macro line for the hopper. This allows you to use the low pressure kit with the cyclone. Usually the minimum operating pressure is 450-500 psi there abouts. with the upgrade it lowers it DRAMATICALLY (to like 250-300 psi I think). Even if you use it stock it is a good upgrade for any 98c.
If you got a 98 and need quick fire power, get one. And you may be lucky and find one for like 65-70 bucks. (See if you can cut a deal with pro shop to get an even better deal). I got mine for 50. All in all it is awesome.
Halo B, Revvy with X Board. The Halo is faster stock, but I like not having to remember to buy batteries.
Tippmann 98 Custom
Maddman spring kit
M-16 style adjustable stock
Cyclone feed with QEV and 3/32 mod
Rocket Cock 2
J&J Edge Elite barrel kit with 8', 12', and 16' tips
ANS GX-3 Autococker
GX-5 valve and volumizer
Air America 110/45
Revvy with X - Board
Dye Boomstick .692, Dye Ultralight .689 both 14'
CP mini reg
CP ASA on/off
Evil Pipe kit w/ 14' Ultra tip
Fast, feeding linked to firing cycle
Needs minor modification to truely rock
This loader kicks ass. Best mod for a 98, as properly installed it will totally eliminate chops.
IF YOU BUY THIS: spend the $10-15 and get the QEV kit with 3/32 fittings (unless you have an LP kit) from Palmers Pursuit Shop (just google that, you will find it). It includes larger fittings and a Quick Exhaust Valve letting you far exceed the 13-15 bps that this loader will do stock.
Great buy. Just as good as any electronic loader (after the QEV mod).
10 out of 10
Last edited on Tuesday, October 31st, 2006 at 3:54 pm PST
Um my friends halo b, they're completly different tho
tippmann 98 custom ACT
smart parts progressive 14 inch barrel
cyclone feed system W/standard 200 round hopper
20 ounze C02 tank
BSA RD30CP red dot scope
NXe 4+1 harness
PMI remote line
it can keep up amazingly with my responsive trigger when its at its fastest
it looks intimidating
alows you to use a raised sightrail and scope
hard to put on gun ( see review)
theres one peice that can break off easy
i picked this up at the starting of the week when i decided to buy a responsive trigger and let me tell you, this is the most amazing feed system out there. when i 1st brought it home, it was a little defective because i have a very hard time putting it on my gun, but a hammer fixed that. of your gonna get a responsive and a cyclone, ask whoever sold it to you if they have the T adapter because they both feed off the same source. if not u can call tippmann and they send you one for free. i brought it to my local field and at the starting i had alot of heads turning and people asking me qeustions. the newbies didnt want to be engainst me. it worked amazingly!! and dont be fooled. i usualy get about 900 shots with a 20 ounce. with the cyclone i still get 900!!! and i also have the responsive using the exxes air. it DOESNT USE UP MORE AIR. so yeah, if your gonna be sticking around 15 bps, go with this. if your gonna be doing anymore, they'res some peice to make your cyclone hit 30 bps, i dunno what its called tho.
All in all i love this product and wont ever be buying an electric hopper. im giving it a 9 because it was defective.
Woods - Urban Camo Tippmann A-5, Super Response Trigger, Adjustable Trigger Stop, 12 Inch Smart Parts Progressive Barrel, Modded Stock Barrel, Palmer's Male Regulator, Crossy 68/4500, and a 20oz CO2 Tank
Speedball - Diablo Wrath LTD, VLocity, J&J Edge kit, and a Crossy 68/4500
Well, I have decided to write a review obviously. I don't own a 98 with a cyclone feed nor have ever. BUT the cyclone feed on the A-5 is exactly the same as the cyclone feed you can buy for your 98. Same hopper, same five start loader, and the same exact principal of operation. On the account I own a A-5 and have for a long time, I feel I can cover 90% (which is more than many review writers can say can say) of the pro's and the cons of the cyclone feed. So here it begins.
- Speed - Fast for the price (60$ online, add a 15$ QEV and you will rival many 100+ loaders). Stock out of the box can achieve 16-bps (varies by 1 bps or so depending on the loader, how well its oiled etc). For 16-bps and that price (only eggy's sit in that price range, and they are bad for many reasons) I give the cyclone feed a 10/10.
- Upgradeability - Well, add a good QEV (15$ or so) and this hopper will be able to rip at 20bps or so (some people report upwards of 22-bps with a QEV others about 19). So for 75$ you have 20bps. Do you like that? I do! I give it a 9/10.
- Chops - Well, stock this hopper will not... I say will not chop unless you are firing above 16-bps. A qev will fix that. In theory this hopper can not chop but only will if there are one of two factors. One, its cold out and your running CO2 (causing your marker, overall to slow down). Or two, your shooting bad paint (paint that is moderately to above defective). For that I give it a 10/10.
- Care - Very easy to take down, understand how it works. No need for replacing batteries. 10/10
- Durability - Original stock cyclone feed hoppers had problems (would break when shot etc) but those have been fixed. Will take direct hits at close ranges with no problems. Hopper is a very tough plastic, same with the actual base of the loader. Will work in any condition (unless its cold and your running O2 or your shooting bad paint etc) and never fail you. Only thing is you will eventually need to replace the feeder ratchet (it is made out of some kind of cheap plastic, you can get a tech t vortex mod though to fix that). For that, it gets a 8.5 outta 10 (had my cyclone cease working because of a worn ratchet).
- Profile - Your hopper now sits much lower and the gun. It sits to the side, increasing your guns width but your height is cut down by a bit. It also allows you to use your sites (which I do with my A-5 because it is usually freakishly accurate). 9/10
- Support - Got a problem. Tippmann is good with 99% of all problems. You need your ratchet replaced? They will ship you a new one for free. 10/10.
- Pressure - The cyclone requires a lot of pressure to operate. It stops functioning at lower pressure (sup 400's without LP hoses) which means, your gun may cycle but nothing will be shot. It can be very annoying in the middle of a game for your loader to stop firing cuz your tank is at 25%. 3/10.
- Hopper - Stock hopper has one hell of a bulls eye on the front. Big profile to shoot at. 3/10.
- Compatibility - Well... you can't put this on any other gun. Its a investment. If your gonna stay with a Tippy for awhile and are keen on it, buy it. But outside of that if your gonna switch up guns soon (within a year) forget it. Get something else. This fact just gives it a dead zero percent.
Buy it if your keen on it, if you have a hole to burn in your pocket or are going to be with your tippy for awhile. Outside of those 3 reasons, get something else.