- Lower pressure operation. Larger volume of stored air in the valve chamber and in-line regulator allow operating pressure to be lowered by up to 50 psi
- Shorter Bolt. Smaller bolt = less reciprocating mass, and therefore higher cycle speeds.
- Improved trigger design. New trigger loses 20% of its thickness and mass. Improved reaction and quicker return. Centrally mounted prong improves resistance to trigger sensor contamination by light and debris.
- Trigger contoured for easier, faster-for-longer string shooting.
- Larger Trigger Guard gives more room for those with fingers of the larger variety. Or even for those nimble enough to utilize the 3-Finger technique.
- Multiple trigger return options. All markers come with spring and magnetic return options. Simply adjust in magnetic, or spring return mechanism. For smoothest pull, use both.
- Integrated snatch grip. Longer frame allows easier carrying and more pleasing aesthetical design.
- Integrated Dovetail Rail. On/Off mounts directly to the frame. No need for extra rail.
- Rubberised Moulded Ergonomic Button Covers. Adds extra element of protection from water ingress as well as comfort and ease of button pressing.
- 06 Detents. Larger Detent base eliminates pull-thru and adds durability to the detent system.
- New Range of Eclipse Colours: Jet Black, Gun Metal Grey, Navy Blue, Scarlet Red, British Racing Green.
- New 06 Instruction Manual. More Detail, more pictures, more maintenance features.
- New Body Profile. Sleeker design, lower weight, and more style. The Ego6 carries on the legendary Ego mantra of form and function combined.
- New In-Line Regulator. Longer and thinner, the new reg offers greater shooting comfort, added style and a larger internal stored volume. It's new dimensions also allow tighter hose configuration that utilizes easier-to-use push fittings and shorter hose length.
- New improved circuit board for the new trigger system. New mounting location (not interchangeable with 05 board) and new Optical trigger sensors. New sensors are more powerful, yet use less power than 05 Optical trigger system.
- Advanced Microprocessor; new microprocessor has more power, more memory and greater power saving features than those of previous models.
- More Powerful Eyes; the new Breech Sensor hardware means that the eyes will work in virtually direct sunlight yet use only 20% of the power of the '05 BBSS.
- Improved Battery Life; battery life extended by as much as 63%, depending upon battery type and usage. Continuous tests at 10bps resulted in a 46% improvement over previous models using the factory fitted battery.
- Improved Battery Terminals; new "gripper" battery terminal design is more durable and provides better electrical contact than on previous models.
- Thicker waterproof coating on the circuit board provides even more resistance to water than before.
- Improved Breech Sensor Logic; breech sensor is even more responsive than on previous models, which means that the Ego6 is able to react much quicker to paintballs entering the breech.
- Multiple Factory Debounce Settings. Trigger debounce can be set on a simple scale of 1 to 5. Alternatively, users can adjust their own debounce settings. The TT Filter is still available yet can also be switched off completely if required, making this the easiest Ego yet to debounce.
- Adjustable Trigger Hysteresis. Along with the traditional trigger stops, it is now possible to set the trigger activation and release points within the software, providing a level of adjustability far superior to any micro-switch.
- Peak Rate-Of-Fire Indicator; giving two ROF indicators to choose from. Full one second sampling to give "True" number of Balls-Per-Second (same as 05 Ego), or Peak Rate-Of-Fire that gives the rate-of-fire between both the last two consecutive shots AND the fastest two shots achieved in a string. Peak ROF is stored after use for true "bragging rights".
- Improved Training Mode. Breech Sensor can be switched on and off in Training Mode and all parameters are "live" for a true simulation without the bangs.
- Improved LCD Readability. A new display font and larger BBSS icon improve readability. The dynamic battery level indicator is updated much more frequently than on previous models.
The Planet Eclipse EGO 2006 is older, so while it may be available used and in a few cases new, it is not commonly available anymore.
got my new ego Saturday went home and toyed around the backyard
the first thing i did was check all screws and detents(ive heard of problems)
after i hooked everything up and put some xball in i took a couple shots and saw the accuracy even with an un broken in reg. after i toyed with the modes i set it to strait semi. i then proceeded to blow my mind and a hole in a thick box. This marker rocks out of the box
Ok so game day. I screw in my tank get chronoed unbroken in only 2+/-2 on the chrono
so at break i get to a dorito and pop a guy in the mask i then run and gun my way to snake and take a back left and right snake. This gun was so fast and accurate it was unfair to w/e team i wasn't on. It was also feather light getting to the fifty.
This gun rocks out of the box i touched nothing and it ripped. if u have the money to blow on it get it
10 out of 10
Last edited on Sunday, April 9th, 2006 at 6:33 pm PST
Crossfire 1.1 LP
the rest is Standard.
Nothing really, for those who want: another barrel
Easy to Maintain/adjust
Looking for a new marker a friend of me told me about the Ego. At first I thought of buying another marker simply because I found the Ego ugly as hell. But when I saw it in person I found out that pics don't do justice to the beauty of this marker. It is milled absolutely amazing. The first time I only held it and the first thing I noticed was it's weight. It's very very light. Also it's balanced very well. I don't have to be afraid of coming out of a bunker with my hopper first, this thing simply falls to the inside when I hold it in front of me.
The main reason why I choose the Ego over the rest is it's reliability. I live in Holland and 60% of the year it's cold and raining. So I want a marker that shoots NO matter what the outside conditions are. The Ego simply does that..
Another pro is the fact it is so simple to maintain. Everyone can do it, also because of the great manual that is included. ( I used to own an ION and the first time I had to clean it I broke it because of the terrible manual ).
Adjusting the settings is also very simple. I had the advantage that Nicky Truter set up mine so I don't have to worry about that myself. But the lcd helps a lot here. It's clear and easy to read.
One of the thing I did was taking out the spring and 1 of the 2 magnets in the trigger, I recommend you doing the same. Without that it's even easier to get this thing rapping like crazy.
Right now I played 6 complete days with the Ego and shot a lot to test the settings and it never broke a ball. Even with absolute crap-paint it shoots out of this world. I'm not even going to get a DART-bolt because I think it's not necessary at all.
This thing is great!! I turned Ego addicted in a blink. Everything is perfect, this is THE marker to get. A ready to rock package out of the box for a very good price. Planet Eclipse has the best service in the business. I always think it's not correct to give a product a 10 out of 10, but I can't even think of 1 thing that isn't good about this marker...
Angels - I Like them, but the Ego surpasses
Timmys - Like em, but the Ego surpasses
Shockers - Ego is even lighter, and kills in the performance
Dynasty Shocker - Liked the Ego better
DMs - ego is just better
NME - liked the NME better than 05 timmys, but ego is better
Depends on the day
The Ego I shot was pretty much stock with an ultralite barrel
Barrel Kit. And that goes for any gun.
Other than that, you're good to rip
Kinda loud, but hey, you're probobly not playing woods anyways
I only got to test this gun out, but I was amazed. I've shot most high end markers, and the Ego just blows most of them away. It balances well, is extremely fast, efficient, reliable, and just looks good. I was able to shoot a rope of paint with almost no effort on uncapped semi. If you think you're fast, this gun will make you faster. It was a pleasure to shoot this marker, and I am definitely getting one.
Best Marker I've ever shot. If you can afford it, buy one. Or sell two of your other guns and replace them with this. You won't be disappointed.
Can be a little loud but dose that matter?
I dont like the neck
Well I just picked up my new O6 ego so heres a little review for yall!
Looks- Looks dead sexy, i love it so much the millng is verry nice
Speed- Im going to start off by saying i have verry slow fingers and on this i seriously got around 15-16 bps wich is crazy fast!
Kick- When i first got it i was worried about the kick till i shot it. I was soooo stunned, the thing dose not move at all! It just sits there its awesome!
Trigger- Verrry verry adjustable, no matter what kind of trigger you like this will suit you. You can make it any way you like, mines pretty snappy.
Modes- I really like this
Simi 1- Uncapped simi
simi 2- Capped at 15
ramp 1- Capped at 15, verry easy to get to 15. I think you have to hit like 4 to start ramping
ramp 2- a little harder to get to 15
ramp 3- Kinda hard to get to 15
Settings- Any thing you need is here- Debounde, fillters everything
Weight- This thing is soooooooooooooooo light, when i piked it up i was like wow wheres the rest of it lol
Eficiency- I can get about 7 pods and a hopper off of a 45/45 wich is amazing
The not so good
Well theres only 2 little things
Sound- Its freekin loud! I really dont care tho
Neck- I dont like it cuz you have to screw and unscrew it each time you put a hopper on
2006 Proto Matrix with Tadao Musashi 5. Little heavier, kinda of a gas hog.
2006 Planet Eclipse Ego - Jet Black
HALO B w/ Rip Drive - Black
70/4500 Crossfire Stubby HP
Tadao M7 if you want higher MROF in the ramping modes.
Efficiency and Weight. Shoots lasers. :D
None really, but some may want higher MROF in the ramping mode.
I picked up a new 2006 Ego after playing with my 2006 Proto for a few months. I was kinda tired of the lower efficiency I was getting from the spool valve, so I wanted a gun that would get more shots per fill.
After searching around through my options, I decided on the Ego because all of my friends that have one, have little to no problems. I looked around for a deal, and finally found one at my local shop. They sold me a brand new, barely off the UPS truck Ego for $1000.
My first impressions of this marker were excellent. PE boxes it up in a very nice metal case! Only downside to the packaging was the smell! :P It kind of smells like Old Navy sandals. BUT WHO CARES?? The manual that comes along with the marker is very high quality and quite informative. If you can't fix a problem with the included Ego manual, pick up a Tippmann instead. The LCD is very awesome. Very clear, and actualy words are alot easier to use during programming compared to LEDs.
The anno and milling on the marker is very clean. Much closer to true black than what was on my Proto. The tooth milling above the bolt is sexy! I did notice that it's just a tad bit heavier than the 05 Ego though.
At the field:
I finally had a chance to take this baby to the field for it's first use a few days after the purchase. Over the chrono I was shooting 280 -/+ 5. Worked well enough for me considering it wasn't even broken in yet. Ball on freakin' ball accuracy. I don't really see what all the fuss about kick and Egos is. I was hardly getting much kick - and that's coming from someone who moved from a PM6 to an Ego. Sound is quite louder than my PM6, but once the balls start flying, who cares? It didn't stop me from mowing muppets all day.
Time to sell my 70/4500 and pick up a 45/4500! I won't be needing that much air from now on!
Great product coupled with great customer service! PE takes care of their consumers! The sheer uberness of this marker made it well worth every penny I spent on it.
9 out of 10
Last edited on Thursday, March 9th, 2006 at 5:52 pm PST
Blue, Shocktech DM4 Afterschock todd Adamson edition, reloader B w/ rip (hybrid shell, critical paintall delrin drive cone housing and spring housing, Victory board, shocktech spring, and shocktech puley), 68/4500, 68/3000, 45/4500, m7, and a ultralite barrel.
06 EGO, stock
Some ppl dont like the grips, I like them though. A "Clever Feed" (easier feed neck), A CCU kit to give it some flava. A new board, i suggest the m8 (gotta wait a lil while), yall dont know about it yet, but I have friends sponsored by tado.. so they are getting them in soon. Since the stock board is capped, so you are RAw if you can hit 20bps, you can hit 16 all day long.
The only real upgrade needed is to tweak the trigger cause the front magnet screw is a pain.
Consistent, accurate, Easy to rip on, reliable, light, small, EVERYTHING YOU WANT IN A GUN.
That trigger is a lil bit of a pain.... Capped board... feedneck
OKay, out of the box I aired it up, 284, 285, 285, 284. One balling people left and right. It shoots extremely straight (in my opinion as good as if not better than a cocker). I hit a branch that is smaller than 1 inch wide 3 times in a row, just one balling. Very light, when you have a 45/4500 on it, you sometimes don't even think it is a gun. Retarded light, also very compact/small. One of my buddies used it w/ my 45/4500 and said it was to small and he would rather it have a 68 on it. I have on as well, but i like it that small, keeps me in better for tourney play. I only paid 1031 for it brand new cause of my sponsorships. And i love it and it is worth every penny.
The only real problem that i don't like is that front trigger screw, the one that controls the magnetic pull back. As you play with it the trigger, firing it right, the screw shakes and the magnet pulls it back in. So you need to find a way to keep it out more. If you screw it out enough past the back travel screw it will last several games, about 1000 shots before you need to screw it back out. I just check on it every game.
I love this gun, and for touneys i dont need it to shoot over 15 bps. It is extremely light and fast, oh i forgot small. A must have. The amazing abilities it has far exceed the 10 limit, but that screw brings it back closer to an 11. All of my teammates who use it say that the gun alone kills people.
06 jet black ego red parts delrin pin cp barrel kit cp feedkneck
Nothing is really needed. just maybe something here and there
Maybe a little loud but that doesnt make a difference unless ur playing scenario lol
This is by FAR the best gun i have shot throughout my paintball career. it has everything you could ever want. some guns have this and other guns have that. but this gun has it all. it rips right out of the box. you will not be let down by this gun. it mows people.
If you have the dough, get this over anything else. without a doubt this gun rocks
Distinctive sound when firing, in other words, a bit loud
I was at the field ready to play with my Alias, when a friend brought my EGO. Since my Alias, for some strange reason, began acting up and didn't want to work (probably my solenoid went). Anyways...
When I first got the marker, it came in an amazing and well thought out package/case. Pretty fancy as to be expected. I put on my tank, attached a Pepper Stickz barrel to it, and attached my loader. First thing I noticed that this rig was light. I went to go chrono it and surprisingly, I didn't have to make any adjustment. It was shooting 278 - 280 right out of the box. There was hardly any kick to the marker.
During the day, I noticed that the marker was a bit of a hog on air, but to be expected with a brand new marker. I would expect it will get better as I put more paint through it. Accuracy was very good but it took me a little bit to sight in, since I was so used to the Alias. I wasn't able to try any of the other firing modes due to the Manual was MIA in the box. But later checking on their website, I was able to find the manual easily. The manual is excellent IMO. I also downloaded some Tech videos for the EGO. Very helpful and informative for when it comes to maintenance time. Funny thing is when watching the video, it was like watching one of those British Tea time channels (hehe), but worth watching. The marker is loud when firing. So there's no hiding when firing. It's like the MG-42 of markers. When you hear it, you want to run and hide.
This marker is fast, light, an priced comparably to any top of the line marker. This marker is excellent for speedball, but I wouldn't use it for woodsball because of its' Heavy Metal loudness. Rock on!
EGO'06, jet black
Nexus Blue colorkit
None so far, perhaps a different barrel
None, but read review
Having used many different markers, mainly SP Ion, I knew I had to go for a High End marker. Playing in the Netherlands and Belgium I realized that cold weather gives problems with certain markers. With advise from other players I went for the PE Ego.
The Ego'06 came out, and I ordered one. I quickly installed my color kit and played with it out of the box. Unfortunately, there was something wrong with my board. It had a malfunction caused by a short circuit. My board was changed by Nicky Truter himself (met him at a clinic by Tony Perez), now my Ego'06 works perfectly.
I noticed that many markers had difficulty with cold weather, including my own SP Ion. DM4's had incredible drop of because of the cold. Not my, and my friends, Ego. It just kept shooting like hell.
In one game, with bad paint, I had many ball breaks... cursing like hell I went of the field, worried because now I had to clean my marker. I removed the bolt and loader and looked into the breech.... it was clean.
Only the barrel had paint in it. And believe me, we used some very bad paint. Perhaps you don't even have to buy the D.A.R.T. Bolt (perhaps maybe for old paint).
The gun is very consistent, fast and accurate. I wanted to order a Dye Ultralite, but having played with this barrel I want to keep my money in my pocket.
We got some settings from Nicky Truder to install your Ego even better than the factory settings. Lowering the debounce settings and such. I've got a friend who has done this and he assured me he emptied his loader in a matter of seconds.
I'm not entirely sure these are legal settings, but what the heck... I'll try it.
For settings just search the internet.
This is surely an incredible gun. It is fast, accurate and consistant. Buy it and be amazed.
I've used other guns, but this one gave me no problems at all.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Friday, March 3rd, 2006 at 1:14 pm PST
Accuracy: hands down one of the best,right next to the shocker. has nice tight groupings when walking the trigger. and has nice groupings at farther distances. out of the box it has a slight kick(not a problem with all)this can be easily fixed by tinkering with the gun and following the manual.
speed: fats fast fast what else do i have to say.the stock trigger is amazing for my liking.
size: the thing is compact its nice for any player on the field. small enough for a front player and enough fire power a back player
a very air efficient boxx i hear it will even get better after i use it more.
This is any paintballers wet dream.its worth every penny my advice is to go buy one now planet eclipse struck gold with this gun
10 out of 10
Last edited on Wednesday, March 1st, 2006 at 10:13 am PST